|By Business Wire||
|March 11, 2014 04:55 PM EDT||
Brightree, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, billing and business management software solutions for the post-acute care industry, today unveiled at Medtrade Spring in Las Vegas, Nev., its new brand, reflecting the organization’s broadening investment in technology and services across the post-acute care sector of healthcare. Traditionally known for its leadership position in the Home Medical Equipment/Durable Medical Equipment (HME/DME) market, Brightree is extending its investments in hospice, home health and infusion solutions, as well as in surrounding services – such as patient and private payments, revenue cycle management (RCM), portal-based ordering systems and referral acceleration and management relationships – to enable HME/DME businesses to expand and diversify their revenue streams and to attract new customers in other post-acute care disciplines into the Brightree community.
“Brightree customers are forward-thinking leaders who want to grow and diversify in this time of escalating change in healthcare,” said Dave Cormack, CEO of Brightree. “Our new brand emphasizes the bright future we envision enabling our customers to create as we make the right strategic investments to simplify and accelerate the flow of information, documents, work streams, resources and payments among patients, providers and payers – whether government, commercial, private or patients – across the healthcare continuum.”
Added Cormack, “Over the next four years we plan to invest more than $80 million in realizing this vision so that our customers can not only overcome revenue pressures brought about by changes such as competitive bidding, increased audits and expanding regulation, but also to ensure that they can capture a greater share of the opportunities post-acute care presents for radically improving costs and outcomes in our healthcare system.”
Based on data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Brightree estimates the post-acute areas of HME, home infusion, home health, hospice and long-term care will collectively double in spending over 10 years, from about $250 billion in 2013 to more than $500 billion in 2023, even with cost-containment measures in place.
“Our goal is to help Brightree customers capture the greatest share of that growth by equipping them with the broadest array of software, services and professional expertise targeted to their specific needs,” continued Cormack. “Brightree’s 30 percent growth over the last year has put us in a strong position to invest even more in our customers’ success, while continuing to grow aggressively in 2014 and beyond.”
Some initiatives that are part of Brightree’s growth plan include:
- Regulatory investments to keep Brightree customers ahead of reimbursement changes. On Monday, Brightree announced the CMS had acknowledged and accepted 100 percent of Brightree test claims coded to the new ICD-10 standard as part of a national testing program to prepare providers for the October 2014 change. The early acknowledgment validates Brightree’s ICD-10 readiness so customers can be confident they are equipped to handle the new claim submission and reimbursement demands. This investment is just one of many regulatory-based enhancements Brightree is making to keep customers ahead of market changes.
- Revenue Cycle Management. The company is evolving its former Billing Services group to deliver a portfolio of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions that will help customers improve profitability and cash flow from intake to collection. Part of this evolution involves a strategic business relationship with Access Healthcare, a leading provider of business process outsourcing in the healthcare market, to deliver cost-effective, “behind-the-scenes” predictive administrative and workflow management tasks on a broader scale. Brightree’s RCM account managers and analysts will continue to provide direct customer-facing services and support, as well as advise customers on ways to improve and manage cash flow.
- Private and Patient Payments. Private-pay billing and collection solutions delivered through Strategic AR (acquired by Brightree in January 2014) enable providers to engage patients upfront to collect co-payments and retain credit card information on file for re-orders. Integration with the provider’s billing systems of record further automate business processes and reduce the time and effort associated with patient collections.
- Referral Acceleration and Management. Through a new relationship with athenahealth, Brightree’s network of providers now has direct and instant access to referrals from the more than 18,000 physicians using athenaClinicals® and athenaCoordinator®, cloud-based services for electronic health records (EHR), practice management and care coordination.
- ePurchasing Partnerships. The company is investing in strategic relationships with McKesson, ResMed, Independence Medical and other manufacturers and distributors to help customers streamline ordering by accessing electronic purchasing directly through the Brightree system interface.
- Mobile Healthcare. As patient counts grow across post-acute settings, the need to service patients “where they are” through a more diversified workforce that includes both clinical health workers and non-clinical patient care aides is expanding. Add to this the increased regulation and compliance demands being placed on home health and hospice organizations, and the necessity for mobile technology to underlie best practices and protect reimbursements is clear. Brightree plans to release tablet-based mobile solutions to augment its laptop-based mobile solutions for hospice and home health organizations this fall.
Brightree will be exhibiting its application solutions in its Booth #1018 at the Medtrade Spring Conference on March 10-12 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The company also will be presenting a conference session on “How to Get Your Inventory In Shape” on Wednesday, March 12, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. PT.
Brightree is the leading provider of cloud-based software for the post-acute care industry. Our 500 team members serve more than 3,000 companies in the HME, home health, hospice, O&P, HME pharmacy, home infusion and rehab home care segments. Brightree's unique SaaS software solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses. The company is ranked as one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S. on the prestigious Healthcare Informatics 100 (HCI 100) list. For further information, visit www.brightree.com or call 1.888.598.7797.
Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 407
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 165
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 146
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 462
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Nov. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 538
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
Nov. 27, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 535
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EST Reads: 309
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 383
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 396
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 305
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 490
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 27, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 217
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 27, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 288
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 27, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 376
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 27, 2015 07:45 AM EST Reads: 422