|By PR Newswire||
|March 7, 2014 12:27 PM EST||
DUBLIN, Mar. 07, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c28rcp/battlefield) has announced the addition of the "Battlefield Management Systems Market - Forecast & Analysis 2014 - 2019" report to their offering.
BMS is a rules-based expert system providing commanders with a more comprehensive view of the battlefield in terms of situational awareness, target analysis, and automated recommendations for target engagement. The global battlefield management systems market is estimated to be $10.36 billion in 2014, and is expected to register a CAGR of 4.0% to reach $12.6 billion by 2019.
The main purpose of a BMS is to ensure the survivability of the troops in a battlefield with real-time tactical information. The wide range of threats that are currently present is a driving factor for BMSs. The threat of all these entities forced nations to acquire or develop a suitable battlefield management system. With the onset of austerity related to depreciated defense expenditure of developed economies of the world, the top-players of the sector are facing severe concerns for having to pull-out from upcoming BMS projects.
The land platform makes use of the BMS most, in comparison to the other two platforms. The land based BMSs comprise 80.33% while the airborne and naval based BMS comprise of the remaining 19.67% of the total battlefield management systems market share. The market will see tremendous growth in the BMS applications; force modernization, and armored vehicles procurements will see a high-rise with major developments.
Though U.S. and the U.K. have been the largest markets for battlefield management systems, however the recent economic scenario has seen defense budget cuts in these markets. Emerging economies like Saudi-Arabia and India look more attractive. Key markets like Republic of Korea and Australia can drive the growth of the market. China remains a tough market to crack with strict government regulations in the defense sector, indigenous programs and copyright issues with respect to military hardware, and technology.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
4 Market Dynamics
5 Regional Analysis
6 Country Analysis
7 Market Opportunity Analysis
8 Competitive Landscape
9 Company Profiles
- Bae Systems
- Cobham Plc
- General Dynamics
- Harris Corporation
- L-3 Communications Corporation
- Lockheed Martin
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Rockwell Collins
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c28rcp/battlefield
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Jul. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 938
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 890
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 647
Jul. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,210
Jul. 1, 2015 11:10 AM EDT Reads: 271
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 893
Jul. 1, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 352
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 723
Jul. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,086
Jul. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,910
Jul. 1, 2015 09:32 AM EDT Reads: 386
Jul. 1, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 756
Jul. 1, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,117
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. ...
Jul. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 808
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies drivi...
Jul. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 810