|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 10:30 AM EST||
DALLAS, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Live Happy magazine's third issue hits stands today, just in time to commemorate the United Nations' 2nd annual International Day of Happiness. The March/April 2014 issue continues its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," featuring articles and original content for readers to incorporate into their daily lives. In conjunction, Live Happy is joining forces with its Acts of Happiness campaign intended to inspire people nationwide to pledge and share their #happyacts.
The theme for this issue is SHARING and offers 31 ways to "Make March a Month of Sharing." "Sharing is naturally contagious," says Karol Nickell, Editor in Chief of Live Happy. "When you donate time, money, or talent to a local charity, mentor a newcomer at work, or open your home for a neighborhood gathering, you inspire others to do the same."
New research shows that happiness is important to one's life: positive emotions have positive effects on health, longevity, personal relationships, creativity, and work. Yet despite these clear benefits, happiness is not always a top priority. In its effort to turn this mindset around, Live Happy carries on its role as a leader in the happiness movement, helping people embrace it, as well as helping those who are struggling to define and choose their own happiness.
The March/April 2014 issue of Live Happy offers content to help people not only define happiness, but truly understand its role in their life – and just how crucial that role is – to think, act, and live happy:
- "A Happier World" – In honor of International Day of Happiness, Live Happy brought together an expert panel of the leading scientists, educators, historians, and philosophers to share their combined wisdom on happiness including: how to create more of it, the main factors that influence it, and what each person can do to make society a happier place. While they don't always agree, as they are from such vast backgrounds and experience, there are at least two points on which they are unanimous: while money can buy happiness, to an extent it's not enough, and boosting happiness is more important than ever, both for individuals and societies.
- "History Teacher" – In an exclusive interview with Live Happy, Dr. Maya Angelou, one of the most celebrated voices of our time, discusses her most treasured role as a teacher and the fact that you must "teach what you learn." She also shares what she believes is the secret to becoming a better version of oneself.
- "Clued-In" – Alicia Silverstone, actress and author of The Kind Diet, wants to change the world and believes the answer is through moms. She discusses her new book, The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning (April 15, 2014), and her philosophy on joy and acceptance, and also shares a favorite sweet recipe. Ambitious as ever, Silverstone notes, "I'm going to set the record straight and show you that getting knocked-up, without drama, and having a super-healthy, super-satisfying, soul-quenching pregnancy, birth and mama-hood is a totally attainable reality."
- "Happy Trails" – Adam Shell and Nicholas Kraft, the filmmakers behind recent documentary Finding Kraftland, embark on a mission to find the happiest people in America through their new film, Pursuing Happiness. "I wanted to see if I could actually spread more happiness and inspire people to think about their own happiness," says Shell. In this documentary, the duo speaks with psychologists, researchers, and theologians to uncover and share as much as they can about happiness.
- "Successfully Navigating Career Changes" – Feeling under-challenged, restless, or bored at work? This article discusses six steps anyone can use to make a career transition or change. Often a stressful and angst-ridden situation, unhappiness in one's career can easily be diffused with simple tips such as getting specific about the change one wants, determine what's in it for others as well as for oneself, and simplest of all – do it!
- "The New Definition of Happiness" – Live Happy columnists Shawn Achor and Michelle Gielan discuss why defining happiness is the key to sustaining it. They note how through their travels they realized that while the triggers of short term happiness varied across cultures, there are four universal qualities that sustain long term happiness: optimism, social connections, stress perception, and meaning.
- "The Dynamic Communicator" – Live Happy columnist Stacy Kaiser shares her win/win method for effective communication, which can empower people with skills for greater happiness and success. Dynamic communicators are more thoughtful, have little conflict in their life, and get more of what they want out of every situation and relationship they are part of. Kaiser shares her tips for how anyone can become a dynamic communicator, which start with recognizing the tone of communication, learning to respond consciously, and listening to one's logical and rationale side.
In its mission to make 2014 the "year of happiness," Live Happy is launching world happiness by joining with the UN to celebrate the International Day of Happiness on March 20, 2014. To learn more about how to be involved with Live Happy's Acts of Happiness campaign and to pledge and post #happyacts both in local cities and online, visit actsofhappiness.org.
About Live Happy
Live Happy LLC, owned by veteran entrepreneur Jeff Olson, is a company dedicated to promoting and sharing authentic happiness through education, integrity, gratitude, and community awareness. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, its mission is to impact the world by bringing the happiness movement to a personal level and inspiring people to engage in living purpose-driven, healthy, meaningful lives. For more information, please visit livehappy.com.
SOURCE Live Happy LLC
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,000
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 26, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,881
May. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,651
May. 26, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,817
May. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,271
May. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,682
May. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,114
May. 26, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,625
May. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,405
May. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,933
May. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,461
May. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,984
May. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,843
May. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,081
May. 26, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,915