|By PR Newswire||
|March 3, 2014 08:56 PM EST||
TORONTO, March 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Agellan Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust (the "REIT") (TSX:ACR.UN) is pleased to report its financial results for the year ended December 31, 2013. For 2013 the REIT has compared its results to the 2013 Forecast of Financial Information ("Forecast") disclosed in the REIT's offering prospectus dated January 17, 2013, which is available on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com.
Summary of Financial Information:
FINANCIAL AND OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
(all dollar amounts in 000's, except per Unit amounts)
|January 25, 2013||December 31, 2013|
|Summary of Operational Information|
|Number of Properties||23||26|
|Gross Leasable Area ("GLA") (in 000's)||4,210||4,575|
|Occupancy % (Current)||91%||93%|
|Average lease term to maturity (years)||4.4||4.3|
|Summary of Financial Information|
|Gross Book Value||$430,404||$555,558|
|Debt to Gross Book Value||57%||54%|
|Weighted average mortgage interest rate||4.0%||3.8%|
|For the year to date period ended December 31, 2013|
|Total property and property related revenue||$58,246||$54,127||$4,119|
|Net Operating Income ("NOI")||$34,690||$32,193||$2,497|
|Funds from Operations ("FFO")||$22,429||$20,704||$1,725|
|Adjusted Funds from Operations ("AFFO")||$16,129||$15,417||$712|
|Basic FFO per Unit||$1.11||$1.07||$0.04|
|Basic AFFO per Unit||$0.80||$0.80||$0.00|
|Distributions per Unit||$0.73||$0.73||$0.00|
|Units outstanding at period-end (in 000's):||23,270|
|Weighted average Units outstanding (in 000's):||20,281|
(1) Forecast figures have been prorated to reflect the REIT's actual operational period to date, being January 25, 2013 to December 31, 2013
Highlights of the Year:
- Operating results for the year ended December 31, 2013 exceeded the Forecast. While there were subtle negative variances to the forecasted operating assumptions impacting the 23 properties acquired by the REIT pursuant to its initial public offering on January 25, 2013 (the "Initial Properties"), the REIT's performance benefited from USD $63.25 million of acquisitions made in 2013, as well as, a strong U.S. dollar. The REIT's strategy of holding a geographically diversified portfolio with substantial exposure to the United States, helped the Initial Properties to exceed the forecasted results.
- AFFO for the three month period ended December 31, 2013 was $4,616, which compared favourably to forecasted AFFO of $4,236 by $380 or 9.0%. AFFO for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $16,129, which also compared favourably to forecasted AFFO of $15,417 by $712 or 4.6%. Both positive variances were due primarily to the acquisitions made in 2013.
- AFFO per Unit for the three month period ended December 31, 2013 was $0.203, compared to forecasted AFFO per Unit of $0.218, unfavourable by $0.015 or 6.9%. AFFO per Unit for the year ended December 31, 2013 was $0.795 compared to forecasted AFFO per Unit of $0.796, unfavourable by $0.001 or 0.1%. The unfavourable results were due primarily to the difference in timing between the REIT's first follow-on offering completed on October 9, 2013 and the closing of the REIT's acquisitions of Beltway 8 Corporate Center III & IV and the Linville Building (defined below).
- On June 12, 2013, the REIT acquired 11000 Corporate Center Drive, Houston, Texas ("Beltway 8 Corporate Center II") for a total purchase price of USD $18.25 million excluding acquisition costs, representing an implied capitalization rate of 8.16%. The property is a two-storey commercial office facility located in the fast growing Techway and Energy Corridor in Houston, Texas. The property has approximately 101,000 square feet of GLA, and is 100% occupied by three tenants. Constructed in 2003, the building is part of a larger corporate office park which has attracted many investment grade tenants. The lead tenant, National Oilwell Varco, is S&P rated "A" and is expected to occupy approximately 75% of the property until 2020.
- On July 1, 2013, the REIT completed an early lease renewal of IBM Canada's premises comprising approximately 102,000 square feet at Parkway Place for an additional ten years at market rates. IBM Canada's renewal premises comprises both office and data centre space. In addition, the tenant renewed approximately 22,000 square feet of enclosed space outside the building's BOMA GLA that is used to support IBM's data centre space. The early renewal extends the lease until 2025. Further, the REIT has reduced the scope of the former restrictive covenant in favour of IBM, which allows for greater leasing flexibility for the REIT moving forward.
- On July 1, 2013, the REIT entered into two new leases at Parkway Place for a combined 36,289 square feet, resulting in a reduction of approximately 36% of the original 101,000 square feet of vendor lease space at Parkway Place.
- On July 8, 2013, the REIT completed an early lease renewal with CH2M Hill Canada for one additional year at market rates. CH2M Hill Canada occupies 57,713 square feet at Parkway Place, expiring March 2018.
- On September 9, 2013, the REIT entered into a lease for approximately 15,000 square feet at Parkway Place commencing January 1, 2014 resulting in further reduction of the vendor lease space at Parkway Place.
- On October 9, 2013 the REIT closed a public offering of 3.4 million Units at a price of $8.70 per Unit for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $30.0 million (the "October 2013 Public Offering"). The REIT also granted the underwriters to the October 2013 Public Offering an over-allotment option to purchase an additional 345,000 Units on the same terms and conditions, which was exercised in full on November 4, 2013.
- On November 12, 2013, the REIT acquired 10900 Corporate Center Drive ("Beltway 8 Corporate Center III"), and 4920 Westway ("Beltway 8 Corporate Center IV") for a total purchase price of USD $45.0 million excluding acquisition costs, representing an implied capitalization rate of 8.47%. The properties were constructed in 2006 and are located in the fast growing Techway and Energy Corridor in Houston, Texas. The properties have approximately 130,000 square feet of GLA each and are part of a larger corporate office park, which, includes the previously acquired Beltway 8 Corporate Center II. The properties are leased to six investment grade tenants, with weighted average term to maturity of 4.3 years.
- Subsequent to year end, the REIT acquired a property located in Charlotte, North Carolina known as the "Linville Building" on January 10, 2014. The property was acquired for a total purchase price of USD $19.0 million excluding acquisition costs, representing an implied capitalization of 8.2%. The property was constructed in 2008 and has approximately 118,000 square feet of GLA. The property is considered the premier building in its submarket, ideally positioned between Charlotte's central business district and Lake Norman, an affluent residential area. The property is 91% occupied by strong national credit tenants, who have a weighted average term to maturity of approximately 6 years.
- Subsequent to year end the REIT has finalized several new leases and lease renewals. The renewals noted below account for 12% of the total 2014 lease expirations and were executed at rates more favourable than the 2013 in place rents. The result, consistent with management's belief, shows an improvement in market conditions for the REIT's asset portfolio.
- Significant leasing activity subsequent to year end includes:
- 1100 Warrenville - Renewal - 32,205 square feet - Expiring 2025
- 5975 South Loop - Renewal -20,137 square feet - Expiring 2019
- 3707 Interchange - New Lease - 14,400 square feet - Expiring 2021
- Subsequent to year end, the REIT entered into an "Agreement to Lease" with a prestigious European car manufacturer, to develop and lease a minimum of 3.30 acres at Parkway Place. The Agreement to Lease is subject to certain obligations of both parties.
"For the fourth consecutive quarter, our results demonstrate our ability to drive leasing and deliver both internal and external growth in our portfolio," says Frank Camenzuli, Chief Executive Officer of the REIT. "We are excited about the pace of leasing activity seen so far in 2014, as well as the advancements of the development activity at Parkway Place. We feel that our portfolio is well positioned to drive substantial internal growth going forward as a result of our exposure to high growth US markets such as Texas. In addition, the REIT's portfolio value and AFFO are expected to continue to reap the benefit of the strengthening U.S. dollar."
Senior management will host a conference call to discuss the results on Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. EST. In order to participate, please dial 1-416-340-2217 or 1-866-696-5910 and enter participant pass code: 4526238. You will be required to identify yourself and the organization on whose behalf you are participating. For operator assistance during the call, please press *0.
If you cannot participate on March 5, 2014 a replay of the conference call will be available by dialing 1-905-694-9451 or 1-800-408-3053 and entering participant pass code: 3880896. The replay will be available until March 19, 2014.
Information appearing in this news release is a select summary of results. The consolidated financial statements along with management's discussion and analysis for the REIT are available at www.agellancommercialreit.com and on www.sedar.com.
The REIT is an unincorporated, open-ended real estate investment trust established pursuant to a declaration of trust under the laws of the Province of Ontario. The REIT has been created for the purpose of acquiring and owning industrial, office and retail properties in select major urban markets in the United States and Canada.
The REIT's current portfolio aggregates approximately 4.7 million square feet of gross leasable area in 27 properties. The properties are primarily located in major urban markets in the United States and Canada.
Non-IFRS supplemental measures:
NOI, FFO and AFFO are key measures of performance used by real estate operating companies; however, they are not defined by International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS"), do not have standard meanings and may not be comparable with other industries or income trusts. These Non-IFRS measures are more fully defined and discussed in the REIT's Management Discussion and Analysis for the year ended December 31, 2013, which is available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Forward looking information:
This press release may contain forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities legislation. Forward-looking information is based on a number of assumptions and is subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the REIT's control, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those that are disclosed in or implied by such forward-looking information. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, general and local economic and business conditions; the financial condition of tenants; the REIT's ability to refinance maturing debt; leasing risks, including those associated with the ability to lease vacant space; and interest and currency rate functions. The REIT's objectives and forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions, including that the general economy remains stable, interest rates remain stable, conditions within the real estate market remain consistent, competition for acquisitions remains consistent with the current climate and that the capital markets continue to provide ready access to equity and/or debt. All forward-looking information in this press release speaks as of the date of this press release. The REIT does not undertake to update any such forward-looking information whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additional information about these assumptions and risks and uncertainties is contained in the REIT's filings with securities regulators, including its latest annual information form and MD&A.
SOURCE Agellan Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,644
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 269
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,608
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Oct. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 697
operations aren’t merging to become one discipline. Nor is operations simply going away. Rather, DevOps is leading software development and operations – together with other practices such as security – to collaborate and coexist with less overhead and conflict than in the past. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will discuss what modern operational practices look like in a world in which applications are more loosely coupled, are deve...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,009
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,246
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,909
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 544
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,227
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,154
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, discussed the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filterin...
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,055
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Oct. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,115
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 16,643
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,107
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,416