|By Business Wire||
|March 11, 2014 04:55 PM EDT||
Brightree, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, billing and business management software solutions for the post-acute care industry, today unveiled at Medtrade Spring in Las Vegas, Nev., its new brand, reflecting the organization’s broadening investment in technology and services across the post-acute care sector of healthcare. Traditionally known for its leadership position in the Home Medical Equipment/Durable Medical Equipment (HME/DME) market, Brightree is extending its investments in hospice, home health and infusion solutions, as well as in surrounding services – such as patient and private payments, revenue cycle management (RCM), portal-based ordering systems and referral acceleration and management relationships – to enable HME/DME businesses to expand and diversify their revenue streams and to attract new customers in other post-acute care disciplines into the Brightree community.
“Brightree customers are forward-thinking leaders who want to grow and diversify in this time of escalating change in healthcare,” said Dave Cormack, CEO of Brightree. “Our new brand emphasizes the bright future we envision enabling our customers to create as we make the right strategic investments to simplify and accelerate the flow of information, documents, work streams, resources and payments among patients, providers and payers – whether government, commercial, private or patients – across the healthcare continuum.”
Added Cormack, “Over the next four years we plan to invest more than $80 million in realizing this vision so that our customers can not only overcome revenue pressures brought about by changes such as competitive bidding, increased audits and expanding regulation, but also to ensure that they can capture a greater share of the opportunities post-acute care presents for radically improving costs and outcomes in our healthcare system.”
Based on data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Brightree estimates the post-acute areas of HME, home infusion, home health, hospice and long-term care will collectively double in spending over 10 years, from about $250 billion in 2013 to more than $500 billion in 2023, even with cost-containment measures in place.
“Our goal is to help Brightree customers capture the greatest share of that growth by equipping them with the broadest array of software, services and professional expertise targeted to their specific needs,” continued Cormack. “Brightree’s 30 percent growth over the last year has put us in a strong position to invest even more in our customers’ success, while continuing to grow aggressively in 2014 and beyond.”
Some initiatives that are part of Brightree’s growth plan include:
- Regulatory investments to keep Brightree customers ahead of reimbursement changes. On Monday, Brightree announced the CMS had acknowledged and accepted 100 percent of Brightree test claims coded to the new ICD-10 standard as part of a national testing program to prepare providers for the October 2014 change. The early acknowledgment validates Brightree’s ICD-10 readiness so customers can be confident they are equipped to handle the new claim submission and reimbursement demands. This investment is just one of many regulatory-based enhancements Brightree is making to keep customers ahead of market changes.
- Revenue Cycle Management. The company is evolving its former Billing Services group to deliver a portfolio of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions that will help customers improve profitability and cash flow from intake to collection. Part of this evolution involves a strategic business relationship with Access Healthcare, a leading provider of business process outsourcing in the healthcare market, to deliver cost-effective, “behind-the-scenes” predictive administrative and workflow management tasks on a broader scale. Brightree’s RCM account managers and analysts will continue to provide direct customer-facing services and support, as well as advise customers on ways to improve and manage cash flow.
- Private and Patient Payments. Private-pay billing and collection solutions delivered through Strategic AR (acquired by Brightree in January 2014) enable providers to engage patients upfront to collect co-payments and retain credit card information on file for re-orders. Integration with the provider’s billing systems of record further automate business processes and reduce the time and effort associated with patient collections.
- Referral Acceleration and Management. Through a new relationship with athenahealth, Brightree’s network of providers now has direct and instant access to referrals from the more than 18,000 physicians using athenaClinicals® and athenaCoordinator®, cloud-based services for electronic health records (EHR), practice management and care coordination.
- ePurchasing Partnerships. The company is investing in strategic relationships with McKesson, ResMed, Independence Medical and other manufacturers and distributors to help customers streamline ordering by accessing electronic purchasing directly through the Brightree system interface.
- Mobile Healthcare. As patient counts grow across post-acute settings, the need to service patients “where they are” through a more diversified workforce that includes both clinical health workers and non-clinical patient care aides is expanding. Add to this the increased regulation and compliance demands being placed on home health and hospice organizations, and the necessity for mobile technology to underlie best practices and protect reimbursements is clear. Brightree plans to release tablet-based mobile solutions to augment its laptop-based mobile solutions for hospice and home health organizations this fall.
Brightree will be exhibiting its application solutions in its Booth #1018 at the Medtrade Spring Conference on March 10-12 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The company also will be presenting a conference session on “How to Get Your Inventory In Shape” on Wednesday, March 12, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. PT.
Brightree is the leading provider of cloud-based software for the post-acute care industry. Our 500 team members serve more than 3,000 companies in the HME, home health, hospice, O&P, HME pharmacy, home infusion and rehab home care segments. Brightree's unique SaaS software solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses. The company is ranked as one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S. on the prestigious Healthcare Informatics 100 (HCI 100) list. For further information, visit www.brightree.com or call 1.888.598.7797.
Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,309
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 6,689
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 27, 2017 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,341
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,984
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 27, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,110
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 27, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,091
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,152
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,081
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 27, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,316
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 27, 2017 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,136
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,128
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,259
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,056
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,236
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,089