|By PR Newswire||
|March 5, 2014 04:08 PM EST||
NEW YORK, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced today that five lawyers based in the Firm's offices around the world have been elected to the Firm's partnership, which became effective on March 1:
- Tobias Caspary is a member of the Antitrust and Competition team, residing in London. His practice focuses on European, UK, and German competition law as well as trade regulatory matters. Prior to joining Fried Frank, Dr. Caspary practiced competition law for several years at another major international law firm in Brussels. He completed his First State Law Exam at the University of Trier in 2000 and his Second State Law Exam at the State of Rhineland-Palatine in 2005. He also received his Doctor of Laws (Dr. iur.) at the University of Trier in 2005 and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003. Dr. Caspary is licensed to practice law as a Rechtsanwalt (Frankfurt am Main, Germany) and as a solicitor (England and Wales).
- Randy C. Eisensmith is a member of the Litigation team, residing in New York. His practice is concentrated in the field of intellectual property, including patent and trademark litigation, pre-litigation counseling, patent prosecution, and the drafting of patent opinions. He received his JD, cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law in 2005; his PhD in pharmacology from The University of Chicago in 1988; and his AB in chemistry (with honors) from The University of Chicago in 1980. Dr. Eisensmith is admitted to the bar in New York and is admitted to practice before numerous courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Jons F. Lehmann is a member of the Corporate team, residing in London. He represents clients on a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged acquisition finance, structured finance, investment grade finance, syndicated lending, and other complex financing and restructuring transactions. Mr. Lehmann received his LPC from BPP Law School in 2000, his LLM from the London School of Economics Department of Law in 1998, and his LLB from King's College London in 1997. He is licensed to practice law in England and Wales.
- Alfred Wu is a member of the Litigation team, residing in Hong Kong. He handles a range of general commercial litigation and arbitration matters encompassing corporate finance, M&A, funds, joint ventures, insolvency, restructuring, property, employment and shareholder disputes. Mr. Wu received his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1995, his M.Sc. from Queen's University in 1989, and his B.Sc. from the University of Manchester in 1987. He is licensed to practice law in Canada, England and Wales, and Hong Kong
- Rebecca N. Zelenka is a member of the Corporate team, residing in Washington, DC. Her practice focuses on asset management work, concentrating on the structuring and offering of domestic and international private equity funds and other alternative investment funds. She received her JD from the University of Chicago School of Law in 2004 and her BS from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2001. Ms. Zelenka is admitted to the bar in the District of Columbia, New York and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition, the following individuals have been promoted to special counsel, effective on March 1:
- Michael J. Anstett, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- Alexis R. Kremen, a member of the Real Estate team resident in New York
- Laurinda Martins, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- David M. McDonald, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Nina Siewert, a member of the Tax team resident in Frankfurt
- Thorsten H. Stuecklin, a member of the Corporate team resident in Frankfurt
- Jan Sysel, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Jennifer Wollenberg, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- David Zilberberg, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
In a joint statement, David Greenwald and Valerie Ford Jacob, Co-Chairs of Fried Frank, said: "We congratulate each of the new partners and special counsel for demonstrating the level of expertise and leadership required to achieve these important career milestones. We look forward to leveraging their many talents to benefit Fried Frank's clients around the globe."
About Fried Frank
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP is a leading international law firm with offices in New York; Washington, DC; London; Paris; Frankfurt; Hong Kong; and Shanghai. Approximately 450 Fried Frank lawyers regularly serve the world's leading corporations and financial institutions with regard to their most critical legal needs and business opportunities. More information can be found at www.friedfrank.com.
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,764
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,175
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,377
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,353
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,221
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,204
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,261
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,518
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and deve...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,615
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,187
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 631
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,452
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,840
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,085
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 9,808