|By Marketwired .||
|March 3, 2014 06:41 PM EST||
NOVATO, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/03/14 -- IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Pro 21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21.
A new feature video may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8O3BWd7A88
"I'm pleased to announce that TurboCAD Pro Platinum now offers simple BIM though IFC export," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "TurboCAD already provided an integrated suite of architectural design tools and objects, and allowed users to create custom data sets. Now with the ability to export data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, more customers can use TurboCAD for simple BIM operations."
As a general 2D/3D CAD application for professionals, TurboCAD Pro and TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 also offers significant enhancements to the areas of 3D modeling and mechanical design, rendering and UV mapping, drafting and detailing, and interoperability.
TurboCAD Pro v21 and TurboCAD Pro Platinum v21 new and enhanced features include:
NEW ARCHITECTURAL / SIMPLE BIM
- New Simple BIM with IFC export allows users to export geometry for walls, doors, windows, slabs, and roofs as well as custom data to the Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) format, the industry standard for BIM information.
- New PPM Objects as Doors and Windows extends parametric scripting in TurboCAD such that the resultant objects can be used as doors and windows.
- New Slice Any Solid with a (ACIS®) Surface allows any flat or curved plane in space to be used to bisect a solid.
- New ACIS R24 3D solid modeling engine and interoperability filters, plus enhancements to several features based on this engine.
- Improved Quick Pull Tool with options to dynamically modify fillets, bends, and/or cylindrical radii.
- New ACIS Faceting Algorithm gives more adequate results and adds options to the ACIS faceter properties.
- New Faceter Properties allows users to control the facet resolution of the display for improved productivity.
- New Drafting Objects Breaks use a conventional break to abbreviate the display of long drafting objects.
- New Edit Tool option "Node Filter" lets users select a subset of nodes on objects with a large number of nodes to optimize performance and ease of use.
- New option "On/Off 'Workplane by 3D object'" was added to the Edit Tool.
RENDERING & UV MAPPING
- Improved Render Manager is now a universal tool to manage and edit photorealistic elements for Redsdk and Lightworks.
- New Redsdk Photorealistic Enhancements includes new, full support of Redsdk environments, luminances, render styles, and HDRI.
- New Material Wizard allows users to automatically create a new material based on an inserted image. This includes bump maps, image maps, transparency maps and reflection maps.
- New UV Mapping Proportional Editing edits the mesh which defines the relationship between the UV Map and the mapped image.
- New Geo-located Sun creates universal Sun Light calculations and rendering based on one of three modes: (1) user geo-location, date, and time; (2) longitude, latitude and custom time; (3) angle and azimuth.
- New Unwrapping algorithm finds the optimum way to take a 3D surface and flatten it with the minimum distortion.
- New Create Segment by Edges option refines the method for defining segments used in UV Mapping.
- Improved Redsdk rendering engine by Redway 3D has been updated to version 3.3.
- Improved Redsdk Selector Tool for smoother viewing when moving the camera or scrolling.
- Improved Redsdk Photo Rendering with the ability to configure the number of threads for Redsdk ray trace rendering.
NEW DRAFTING AND DETAILING
- New Arrow Tools rapidly draw arc, curve, line, and polyline arrows with options to specify the head and tail or create your own.
- New Auto-Shapes allow users to quickly sketch out standard shapes (arc, line, box, etc.) and automatically create the precision shape.
- Improved Area Units discretely specify Area Units from Linear Units.
- New Custom Text Formatting for Dimensioning includes bolding, superscript, subscript, italics, support for multiple font scales, and multi-line.
- New Delta Distance and Delta Move Angle(s) allow users to move a selected object simply by specifying distance and a direction.
- New Rotate View with Viewport option synchronizes the rotation of viewports and views while retaining the possibility of discreet rotation.
- New Move Dimension Text adds flexibility by allowing users to edit dimension text from inside the dimension tool using the local menu.
- Improved Dimensional Updating for Drafting Objects through improved associative interactivity, with or without viewports.
- Improved AutoCAD® (DWG/DXF) read/write filters for 2013/2014 files.
- New SketchUp (SKP) read/write filter based on new 2013 APIs.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Pro 21 is $1,495 and is now available. TurboCAD Pro Platinum 21 is $1,695 and is now available.
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2014 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2533639
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hanu Software will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Leveraging best-in-class people, processes, and technologies, Hanu provides high-quality, high-value software development and business process outsourcing services to independent software vendors (ISVs) and enterprises.
May. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,227
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 25, 2016 08:41 AM EDT
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 25, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,120
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 25, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,003
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, will discuss the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to fo...
May. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,432
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 25, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 842
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 25, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,039
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,068
Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) will feature the upcoming 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in a New York news documentary about the "New IT for the Future." The documentary will cover how big companies are transmitting or adopting the new IT for the future and will be filmed on the expo floor between June 7-June 9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. KBS has long been a leader in the development of the broadcasting culture of Korea. As the key public service broadcaster of Korea...
May. 25, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,701
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,135
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 24, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 837
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 24, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,811
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 24, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 985
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 24, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,670
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,859