|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 05:04 AM EDT||
'S-HERTOGENBOSCH, The Netherlands, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Continued global expansion and 26% revenue growth amongst the highlights of a successful year for the leader in supply chain planning and optimization
Quintiq, a global leader in supply chain planning and optimization (SCP&O), announced today it achieved a record level of revenue in 2013. Driven by global expansion and 26% revenue growth, Quintiq's approach to SCP&O, which broke a number of world records in 2013, is setting the standard for the supply chain industry.
In what was a banner year, a number of accomplishments fueled Quintiq's success:
- Record revenue and rapid growth - Despite the volatile global economy, FY2013 saw Quintiq achieve record revenue of $100M,* representing 26% growth, and secure 65% pipeline growth, positioning the company for even greater success in 2014. Quintiq is the fastest growing SCP&O vendor among the top players, enjoying five times the average overall market growth. Based on its global market share, Quintiq was ranked the fourth largest SCP&O company by technology advisory firm Gartner.**
- Setting world records - Quintiq created optimization solutions for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows benchmarks, setting three world records.*** Quintiq set 106 additional world records in solving the Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problem.
- Global expansion - Quintiq relocated its headquarters in the Netherlands to accommodate increasing business demand. The company also opened new offices in Stockholm, Sydney, and Seoul, expanding its global footprint to 16 locations. In 2013, Quintiq hired 122 people, bringing the number of full-time employees to over 720.
- Customer wins - The addition of significant customer agreements fueled the company's momentum. Notable wins include SSAB, a leading producer of high-strength steel; Tribotecc GmbH, the leading manufacturer of sulfides worldwide; skyguide, air traffic control for Switzerland and adjacent airspace; Severstal, a top steel producer in Russia; Lafarge, a world leader in building materials; ASAŞ Alüminyum, a leading aluminum extrusion company in Turkey; and Amy's Kitchen, a leading producer of natural, organic convenience and frozen foods.
- Awards - Quintiq received a number of awards in 2013 validating its technology and corporate culture. This included selection by Deloitte, ING, the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers and TiasNimbas Business School as one of the Netherlands' Best Managed Companies; a Best Place to Work in Philadelphia, awarded by the Philadelphia Business Journal; and Technology Company of the Year at the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies Enterprise Awards.
- "The Missing Piece of the Profit Economy" - Dr. Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq, delivered an industry-defining presentation at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, Ariz., explaining why companies need to move beyond ERP and use software that enables them to control their future and uncover hidden profit potential. The presentation was later delivered by Dr. Allis and Arjen Heeres, COO of Quintiq, at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conferences in Australia and England respectively.
"Quintiq is off to a great start in 2014 having just been selected by Frost & Sullivan for a Global Customer Value Leadership Award. Most large-sized SCP&O solution providers address operational complexities across several industries; however, they often miss the nuances and industry applications that are unique to the supply side of process industries," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst Naveen Kumar Ramasamy. "Quintiq plugs this gap with the Quintiq technology platform and maintains a high degree of flexibility between standardization and customization, with its architecture built in a way that the platform can be customized without any disturbance to the underlying layers," noted Kumar. "In addition, Quintiq's comprehensive customer support services program enables its customers to reap high returns on investment."
"We built upon and solidified our leading market position, and I am proud of the records we achieved in our 16th year," said Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq. "Customers from diverse industries around the world are creating competitive advantage and achieving new levels of performance and efficiency with our planning and optimization software. With Quintiq, companies can embrace what makes their business unique and help them achieve their business goals with least cost and highest performance result."
* Financial results are unaudited.
** Gartner Market Snapshot: Supply Chain Management Software, Worldwide, 2012, Chad Eschinger, Yanna Dharmasthira, Chris Pang, 2 May 2013.
Every business has its supply chain planning puzzles. Some of those puzzles are large. Some are complex. Some seem impossible to solve. Since 1997, Quintiq has been solving each of those puzzles using a single supply chain planning & optimization software platform. Today, approximately 12,000 users in over 80 countries rely on Quintiq software to plan and optimize workforces, logistics and production. Quintiq has headquarters in the Netherlands and the USA, and offices around the world.
North America Enquiries
Global Marketing Communication Manager
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often un...
Feb. 19, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 2,662
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 2,993
SYS-CON Events announced today that IoT Now has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IoT Now explores the evolving opportunities and challenges facing CSPs, and it passes on some lessons learned from those who have taken the first steps in next-gen IoT services.
Feb. 19, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 936
SYS-CON Events announced today that WineSOFT will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Based in Seoul and Irvine, WineSOFT is an innovative software house focusing on internet infrastructure solutions. The venture started as a bootstrap start-up in 2010 by focusing on making the internet faster and more powerful. WineSOFT’s knowledge is based on the expertise of TCP/IP, VPN, SSL, peer-to-peer, mob...
Feb. 19, 2017 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,246
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 787
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 PM EST Reads: 5,212
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 8,002
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,462
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 7,895
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 PM EST Reads: 772
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Feb. 19, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,938
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Feb. 19, 2017 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,267
In the first article of this three-part series on hybrid cloud security, we discussed the Shared Responsibility Model and examined how the most common attack strategies persist, are amplified, or are mitigated as assets move from data centers to the cloud. Today, we’ll look at some of the unique security challenges that are introduced by public cloud environments. While cloud computing delivers many operational, cost-saving and security benefits, it takes place in a public, shared and on-demand ...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 909
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sudarshan Krishnamurthi, a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, at Cisco Systems, will discuss how IT and operational technology (OT) work together, as opposed to being in separate siloes as once was traditional. Attendees will learn how to fully leverage the power of IoT in their organization by bringing the two sides together and bridging the communication gap. He will also look at what good leadership must entail in order to accomplish this, and how IT managers ca...
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,064
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Mike Johnston, an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io, will discuss how to use Kubernetes to setup a SaaS infrastructure for your business. Mike Johnston is an infrastructure engineer at Supergiant.io with over 12 years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining server and workstation infrastructure at all scales. He has experience with brick and mortar data centers as well as cloud providers like Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services, and Rackspace....
Feb. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 2,096