|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Happy magazine's third issue hits stands today, just in time to commemorate the United Nations' 2nd annual International Day of Happiness. The March/April 2014 issue continues its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," featuring articles and original content for readers to incorporate into their daily lives. In conjunction, Live Happy is joining forces with its Acts of Happiness campaign intended to inspire people nationwide to pledge and share their #happyacts.
The theme for this issue is SHARING and offers 31 ways to "Make March a Month of Sharing." "Sharing is naturally contagious," says Karol Nickell, Editor in Chief of Live Happy. "When you donate time, money, or talent to a local charity, mentor a newcomer at work, or open your home for a neighborhood gathering, you inspire others to do the same."
New research shows that happiness is important to one's life: positive emotions have positive effects on health, longevity, personal relationships, creativity, and work. Yet despite these clear benefits, happiness is not always a top priority. In its effort to turn this mindset around, Live Happy carries on its role as a leader in the happiness movement, helping people embrace it, as well as helping those who are struggling to define and choose their own happiness.
The March/April 2014 issue of Live Happy offers content to help people not only define happiness, but truly understand its role in their life – and just how crucial that role is – to think, act, and live happy:
- "A Happier World" – In honor of International Day of Happiness, Live Happy brought together an expert panel of the leading scientists, educators, historians, and philosophers to share their combined wisdom on happiness including: how to create more of it, the main factors that influence it, and what each person can do to make society a happier place. While they don't always agree, as they are from such vast backgrounds and experience, there are at least two points on which they are unanimous: while money can buy happiness, to an extent it's not enough, and boosting happiness is more important than ever, both for individuals and societies.
- "History Teacher" – In an exclusive interview with Live Happy, Dr. Maya Angelou, one of the most celebrated voices of our time, discusses her most treasured role as a teacher and the fact that you must "teach what you learn." She also shares what she believes is the secret to becoming a better version of oneself.
- "Clued-In" – Alicia Silverstone, actress and author of The Kind Diet, wants to change the world and believes the answer is through moms. She discusses her new book, The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning (April 15, 2014), and her philosophy on joy and acceptance, and also shares a favorite sweet recipe. Ambitious as ever, Silverstone notes, "I'm going to set the record straight and show you that getting knocked-up, without drama, and having a super-healthy, super-satisfying, soul-quenching pregnancy, birth and mama-hood is a totally attainable reality."
- "Happy Trails" – Adam Shell and Nicholas Kraft, the filmmakers behind recent documentary Finding Kraftland, embark on a mission to find the happiest people in America through their new film, Pursuing Happiness. "I wanted to see if I could actually spread more happiness and inspire people to think about their own happiness," says Shell. In this documentary, the duo speaks with psychologists, researchers, and theologians to uncover and share as much as they can about happiness.
- "Successfully Navigating Career Changes" – Feeling under-challenged, restless, or bored at work? This article discusses six steps anyone can use to make a career transition or change. Often a stressful and angst-ridden situation, unhappiness in one's career can easily be diffused with simple tips such as getting specific about the change one wants, determine what's in it for others as well as for oneself, and simplest of all – do it!
- "The New Definition of Happiness" – Live Happy columnists Shawn Achor and Michelle Gielan discuss why defining happiness is the key to sustaining it. They note how through their travels they realized that while the triggers of short term happiness varied across cultures, there are four universal qualities that sustain long term happiness: optimism, social connections, stress perception, and meaning.
- "The Dynamic Communicator" – Live Happy columnist Stacy Kaiser shares her win/win method for effective communication, which can empower people with skills for greater happiness and success. Dynamic communicators are more thoughtful, have little conflict in their life, and get more of what they want out of every situation and relationship they are part of. Kaiser shares her tips for how anyone can become a dynamic communicator, which start with recognizing the tone of communication, learning to respond consciously, and listening to one's logical and rationale side.
In its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," Live Happy is launching world happiness by joining with the UN to celebrate the International Day of Happiness on March 20, 2014. To learn more about how to be involved with Live Happy's Acts of Happiness campaign and to pledge and post #happyacts both in local cities and online, visit actsofhappiness.org.
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude, and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in living purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives. For more information, please visit livehappy.com.
SOURCE Live Happy LLC
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 620
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,136
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,308
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,011
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,023
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,513
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,299
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,677
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,920
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,942
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,502
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 242
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,917