|By PR Newswire||
|March 7, 2014 04:48 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, March 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The African Union High-Level Implementation Panel (AUHIP) announcement that it suspended its mediation to end the conflict in Sudan's Two Areas of South Kordofan and Blue Nile and refer the matter back to its mandating principle, the AUPSC due to the considerable gap in the positions of the two, is regrettable considering the exerted efforts and high expectations in Sudan and worldwide that the time is just right to end the suffering of our people in the Two Areas. The following facts will explain why the fourth round of negotiations were adjourned without reaching any tangible progress.
- On September 17th 2012 AUHIP issued a proposal, in accordance with the UN resolution 2046 and AUPSC specifying the framework needed for resolving the problem over the Two Areas through negotiations.
- The negotiations collapsed in its first session due to the fact SPLM-N insisted to deviate from the agenda of the negotiations stated by the AUHIP, UNSC and UN resolution 2046 by demanding the inclusion of some other issues in a process destined to resolve the conflict in South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
- The African Mediation led by H.E Thabo Mbeki presented a proposal to the two parties (The Government of Sudan and SPLM-N) calling for the necessity to sit down again and handed the parties a draft framework agreement to be signed after consultations with their respective principles
- The government reviewed the proposal and responded positively while the SPLM-N rejected the proposals claiming that it favors the government and doesn't meet their demand and presented a proposal completely different than the mediation's one, as the AUHIP itself stated that proposal demanded a two-year transitional government, keeping its forces, holding a national constitutional conference, and including Darfur regions in the negotiations.
- On Jan. 27, 2014 The Government of Sudan called for a comprehensive inclusive national dialogue to redraft the constitution- process that would include both armed and non-armed opposition groups- and that would address issues of peace, economic development, political reform and Sudanese identity. If SPLM-N is serious about the national agenda they should join that process in Khartoum.
- In a press statement issued Mar. 2nd 2014 AUHIP stated the following regarding SPLM-N proposal: "the SPLM-N presented a fundamentally different proposal, which rendered an agreement unattainable. The Panel is of the view that as matters stand, it is impossible to bridge the chasm between the Parties and will therefore refer the matter back to its mandating principal, the AUPSC, for further guidance"
- The above mentioned statement clearly indicate who is responsible for the failure of the talk, though it stops short of holding SPLM-N responsible.
- By referring the matter back to AUPSC Sudan have full confidence that the African leaders understand and appreciate its position and have enough wisdom to push for what is right
Sudan reiterates its total commitment to the terms of references of the issue and its full respect to the AUHIP and its absolute readiness to continue the negotiations to achieve a comprehensive solution for the issue of the two areas based on the AUHIP proposal of 17 September 2012 and in accordance with resolution of the UN and AUPSC.
Contact: Embassy of Sudan Press and Information Office, phone: +1-202-338-8565, or fax: +1-202-667-2406
SOURCE Embassy of the Republic of the Sudan
Scott Guthrie's keynote presentation "Journey to the intelligent cloud" is a must view video. This is from AzureCon 2015, September 29, 2015 I have reproduced some screen shots in case you are unable to view this long video for one reason or another. One of the highlights is 3 datacenters coming on line in India.
Oct. 6, 2015 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 163
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Oct. 6, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 252
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief Architect at CTS, will explore the synergy of Big Data and IoT. First he will take a closer look at the Internet of Things and Big Data individually, in terms of what, which, why, where, when, who, how and how much. Then he will explore the relationship between IoT and Big Data. Specifically, he will drill down to how the 4Vs aspects intersect with IoT: Volume, Variety, Velocity and Value. In turn, Tony will analyze how the key components of IoT ...
Oct. 6, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 248
Data loss happens, even in the cloud. In fact, if your company has adopted a cloud application in the past three years, data loss has probably happened, whether you know it or not. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bryan Forrester, Senior Vice President of Sales at eFolder, will present how common and costly cloud application data loss is and what measures you can take to protect your organization from data loss.
Oct. 6, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 475
According to Forrester, public cloud platforms are evolving, blurring the lines between Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) in order to satisfy the needs of enterprises and widen their appeal to developers. In The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q4 2014, Forrester evaluates the 16 most significant Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms and details how each vendor fulfills the 19 evaluation criteria points.
Oct. 6, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 791
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, foc...
Oct. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 407
Recently announced Azure Data Lake addresses the big data 3V challenges; volume, velocity and variety. It is one more storage feature in addition to blobs and SQL Azure database. Azure Data Lake (should have been Azure Data Ocean IMHO) is really omnipotent. Just look at the key capabilities of Azure Data Lake:
Oct. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 158
The cloud has reached mainstream IT. Those 18.7 million data centers out there (server closets to corporate data centers to colocation deployments) are moving to the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Achim Weiss, CEO & co-founder of ProfitBricks, will share how two companies – one in the U.S. and one in Germany – are achieving their goals with cloud infrastructure. More than a case study, he will share the details of how they prioritized their cloud computing infrastructure deployments ...
Oct. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 669
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 354
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 422
Decisions about budgets and resources are often made without IT even having a seat at the table. As technologist we understand the value of DevOps - but do your business counterparts? If they don't, your DevOps initiatives could lose funding before they start. In her session at DevOps Summit, Jeanne Morain, Strategist / Author at iSpeak Cloud, LLC, will provide insights on how to bridge the gap between business and technology leaders. Attendees will learn prescriptive guidance on balancing wor...
Oct. 6, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 564
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Oct. 5, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 200
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Oct. 5, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 765
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 5, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 608
Today, we are in the middle of a paradigm shift as we move from managing applications on VMs and containers to embracing everything that the cloud and XaaS (Everything as a Service) has to offer. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hoffman, Advisory Solutions Architect at Pivotal Cloud Foundry, will provide an overview of 12-factor apps and migrating enterprise apps to the cloud. Kevin Hoffman is an Advisory Solutions Architect for Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and has spent the past 20 years b...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 691