|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Happy magazine's third issue hits stands today, just in time to commemorate the United Nations' 2nd annual International Day of Happiness. The March/April 2014 issue continues its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," featuring articles and original content for readers to incorporate into their daily lives. In conjunction, Live Happy is joining forces with its Acts of Happiness campaign intended to inspire people nationwide to pledge and share their #happyacts.
The theme for this issue is SHARING and offers 31 ways to "Make March a Month of Sharing." "Sharing is naturally contagious," says Karol Nickell, Editor in Chief of Live Happy. "When you donate time, money, or talent to a local charity, mentor a newcomer at work, or open your home for a neighborhood gathering, you inspire others to do the same."
New research shows that happiness is important to one's life: positive emotions have positive effects on health, longevity, personal relationships, creativity, and work. Yet despite these clear benefits, happiness is not always a top priority. In its effort to turn this mindset around, Live Happy carries on its role as a leader in the happiness movement, helping people embrace it, as well as helping those who are struggling to define and choose their own happiness.
The March/April 2014 issue of Live Happy offers content to help people not only define happiness, but truly understand its role in their life – and just how crucial that role is – to think, act, and live happy:
- "A Happier World" – In honor of International Day of Happiness, Live Happy brought together an expert panel of the leading scientists, educators, historians, and philosophers to share their combined wisdom on happiness including: how to create more of it, the main factors that influence it, and what each person can do to make society a happier place. While they don't always agree, as they are from such vast backgrounds and experience, there are at least two points on which they are unanimous: while money can buy happiness, to an extent it's not enough, and boosting happiness is more important than ever, both for individuals and societies.
- "History Teacher" – In an exclusive interview with Live Happy, Dr. Maya Angelou, one of the most celebrated voices of our time, discusses her most treasured role as a teacher and the fact that you must "teach what you learn." She also shares what she believes is the secret to becoming a better version of oneself.
- "Clued-In" – Alicia Silverstone, actress and author of The Kind Diet, wants to change the world and believes the answer is through moms. She discusses her new book, The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning (April 15, 2014), and her philosophy on joy and acceptance, and also shares a favorite sweet recipe. Ambitious as ever, Silverstone notes, "I'm going to set the record straight and show you that getting knocked-up, without drama, and having a super-healthy, super-satisfying, soul-quenching pregnancy, birth and mama-hood is a totally attainable reality."
- "Happy Trails" – Adam Shell and Nicholas Kraft, the filmmakers behind recent documentary Finding Kraftland, embark on a mission to find the happiest people in America through their new film, Pursuing Happiness. "I wanted to see if I could actually spread more happiness and inspire people to think about their own happiness," says Shell. In this documentary, the duo speaks with psychologists, researchers, and theologians to uncover and share as much as they can about happiness.
- "Successfully Navigating Career Changes" – Feeling under-challenged, restless, or bored at work? This article discusses six steps anyone can use to make a career transition or change. Often a stressful and angst-ridden situation, unhappiness in one's career can easily be diffused with simple tips such as getting specific about the change one wants, determine what's in it for others as well as for oneself, and simplest of all – do it!
- "The New Definition of Happiness" – Live Happy columnists Shawn Achor and Michelle Gielan discuss why defining happiness is the key to sustaining it. They note how through their travels they realized that while the triggers of short term happiness varied across cultures, there are four universal qualities that sustain long term happiness: optimism, social connections, stress perception, and meaning.
- "The Dynamic Communicator" – Live Happy columnist Stacy Kaiser shares her win/win method for effective communication, which can empower people with skills for greater happiness and success. Dynamic communicators are more thoughtful, have little conflict in their life, and get more of what they want out of every situation and relationship they are part of. Kaiser shares her tips for how anyone can become a dynamic communicator, which start with recognizing the tone of communication, learning to respond consciously, and listening to one's logical and rationale side.
In its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," Live Happy is launching world happiness by joining with the UN to celebrate the International Day of Happiness on March 20, 2014. To learn more about how to be involved with Live Happy's Acts of Happiness campaign and to pledge and post #happyacts both in local cities and online, visit actsofhappiness.org.
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude, and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in living purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives. For more information, please visit livehappy.com.
SOURCE Live Happy LLC
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 24, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,190
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudbric, a leading website security provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudbric is an elite full service website protection solution specifically designed for IT novices, entrepreneurs, and small and medium businesses. First launched in 2015, Cloudbric is based on the enterprise level Web Application Firewall by Penta Security Sys...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,151
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 24, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,042
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,745
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,900
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,629
SYS-CON Events announced today that Coalfire will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Coalfire is the trusted leader in cybersecurity risk management and compliance services. Coalfire integrates advisory and technical assessments and recommendations to the corporate directors, executives, boards, and IT organizations for global brands and organizations in the technology, cloud, health...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,566
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,365
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 24, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,588
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,768
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,604
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,724
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,402
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,558