|By PR Newswire||
|March 10, 2014 06:17 AM EDT||
HANOVER, Germany, March 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's digitally empowered customers demand higher-quality interactions from the companies with which they do business. As a result, businesses need to understand their customers more deeply and engage with them to build lasting relationships. To help companies better build these relationships, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced enhancements to cloud solutions for customer engagement, including new capabilities for sales, service and marketing that help employees deliver better customer experiences through richer insight and flawless execution of business processes across departments. The announcement was made at CeBIT 2014, being held March 10–14 in Hanover, Germany.
Facilitating more personal customer interactions, the latest updates to cloud solutions for customer engagement from SAP include:
Better Deals, Faster
- Expanded predictive analytics: Leveraging the game-changing speed of the SAP HANA® Cloud Platform, the solutions now deliver next-generation predictive analytics available on any device, which help sales and marketing people engage the right set of influencers to win customers, easily identify new business and effectively secure leads.
- Improved customer insight: A new dashboard provides visibility into top leads and marketing funds, helping marketing executives improve the execution of their campaigns by providing visibility into top leads and marketing funds. Account fact sheets are now automatically produced in PDF format to keep sales professionals better informed about their accounts.
- Less wasted time: The new "influencer map" allows users to easily identify people who influence a decision-maker when closing a deal, so they can target the right people at the right time. Additionally, with the "deal finder," sales people can use topics to filter leads and quickly zero in on the best ones. Improved visualization of sales opportunities and dashboard enhancements that include the ability to incorporate analytics from other SAP and external applications also help sales people optimize their time.
Even More Mobile
- Richer offline functionality: Mobile users gain even more power to work anywhere, anytime with the power to create, read and update records offline.
- More devices: To deliver a consistently great user experience across devices, HTML5 is now the underlying user interface technology, offering better support for tablets and handheld devices where no native application is available.
- Support for high-tech and retail companies: New features allow semiconductor and component manufacturers to collaborate with their channel partners and automate the design registration life cycle, helping to maximize channel revenue and increase design wins. Enhancements to the cloud version of SAP® Retail Execution help improve the effectiveness of sales teams with visit summaries, notifications on visits, next-visit scheduling prompts and auto assignment of task and surveys.
More End-to-End Business Processes
- Expanded integration: Additional prepackaged integrations, called integration flows, connect the entire family of cloud solutions for customer engagement to the SAP® ERP and SAP® Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) applications, offering sales teams comprehensive data and business processes, including e-commerce information. Integration supports no-hassle access to back-office insight, from products and pricing to quotes and sales orders. New integration flows have also been introduced to facilitate quick integration with SuccessFactors Employee Central, enabling easy access to employee records.
Easy Application Administration
- Reduced operational costs: New configuration tools and improvements to the creation, management and rollout of application customizations allow administrators to limit time spent on system administration and focus on helping sales teams successfully leverage the solution.
"The rules of customer engagement have changed," said Jamie Anderson, vice president, Solution Marketing, Customer Line of Business, SAP. "The customer is now in charge of the relationship and it is up to smart companies to find new ways to engage them. Businesses today are looking for ways to move 'beyond CRM' and into the realm of true customer engagement. Today's updates respond to the need for richer customer engagement regardless of department, location or interaction channel, making SAP Cloud a top choice for companies in any industry looking to create lasting connections with their customers."
Cloud solutions for customer engagement from SAP comprise a portfolio of cloud-based CRM solutions designed for marketing, sales and service organizations, including SAP® Cloud for Sales, SAP® Cloud for Service and SAP® Cloud for Social Engagement solutions, as well as the SAP® Social Media Analytics application by NetBase.
Andrea Meyer, +1 (415) 370-7329, [email protected], PST
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should" and "will" and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP's future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including SAP's most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
SOURCE SAP AG
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 266
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,315
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 968
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 27, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 181
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 255
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 305
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 330
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 516
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,331
Sysdig has announced two significant milestones in its mission to bring infrastructure and application monitoring to the world of containers and microservices: a $10.7 million Series A funding led by Accel and Bain Capital Ventures (BCV); and the general availability of Sysdig Cloud, the first monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting platform specializing in container visibility, which is already used by more than 30 enterprise customers. The funding will be used to drive adoption of Sysdig Clo...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 399
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 428
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,222
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 299
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 325