|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
MUMBAI, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Qatar's tight rental market has made it the most expensive country to live in the GCC, according to a comprehensive analysis on the cost of living in the region. The report has found that in a like-for-like comparison of seven measures, Qatar came out the most expensive overall, followed by the UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
Qatar also emerged as the most expensive GCC nation for renting a car with a monthly fee of $2,773 to rent a small SUV - almost double the $1,390.50 cost for the same car in the UAE - while an annual gym membership in Qatar was $2,686.5 compared to $81 a year in Saudi and a meager $48 in Oman.
It is also noted the UAE had the biggest range of healthcare in terms of international hospitals and clinics, while the more than seven big, local drug manufacturing plants in Saudi, where insurance was $1,350/yr, brought down pharmaceutical costs somewhat.
Bharat Book Bureau presents Cost of Living - GCC Report. http://www.bharatbook.com/business-services-market-research-reports-482783/cost-of-living-gcc-report.html
GCC Report Overview
Release Dates: Released in February annually
Geographical Areas Covered: Covers and compares UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait & Bahrain
Sections in Report: Accommodation, Commercial Property, Education, Healthcare, Travel & Transport, Household & Utilities, Business Set-up & Licenses, Lifestyle & hospitality and Job Market across all 6 GCC countries, comparing equivalent roles across multiple industrial sectors
Remuneration Analysis: 100+ job titles with demographic comparisons
Report Content: Tabular analysis & graphical analysis along with all report sources
Report Sources: Several hundred, including the World Bank, IMF, open sources and local consulting agencies across the GCC, along with our findings across all 3 of our country reports for KSA, UAE & Qatar
Report Size: 124 pages
Report Format: Secure PDF, with a printed hardcopy available upon request
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE GCC REPORT
- Comparison of various rental properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries
- Comparison of various freehold properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries (where applicable)
- Rental growth vs. job vacancies across the GCC
- Factors influencing property value by major GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- GCC's residential price-quality index
- Key drivers of letting prices by GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- Inventories of apartments and villas by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Residents demographics by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- The cost of amenities by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of schooling fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of University tuition fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the cost of an MBA & Masters Degrees across various Universities in the GCC
- Cost of school transport and admission fees
- Average annual spending per child on education, by expat households across various job titles
Household & Utilities
- Comparison of the average cost of a typical food basket in 2013-2014, between the GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces by family size
- Comparison of annual water consumption, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of electricity and utility costs, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of cost of entertainment, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Annual prices of international TV subscriptions, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Golf Green Fees, across the clubs in the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of in-patient and out-patient procedures and consultancies, across the main GCC hospitals in public & private sectors
- Comparison of the cost of health insurance premiums, by age bracket & package type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the average cost of health benefits, as a percentage of total payroll by business sector & employer size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Expected pay increases by business sector and job title across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- An overview of talent demand and supply in various sectors, by job title and years of experience across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Travel & Transport
- Comparison of prices of new automobiles by vehicle type & size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the costs of maintaining a vehicle across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of an entry visa, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of petrol/ diesel fuel prices across 80+ countries (including the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces)
- Comparison of hotel rates and charges between the main GCC areas in 2013-2014, by hotel rating
- Rental prices of offices & warehouse spaces per sqft, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- License setup & renewal costs by business activity and company type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of changes in commercial property supply, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Commercials property vacancy rates, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key factors contributing to demand for business setup, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key challenges in setting up a business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the legal landscape, import tariff policies, workforce productivity, infrastructure set-up and the overall ease of doing business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Request for sample pages: https://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=482783
For more information:
- IT Market in GCC 2014-2018
- Diesel Gensets Market in GCC Countries 2014-2018
- GCC Construction Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018
- Geotextiles and Geogrids Market in UAE and GCC - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019
- GCC Unified Drug Prices Report
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 923
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 277
IoT solutions exploit operational data generated by Internet-connected smart “things” for the purpose of gaining operational insight and producing “better outcomes” (for example, create new business models, eliminate unscheduled maintenance, etc.). The explosive proliferation of IoT solutions will result in an exponential growth in the volume of IoT data, precipitating significant Information Governance issues: who owns the IoT data, what are the rights/duties of IoT solutions adopters towards t...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 224
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 7, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,731
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,911
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,670
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 320
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 779
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 310
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 7, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,269
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, provideed economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session also included a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Dec. 7, 2016 03:48 PM EST Reads: 223
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,245
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,768
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,308
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 939