|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
MUMBAI, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Qatar's tight rental market has made it the most expensive country to live in the GCC, according to a comprehensive analysis on the cost of living in the region. The report has found that in a like-for-like comparison of seven measures, Qatar came out the most expensive overall, followed by the UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
Qatar also emerged as the most expensive GCC nation for renting a car with a monthly fee of $2,773 to rent a small SUV - almost double the $1,390.50 cost for the same car in the UAE - while an annual gym membership in Qatar was $2,686.5 compared to $81 a year in Saudi and a meager $48 in Oman.
It is also noted the UAE had the biggest range of healthcare in terms of international hospitals and clinics, while the more than seven big, local drug manufacturing plants in Saudi, where insurance was $1,350/yr, brought down pharmaceutical costs somewhat.
Bharat Book Bureau presents Cost of Living - GCC Report. http://www.bharatbook.com/business-services-market-research-reports-482783/cost-of-living-gcc-report.html
GCC Report Overview
Release Dates: Released in February annually
Geographical Areas Covered: Covers and compares UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait & Bahrain
Sections in Report: Accommodation, Commercial Property, Education, Healthcare, Travel & Transport, Household & Utilities, Business Set-up & Licenses, Lifestyle & hospitality and Job Market across all 6 GCC countries, comparing equivalent roles across multiple industrial sectors
Remuneration Analysis: 100+ job titles with demographic comparisons
Report Content: Tabular analysis & graphical analysis along with all report sources
Report Sources: Several hundred, including the World Bank, IMF, open sources and local consulting agencies across the GCC, along with our findings across all 3 of our country reports for KSA, UAE & Qatar
Report Size: 124 pages
Report Format: Secure PDF, with a printed hardcopy available upon request
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE GCC REPORT
- Comparison of various rental properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries
- Comparison of various freehold properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries (where applicable)
- Rental growth vs. job vacancies across the GCC
- Factors influencing property value by major GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- GCC's residential price-quality index
- Key drivers of letting prices by GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- Inventories of apartments and villas by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Residents demographics by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- The cost of amenities by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of schooling fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of University tuition fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the cost of an MBA & Masters Degrees across various Universities in the GCC
- Cost of school transport and admission fees
- Average annual spending per child on education, by expat households across various job titles
Household & Utilities
- Comparison of the average cost of a typical food basket in 2013-2014, between the GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces by family size
- Comparison of annual water consumption, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of electricity and utility costs, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of cost of entertainment, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Annual prices of international TV subscriptions, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Golf Green Fees, across the clubs in the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of in-patient and out-patient procedures and consultancies, across the main GCC hospitals in public & private sectors
- Comparison of the cost of health insurance premiums, by age bracket & package type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the average cost of health benefits, as a percentage of total payroll by business sector & employer size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Expected pay increases by business sector and job title across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- An overview of talent demand and supply in various sectors, by job title and years of experience across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Travel & Transport
- Comparison of prices of new automobiles by vehicle type & size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the costs of maintaining a vehicle across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of an entry visa, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of petrol/ diesel fuel prices across 80+ countries (including the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces)
- Comparison of hotel rates and charges between the main GCC areas in 2013-2014, by hotel rating
- Rental prices of offices & warehouse spaces per sqft, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- License setup & renewal costs by business activity and company type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of changes in commercial property supply, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Commercials property vacancy rates, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key factors contributing to demand for business setup, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key challenges in setting up a business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the legal landscape, import tariff policies, workforce productivity, infrastructure set-up and the overall ease of doing business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Request for sample pages: https://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=482783
For more information:
- IT Market in GCC 2014-2018
- Diesel Gensets Market in GCC Countries 2014-2018
- GCC Construction Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018
- Geotextiles and Geogrids Market in UAE and GCC - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019
- GCC Unified Drug Prices Report
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau
U.S. companies are desperately trying to recruit and hire skilled software engineers and developers, but there is simply not enough quality talent to go around. Tiempo Development is a nearshore software development company. Our headquarters are in AZ, but we are a pioneer and leader in outsourcing to Mexico, based on our three software development centers there. We have a proven process and we are experts at providing our customers with powerful solutions. We transform ideas into reality.
Aug. 28, 2015 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 414
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Aug. 28, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 316
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 28, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 309
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 28, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 336
The Internet of Things (IoT) is about the digitization of physical assets including sensors, devices, machines, gateways, and the network. It creates possibilities for significant value creation and new revenue generating business models via data democratization and ubiquitous analytics across IoT networks. The explosion of data in all forms in IoT requires a more robust and broader lens in order to enable smarter timely actions and better outcomes. Business operations become the key driver of I...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 329
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 28, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 377
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 349
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Aug. 27, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 382
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 437
Everyone talks about continuous integration and continuous delivery but those are just two ends of the pipeline. In the middle of DevOps is continuous testing (CT), and many organizations are struggling to implement continuous testing effectively. After all, without continuous testing there is no delivery. And Lab-As-A-Service (LaaS) enhances the CT with dynamic on-demand self-serve test topologies. CT together with LAAS make a powerful combination that perfectly serves complex software developm...
Aug. 27, 2015 04:15 PM EDT
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 381
In today's digital world, change is the one constant. Disruptive innovations like cloud, mobility, social media, and the Internet of Things have reshaped the market and set new standards in customer expectations. To remain competitive, businesses must tap the potential of emerging technologies and markets through the rapid release of new products and services. However, the rigid and siloed structures of traditional IT platforms and processes are slowing them down – resulting in lengthy delivery ...
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 510
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 164