|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 05:04 AM EDT||
'S-HERTOGENBOSCH, The Netherlands, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Continued global expansion and 26% revenue growth amongst the highlights of a successful year for the leader in supply chain planning and optimization
Quintiq, a global leader in supply chain planning and optimization (SCP&O), announced today it achieved a record level of revenue in 2013. Driven by global expansion and 26% revenue growth, Quintiq's approach to SCP&O, which broke a number of world records in 2013, is setting the standard for the supply chain industry.
In what was a banner year, a number of accomplishments fueled Quintiq's success:
- Record revenue and rapid growth - Despite the volatile global economy, FY2013 saw Quintiq achieve record revenue of $100M,* representing 26% growth, and secure 65% pipeline growth, positioning the company for even greater success in 2014. Quintiq is the fastest growing SCP&O vendor among the top players, enjoying five times the average overall market growth. Based on its global market share, Quintiq was ranked the fourth largest SCP&O company by technology advisory firm Gartner.**
- Setting world records - Quintiq created optimization solutions for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows benchmarks, setting three world records.*** Quintiq set 106 additional world records in solving the Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problem.
- Global expansion - Quintiq relocated its headquarters in the Netherlands to accommodate increasing business demand. The company also opened new offices in Stockholm, Sydney, and Seoul, expanding its global footprint to 16 locations. In 2013, Quintiq hired 122 people, bringing the number of full-time employees to over 720.
- Customer wins - The addition of significant customer agreements fueled the company's momentum. Notable wins include SSAB, a leading producer of high-strength steel; Tribotecc GmbH, the leading manufacturer of sulfides worldwide; skyguide, air traffic control for Switzerland and adjacent airspace; Severstal, a top steel producer in Russia; Lafarge, a world leader in building materials; ASAŞ Alüminyum, a leading aluminum extrusion company in Turkey; and Amy's Kitchen, a leading producer of natural, organic convenience and frozen foods.
- Awards - Quintiq received a number of awards in 2013 validating its technology and corporate culture. This included selection by Deloitte, ING, the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers and TiasNimbas Business School as one of the Netherlands' Best Managed Companies; a Best Place to Work in Philadelphia, awarded by the Philadelphia Business Journal; and Technology Company of the Year at the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies Enterprise Awards.
- "The Missing Piece of the Profit Economy" - Dr. Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq, delivered an industry-defining presentation at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, Ariz., explaining why companies need to move beyond ERP and use software that enables them to control their future and uncover hidden profit potential. The presentation was later delivered by Dr. Allis and Arjen Heeres, COO of Quintiq, at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conferences in Australia and England respectively.
"Quintiq is off to a great start in 2014 having just been selected by Frost & Sullivan for a Global Customer Value Leadership Award. Most large-sized SCP&O solution providers address operational complexities across several industries; however, they often miss the nuances and industry applications that are unique to the supply side of process industries," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst Naveen Kumar Ramasamy. "Quintiq plugs this gap with the Quintiq technology platform and maintains a high degree of flexibility between standardization and customization, with its architecture built in a way that the platform can be customized without any disturbance to the underlying layers," noted Kumar. "In addition, Quintiq's comprehensive customer support services program enables its customers to reap high returns on investment."
"We built upon and solidified our leading market position, and I am proud of the records we achieved in our 16th year," said Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq. "Customers from diverse industries around the world are creating competitive advantage and achieving new levels of performance and efficiency with our planning and optimization software. With Quintiq, companies can embrace what makes their business unique and help them achieve their business goals with least cost and highest performance result."
* Financial results are unaudited.
** Gartner Market Snapshot: Supply Chain Management Software, Worldwide, 2012, Chad Eschinger, Yanna Dharmasthira, Chris Pang, 2 May 2013.
Every business has its supply chain planning puzzles. Some of those puzzles are large. Some are complex. Some seem impossible to solve. Since 1997, Quintiq has been solving each of those puzzles using a single supply chain planning & optimization software platform. Today, approximately 12,000 users in over 80 countries rely on Quintiq software to plan and optimize workforces, logistics and production. Quintiq has headquarters in the Netherlands and the USA, and offices around the world.
North America Enquiries
Global Marketing Communication Manager
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 279
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,526
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,742
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,399
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,691
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 628
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,771
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,662
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,540
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 851
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 853
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,405
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,410