|By PR Newswire||
|March 5, 2014 04:08 PM EST||
NEW YORK, March 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP announced today that five lawyers based in the Firm's offices around the world have been elected to the Firm's partnership, which became effective on March 1:
- Tobias Caspary is a member of the Antitrust and Competition team, residing in London. His practice focuses on European, UK, and German competition law as well as trade regulatory matters. Prior to joining Fried Frank, Dr. Caspary practiced competition law for several years at another major international law firm in Brussels. He completed his First State Law Exam at the University of Trier in 2000 and his Second State Law Exam at the State of Rhineland-Palatine in 2005. He also received his Doctor of Laws (Dr. iur.) at the University of Trier in 2005 and a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Texas School of Law in 2003. Dr. Caspary is licensed to practice law as a Rechtsanwalt (Frankfurt am Main, Germany) and as a solicitor (England and Wales).
- Randy C. Eisensmith is a member of the Litigation team, residing in New York. His practice is concentrated in the field of intellectual property, including patent and trademark litigation, pre-litigation counseling, patent prosecution, and the drafting of patent opinions. He received his JD, cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law in 2005; his PhD in pharmacology from The University of Chicago in 1988; and his AB in chemistry (with honors) from The University of Chicago in 1980. Dr. Eisensmith is admitted to the bar in New York and is admitted to practice before numerous courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Jons F. Lehmann is a member of the Corporate team, residing in London. He represents clients on a wide range of financing transactions, including leveraged acquisition finance, structured finance, investment grade finance, syndicated lending, and other complex financing and restructuring transactions. Mr. Lehmann received his LPC from BPP Law School in 2000, his LLM from the London School of Economics Department of Law in 1998, and his LLB from King's College London in 1997. He is licensed to practice law in England and Wales.
- Alfred Wu is a member of the Litigation team, residing in Hong Kong. He handles a range of general commercial litigation and arbitration matters encompassing corporate finance, M&A, funds, joint ventures, insolvency, restructuring, property, employment and shareholder disputes. Mr. Wu received his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1995, his M.Sc. from Queen's University in 1989, and his B.Sc. from the University of Manchester in 1987. He is licensed to practice law in Canada, England and Wales, and Hong Kong
- Rebecca N. Zelenka is a member of the Corporate team, residing in Washington, DC. Her practice focuses on asset management work, concentrating on the structuring and offering of domestic and international private equity funds and other alternative investment funds. She received her JD from the University of Chicago School of Law in 2004 and her BS from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2001. Ms. Zelenka is admitted to the bar in the District of Columbia, New York and the US Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition, the following individuals have been promoted to special counsel, effective on March 1:
- Michael J. Anstett, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- Alexis R. Kremen, a member of the Real Estate team resident in New York
- Laurinda Martins, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- David M. McDonald, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Nina Siewert, a member of the Tax team resident in Frankfurt
- Thorsten H. Stuecklin, a member of the Corporate team resident in Frankfurt
- Jan Sysel, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
- Jennifer Wollenberg, a member of the Litigation team resident in Washington, DC
- David Zilberberg, a member of the Corporate team resident in New York
In a joint statement, David Greenwald and Valerie Ford Jacob, Co-Chairs of Fried Frank, said: "We congratulate each of the new partners and special counsel for demonstrating the level of expertise and leadership required to achieve these important career milestones. We look forward to leveraging their many talents to benefit Fried Frank's clients around the globe."
About Fried Frank
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP is a leading international law firm with offices in New York; Washington, DC; London; Paris; Frankfurt; Hong Kong; and Shanghai. Approximately 450 Fried Frank lawyers regularly serve the world's leading corporations and financial institutions with regard to their most critical legal needs and business opportunities. More information can be found at www.friedfrank.com.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 26, 2017 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,037
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,119
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,272
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 26, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,056
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,216
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 26, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 450
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 493
Data is an unusual currency; it is not restricted by the same transactional limitations as money or people. In fact, the more that you leverage your data across multiple business use cases, the more valuable it becomes to the organization. And the same can be said about the organization’s analytics. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bill Schmarzo, CTO for the Big Data Practice at Dell EMC, introduced a methodology for capturing, enriching and sharing data (and analytics) across the organization...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,600
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 26, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,460
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 26, 2017 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,014
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Apr. 26, 2017 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,447
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Apr. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,316
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Apr. 26, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,979
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 26, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,327
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 26, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,010