|By Marketwired .||
|March 3, 2014 06:41 PM EST||
NOVATO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/03/14 -- IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Pro 21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21.
A new feature video may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O3BWd7A88
"I'm pleased to announce that TurboCAD Pro Platinum now offers simple BIM though IFC export," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "TurboCAD already provided an integrated suite of architectural design tools and objects, and allowed users to create custom data sets. Now with the ability to export data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, more customers can use TurboCAD for simple BIM operations."
As a general 2D/3D CAD application for professionals, TurboCAD Pro and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 also offers significant enhancements to the areas of 3D modeling and mechanical design, rendering and UV mapping, drafting and detailing, and interoperability.
TurboCAD Pro v21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum v21 new and enhanced features include:
NEW ARCHITECTURAL / SIMPLE BIM
- New Simple BIM with IFC export allows users to export geometry for walls, doors, windows, slabs, and roofs as well as custom data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- New PPM Objects as Doors and Windows extends parametric scripting in TurboCAD such that the resultant objects can be used as doors and windows.
- New Slice Any Solid with a (ACIS®) Surface allows any flat or curved plane in space to be used to bisect a solid.
- New ACIS R24 3D solid modeling engine and interoperability filters, plus enhancements to several features based on this engine.
- Improved Quick Pull Tool with options to dynamically modify fillets, bends, and/or cylindrical radii.
- New ACIS Faceting Algorithm gives more adequate results and adds options to the ACIS faceter properties.
- New Faceter Properties allows users to control the facet resolution of the display for improved productivity.
- New Drafting Objects Breaks use a conventional break to abbreviate the display of long drafting objects.
- New Edit Tool option "Node Filter" lets users select a subset of nodes on objects with a large number of nodes to optimize performance and ease of use.
- New option "On/Off 'Workplane by 3D object'" was added to the Edit Tool.
RENDERING & UV MAPPING
- Improved Render Manager is now a universal tool to manage and edit photorealistic elements for Redsdk and Lightworks.
- New Redsdk Photorealistic Enhancements includes new, full support of Redsdk environments, luminances, render styles, and HDRI.
- New Material Wizard allows users to automatically create a new material based on an inserted image. This includes bump maps, image maps, transparency maps and reflection maps.
- New UV Mapping Proportional Editing edits the mesh which defines the relationship between the UV Map and the mapped image.
- New Geo-located Sun creates universal Sun Light calculations and rendering based on one of three modes: (1) user geo-location, date, and time; (2) longitude, latitude and custom time; (3) angle and azimuth.
- New Unwrapping algorithm finds the optimum way to take a 3D surface and flatten it with the minimum distortion.
- New Create Segment by Edges option refines the method for defining segments used in UV Mapping.
- Improved Redsdk rendering engine by Redway 3D has been updated to version 3.3.
- Improved Redsdk Selector Tool for smoother viewing when moving the camera or scrolling.
- Improved Redsdk Photo Rendering with the ability to configure the number of threads for Redsdk ray trace rendering.
NEW DRAFTING AND DETAILING
- New Arrow Tools rapidly draw arc, curve, line, and polyline arrows with options to specify the head and tail or create your own.
- New Auto-Shapes allow users to quickly sketch out standard shapes (arc, line, box, etc.) and automatically create the precision shape.
- Improved Area Units discretely specify Area Units from Linear Units.
- New Custom Text Formatting for Dimensioning includes bolding, superscript, subscript, italics, support for multiple font scales, and multi-line.
- New Delta Distance and Delta Move Angle(s) allow users to move a selected object simply by specifying distance and a direction.
- New Rotate View with Viewport option synchronizes the rotation of viewports and views while retaining the possibility of discreet rotation.
- New Move Dimension Text adds flexibility by allowing users to edit dimension text from inside the dimension tool using the local menu.
- Improved Dimensional Updating for Drafting Objects through improved associative interactivity, with or without viewports.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF) read/write filters for 2013/2014 files.
- New SketchUp (SKP) read/write filter based on new 2013 APIs.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 21 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 is $1,695 and is now available.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2014 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2533639
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 534
"We have several customers now running private clouds. They're not as large as they should be but it's getting there. The adoption challenge has been pretty simple. Look at the world today of virtualization vs cloud," stated Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,408
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,242
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,254
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,872
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 28, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,901
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,684
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,455
SYS-CON Events announced today that Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said “No to LUNs.” With Tintri they mana...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,878
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,359
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,085
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,239
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,260
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 28, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,625