|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Happy magazine's third issue hits stands today, just in time to commemorate the United Nations' 2nd annual International Day of Happiness. The March/April 2014 issue continues its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," featuring articles and original content for readers to incorporate into their daily lives. In conjunction, Live Happy is joining forces with its Acts of Happiness campaign intended to inspire people nationwide to pledge and share their #happyacts.
The theme for this issue is SHARING and offers 31 ways to "Make March a Month of Sharing." "Sharing is naturally contagious," says Karol Nickell, Editor in Chief of Live Happy. "When you donate time, money, or talent to a local charity, mentor a newcomer at work, or open your home for a neighborhood gathering, you inspire others to do the same."
New research shows that happiness is important to one's life: positive emotions have positive effects on health, longevity, personal relationships, creativity, and work. Yet despite these clear benefits, happiness is not always a top priority. In its effort to turn this mindset around, Live Happy carries on its role as a leader in the happiness movement, helping people embrace it, as well as helping those who are struggling to define and choose their own happiness.
The March/April 2014 issue of Live Happy offers content to help people not only define happiness, but truly understand its role in their life – and just how crucial that role is – to think, act, and live happy:
- "A Happier World" – In honor of International Day of Happiness, Live Happy brought together an expert panel of the leading scientists, educators, historians, and philosophers to share their combined wisdom on happiness including: how to create more of it, the main factors that influence it, and what each person can do to make society a happier place. While they don't always agree, as they are from such vast backgrounds and experience, there are at least two points on which they are unanimous: while money can buy happiness, to an extent it's not enough, and boosting happiness is more important than ever, both for individuals and societies.
- "History Teacher" – In an exclusive interview with Live Happy, Dr. Maya Angelou, one of the most celebrated voices of our time, discusses her most treasured role as a teacher and the fact that you must "teach what you learn." She also shares what she believes is the secret to becoming a better version of oneself.
- "Clued-In" – Alicia Silverstone, actress and author of The Kind Diet, wants to change the world and believes the answer is through moms. She discusses her new book, The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning (April 15, 2014), and her philosophy on joy and acceptance, and also shares a favorite sweet recipe. Ambitious as ever, Silverstone notes, "I'm going to set the record straight and show you that getting knocked-up, without drama, and having a super-healthy, super-satisfying, soul-quenching pregnancy, birth and mama-hood is a totally attainable reality."
- "Happy Trails" – Adam Shell and Nicholas Kraft, the filmmakers behind recent documentary Finding Kraftland, embark on a mission to find the happiest people in America through their new film, Pursuing Happiness. "I wanted to see if I could actually spread more happiness and inspire people to think about their own happiness," says Shell. In this documentary, the duo speaks with psychologists, researchers, and theologians to uncover and share as much as they can about happiness.
- "Successfully Navigating Career Changes" – Feeling under-challenged, restless, or bored at work? This article discusses six steps anyone can use to make a career transition or change. Often a stressful and angst-ridden situation, unhappiness in one's career can easily be diffused with simple tips such as getting specific about the change one wants, determine what's in it for others as well as for oneself, and simplest of all – do it!
- "The New Definition of Happiness" – Live Happy columnists Shawn Achor and Michelle Gielan discuss why defining happiness is the key to sustaining it. They note how through their travels they realized that while the triggers of short term happiness varied across cultures, there are four universal qualities that sustain long term happiness: optimism, social connections, stress perception, and meaning.
- "The Dynamic Communicator" – Live Happy columnist Stacy Kaiser shares her win/win method for effective communication, which can empower people with skills for greater happiness and success. Dynamic communicators are more thoughtful, have little conflict in their life, and get more of what they want out of every situation and relationship they are part of. Kaiser shares her tips for how anyone can become a dynamic communicator, which start with recognizing the tone of communication, learning to respond consciously, and listening to one's logical and rationale side.
In its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," Live Happy is launching world happiness by joining with the UN to celebrate the International Day of Happiness on March 20, 2014. To learn more about how to be involved with Live Happy's Acts of Happiness campaign and to pledge and post #happyacts both in local cities and online, visit actsofhappiness.org.
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude, and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in living purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives. For more information, please visit livehappy.com.
SOURCE Live Happy LLC
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,156
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of (at least) three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the back-end service, and the mobile application for the end user’s controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target –...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,564
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,086
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 495
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 545
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,988
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,761
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,620
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 466
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,478
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 766
SYS-CON Events announced today that CDS Global Cloud, an Infrastructure as a Service provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CDS Global Cloud is an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) provider specializing in solutions for e-commerce, internet gaming, online education and other internet applications. With a growing number of data centers and network points around the world, ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,033
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 585
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 248
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 254