|By PR Newswire||
|March 5, 2014 04:08 PM EST||
NEW YORK, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced today that five lawyers based in the Firm's offices around the world have been elected to the Firm's partnership, which became effective on March 1:
- Tobias Caspary is a member of the Antitrust and Competition team, residing in London. His practice focuses on European, UK, and German competition law as well as trade regulatory matters. Prior to joining Fried Frank, Dr. Caspary practiced competition law for several years at another major international law firm in Brussels. He completed his First State Law Exam at the University of Trier in 2000 and his Second State Law Exam at the State of Rhineland-Palatine in 2005. He also received his Doctor of Laws (Dr. iur.) at the University of Trier in 2005 and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003. Dr. Caspary is licensed to practice law as a Rechtsanwalt (Frankfurt am Main, Germany) and as a solicitor (England and Wales).
- Randy C. Eisensmith is a member of the Litigation team, residing in New York. His practice is concentrated in the field of intellectual property, including patent and trademark litigation, pre-litigation counseling, patent prosecution, and the drafting of patent opinions. He received his JD, cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law in 2005; his PhD in pharmacology from The University of Chicago in 1988; and his AB in chemistry (with honors) from The University of Chicago in 1980. Dr. Eisensmith is admitted to the bar in New York and is admitted to practice before numerous courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Jons F. Lehmann is a member of the Corporate team, residing in London. He represents clients on a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged acquisition finance, structured finance, investment grade finance, syndicated lending, and other complex financing and restructuring transactions. Mr. Lehmann received his LPC from BPP Law School in 2000, his LLM from the London School of Economics Department of Law in 1998, and his LLB from King's College London in 1997. He is licensed to practice law in England and Wales.
- Alfred Wu is a member of the Litigation team, residing in Hong Kong. He handles a range of general commercial litigation and arbitration matters encompassing corporate finance, M&A, funds, joint ventures, insolvency, restructuring, property, employment and shareholder disputes. Mr. Wu received his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1995, his M.Sc. from Queen's University in 1989, and his B.Sc. from the University of Manchester in 1987. He is licensed to practice law in Canada, England and Wales, and Hong Kong
- Rebecca N. Zelenka is a member of the Corporate team, residing in Washington, DC. Her practice focuses on asset management work, concentrating on the structuring and offering of domestic and international private equity funds and other alternative investment funds. She received her JD from the University of Chicago School of Law in 2004 and her BS from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2001. Ms. Zelenka is admitted to the bar in the District of Columbia, New York and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition, the following individuals have been promoted to special counsel, effective on March 1:
- Michael J. Anstett, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- Alexis R. Kremen, a member of the Real Estate team resident in New York
- Laurinda Martins, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- David M. McDonald, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Nina Siewert, a member of the Tax team resident in Frankfurt
- Thorsten H. Stuecklin, a member of the Corporate team resident in Frankfurt
- Jan Sysel, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Jennifer Wollenberg, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- David Zilberberg, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
In a joint statement, David Greenwald and Valerie Ford Jacob, Co-Chairs of Fried Frank, said: "We congratulate each of the new partners and special counsel for demonstrating the level of expertise and leadership required to achieve these important career milestones. We look forward to leveraging their many talents to benefit Fried Frank's clients around the globe."
About Fried Frank
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP is a leading international law firm with offices in New York; Washington, DC; London; Paris; Frankfurt; Hong Kong; and Shanghai. Approximately 450 Fried Frank lawyers regularly serve the world's leading corporations and financial institutions with regard to their most critical legal needs and business opportunities. More information can be found at www.friedfrank.com.
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,093
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,559
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 6,507
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,783
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, explored HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,526
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 928
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 26, 2017 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,720
SYS-CON Events announced today that Conference Guru has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. A valuable conference experience generates new contacts, sales leads, potential strategic partners and potential investors; helps gather competitive intelligence and even provides inspiration for new products and services. Conference Guru works with conference organizers to pass great dea...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 4,345
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Mar. 26, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,370
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,814
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,490
SYS-CON Events announced today that Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,110
Deep learning has been very successful in social sciences and specially areas where there is a lot of data. Trading is another field that can be viewed as social science with a lot of data. With the advent of Deep Learning and Big Data technologies for efficient computation, we are finally able to use the same methods in investment management as we would in face recognition or in making chat-bots. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Gaurav Chakravorty, co-founder and Head of Strategy Development ...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,550
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,894
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,281