|By Pat Romanski||
|March 4, 2014 11:45 AM EST||
Red Hat, Inc., on Tuesday announced a comprehensive open source business process management suite, Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite 6, which includes the next version of its business rules platform, JBoss BRMS 6. With JBoss BPM Suite 6, Red Hat brings a combination of business process management (BPM), business rules management (BRM) and complex event processing (CEP) technologies together in a single product offering.
JBoss BPM Suite is a platform for business process management that includes all the capabilities of JBoss BRMS and adds support for modeling, automation, simulation, and monitoring of business processes. JBoss BRMS is a platform for business rules management and complex event processing that is used to host an organization’s business rules and to make business decisions based on those rules, as an alternative to coding them directly in applications. The complementary technologies help organizations respond to changing market conditions faster and easier through advanced decision and process automation capabilities, and empower business users to make the necessary changes without requiring IT to manually rewrite application code.
Organizations are under constant pressure to remain competitive and compliant in a rapidly-changing business environment. Manually incorporating changes into critical IT applications can be costly and time consuming, and can introduce the risk of error and inconsistency. BPM and BRM systems play a critical role in automating workflows to maintain consistent and accurate decisions throughout an organization. By creating an environment in which business and IT users can collaborate quickly and effectively, these systems improve the ability of a business to quickly incorporate changes into their application infrastructure.
JBoss BPM Suite enables organizations to focus on helping customers and grow their business by providing:
- Visibility: JBoss BPM Suite and JBoss BRMS enable organizations to gain better visibility into how their business is functioning, identify where bottlenecks may be occurring, and determine what they can do to improve the way the organization works.
- Business Agility: With JBoss BPM Suite, business users can own, manage and change processes, rules and policies in response to changing market conditions, allowing the organization to respond faster and compete more effectively.
- Consistency: Manual intervention in business processes and decision management can lead to inconsistent outcomes and high labor costs. Modern enterprises cannot leave critical business decisions to chance. JBoss BPM Suite and JBoss BRMS help organizations execute key processes and decisions the same way, every time.
Business rules management is often deployed in conjunction with BPM to provide decision management in the context of business processes, and JBoss BPM Suite 6 incorporates all of the features found in JBoss BRMS 6. Highlights include:
- Advanced business user tools: With tooling that makes rule and process definitions visible and understandable, JBoss BPM Suite 6 helps business experts apply their domain knowledge directly to the models. These tools include a drag and drop BPMN2 process modeler, a graphical data modeler, and business activity monitoring (BAM) dashboards and reports, in addition to rule authoring and management tools also included in JBoss BRMS 6.
- Powerful integration: JBoss BPM Suite combines the powerful runtime rule engine and CEP features from JBoss BRMS with a business process execution server capable of supporting a variety of workload needs. Combining these technologies into a single, comprehensive offering provides efficient integration and a seamless user experience, ultimately allowing organizations to go to market faster with new products and services.
- Flexible deployment options: JBoss BPM Suite 6 and JBoss BRMS 6 can be deployed on physical, virtual and cloud environments. Both products can leverage JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 clustering to meet scalability and high availability deployment needs. JBoss BPM Suite 6 and JBoss BRMS 6 are compatible with platform-as-a-service (PaaS) environments, such as OpenShift by Red Hat, and provide the foundation for bpmPaaS as part of Red Hat JBoss xPaaS services for OpenShift.
JBoss BPM Suite 6 and JBoss BRMS 6 are available globally.
Jul. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 574
Jul. 30, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 568
Jul. 30, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,013
Jul. 30, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 735
Jul. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,396
Jul. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 856
Jul. 30, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 708
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,680
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 447
Jul. 30, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 447
Jul. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,389
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,710
Jul. 30, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,470
Jul. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,474
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,134