|By Business Wire||
|March 12, 2014 10:20 AM EDT||
With custom installers continuously on the hunt for products that provide better installation flexibility, support for the latest high quality audio and video formats, and ease-of-use for their clients, Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is offering a variety of home theater receivers that meet their requirements with the introduction of two entry-level Elite branded receivers, the VSX-44 and VSX-80 7.2-channel receivers. Both models provide installation friendly attributes as well as optimal listening and viewing performance features including the recently announced HDMI 2.0 specification for the highest video signal transfer available, Roku Ready® certification, ESS SABRE Premier Audio DAC™, RS-232 and IP Control (VSX-80 only), expanded multi-zone and multi-source management and functionality, multi-channel high resolution playback, 4K 60P Ultra HD compatibility, and Pioneer’s proprietary iControlAV5 App.
Pioneer Elite VSX-80 AV Receiver (Photo: Business Wire)
“Our Elite products have always been about the custom installer, offering them a variety of features that make the installation and setup process of advanced home theater systems much easier,” said Chris Walker, director of AV product planning and marketing for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Integration of features such as reliable RS-232 control over IP and multi-zone capabilities makes a big difference in saving them valuable time and labor.”
- HDMI 2.0 – Pioneer is the first AV manufacturer to incorporate HDMI 2.0 into its line of Elite receivers, bringing the latest advances in consumer entertainment into the home. Finalized in September 2013, version 2.0 of the HDMI specification offers a significant increase in signal bandwidth, now up to 18Gbps. The increased bandwidth provides support for new features such as 4K60p 4:4:4 color support1. 4:4:4 color support offers viewers the highest quality color reproduction available in content today, with no color loss when images are displayed on compatible 4K televisions screens. The ability to pass through a very high bandwidth signal without downgrading the image means that Pioneer receivers will serve as the perfect entertainment hub.
- Roku Ready Certified – Both models are Roku Ready certified, expanding the user’s world of entertainment with access to more than 1,000 entertainment channels of streaming movies, music, TV shows, news, sports and more. Utilizing the receiver’s built-in MHL® Connection located at the rear of the Elite receivers, users can simply plug in a Roku Streaming Stick™ to start using the device. For additional convenience, both models offer full control of the service from a Roku stick via the receiver’s remote control as well as the new iControlAV5 app.
- Music Enthusiast – Offering a diversified listening experience, the receivers have access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including Spotify, PANDORA® and vTuner®. In addition, Pioneer incorporates the seamless connectivity standards of HTC Connect™ that enables wireless high quality music files to be shared between compatible HTC One™ smartphones and Pioneer receivers.
- ESS SABRE Premier Audio DAC (VSX-80) – The VSX-80 incorporates the highly rated ES9006S DAC (192kHz/24-bit) to bring true professional digital audio into the home for unparalleled audio performance. The new DAC produces outstanding sound quality with a warm, more natural audio reproduction, as well as a linear response resulting in audio with substantially less jitter.
- Advanced MCACC with Subwoofer EQ (VSX-80) – Pioneer developed its MCACC® technology more than 10 years ago with the help of professional recording studios. Advanced MCACC built into the new models helps create the optimum acoustic environment for movies and music. The receivers use a microphone (included) and a subwoofer EQ (new for 2014 on the VSX-80) to compensate for differences in speaker sizes, output levels, and distances from the user’s listening positions automatically.
- 4K2K Ultra HD 60P Video Up-Scaling (VSX-80) – The VSX-80 supports the next generation 4K2K Ultra HD resolution standard to help provide the highest quality video image available, with the ability to pass through 4K video signals of up to 60 frames per second to any HDMI 2.0-equipped 4K display. It can also upscale lower resolution signals before delivery to make them viewable on compatible 4K Ultra HD displays.
- Multi-Channel High Resolution Music Playback (VSX-80)– Strengthening a commitment to high-resolution music playback beyond two channels, Pioneer added playback support for 96kHz 24-Bit 5.0- and 5.1-channel FLAC and WAV files on the VSX-80. The receiver also supports other high-resolution music files including AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSD (2.8 MHz), Apple Lossless, MP3, WMA and AAC, offering broad support for the most common high-resolution music. Gapless playback for many of these file formats is supported as well. In addition, Pioneer’s MCACC room calibration works with high-resolution music playback.
Installation and Simplified Operability
- Custom Installation (VSX-80) – For advanced home theater control, the VSX-80 is compatible with the most popular custom control companies, Crestron® and Control4®, and offers custom installation features including full two-way RS-232C-over-IP control, with the ability to receive metadata from network and iOS connected devices.
Multi-Zone Network Capabilities – Both receivers are built for
maximum installation flexibility, offering a variety of multi-zone
set-up configurations, providing simultaneous entertainment for up to
three zones. The VSX-44 provides powered multi-zone with an analog
signal to a secondary area while the VSX-80 offers powered multi-zone
with a digital audio signal to another room utilizing a
network source such as Spotify, vTuner or Pandora, in addition to
supplying a third zone (HDZone) with a HDMI video signal.
All seven speaker outputs can be reconfigured six different ways, including a true 7.2-channel speaker setup or a full 5.2-channel with the extra outputs used to power a completely different zone altogether, all controllable from the receiver and/or a user’s portable device via the iControlAV5 App.
- iControlAV5 Application – Pioneer developed iControlAV5, a new app enabling wireless control over the features and functionalities of 2012, 2013 and 2014 line of the receivers from the convenience of various portable digital devices. The app incorporates multiple controls from basic volume adjustments and input selection to advanced features such as equalizer adjustments and management of audio settings and modes, including full control of the Roku Streaming Stick. With the VSX-80, iControlAV5 adds AV Scaling, enabling manual override of a television’s native setting for easy adjustment of video scaling. The app is available at no cost from www.AppStore.com or the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app is also available in Google® Play (www.GooglePlay.com) for Android devices.
- AVNavigator Built-In (VSX-80) – Pioneer’s AVNavigator is a two-way interactive owner’s manual that removes the complications of setting up a receiver. New for 2014, the VSX-80 features AVNavigator built-in eliminating the need to upload the software to a computer or laptop. Simply connect the receiver to a home network and launch the web browser. The functionality is also included in the iControlAV5 app where users can tap the AVNavigator icon in the application. AVNavigator features Pioneer’s Wiring Navi application, providing an interactive guide walking the user through the entire receiver setup process including speaker arrangement, sound optimization, connecting sources, MCACC calibration, renaming inputs, and more. AVNavigator also includes an Interactive Operation Guide application providing a linked two-way operation guide that gives users a way to learn about the receiver’s features (i.e. a push of the standard surround button on the front of the receiver takes the user directly to the portion of the manual that explains the standard surround feature).
The new Pioneer Elite receivers will be available at the end of March with suggested retail prices of $500 (VSX-44) and $700 (VSX-80).
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
14K60p 4:4:4 color support requires a future firmware update (Summer 2014) and is available only with a 4K60p 4:4:4 color compatible source and display.
PIONEER, ELITE, the Pioneer and Elite logos, and MCACC are registered
trademarks of Pioneer Corporation.
MHL, the MHL Logo, and Mobile High-Definition Link are trademarks or registered trademarks of MHL LLC in the United States and other countries.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
Roku and Roku Ready are registered trademarks and Roku TV is a trademark of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries.
ANDROID and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
SABRE is a registered trademark of ESS Technology, Inc.
Control4 is a registered trademark of Control4 Corporation.
Crestron is a registered trademark of Crestron Electronics, Inc.
Connect is a trademark of Spotify AB.
HTC, the HTC logo, and HTC Connect are trademarks of HTC Corporation.
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 463
Translating agile methodology into real-world best practices within the modern software factory has driven widespread DevOps adoption, yet much work remains to expand workflows and tooling across the enterprise. As models evolve from pockets of experimentation into wholescale organizational reinvention, practitioners find themselves challenged to incorporate the culture and architecture necessary to support DevOps at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Anand Akela, Senior...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,738
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,089
In recent years, containers have taken the world by storm. Companies of all sizes and industries have realized the massive benefits of containers, such as unprecedented mobility, higher hardware utilization, and increased flexibility and agility; however, many containers today are non-persistent. Containers without persistence miss out on many benefits, and in many cases simply pass the responsibility of persistence onto other infrastructure, adding additional complexity.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,177
Did you know that you can develop for mainframes in Java? Or that the testing and deployment can be automated across mobile to mainframe? In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Vaughn Marshall, Sr. Principal Product Owner at CA Technologies, will discuss and demo how increasingly teams are developing with agile methodologies using modern development environments and automating testing and deployments, mobile to mainframe.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,148
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi LTD., will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City. Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) will be featuring the Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) portfolio. This is the industry’s only offering that allows organizations to bring together object storage, file sync and share, cloud storage gateways, and sophisticated search an...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 305
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 941
Automation is enabling enterprises to design, deploy, and manage more complex, hybrid cloud environments. Yet the people who manage these environments must be trained in and understanding these environments better than ever before. A new era of analytics and cognitive computing is adding intelligence, but also more complexity, to these cloud environments. How smart is your cloud? How smart should it be? In this power panel at 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, pane...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,099
Most companies are adopting or evaluating container technology - Docker in particular - to speed up application deployment, drive down cost, ease management and make application delivery more flexible overall. As with most new architectures, this dream takes a lot of work to become a reality. Even when you do get your application componentized enough and packaged properly, there are still challenges for DevOps teams to making the shift to continuous delivery and achieving that reduction in cost ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,704
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,005
SYS-CON Events announced today that Twistlock, the leading provider of cloud container security solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Twistlock is the industry's first enterprise security suite for container security. Twistlock's technology addresses risks on the host and within the application of the container, enabling enterprises to consistently enforce security policies, monitor...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,522
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,168
The age of Digital Disruption is evolving into the next era – Digital Cohesion, an age in which applications securely self-assemble and deliver predictive services that continuously adapt to user behavior. Information from devices, sensors and applications around us will drive services seamlessly across mobile and fixed devices/infrastructure. This evolution is happening now in software defined services and secure networking. Four key drivers – Performance, Economics, Interoperability and Trust ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 384
@ThingsExpo has been named the Most Influential ‘Smart Cities - IIoT' Account and @BigDataExpo has been named fourteenth by Right Relevance (RR), which provides curated information and intelligence on approximately 50,000 topics. In addition, Right Relevance provides an Insights offering that combines the above Topics and Influencers information with real time conversations to provide actionable intelligence with visualizations to enable decision making. The Insights service is applicable to eve...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,639
Multiple data types are pouring into IoT deployments. Data is coming in small packages as well as enormous files and data streams of many sizes. Widespread use of mobile devices adds to the total. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the tools and environments that are being put to use in IoT deployments, as well as the team skills a modern enterprise IT shop needs to keep things running, get a handle on all this data, and deli...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,294