|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 11:31 AM EDT||
MUMBAI, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Qatar's tight rental market has made it the most expensive country to live in the GCC, according to a comprehensive analysis on the cost of living in the region. The report has found that in a like-for-like comparison of seven measures, Qatar came out the most expensive overall, followed by the UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
Qatar also emerged as the most expensive GCC nation for renting a car with a monthly fee of $2,773 to rent a small SUV - almost double the $1,390.50 cost for the same car in the UAE - while an annual gym membership in Qatar was $2,686.5 compared to $81 a year in Saudi and a meager $48 in Oman.
It is also noted the UAE had the biggest range of healthcare in terms of international hospitals and clinics, while the more than seven big, local drug manufacturing plants in Saudi, where insurance was $1,350/yr, brought down pharmaceutical costs somewhat.
Bharat Book Bureau presents Cost of Living - GCC Report. http://www.bharatbook.com/business-services-market-research-reports-482783/cost-of-living-gcc-report.html
GCC Report Overview
Release Dates: Released in February annually
Geographical Areas Covered: Covers and compares UAE, KSA, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait & Bahrain
Sections in Report: Accommodation, Commercial Property, Education, Healthcare, Travel & Transport, Household & Utilities, Business Set-up & Licenses, Lifestyle & hospitality and Job Market across all 6 GCC countries, comparing equivalent roles across multiple industrial sectors
Remuneration Analysis: 100+ job titles with demographic comparisons
Report Content: Tabular analysis & graphical analysis along with all report sources
Report Sources: Several hundred, including the World Bank, IMF, open sources and local consulting agencies across the GCC, along with our findings across all 3 of our country reports for KSA, UAE & Qatar
Report Size: 124 pages
Report Format: Secure PDF, with a printed hardcopy available upon request
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE GCC REPORT
- Comparison of various rental properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries
- Comparison of various freehold properties across the major cities, Emirates & provinces within the 6 GCC countries (where applicable)
- Rental growth vs. job vacancies across the GCC
- Factors influencing property value by major GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- GCC's residential price-quality index
- Key drivers of letting prices by GCC cities, Emirates & provinces
- Inventories of apartments and villas by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Residents demographics by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- The cost of amenities by GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of schooling fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of University tuition fees across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the cost of an MBA & Masters Degrees across various Universities in the GCC
- Cost of school transport and admission fees
- Average annual spending per child on education, by expat households across various job titles
Household & Utilities
- Comparison of the average cost of a typical food basket in 2013-2014, between the GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces by family size
- Comparison of annual water consumption, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of electricity and utility costs, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of cost of entertainment, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Annual prices of international TV subscriptions, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Golf Green Fees, across the clubs in the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of in-patient and out-patient procedures and consultancies, across the main GCC hospitals in public & private sectors
- Comparison of the cost of health insurance premiums, by age bracket & package type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the average cost of health benefits, as a percentage of total payroll by business sector & employer size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Expected pay increases by business sector and job title across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- An overview of talent demand and supply in various sectors, by job title and years of experience across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Travel & Transport
- Comparison of prices of new automobiles by vehicle type & size across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the costs of maintaining a vehicle across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of the cost of an entry visa, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of petrol/ diesel fuel prices across 80+ countries (including the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces)
- Comparison of hotel rates and charges between the main GCC areas in 2013-2014, by hotel rating
- Rental prices of offices & warehouse spaces per sqft, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- License setup & renewal costs by business activity and company type, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of changes in commercial property supply, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Comparison of Commercials property vacancy rates, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key factors contributing to demand for business setup, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- Key challenges in setting up a business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
- A comparison of the legal landscape, import tariff policies, workforce productivity, infrastructure set-up and the overall ease of doing business, across the main GCC cities/ Emirates & provinces
Request for sample pages: https://www.bharatbook.com/RequestSample.asp?pid=482783
For more information:
- IT Market in GCC 2014-2018
- Diesel Gensets Market in GCC Countries 2014-2018
- GCC Construction Chemicals Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2018
- Geotextiles and Geogrids Market in UAE and GCC - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2013 - 2019
- GCC Unified Drug Prices Report
About Bharat Book Bureau
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading market research information aggregator that provides market research reports, industry analysis, company profiles, business reports, country reports, newsletters and online databases. Our clients include Corporate, Consulting firms, and Academic Institutions and Government departments across the globe. Bharat Book Bureau provides over a million reports from more than 400 publishers around the globe. The market research reports we provide, help global companies examine the different markets before setting up a business or expanding into different countries across the world. They give a complete perspective on the current market scenario, trends, segments and future outlook.
SOURCE Bharat Book Bureau
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 474
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 358
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 183
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 148
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 222
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 588
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 190
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 132
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 350
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 163
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 293
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 228
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:00 PM EST Reads: 182
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 9, 2016 02:45 PM EST