|By Marketwired .||
|March 3, 2014 06:41 PM EST||
NOVATO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/03/14 -- IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Pro 21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21.
A new feature video may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O3BWd7A88
"I'm pleased to announce that TurboCAD Pro Platinum now offers simple BIM though IFC export," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "TurboCAD already provided an integrated suite of architectural design tools and objects, and allowed users to create custom data sets. Now with the ability to export data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, more customers can use TurboCAD for simple BIM operations."
As a general 2D/3D CAD application for professionals, TurboCAD Pro and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 also offers significant enhancements to the areas of 3D modeling and mechanical design, rendering and UV mapping, drafting and detailing, and interoperability.
TurboCAD Pro v21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum v21 new and enhanced features include:
NEW ARCHITECTURAL / SIMPLE BIM
- New Simple BIM with IFC export allows users to export geometry for walls, doors, windows, slabs, and roofs as well as custom data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- New PPM Objects as Doors and Windows extends parametric scripting in TurboCAD such that the resultant objects can be used as doors and windows.
- New Slice Any Solid with a (ACIS®) Surface allows any flat or curved plane in space to be used to bisect a solid.
- New ACIS R24 3D solid modeling engine and interoperability filters, plus enhancements to several features based on this engine.
- Improved Quick Pull Tool with options to dynamically modify fillets, bends, and/or cylindrical radii.
- New ACIS Faceting Algorithm gives more adequate results and adds options to the ACIS faceter properties.
- New Faceter Properties allows users to control the facet resolution of the display for improved productivity.
- New Drafting Objects Breaks use a conventional break to abbreviate the display of long drafting objects.
- New Edit Tool option "Node Filter" lets users select a subset of nodes on objects with a large number of nodes to optimize performance and ease of use.
- New option "On/Off 'Workplane by 3D object'" was added to the Edit Tool.
RENDERING & UV MAPPING
- Improved Render Manager is now a universal tool to manage and edit photorealistic elements for Redsdk and Lightworks.
- New Redsdk Photorealistic Enhancements includes new, full support of Redsdk environments, luminances, render styles, and HDRI.
- New Material Wizard allows users to automatically create a new material based on an inserted image. This includes bump maps, image maps, transparency maps and reflection maps.
- New UV Mapping Proportional Editing edits the mesh which defines the relationship between the UV Map and the mapped image.
- New Geo-located Sun creates universal Sun Light calculations and rendering based on one of three modes: (1) user geo-location, date, and time; (2) longitude, latitude and custom time; (3) angle and azimuth.
- New Unwrapping algorithm finds the optimum way to take a 3D surface and flatten it with the minimum distortion.
- New Create Segment by Edges option refines the method for defining segments used in UV Mapping.
- Improved Redsdk rendering engine by Redway 3D has been updated to version 3.3.
- Improved Redsdk Selector Tool for smoother viewing when moving the camera or scrolling.
- Improved Redsdk Photo Rendering with the ability to configure the number of threads for Redsdk ray trace rendering.
NEW DRAFTING AND DETAILING
- New Arrow Tools rapidly draw arc, curve, line, and polyline arrows with options to specify the head and tail or create your own.
- New Auto-Shapes allow users to quickly sketch out standard shapes (arc, line, box, etc.) and automatically create the precision shape.
- Improved Area Units discretely specify Area Units from Linear Units.
- New Custom Text Formatting for Dimensioning includes bolding, superscript, subscript, italics, support for multiple font scales, and multi-line.
- New Delta Distance and Delta Move Angle(s) allow users to move a selected object simply by specifying distance and a direction.
- New Rotate View with Viewport option synchronizes the rotation of viewports and views while retaining the possibility of discreet rotation.
- New Move Dimension Text adds flexibility by allowing users to edit dimension text from inside the dimension tool using the local menu.
- Improved Dimensional Updating for Drafting Objects through improved associative interactivity, with or without viewports.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF) read/write filters for 2013/2014 files.
- New SketchUp (SKP) read/write filter based on new 2013 APIs.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 21 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 is $1,695 and is now available.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2014 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2533639
"We're a cybersecurity firm that specializes in engineering security solutions both at the software and hardware level. Security cannot be an after-the-fact afterthought, which is what it's become," stated Richard Blech, Chief Executive Officer at Secure Channels, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,215
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 10, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 2,071
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,353
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,818
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 10, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 4,153
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,105
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,033
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,971
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,549
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 10, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,095
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,010
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,384
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 10, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,425
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,373
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 10, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,841