|By Business Wire||
|March 11, 2014 04:55 PM EDT||
Brightree, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, billing and business management software solutions for the post-acute care industry, today unveiled at Medtrade Spring in Las Vegas, Nev., its new brand, reflecting the organization’s broadening investment in technology and services across the post-acute care sector of healthcare. Traditionally known for its leadership position in the Home Medical Equipment/Durable Medical Equipment (HME/DME) market, Brightree is extending its investments in hospice, home health and infusion solutions, as well as in surrounding services – such as patient and private payments, revenue cycle management (RCM), portal-based ordering systems and referral acceleration and management relationships – to enable HME/DME businesses to expand and diversify their revenue streams and to attract new customers in other post-acute care disciplines into the Brightree community.
“Brightree customers are forward-thinking leaders who want to grow and diversify in this time of escalating change in healthcare,” said Dave Cormack, CEO of Brightree. “Our new brand emphasizes the bright future we envision enabling our customers to create as we make the right strategic investments to simplify and accelerate the flow of information, documents, work streams, resources and payments among patients, providers and payers – whether government, commercial, private or patients – across the healthcare continuum.”
Added Cormack, “Over the next four years we plan to invest more than $80 million in realizing this vision so that our customers can not only overcome revenue pressures brought about by changes such as competitive bidding, increased audits and expanding regulation, but also to ensure that they can capture a greater share of the opportunities post-acute care presents for radically improving costs and outcomes in our healthcare system.”
Based on data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Brightree estimates the post-acute areas of HME, home infusion, home health, hospice and long-term care will collectively double in spending over 10 years, from about $250 billion in 2013 to more than $500 billion in 2023, even with cost-containment measures in place.
“Our goal is to help Brightree customers capture the greatest share of that growth by equipping them with the broadest array of software, services and professional expertise targeted to their specific needs,” continued Cormack. “Brightree’s 30 percent growth over the last year has put us in a strong position to invest even more in our customers’ success, while continuing to grow aggressively in 2014 and beyond.”
Some initiatives that are part of Brightree’s growth plan include:
- Regulatory investments to keep Brightree customers ahead of reimbursement changes. On Monday, Brightree announced the CMS had acknowledged and accepted 100 percent of Brightree test claims coded to the new ICD-10 standard as part of a national testing program to prepare providers for the October 2014 change. The early acknowledgment validates Brightree’s ICD-10 readiness so customers can be confident they are equipped to handle the new claim submission and reimbursement demands. This investment is just one of many regulatory-based enhancements Brightree is making to keep customers ahead of market changes.
- Revenue Cycle Management. The company is evolving its former Billing Services group to deliver a portfolio of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions that will help customers improve profitability and cash flow from intake to collection. Part of this evolution involves a strategic business relationship with Access Healthcare, a leading provider of business process outsourcing in the healthcare market, to deliver cost-effective, “behind-the-scenes” predictive administrative and workflow management tasks on a broader scale. Brightree’s RCM account managers and analysts will continue to provide direct customer-facing services and support, as well as advise customers on ways to improve and manage cash flow.
- Private and Patient Payments. Private-pay billing and collection solutions delivered through Strategic AR (acquired by Brightree in January 2014) enable providers to engage patients upfront to collect co-payments and retain credit card information on file for re-orders. Integration with the provider’s billing systems of record further automate business processes and reduce the time and effort associated with patient collections.
- Referral Acceleration and Management. Through a new relationship with athenahealth, Brightree’s network of providers now has direct and instant access to referrals from the more than 18,000 physicians using athenaClinicals® and athenaCoordinator®, cloud-based services for electronic health records (EHR), practice management and care coordination.
- ePurchasing Partnerships. The company is investing in strategic relationships with McKesson, ResMed, Independence Medical and other manufacturers and distributors to help customers streamline ordering by accessing electronic purchasing directly through the Brightree system interface.
- Mobile Healthcare. As patient counts grow across post-acute settings, the need to service patients “where they are” through a more diversified workforce that includes both clinical health workers and non-clinical patient care aides is expanding. Add to this the increased regulation and compliance demands being placed on home health and hospice organizations, and the necessity for mobile technology to underlie best practices and protect reimbursements is clear. Brightree plans to release tablet-based mobile solutions to augment its laptop-based mobile solutions for hospice and home health organizations this fall.
Brightree will be exhibiting its application solutions in its Booth #1018 at the Medtrade Spring Conference on March 10-12 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The company also will be presenting a conference session on “How to Get Your Inventory In Shape” on Wednesday, March 12, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. PT.
Brightree is the leading provider of cloud-based software for the post-acute care industry. Our 500 team members serve more than 3,000 companies in the HME, home health, hospice, O&P, HME pharmacy, home infusion and rehab home care segments. Brightree's unique SaaS software solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses. The company is ranked as one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S. on the prestigious Healthcare Informatics 100 (HCI 100) list. For further information, visit www.brightree.com or call 1.888.598.7797.
Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 16,414
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 30, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,439
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,014
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 30, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,187
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 30, 2017 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,084
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,380
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,021
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Apr. 29, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 9,238
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 29, 2017 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,773
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,741
Grape Up is a software company, specialized in cloud native application development and professional services related to Cloud Foundry PaaS. With five expert teams that operate in various sectors of the market across the USA and Europe, we work with a variety of customers from emerging startups to Fortune 1000 companies.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,595
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Apr. 29, 2017 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,633
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,278
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 29, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,551