|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
MUMBAI, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Qatar's tight rental market has made it the most expensive country to live in the GCC, according to a comprehensive analysis on the cost of living in the region. The report has found that in a like-for-like comparison of seven measures, Qatar came out the most expensive overall, followed by the UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
Qatar also emerged as the most expensive GCC nation for renting a car with a monthly fee of $2,773 to rent a small SUV - almost double the $1,390.50 cost for the same car in the UAE - while an annual gym membership in Qatar was $2,686.5 compared to $81 a year in Saudi and a meager $48 in Oman.
It is also noted the UAE had the biggest range of healthcare in terms of international hospitals and clinics, while the more than seven big, local drug manufacturing plants in Saudi, where insurance was $1,350/yr, brought down pharmaceutical costs somewhat.
Bharat Book Bureau presents Cost of Living - GCC Report. http://www.bharatbook.com/business-services-market-research-reports-482783/cost-of-living-gcc-report.html
GCC Report Overview
Release Dates: Released in February annually
Geographical Areas Covered: Covers and compares UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait & Bahrain
Sections in Report: Accommodation, Commercial Property, Education, Healthcare, Travel & Transport, Household & Utilities, Business Set-up & Licenses, Lifestyle & hospitality and Job Market across all 6 GCC countries, comparing equivalent roles across multiple industrial sectors
Remuneration Analysis: 100+ job titles with demographic comparisons
Report Content: Tabular analysis & graphical analysis along with all report sources
Report Sources: Several hundred, including the World Bank, IMF, open sources and local consulting agencies across the GCC, along with our findings across all 3 of our country reports for KSA, UAE & Qatar
Report Size: 124 pages
Report Format: Secure PDF, with a printed hardcopy available upon request
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE GCC REPORT
- Comparison of various rental properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries
- Comparison of various freehold properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries (where applicable)
- Rental growth vs. job vacancies across the GCC
- Factors influencing property value by major GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- GCC's residential price-quality index
- Key drivers of letting prices by GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- Inventories of apartments and villas by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Residents demographics by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- The cost of amenities by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of schooling fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of University tuition fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the cost of an MBA & Masters Degrees across various Universities in the GCC
- Cost of school transport and admission fees
- Average annual spending per child on education, by expat households across various job titles
Household & Utilities
- Comparison of the average cost of a typical food basket in 2013-2014, between the GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces by family size
- Comparison of annual water consumption, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of electricity and utility costs, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of cost of entertainment, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Annual prices of international TV subscriptions, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Golf Green Fees, across the clubs in the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of in-patient and out-patient procedures and consultancies, across the main GCC hospitals in public & private sectors
- Comparison of the cost of health insurance premiums, by age bracket & package type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the average cost of health benefits, as a percentage of total payroll by business sector & employer size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Expected pay increases by business sector and job title across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- An overview of talent demand and supply in various sectors, by job title and years of experience across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Travel & Transport
- Comparison of prices of new automobiles by vehicle type & size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the costs of maintaining a vehicle across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of an entry visa, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of petrol/ diesel fuel prices across 80+ countries (including the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces)
- Comparison of hotel rates and charges between the main GCC areas in 2013-2014, by hotel rating
- Rental prices of offices & warehouse spaces per sqft, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- License setup & renewal costs by business activity and company type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of changes in commercial property supply, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Commercials property vacancy rates, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key factors contributing to demand for business setup, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key challenges in setting up a business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the legal landscape, import tariff policies, workforce productivity, infrastructure set-up and the overall ease of doing business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Request for sample pages: https://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=482783
For more information:
- IT Market in GCC 2014-2018
- Diesel Gensets Market in GCC Countries 2014-2018
- GCC Construction Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018
- Geotextiles and Geogrids Market in UAE and GCC - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019
- GCC Unified Drug Prices Report
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau
910Telecom exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and exchanges.
Feb. 21, 2017 02:45 AM EST Reads: 1,322
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Feb. 21, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 4,559
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and micro services. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your contain...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 3,252
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services a...
Feb. 21, 2017 01:00 AM EST Reads: 6,257
Niagara Networks exhibited at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which took place at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, in November 2016. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 702
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 21, 2017 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,030
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 3,329
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 5,915
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Feb. 20, 2017 10:15 PM EST Reads: 6,193
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 4,506
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Feb. 20, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 905
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 4,336
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named "Platinum Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, and 21st International Cloud Expo, which will take place in November in Silicon Valley, California.
Feb. 20, 2017 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,514
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Feb. 20, 2017 07:00 PM EST Reads: 8,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that delaPlex will exhibit at SYS-CON's @CloudExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. delaPlex pioneered Software Development as a Service (SDaaS), which provides scalable resources to build, test, and deploy software. It’s a fast and more reliable way to develop a new product or expand your in-house team.
Feb. 20, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,004