|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 05:04 AM EDT||
'S-HERTOGENBOSCH, The Netherlands, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Continued global expansion and 26% revenue growth amongst the highlights of a successful year for the leader in supply chain planning and optimization
Quintiq, a global leader in supply chain planning and optimization (SCP&O), announced today it achieved a record level of revenue in 2013. Driven by global expansion and 26% revenue growth, Quintiq's approach to SCP&O, which broke a number of world records in 2013, is setting the standard for the supply chain industry.
In what was a banner year, a number of accomplishments fueled Quintiq's success:
- Record revenue and rapid growth - Despite the volatile global economy, FY2013 saw Quintiq achieve record revenue of $100M,* representing 26% growth, and secure 65% pipeline growth, positioning the company for even greater success in 2014. Quintiq is the fastest growing SCP&O vendor among the top players, enjoying five times the average overall market growth. Based on its global market share, Quintiq was ranked the fourth largest SCP&O company by technology advisory firm Gartner.**
- Setting world records - Quintiq created optimization solutions for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows benchmarks, setting three world records.*** Quintiq set 106 additional world records in solving the Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problem.
- Global expansion - Quintiq relocated its headquarters in the Netherlands to accommodate increasing business demand. The company also opened new offices in Stockholm, Sydney, and Seoul, expanding its global footprint to 16 locations. In 2013, Quintiq hired 122 people, bringing the number of full-time employees to over 720.
- Customer wins - The addition of significant customer agreements fueled the company's momentum. Notable wins include SSAB, a leading producer of high-strength steel; Tribotecc GmbH, the leading manufacturer of sulfides worldwide; skyguide, air traffic control for Switzerland and adjacent airspace; Severstal, a top steel producer in Russia; Lafarge, a world leader in building materials; ASAŞ Alüminyum, a leading aluminum extrusion company in Turkey; and Amy's Kitchen, a leading producer of natural, organic convenience and frozen foods.
- Awards - Quintiq received a number of awards in 2013 validating its technology and corporate culture. This included selection by Deloitte, ING, the Confederation of Netherlands Industry and Employers and TiasNimbas Business School as one of the Netherlands' Best Managed Companies; a Best Place to Work in Philadelphia, awarded by the Philadelphia Business Journal; and Technology Company of the Year at the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies Enterprise Awards.
- "The Missing Piece of the Profit Economy" - Dr. Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq, delivered an industry-defining presentation at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conference in Phoenix, Ariz., explaining why companies need to move beyond ERP and use software that enables them to control their future and uncover hidden profit potential. The presentation was later delivered by Dr. Allis and Arjen Heeres, COO of Quintiq, at Gartner's Supply Chain Executive Conferences in Australia and England respectively.
"Quintiq is off to a great start in 2014 having just been selected by Frost & Sullivan for a Global Customer Value Leadership Award. Most large-sized SCP&O solution providers address operational complexities across several industries; however, they often miss the nuances and industry applications that are unique to the supply side of process industries," said Frost & Sullivan Senior Industry Analyst Naveen Kumar Ramasamy. "Quintiq plugs this gap with the Quintiq technology platform and maintains a high degree of flexibility between standardization and customization, with its architecture built in a way that the platform can be customized without any disturbance to the underlying layers," noted Kumar. "In addition, Quintiq's comprehensive customer support services program enables its customers to reap high returns on investment."
"We built upon and solidified our leading market position, and I am proud of the records we achieved in our 16th year," said Victor Allis, CEO of Quintiq. "Customers from diverse industries around the world are creating competitive advantage and achieving new levels of performance and efficiency with our planning and optimization software. With Quintiq, companies can embrace what makes their business unique and help them achieve their business goals with least cost and highest performance result."
* Financial results are unaudited.
** Gartner Market Snapshot: Supply Chain Management Software, Worldwide, 2012, Chad Eschinger, Yanna Dharmasthira, Chris Pang, 2 May 2013.
Every business has its supply chain planning puzzles. Some of those puzzles are large. Some are complex. Some seem impossible to solve. Since 1997, Quintiq has been solving each of those puzzles using a single supply chain planning & optimization software platform. Today, approximately 12,000 users in over 80 countries rely on Quintiq software to plan and optimize workforces, logistics and production. Quintiq has headquarters in the Netherlands and the USA, and offices around the world.
North America Enquiries
Global Marketing Communication Manager
Unsecured IoT devices were used to launch crippling DDOS attacks in October 2016, targeting services such as Twitter, Spotify, and GitHub. Subsequent testimony to Congress about potential attacks on office buildings, schools, and hospitals raised the possibility for the IoT to harm and even kill people. What should be done? Does the government need to intervene? This panel at @ThingExpo New York brings together leading IoT and security experts to discuss this very serious topic.
Dec. 8, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 489
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 896
CloudJumper, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) platform innovator for agile business IT, has been recognized with the Customer Value Leadership Award for its nWorkSpace platform by Frost & Sullivan. The company was also featured in a new report(1) by the industry research firm titled, “Desktop-as-a-Service Buyer’s Guide, 2016,” which provides a comprehensive comparison of DaaS providers, including CloudJumper, Amazon, VMware, and Microsoft.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 968
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,172
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 8, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 136
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 773
"At ROHA we develop an app called Catcha. It was developed after we spent a year meeting with, talking to, interacting with senior citizens watching them use their smartphones and talking to them about how they use their smartphones so we could get to know their smartphone behavior," explained Dave Woods, Chief Innovation Officer at ROHA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 738
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,174
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 723
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry’s single source for the cloud. Fusion’s advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 470
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, sha...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,184
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,740
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,235
"Venafi has a platform that allows you to manage, centralize and automate the complete life cycle of keys and certificates within the organization," explained Gina Osmond, Sr. Field Marketing Manager at Venafi, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,125
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,192