|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 07:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug) have announced the addition of the "Nasal Drug Delivery - Advances in Drug Therapies, Systemic Delivery and Device Technologies (Conference, London)" conference to their offering.
The Nasal Drug Delivery Conference will take place on the 3rd & 4th April 2014 at the Rembrandt Hotel, London
THREE REASONS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
- Gain an update on the very latest scientific developments and technology advances in this field.
- Hear from an unrivaled panel of expert speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity to build business relationships.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managing Directors, Medical Directors, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Senior Executives in Research and Development, Registration, Marketing and all departments that may be involved in Nasal Drug Delivery, or who wish to understand the potential of this alternative therapeutic route. Those already involved in Nasal Drug Delivery will benefit from updating their knowledge and sharing experiences with some of the leading practitioners in this field. If you are involved in Nasal Drug Delivery or are just considering the potential, this conference is an excellent route to understanding all aspects from the basic physiology through to launching a successful product.
CHAIRPERSON: Dr Rene Bommer
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Prof. Michael S Benninger
3 & 4 April 2014
3 April 2014: Start 09.30 - Finish 17.30
Drinks Reception: Start 17.30 - Finish 18.30
4 April 2014: Start 09.15 - Finish 16.30
REGISTRATION & COFFEE
3 April 2014 09.00
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
The Rembrandt Hotel, 11 Thurloe Place, London SW7 2RS
Opposite V&A Museum. Nearest underground station: South Kensington.
NOTE: Events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged
Key Topics Covered:
DAY ONE - 3 April 2014
09.30 u Chairman's Welcome and Introduction
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 1: Advances in Drug Therapies: State of the Art
09.45 u Nasal Drugs to Treat Nasal Disorders; A Comprehensive Review
- Anatomy and physiology
- Nasal disorders
- Treatment options and future prospects to treat allergic and non-allergic Rhinitis
- Rhinosinusitis and Polyps
Professor Michael S. Benninger, Chairman, The Head and Neck Institute, Professor of Surgery, Lerner College of Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, USA
10.45 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
Session 2: Progress in Local and Systemic Nasal Drug Delivery
11.30 - Particulate Systems for Nasal (Vaccine) Delivery
- Literature review on particulate systems for nasal delivery
- Nanoparticulate systems for direct uptake
- Particle requirements for nasal deposition
- Modification of particle surface/particle engineering
- Formulation design
- Implications in nasal vaccine development
Dr Regina Scherliess, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Germany
12.10 - Antiviral Polymers - A Novel Concept of Intranasal Therapy Against Respiratory Viruses
- Marinomed has developed a technology for creating a protective physical barrier in the nasal cavity with antiviral polymers for the prevention and therapy of common cold and influenza
- Independent clinical trials in adults and children demonstrated that the intranasal administration of Iota-Carrageenan significantly reduced the time to disease clearance of patients with common cold and decreased the virus load in nasal lavages
- The existing product portfolio will be expanded and the new developments focus on combination products for the treatment of influenza and the prevention of virally-induced exacerbations in allergic patients
Dr Angelika Bodenteich, Head of Development, Marinomed Biotechnologie, GmbH, Germany
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Nasal Drug Delivery - The Technology Whose Potential Has Not Yet Been Valorised
- Current technologies for nasal drug delivery
- Nasal application for unmet medical needs
- Factors affecting bioavailability and response after nasal application
- Symbiosis of formulation and device
- Identification of potential obstacles in product development
Dr Claudia Mattern, Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University, US-FL, Chief Scientific Officer, M & P Pharma AG, Switzerland
Session 3: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies
14.40 - Review of Nasal Drug Delivery Devices
- Business aspects
- Device technologies and nasal delivery systems
- Regulatory aspects
- Nasl spray characterisation
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
15.20 - Discussion
15.30 - Tea
16.00 - New Trends in Nasal Delivery with Dry Powder Formulations
- Dry powder formulations represent attractive alternatives to liquid formulations
- Systemic delivery via the nasal cavity, including pain treatments and also intra-nasal vaccination, are being investigated and developed with dry powder formulation because it offers a number of benefits like thermal and microbiologic stability and the variability of the physico-chemical properties
- Regulatory Aptar pharma offers a line of disposable primeless devices designed specifically for liquid and for dry powder formulations
- Opportunities and case studies using our Unit Dose Powder, Single Dose Device technology platform
Holger Kehrer, Business Support Manager, Aptar pharma, France
16.40 - Update on Advancia: Innovative Design Solution to Respond to New Challenges in Nasal Delivery
- Recent trends in nasal spray delivery
- Compliance, efficiency, convenience and ease of use of nasal delivery devices
- Regulatory requirement changes for nasal delivery requiring next generation devices
Pascale Farjas, Global Category Manager, Rexam Healthcare, France
17.20 - Discussion
17.30 - Close of Day One
17.30 - 18.30 Drinks Reception for Delegates and Speakers
DAY TWO - 4 April 2014
09.15 - Chairman's Review of Day One
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 4: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies (continued)
09.30 - Current Nasal Powder Technologies: The Challenge of Powder Dosing
- Dosing requirements (dosing range, target to be filled, powder properties)
- Overview dosing systems (design, functionality)
- Examples of filling equipment (developmental equipment)
- Systems for fill weight verification (IPC, PAT,..)
Marco Laackmann, Division Leader, Inhalation, Harro Höfliger, Germany
10.10 - Addressing Technical Barriers in Nasal Dry Powder Delivery
- Patient / user needs - clinical trials, comfort, understanding
- Device requirements - materials, regulatory, risks
- Formulation requirements - dosage, residence time, stability
- Product performance - deposition, particle size distribution, plume geometry, shelf life
- Commercialisation - competition, cost, IP, market need, regulatory acceptance, USP
Ian Harrison, Chief Scientific Officer, Alchemy Pharmatech, UK
10.50 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
11.30 - How Technology Can be Used to Enhance our Understanding of User Behaviour and Influence the Way we Conduct User Research
- Social Intelligence for greater product understanding
- Gaining access to the right study participants
- Field research from your desk
- Quantifying human performance
- Seeing through our users eyes
- Understanding emotional responses and states of mind
Miranda Newberry, Human Factors Consultant, PA Consulting, UK
12.10 - A Platform Approach to Developing Patient Oriented Drug Delivery Systems and Products
- This approach to the development of drug delivery technology solutions is unconventional, risky and offers tremendous potential for developing drug/device combination products that deliver unparalleled value to both the patient and the manufacturer
- This well-executed platform based approach seeks to reduce the complexity of developing new combination products without sacrificing innovation
- Progress of Mystic's drug delivery platform solutions, its capabilities, applications and the benefits for patients and Pharma/biotech manufacturers
Timothy Sullivan, President & CEO, Mystic Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA (invited)
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
Session 5: Regulatory Requirements
14.00 - EU Regulatory Requirements
- Differences between pulmonary and nasal requirements
- Bio-equivalence Representative from a Regulatory Agency, (invited)
14.40 - Discussion
Session 6: Business and Intellectual Property (IP) in Nasal Systemic Drug Delivery
14.50 - Choosing the Best Way to Finance Your Company
- First: get the business model right
- Starting out - is there easy money?
- Angels vs Dragons
- Dilutive vs non-dilutive financing
- Financing through partnering
- Planning an exit - IPO vs Trade Sale
Finton Walton, CEO, Pharma Ventures, UK
15.30 - R&D Collaborations for Drug Delivery: Legal and Contractual Issues
- The different priorities of universities, start-ups and major companies
- Benefits of term sheets / letters of intent and how to use them
- Defining the scope of the collaboration: work, field, etc.
- IP ownership and licences
- Other legal issues
Mark Anderson, Solicitor, Anderson Law LLP, UK
16.10 u Discussion
16.20 u Chairman's Concluding Remarks
16.30 u Close of Conference and Tea
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex software systems for startups and enterprises. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 200 develope...
May. 31, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,901
How will your company move to the cloud while ensuring a solid security posture? Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is ...
May. 31, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 895
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 31, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 869
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
May. 31, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,055
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 31, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 890
The cloud era has reached the stage where it is no longer a question of whether a company should migrate, but when. Enterprises have embraced the outsourcing of where their various applications are stored and who manages them, saving significant investment along the way. Plus, the cloud has become a defining competitive edge. Companies that fail to successfully adapt risk failure. The media, of course, continues to extol the virtues of the cloud, including how easy it is to get there. Migrating...
May. 31, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 823
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,262
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,436
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 31, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,418
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
May. 31, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,066
"What we see what happens when you have a completely networked society and the potential to now drive the value creation and the collaboration and the ecosystems that are possible when you start to be able to connect people and industries together in ways that have never been possible before," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP of Marketing Enterprise & Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 31, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,824
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
May. 31, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,126
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,346
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,888
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
May. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,832