|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Happy magazine's third issue hits stands today, just in time to commemorate the United Nations' 2nd annual International Day of Happiness. The March/April 2014 issue continues its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," featuring articles and original content for readers to incorporate into their daily lives. In conjunction, Live Happy is joining forces with its Acts of Happiness campaign intended to inspire people nationwide to pledge and share their #happyacts.
The theme for this issue is SHARING and offers 31 ways to "Make March a Month of Sharing." "Sharing is naturally contagious," says Karol Nickell, Editor in Chief of Live Happy. "When you donate time, money, or talent to a local charity, mentor a newcomer at work, or open your home for a neighborhood gathering, you inspire others to do the same."
New research shows that happiness is important to one's life: positive emotions have positive effects on health, longevity, personal relationships, creativity, and work. Yet despite these clear benefits, happiness is not always a top priority. In its effort to turn this mindset around, Live Happy carries on its role as a leader in the happiness movement, helping people embrace it, as well as helping those who are struggling to define and choose their own happiness.
The March/April 2014 issue of Live Happy offers content to help people not only define happiness, but truly understand its role in their life – and just how crucial that role is – to think, act, and live happy:
- "A Happier World" – In honor of International Day of Happiness, Live Happy brought together an expert panel of the leading scientists, educators, historians, and philosophers to share their combined wisdom on happiness including: how to create more of it, the main factors that influence it, and what each person can do to make society a happier place. While they don't always agree, as they are from such vast backgrounds and experience, there are at least two points on which they are unanimous: while money can buy happiness, to an extent it's not enough, and boosting happiness is more important than ever, both for individuals and societies.
- "History Teacher" – In an exclusive interview with Live Happy, Dr. Maya Angelou, one of the most celebrated voices of our time, discusses her most treasured role as a teacher and the fact that you must "teach what you learn." She also shares what she believes is the secret to becoming a better version of oneself.
- "Clued-In" – Alicia Silverstone, actress and author of The Kind Diet, wants to change the world and believes the answer is through moms. She discusses her new book, The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning (April 15, 2014), and her philosophy on joy and acceptance, and also shares a favorite sweet recipe. Ambitious as ever, Silverstone notes, "I'm going to set the record straight and show you that getting knocked-up, without drama, and having a super-healthy, super-satisfying, soul-quenching pregnancy, birth and mama-hood is a totally attainable reality."
- "Happy Trails" – Adam Shell and Nicholas Kraft, the filmmakers behind recent documentary Finding Kraftland, embark on a mission to find the happiest people in America through their new film, Pursuing Happiness. "I wanted to see if I could actually spread more happiness and inspire people to think about their own happiness," says Shell. In this documentary, the duo speaks with psychologists, researchers, and theologians to uncover and share as much as they can about happiness.
- "Successfully Navigating Career Changes" – Feeling under-challenged, restless, or bored at work? This article discusses six steps anyone can use to make a career transition or change. Often a stressful and angst-ridden situation, unhappiness in one's career can easily be diffused with simple tips such as getting specific about the change one wants, determine what's in it for others as well as for oneself, and simplest of all – do it!
- "The New Definition of Happiness" – Live Happy columnists Shawn Achor and Michelle Gielan discuss why defining happiness is the key to sustaining it. They note how through their travels they realized that while the triggers of short term happiness varied across cultures, there are four universal qualities that sustain long term happiness: optimism, social connections, stress perception, and meaning.
- "The Dynamic Communicator" – Live Happy columnist Stacy Kaiser shares her win/win method for effective communication, which can empower people with skills for greater happiness and success. Dynamic communicators are more thoughtful, have little conflict in their life, and get more of what they want out of every situation and relationship they are part of. Kaiser shares her tips for how anyone can become a dynamic communicator, which start with recognizing the tone of communication, learning to respond consciously, and listening to one's logical and rationale side.
In its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," Live Happy is launching world happiness by joining with the UN to celebrate the International Day of Happiness on March 20, 2014. To learn more about how to be involved with Live Happy's Acts of Happiness campaign and to pledge and post #happyacts both in local cities and online, visit actsofhappiness.org.
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude, and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in living purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives. For more information, please visit livehappy.com.
SOURCE Live Happy LLC
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 8, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 129
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 8, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 164
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 573
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 207
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 341
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 377
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 8, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 172
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 356
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 8, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 234
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 8, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 142
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 8, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 156
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 8, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 383
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 8, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 365
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 8, 2016 09:45 AM EST Reads: 169