|By PR Newswire||
|March 7, 2014 04:48 PM EST||
WASHINGTON, March 7, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The African Union High-Level Implementation Panel (AUHIP) announcement that it suspended its mediation to end the conflict in Sudan's Two Areas of South Kordofan and Blue Nile and refer the matter back to its mandating principle, the AUPSC due to the considerable gap in the positions of the two, is regrettable considering the exerted efforts and high expectations in Sudan and worldwide that the time is just right to end the suffering of our people in the Two Areas. The following facts will explain why the fourth round of negotiations were adjourned without reaching any tangible progress.
- On September 17th 2012 AUHIP issued a proposal, in accordance with the UN resolution 2046 and AUPSC specifying the framework needed for resolving the problem over the Two Areas through negotiations.
- The negotiations collapsed in its first session due to the fact SPLM-N insisted to deviate from the agenda of the negotiations stated by the AUHIP, UNSC and UN resolution 2046 by demanding the inclusion of some other issues in a process destined to resolve the conflict in South Kordofan and Blue Nile.
- The African Mediation led by H.E Thabo Mbeki presented a proposal to the two parties (The Government of Sudan and SPLM-N) calling for the necessity to sit down again and handed the parties a draft framework agreement to be signed after consultations with their respective principles
- The government reviewed the proposal and responded positively while the SPLM-N rejected the proposals claiming that it favors the government and doesn't meet their demand and presented a proposal completely different than the mediation's one, as the AUHIP itself stated that proposal demanded a two-year transitional government, keeping its forces, holding a national constitutional conference, and including Darfur regions in the negotiations.
- On Jan. 27, 2014 The Government of Sudan called for a comprehensive inclusive national dialogue to redraft the constitution- process that would include both armed and non-armed opposition groups- and that would address issues of peace, economic development, political reform and Sudanese identity. If SPLM-N is serious about the national agenda they should join that process in Khartoum.
- In a press statement issued Mar. 2nd 2014 AUHIP stated the following regarding SPLM-N proposal: "the SPLM-N presented a fundamentally different proposal, which rendered an agreement unattainable. The Panel is of the view that as matters stand, it is impossible to bridge the chasm between the Parties and will therefore refer the matter back to its mandating principal, the AUPSC, for further guidance"
- The above mentioned statement clearly indicate who is responsible for the failure of the talk, though it stops short of holding SPLM-N responsible.
- By referring the matter back to AUPSC Sudan have full confidence that the African leaders understand and appreciate its position and have enough wisdom to push for what is right
Sudan reiterates its total commitment to the terms of references of the issue and its full respect to the AUHIP and its absolute readiness to continue the negotiations to achieve a comprehensive solution for the issue of the two areas based on the AUHIP proposal of 17 September 2012 and in accordance with resolution of the UN and AUPSC.
Contact: Embassy of Sudan Press and Information Office, phone: +1-202-338-8565, or fax: +1-202-667-2406
SOURCE Embassy of the Republic of the Sudan
Every successful software product evolves from an idea to an enterprise system. Notably, the same way is passed by the product owner's company. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Oleg Lola, CEO of MobiDev, will provide a generalized overview of the evolution of a software product, the product owner, the needs that arise at various stages of this process, and the value brought by a software development partner to the product owner as a response to these needs.
Jan. 16, 2017 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,058
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 16, 2017 05:15 AM EST Reads: 1,484
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, introduced the technologies required for implementing these idea...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:30 AM EST Reads: 4,465
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,685
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jan. 16, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 5,242
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develop...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 5,203
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:30 AM EST Reads: 2,825
While not quite mainstream yet, WebRTC is starting to gain ground with Carriers, Enterprises and Independent Software Vendors (ISV’s) alike. WebRTC makes it easy for developers to add audio and video communications into their applications by using Web browsers as their platform. But like any market, every customer engagement has unique requirements, as well as constraints. And of course, one size does not fit all. In her session at WebRTC Summit, Dr. Natasha Tamaskar, Vice President, Head of C...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:15 AM EST Reads: 5,710
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,359
The idea behind this session is my blog post - 5 Logstash Alternatives - which is unfortunately too short to do the presented log shippers justice. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Radu Gheorghe, Software Engineer at Sematext Group, will talk more about the things that matter: kinds of buffers, protocols, ways of parsing, correlating and de-duplicating messages, as well as supported inputs and outputs. And of course performance. All this should let you know which log shipper...
Jan. 16, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,180
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 16, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 3,894
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 6,131
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,648
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 16, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 4,143
"Splunk basically takes machine data and we make it usable, valuable and accessible for everyone. The way that plays in DevOps is - we need to make data-driven decisions to delivering applications," explained Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk and @DevOpsSummit Conference Chair, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 16, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 1,910