|By Business Wire||
|March 10, 2014 06:31 AM EDT||
LMI’s OpenPolicy™ tool has been selected to compete in the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s Destination Innovation competition, sponsored by The Washington Post. LMI will compete for online votes against seven other companies in the “Government” category on the Capital Business website beginning March 10.
The four companies that receive the most online votes in the category will exhibit and compete during the Destination Innovation event on April 2, 2014, at The Washington Post headquarters.
OpenPolicy™ is LMI’s innovative document search service which provides a solution to a growing problem—massive amounts of data and knowledge locked away within the countless pages of unstructured written prose. If today’s rudimentary search engines and file search tools are able to procure just 20 percent of the knowledge that’s out there, then extracting the remaining 80 percent is a critical requirement for those who need that information. OpenPolicy™, with its groundbreaking use of existing Worldwide Web (W3C) semantic web standards, is the tool for revealing this hidden knowledge, while remaining fast, flexible, and scalable.
Presented by the Northern Virginia Technology Council’s Technology Innovations Committee and Capital Business, the weekly business publication of The Washington Post, Destination Innovation highlights technology advancements emerging from our region through an exhibition, networking, industry speakers, and innovation pitches.
To vote in this year’s Destination Innovation competition, go to http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-business/wp/2014/03/09/help-us-find-greater-washingtons-most-innovative-companies-week-3.
LMI is a government consulting firm committed to helping government leaders and managers reach decisions that make a difference. LMI draws on its 50 years of experience as a pioneer in logistics by applying an unmatched knowledge of people, processes, and assets to a variety of sectors, including defense, intelligence, healthcare, energy and environment, homeland security, and civil government. For more information, please visit www.lmi.org.
Sep. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,848
Sep. 26, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 285
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,133
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,586
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,591
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,717
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,831
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,111
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,619
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,361
Sep. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,029
Sep. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,529
Sep. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,919
Sep. 26, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,559
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,557