|By PR Newswire||
|March 10, 2014 06:17 AM EDT||
HANOVER, Germany, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's digitally empowered customers demand higher-quality interactions from the companies with which they do business. As a result, businesses need to understand their customers more deeply and engage with them to build lasting relationships. To help companies better build these relationships, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced enhancements to cloud solutions for customer engagement, including new capabilities for sales, service and marketing that help employees deliver better customer experiences through richer insight and flawless execution of business processes across departments. The announcement was made at CeBIT 2014, being held March 10–14 in Hanover, Germany.
Facilitating more personal customer interactions, the latest updates to cloud solutions for customer engagement from SAP include:
Better Deals, Faster
- Expanded predictive analytics: Leveraging the game-changing speed of the SAP HANA® Cloud Platform, the solutions now deliver next-generation predictive analytics available on any device, which help sales and marketing people engage the right set of influencers to win customers, easily identify new business and effectively secure leads.
- Improved customer insight: A new dashboard provides visibility into top leads and marketing funds, helping marketing executives improve the execution of their campaigns by providing visibility into top leads and marketing funds. Account fact sheets are now automatically produced in PDF format to keep sales professionals better informed about their accounts.
- Less wasted time: The new "influencer map" allows users to easily identify people who influence a decision-maker when closing a deal, so they can target the right people at the right time. Additionally, with the "deal finder," sales people can use topics to filter leads and quickly zero in on the best ones. Improved visualization of sales opportunities and dashboard enhancements that include the ability to incorporate analytics from other SAP and external applications also help sales people optimize their time.
Even More Mobile
- Richer offline functionality: Mobile users gain even more power to work anywhere, anytime with the power to create, read and update records offline.
- More devices: To deliver a consistently great user experience across devices, HTML5 is now the underlying user interface technology, offering better support for tablets and handheld devices where no native application is available.
- Support for high-tech and retail companies: New features allow semiconductor and component manufacturers to collaborate with their channel partners and automate the design registration life cycle, helping to maximize channel revenue and increase design wins. Enhancements to the cloud version of SAP® Retail Execution help improve the effectiveness of sales teams with visit summaries, notifications on visits, next-visit scheduling prompts and auto assignment of task and surveys.
More End-to-End Business Processes
- Expanded integration: Additional prepackaged integrations, called integration flows, connect the entire family of cloud solutions for customer engagement to the SAP® ERP and SAP® Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) applications, offering sales teams comprehensive data and business processes, including e-commerce information. Integration supports no-hassle access to back-office insight, from products and pricing to quotes and sales orders. New integration flows have also been introduced to facilitate quick integration with SuccessFactors Employee Central, enabling easy access to employee records.
Easy Application Administration
- Reduced operational costs: New configuration tools and improvements to the creation, management and rollout of application customizations allow administrators to limit time spent on system administration and focus on helping sales teams successfully leverage the solution.
"The rules of customer engagement have changed," said Jamie Anderson, vice president, Solution Marketing, Customer Line of Business, SAP. "The customer is now in charge of the relationship and it is up to smart companies to find new ways to engage them. Businesses today are looking for ways to move 'beyond CRM' and into the realm of true customer engagement. Today's updates respond to the need for richer customer engagement regardless of department, location or interaction channel, making SAP Cloud a top choice for companies in any industry looking to create lasting connections with their customers."
Cloud solutions for customer engagement from SAP comprise a portfolio of cloud-based CRM solutions designed for marketing, sales and service organizations, including SAP® Cloud for Sales, SAP® Cloud for Service and SAP® Cloud for Social Engagement solutions, as well as the SAP® Social Media Analytics application by NetBase.
Andrea Meyer, +1 (415) 370-7329, [email protected], PST
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
SOURCE SAP AG
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,011
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, discussed recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model for ...
Dec. 9, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 688
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,135
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,760
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,364
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lead...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 467
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,884
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,460
"MathFreeOn.com is a line coding platform for engineers and scientists. When they want to solve an engineering problem and they have to use software - they have to pay a lot of money for licenses - but with MathFreeOn you don't have to pay a lot of money. Just go to our site and write the code and you can check the result right away," explained Simon Lee, CMO of MathFreeOn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Cla...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 398
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,066
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,863
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,298
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 597
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,238
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 984