|By Business Wire||
|March 11, 2014 04:55 PM EDT||
Brightree, the leading provider of cloud-based clinical, billing and business management software solutions for the post-acute care industry, today unveiled at Medtrade Spring in Las Vegas, Nev., its new brand, reflecting the organization’s broadening investment in technology and services across the post-acute care sector of healthcare. Traditionally known for its leadership position in the Home Medical Equipment/Durable Medical Equipment (HME/DME) market, Brightree is extending its investments in hospice, home health and infusion solutions, as well as in surrounding services – such as patient and private payments, revenue cycle management (RCM), portal-based ordering systems and referral acceleration and management relationships – to enable HME/DME businesses to expand and diversify their revenue streams and to attract new customers in other post-acute care disciplines into the Brightree community.
“Brightree customers are forward-thinking leaders who want to grow and diversify in this time of escalating change in healthcare,” said Dave Cormack, CEO of Brightree. “Our new brand emphasizes the bright future we envision enabling our customers to create as we make the right strategic investments to simplify and accelerate the flow of information, documents, work streams, resources and payments among patients, providers and payers – whether government, commercial, private or patients – across the healthcare continuum.”
Added Cormack, “Over the next four years we plan to invest more than $80 million in realizing this vision so that our customers can not only overcome revenue pressures brought about by changes such as competitive bidding, increased audits and expanding regulation, but also to ensure that they can capture a greater share of the opportunities post-acute care presents for radically improving costs and outcomes in our healthcare system.”
Based on data from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Brightree estimates the post-acute areas of HME, home infusion, home health, hospice and long-term care will collectively double in spending over 10 years, from about $250 billion in 2013 to more than $500 billion in 2023, even with cost-containment measures in place.
“Our goal is to help Brightree customers capture the greatest share of that growth by equipping them with the broadest array of software, services and professional expertise targeted to their specific needs,” continued Cormack. “Brightree’s 30 percent growth over the last year has put us in a strong position to invest even more in our customers’ success, while continuing to grow aggressively in 2014 and beyond.”
Some initiatives that are part of Brightree’s growth plan include:
- Regulatory investments to keep Brightree customers ahead of reimbursement changes. On Monday, Brightree announced the CMS had acknowledged and accepted 100 percent of Brightree test claims coded to the new ICD-10 standard as part of a national testing program to prepare providers for the October 2014 change. The early acknowledgment validates Brightree’s ICD-10 readiness so customers can be confident they are equipped to handle the new claim submission and reimbursement demands. This investment is just one of many regulatory-based enhancements Brightree is making to keep customers ahead of market changes.
- Revenue Cycle Management. The company is evolving its former Billing Services group to deliver a portfolio of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions that will help customers improve profitability and cash flow from intake to collection. Part of this evolution involves a strategic business relationship with Access Healthcare, a leading provider of business process outsourcing in the healthcare market, to deliver cost-effective, “behind-the-scenes” predictive administrative and workflow management tasks on a broader scale. Brightree’s RCM account managers and analysts will continue to provide direct customer-facing services and support, as well as advise customers on ways to improve and manage cash flow.
- Private and Patient Payments. Private-pay billing and collection solutions delivered through Strategic AR (acquired by Brightree in January 2014) enable providers to engage patients upfront to collect co-payments and retain credit card information on file for re-orders. Integration with the provider’s billing systems of record further automate business processes and reduce the time and effort associated with patient collections.
- Referral Acceleration and Management. Through a new relationship with athenahealth, Brightree’s network of providers now has direct and instant access to referrals from the more than 18,000 physicians using athenaClinicals® and athenaCoordinator®, cloud-based services for electronic health records (EHR), practice management and care coordination.
- ePurchasing Partnerships. The company is investing in strategic relationships with McKesson, ResMed, Independence Medical and other manufacturers and distributors to help customers streamline ordering by accessing electronic purchasing directly through the Brightree system interface.
- Mobile Healthcare. As patient counts grow across post-acute settings, the need to service patients “where they are” through a more diversified workforce that includes both clinical health workers and non-clinical patient care aides is expanding. Add to this the increased regulation and compliance demands being placed on home health and hospice organizations, and the necessity for mobile technology to underlie best practices and protect reimbursements is clear. Brightree plans to release tablet-based mobile solutions to augment its laptop-based mobile solutions for hospice and home health organizations this fall.
Brightree will be exhibiting its application solutions in its Booth #1018 at the Medtrade Spring Conference on March 10-12 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nev. The company also will be presenting a conference session on “How to Get Your Inventory In Shape” on Wednesday, March 12, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. PT.
Brightree is the leading provider of cloud-based software for the post-acute care industry. Our 500 team members serve more than 3,000 companies in the HME, home health, hospice, O&P, HME pharmacy, home infusion and rehab home care segments. Brightree's unique SaaS software solutions follow the natural workflow of providers to automate and improve how they manage their businesses. The company is ranked as one of the top 100 healthcare IT companies in the U.S. on the prestigious Healthcare Informatics 100 (HCI 100) list. For further information, visit www.brightree.com or call 1.888.598.7797.
Brightree is a registered trademark of Brightree LLC.
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 7,687
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 6,815
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,538
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 19, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 5,371
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,234
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 19, 2017 06:30 PM EST Reads: 6,321
Providing secure, mobile access to sensitive data sets is a critical element in realizing the full potential of cloud computing. However, large data caches remain inaccessible to edge devices for reasons of security, size, format or limited viewing capabilities. Medical imaging, computer aided design and seismic interpretation are just a few examples of industries facing this challenge. Rather than fighting for incremental gains by pulling these datasets to edge devices, we need to embrace the i...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:30 PM EST Reads: 3,635
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,322
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,112
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,767
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,481
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 5,411
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 19, 2017 04:00 PM EST Reads: 5,437
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,801
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,043