|By PR Newswire||
|March 4, 2014 05:25 PM EST||
LOS ANGELES, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Crystal Cruises is expanding its 2014 You Care, We Care voluntourism program, continuing its commitment to give back to its global cruise destinations. Via three new complimentary shoreside aid opportunities, guests and crew aboard Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity can help animals, the environment, and orphans in the Channel Islands, Iceland, and Ghana:
- Guernsey Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, St. Peter Port, United Kingdom -- Support operations, whether it be mucking out the horse stalls or simply walking rescue dogs. (Available with August 1, 17 and 31 cruises.)
- Heidmork Nature Reserve, Reykjavic, Iceland -- With guidance from a local forestologist, aid conservation efforts by planting trees to protect the volcanic land from erosion. (Available with June 1, 6 and 13 cruises.)
- Father's Home Care Ministries, Takoradi, Ghana -- Help construct a building or clean the playground at a home and guidance center for vulnerable, neglected and disadvantaged children. (Available with a March 28 cruise.)
"You Care, We Care harnesses our guests and crew's spirit of generosity and connects them with people and lands in more intimate and unusual ways," says John Stoll, vice president of land programs. "New volunteer excursions allow our Crystal family to extend continued goodwill to new places, while revisiting organizations multiple times during a season or over years helps us build even stronger bonds with those communities."
Via dozens of You Care, We Care excursions, Crystal volunteers will be providing assistance to more than 15 communities in 2014, aiding:
- Animal rescue organizations in Barcelona and Bergen
- Park conservation efforts in Honolulu and near Belfast
- Disadvantaged youths in/near Boston, Singapore, Sihanoukville, and Durban, South Africa
- Disabled and underprivileged adults in Halifax, Livorno, Tallinn, and Valencia
Crystal's You Care, We Care program was launched in 2011, with at least one volunteer excursion planned for every cruise. Crystal covers all logistical arrangements and costs for participation.
A cornerstone of Crystal Cruises' culture is its genuine hospitality and service that has been internationally celebrated for two decades. This spirit of generosity extends to its respectful treatment of the environment, oceans and communities in which it travels.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, [email protected]
SOURCE Crystal Cruises
Aug. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 199
Aug. 31, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 231
Aug. 31, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,526
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,615
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 272
Aug. 31, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 187
Aug. 31, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 273
Aug. 31, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 875
Aug. 31, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,842
Aug. 31, 2016 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 237
Aug. 31, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 976
Aug. 31, 2016 04:12 PM EDT Reads: 248
Aug. 31, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,130
Aug. 31, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 325
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 794