|By Business Wire||
|March 4, 2014 08:05 AM EST||
Easy Solutions, the Total Fraud Protection® company, today launched the latest version of its authentication solution, DetectID, which includes a new push authentication capability, providing banks with a superior out-of-band authentication and user experience. The new release of DetectID provides a framework for banks to leverage push notifications technology to enable bi-directional communications with customers to approve, on their phone, online activities such as login request, transaction request, or changes to their personal online profile. Additionally, with this technology integrated in mobile banking apps, banks also have an opportunity to transform their existing alerts offering from a reactive alert service to a proactive customer engagement service, where customers can instantly take action on an alert.
Push authentication is available as a software library for banks and enterprises to integrate into their own mobile applications for seamless authentication, or as a stand-alone mobile application. It’s currently supported for Apple iOS and Google Android.
According to a recently released report, global smartphone penetration surpassed 1 billion users in 2012 and will total 1.75 billion by the end of 2014. As of December of 2013, one in every five people in the world own a smartphone. This movement holds the promise for safer and more convenient authentication solutions compared to SMS One-Time Password (OTP) messages, which are not user-friendly, can be costly, may inhibit user adoption and even drive some users away. Easy Solutions DetectID with push authentication harnesses the smartphone native security architecture to secure the device and leverage it to authenticate customers in a way that minimizes user experience friction points and reduces two factor authentication costs.
“Mobile authentication represents a major challenge for banks as they seek to secure vulnerable end-points without compromising the end-user experience,” said Daniel Ingevaldson, CTO of Easy Solutions. “DetectID is setting a new standard in mobile banking by offering effortless mobile security and leveraging mobile banking applications to secure customers’ identity.”
DetectID with push authentication includes some of the following capabilities:
- Hardened End-Point Security: Push authentication messages can only be sent to registered devices and are impossible to redirect, greatly reducing Man-in-the-Middle attacks and account takeovers. Push authentication also does not store any personal information and eliminates the possibility of SIM redirection attacks.
- Improved End-User Experience: End users don’t need to wait for a One-Time Password (OTP) request, email, or any other type of inconvenient out-of-band authentication method to gain secure access to their banking app.
- Multi-Channel Support: Push authentication is part of DetectID Authentication Framework which provides strong authentication methods for all banking channels. DetectID also integrates with legacy authentication schemes, enabling fast and simple migration.
- Comprehensive APIs: DetectID includes comprehensive APIs for self-service management, including device provisioning and activation, as well as the management of the push notifications workflow.
- Native SDK Support: Organizations can embed transparent authentication in their mobile application using the DetectID SDK. The SDK provides device authentication and push authentication technology from within a native application. By transparently embedding push authentication technologies, you can secure your customers’ identity without requiring them to download a third-party app.
- Trusted Device with real-time mobile risk analytics and threat deactivation: Easy Solution SDK harnesses the unique value proposition of the Total Fraud Protection platform, which, in addition to push authentication provides key metrics and data intelligence from the device to make decisions on the transaction risk and extend proactive protection that detect and block threats. By securing the device first, organizations can securely leverage their customers’ mobile device for authentication.
Push authentication is also available with DetectID Cloud, which provides strong multi-factor authentication for cloud applications. The newest version of DetectID and DetectID Cloud are available immediately from Easy Solutions and its business partners worldwide. More information about DetectID can be found at: http://www.easysol.net/newweb/Products/DetectID
ABOUT EASY SOLUTIONS
Easy Solutions delivers Total Fraud Protection® to more than 200 clients, with over 50 million end users. The company’s products protect against phishing, pharming, malware, Man-in-the-Middle and Man-in-the-Browser attacks, and deliver multifactor authentication and transaction anomaly detection. For more information, visit http://www.easysol.net, or follow us on Twitter @goeasysol.
United States: 1401 Sawgrass Corporate Parkway, Sunrise, FL 33323. Tel. 1 (866) 524 4782
Latin America: Cra. 13A No. 98 – 21 Of. 401. Bogota, Colombia. Tel. +57 1 – 742 5570
Aug. 24, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 329
Aug. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,429
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,820
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 402
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,530
Aug. 24, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,834
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,431
Aug. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 391
Aug. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,081
Aug. 24, 2016 10:48 AM EDT Reads: 378
Aug. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Aug. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 453
Aug. 24, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 446