|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 07:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug) have announced the addition of the "Nasal Drug Delivery - Advances in Drug Therapies, Systemic Delivery and Device Technologies (Conference, London)" conference to their offering.
The Nasal Drug Delivery Conference will take place on the 3rd & 4th April 2014 at the Rembrandt Hotel, London
THREE REASONS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
- Gain an update on the very latest scientific developments and technology advances in this field.
- Hear from an unrivaled panel of expert speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity to build business relationships.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managing Directors, Medical Directors, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Senior Executives in Research and Development, Registration, Marketing and all departments that may be involved in Nasal Drug Delivery, or who wish to understand the potential of this alternative therapeutic route. Those already involved in Nasal Drug Delivery will benefit from updating their knowledge and sharing experiences with some of the leading practitioners in this field. If you are involved in Nasal Drug Delivery or are just considering the potential, this conference is an excellent route to understanding all aspects from the basic physiology through to launching a successful product.
CHAIRPERSON: Dr Rene Bommer
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Prof. Michael S Benninger
3 & 4 April 2014
3 April 2014: Start 09.30 - Finish 17.30
Drinks Reception: Start 17.30 - Finish 18.30
4 April 2014: Start 09.15 - Finish 16.30
REGISTRATION & COFFEE
3 April 2014 09.00
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
The Rembrandt Hotel, 11 Thurloe Place, London SW7 2RS
Opposite V&A Museum. Nearest underground station: South Kensington.
NOTE: Events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged
Key Topics Covered:
DAY ONE - 3 April 2014
09.30 u Chairman's Welcome and Introduction
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 1: Advances in Drug Therapies: State of the Art
09.45 u Nasal Drugs to Treat Nasal Disorders; A Comprehensive Review
- Anatomy and physiology
- Nasal disorders
- Treatment options and future prospects to treat allergic and non-allergic Rhinitis
- Rhinosinusitis and Polyps
Professor Michael S. Benninger, Chairman, The Head and Neck Institute, Professor of Surgery, Lerner College of Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, USA
10.45 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
Session 2: Progress in Local and Systemic Nasal Drug Delivery
11.30 - Particulate Systems for Nasal (Vaccine) Delivery
- Literature review on particulate systems for nasal delivery
- Nanoparticulate systems for direct uptake
- Particle requirements for nasal deposition
- Modification of particle surface/particle engineering
- Formulation design
- Implications in nasal vaccine development
Dr Regina Scherliess, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Germany
12.10 - Antiviral Polymers - A Novel Concept of Intranasal Therapy Against Respiratory Viruses
- Marinomed has developed a technology for creating a protective physical barrier in the nasal cavity with antiviral polymers for the prevention and therapy of common cold and influenza
- Independent clinical trials in adults and children demonstrated that the intranasal administration of Iota-Carrageenan significantly reduced the time to disease clearance of patients with common cold and decreased the virus load in nasal lavages
- The existing product portfolio will be expanded and the new developments focus on combination products for the treatment of influenza and the prevention of virally-induced exacerbations in allergic patients
Dr Angelika Bodenteich, Head of Development, Marinomed Biotechnologie, GmbH, Germany
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Nasal Drug Delivery - The Technology Whose Potential Has Not Yet Been Valorised
- Current technologies for nasal drug delivery
- Nasal application for unmet medical needs
- Factors affecting bioavailability and response after nasal application
- Symbiosis of formulation and device
- Identification of potential obstacles in product development
Dr Claudia Mattern, Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University, US-FL, Chief Scientific Officer, M & P Pharma AG, Switzerland
Session 3: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies
14.40 - Review of Nasal Drug Delivery Devices
- Business aspects
- Device technologies and nasal delivery systems
- Regulatory aspects
- Nasl spray characterisation
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
15.20 - Discussion
15.30 - Tea
16.00 - New Trends in Nasal Delivery with Dry Powder Formulations
- Dry powder formulations represent attractive alternatives to liquid formulations
- Systemic delivery via the nasal cavity, including pain treatments and also intra-nasal vaccination, are being investigated and developed with dry powder formulation because it offers a number of benefits like thermal and microbiologic stability and the variability of the physico-chemical properties
- Regulatory Aptar pharma offers a line of disposable primeless devices designed specifically for liquid and for dry powder formulations
- Opportunities and case studies using our Unit Dose Powder, Single Dose Device technology platform
Holger Kehrer, Business Support Manager, Aptar pharma, France
16.40 - Update on Advancia: Innovative Design Solution to Respond to New Challenges in Nasal Delivery
- Recent trends in nasal spray delivery
- Compliance, efficiency, convenience and ease of use of nasal delivery devices
- Regulatory requirement changes for nasal delivery requiring next generation devices
Pascale Farjas, Global Category Manager, Rexam Healthcare, France
17.20 - Discussion
17.30 - Close of Day One
17.30 - 18.30 Drinks Reception for Delegates and Speakers
DAY TWO - 4 April 2014
09.15 - Chairman's Review of Day One
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 4: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies (continued)
09.30 - Current Nasal Powder Technologies: The Challenge of Powder Dosing
- Dosing requirements (dosing range, target to be filled, powder properties)
- Overview dosing systems (design, functionality)
- Examples of filling equipment (developmental equipment)
- Systems for fill weight verification (IPC, PAT,..)
Marco Laackmann, Division Leader, Inhalation, Harro Höfliger, Germany
10.10 - Addressing Technical Barriers in Nasal Dry Powder Delivery
- Patient / user needs - clinical trials, comfort, understanding
- Device requirements - materials, regulatory, risks
- Formulation requirements - dosage, residence time, stability
- Product performance - deposition, particle size distribution, plume geometry, shelf life
- Commercialisation - competition, cost, IP, market need, regulatory acceptance, USP
Ian Harrison, Chief Scientific Officer, Alchemy Pharmatech, UK
10.50 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
11.30 - How Technology Can be Used to Enhance our Understanding of User Behaviour and Influence the Way we Conduct User Research
- Social Intelligence for greater product understanding
- Gaining access to the right study participants
- Field research from your desk
- Quantifying human performance
- Seeing through our users eyes
- Understanding emotional responses and states of mind
Miranda Newberry, Human Factors Consultant, PA Consulting, UK
12.10 - A Platform Approach to Developing Patient Oriented Drug Delivery Systems and Products
- This approach to the development of drug delivery technology solutions is unconventional, risky and offers tremendous potential for developing drug/device combination products that deliver unparalleled value to both the patient and the manufacturer
- This well-executed platform based approach seeks to reduce the complexity of developing new combination products without sacrificing innovation
- Progress of Mystic's drug delivery platform solutions, its capabilities, applications and the benefits for patients and Pharma/biotech manufacturers
Timothy Sullivan, President & CEO, Mystic Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA (invited)
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
Session 5: Regulatory Requirements
14.00 - EU Regulatory Requirements
- Differences between pulmonary and nasal requirements
- Bio-equivalence Representative from a Regulatory Agency, (invited)
14.40 - Discussion
Session 6: Business and Intellectual Property (IP) in Nasal Systemic Drug Delivery
14.50 - Choosing the Best Way to Finance Your Company
- First: get the business model right
- Starting out - is there easy money?
- Angels vs Dragons
- Dilutive vs non-dilutive financing
- Financing through partnering
- Planning an exit - IPO vs Trade Sale
Finton Walton, CEO, Pharma Ventures, UK
15.30 - R&D Collaborations for Drug Delivery: Legal and Contractual Issues
- The different priorities of universities, start-ups and major companies
- Benefits of term sheets / letters of intent and how to use them
- Defining the scope of the collaboration: work, field, etc.
- IP ownership and licences
- Other legal issues
Mark Anderson, Solicitor, Anderson Law LLP, UK
16.10 u Discussion
16.20 u Chairman's Concluding Remarks
16.30 u Close of Conference and Tea
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Mar. 29, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,045
Information technology (IT) advances are transforming the way we innovate in business, thereby disrupting the old guard and their predictable status-quo. It’s creating global market turbulence. Industries are converging, and new opportunities and threats are emerging, like never before. So, how are savvy chief information officers (CIOs) leading this transition? Back in 2015, the IBM Institute for Business Value conducted a market study that included the findings from over 1,800 CIO interviews ...
Mar. 29, 2017 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,390
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 29, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 9,171
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 29, 2017 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,465
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 29, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,084
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, discussed how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a practic...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 8,459
Interoute has announced the integration of its Global Cloud Infrastructure platform with Rancher Labs’ container management platform, Rancher. This approach enables enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation and infrastructure investments. Matthew Finnie, Interoute CTO commented “Enterprises developing and building apps in the cloud and those on a path to Digital Transformation need Digital ICT Infrastructure that allows them to build, test and deploy faster than ever before. The int...
Mar. 29, 2017 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,370
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Mar. 28, 2017 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,452
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,735
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,838
With the introduction of IoT and Smart Living in every aspect of our lives, one question has become relevant: What are the security implications? To answer this, first we have to look and explore the security models of the technologies that IoT is founded upon. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nevi Kaja, a Research Engineer at Ford Motor Company, will discuss some of the security challenges of the IoT infrastructure and relate how these aspects impact Smart Living. The material will be delivered i...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,223
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,335
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 28, 2017 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,496
Imagine having the ability to leverage all of your current technology and to be able to compose it into one resource pool. Now imagine, as your business grows, not having to deploy a complete new appliance to scale your infrastructure. Also imagine a true multi-cloud capability that allows live migration without any modification between cloud environments regardless of whether that cloud is your private cloud or your public AWS, Azure or Google instance. Now think of a world that is not locked i...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 456
SYS-CON Events announced today that Auditwerx will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Auditwerx specializes in SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 attestation services throughout the U.S. and Canada. As a division of Carr, Riggs & Ingram (CRI), one of the top 20 largest CPA firms nationally, you can expect the resources, skills, and experience of a much larger firm combined with the accessibility and atten...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 437