|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 07:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug) have announced the addition of the "Nasal Drug Delivery - Advances in Drug Therapies, Systemic Delivery and Device Technologies (Conference, London)" conference to their offering.
The Nasal Drug Delivery Conference will take place on the 3rd & 4th April 2014 at the Rembrandt Hotel, London
THREE REASONS TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
- Gain an update on the very latest scientific developments and technology advances in this field.
- Hear from an unrivaled panel of expert speakers.
- An excellent networking opportunity to build business relationships.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managing Directors, Medical Directors, Head of Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Senior Executives in Research and Development, Registration, Marketing and all departments that may be involved in Nasal Drug Delivery, or who wish to understand the potential of this alternative therapeutic route. Those already involved in Nasal Drug Delivery will benefit from updating their knowledge and sharing experiences with some of the leading practitioners in this field. If you are involved in Nasal Drug Delivery or are just considering the potential, this conference is an excellent route to understanding all aspects from the basic physiology through to launching a successful product.
CHAIRPERSON: Dr Rene Bommer
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Prof. Michael S Benninger
3 & 4 April 2014
3 April 2014: Start 09.30 - Finish 17.30
Drinks Reception: Start 17.30 - Finish 18.30
4 April 2014: Start 09.15 - Finish 16.30
REGISTRATION & COFFEE
3 April 2014 09.00
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
The Rembrandt Hotel, 11 Thurloe Place, London SW7 2RS
Opposite V&A Museum. Nearest underground station: South Kensington.
NOTE: Events may be cancelled due to commercial or organisational reasons. In this case Research and Markets will refund all registration fees which have already been paid. Research and Markets will not refund any charges arising from the participant having to cancel or re-book transportation or accommodation which he or she has arranged
Key Topics Covered:
DAY ONE - 3 April 2014
09.30 u Chairman's Welcome and Introduction
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 1: Advances in Drug Therapies: State of the Art
09.45 u Nasal Drugs to Treat Nasal Disorders; A Comprehensive Review
- Anatomy and physiology
- Nasal disorders
- Treatment options and future prospects to treat allergic and non-allergic Rhinitis
- Rhinosinusitis and Polyps
Professor Michael S. Benninger, Chairman, The Head and Neck Institute, Professor of Surgery, Lerner College of Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic, USA
10.45 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
Session 2: Progress in Local and Systemic Nasal Drug Delivery
11.30 - Particulate Systems for Nasal (Vaccine) Delivery
- Literature review on particulate systems for nasal delivery
- Nanoparticulate systems for direct uptake
- Particle requirements for nasal deposition
- Modification of particle surface/particle engineering
- Formulation design
- Implications in nasal vaccine development
Dr Regina Scherliess, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Department of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, Germany
12.10 - Antiviral Polymers - A Novel Concept of Intranasal Therapy Against Respiratory Viruses
- Marinomed has developed a technology for creating a protective physical barrier in the nasal cavity with antiviral polymers for the prevention and therapy of common cold and influenza
- Independent clinical trials in adults and children demonstrated that the intranasal administration of Iota-Carrageenan significantly reduced the time to disease clearance of patients with common cold and decreased the virus load in nasal lavages
- The existing product portfolio will be expanded and the new developments focus on combination products for the treatment of influenza and the prevention of virally-induced exacerbations in allergic patients
Dr Angelika Bodenteich, Head of Development, Marinomed Biotechnologie, GmbH, Germany
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
14.00 - Nasal Drug Delivery - The Technology Whose Potential Has Not Yet Been Valorised
- Current technologies for nasal drug delivery
- Nasal application for unmet medical needs
- Factors affecting bioavailability and response after nasal application
- Symbiosis of formulation and device
- Identification of potential obstacles in product development
Dr Claudia Mattern, Adjunct Professor Nova Southeastern University, US-FL, Chief Scientific Officer, M & P Pharma AG, Switzerland
Session 3: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies
14.40 - Review of Nasal Drug Delivery Devices
- Business aspects
- Device technologies and nasal delivery systems
- Regulatory aspects
- Nasl spray characterisation
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
15.20 - Discussion
15.30 - Tea
16.00 - New Trends in Nasal Delivery with Dry Powder Formulations
- Dry powder formulations represent attractive alternatives to liquid formulations
- Systemic delivery via the nasal cavity, including pain treatments and also intra-nasal vaccination, are being investigated and developed with dry powder formulation because it offers a number of benefits like thermal and microbiologic stability and the variability of the physico-chemical properties
- Regulatory Aptar pharma offers a line of disposable primeless devices designed specifically for liquid and for dry powder formulations
- Opportunities and case studies using our Unit Dose Powder, Single Dose Device technology platform
Holger Kehrer, Business Support Manager, Aptar pharma, France
16.40 - Update on Advancia: Innovative Design Solution to Respond to New Challenges in Nasal Delivery
- Recent trends in nasal spray delivery
- Compliance, efficiency, convenience and ease of use of nasal delivery devices
- Regulatory requirement changes for nasal delivery requiring next generation devices
Pascale Farjas, Global Category Manager, Rexam Healthcare, France
17.20 - Discussion
17.30 - Close of Day One
17.30 - 18.30 Drinks Reception for Delegates and Speakers
DAY TWO - 4 April 2014
09.15 - Chairman's Review of Day One
Dr René Bommer, Director, pharmAccel Consulting, Germany
Session 4: Nasal Devices, Device Testing and New Technologies (continued)
09.30 - Current Nasal Powder Technologies: The Challenge of Powder Dosing
- Dosing requirements (dosing range, target to be filled, powder properties)
- Overview dosing systems (design, functionality)
- Examples of filling equipment (developmental equipment)
- Systems for fill weight verification (IPC, PAT,..)
Marco Laackmann, Division Leader, Inhalation, Harro Höfliger, Germany
10.10 - Addressing Technical Barriers in Nasal Dry Powder Delivery
- Patient / user needs - clinical trials, comfort, understanding
- Device requirements - materials, regulatory, risks
- Formulation requirements - dosage, residence time, stability
- Product performance - deposition, particle size distribution, plume geometry, shelf life
- Commercialisation - competition, cost, IP, market need, regulatory acceptance, USP
Ian Harrison, Chief Scientific Officer, Alchemy Pharmatech, UK
10.50 - Discussion
11.00 - Coffee
11.30 - How Technology Can be Used to Enhance our Understanding of User Behaviour and Influence the Way we Conduct User Research
- Social Intelligence for greater product understanding
- Gaining access to the right study participants
- Field research from your desk
- Quantifying human performance
- Seeing through our users eyes
- Understanding emotional responses and states of mind
Miranda Newberry, Human Factors Consultant, PA Consulting, UK
12.10 - A Platform Approach to Developing Patient Oriented Drug Delivery Systems and Products
- This approach to the development of drug delivery technology solutions is unconventional, risky and offers tremendous potential for developing drug/device combination products that deliver unparalleled value to both the patient and the manufacturer
- This well-executed platform based approach seeks to reduce the complexity of developing new combination products without sacrificing innovation
- Progress of Mystic's drug delivery platform solutions, its capabilities, applications and the benefits for patients and Pharma/biotech manufacturers
Timothy Sullivan, President & CEO, Mystic Pharmaceuticals Inc., USA (invited)
12.50 - Discussion
13.00 - Lunch
Session 5: Regulatory Requirements
14.00 - EU Regulatory Requirements
- Differences between pulmonary and nasal requirements
- Bio-equivalence Representative from a Regulatory Agency, (invited)
14.40 - Discussion
Session 6: Business and Intellectual Property (IP) in Nasal Systemic Drug Delivery
14.50 - Choosing the Best Way to Finance Your Company
- First: get the business model right
- Starting out - is there easy money?
- Angels vs Dragons
- Dilutive vs non-dilutive financing
- Financing through partnering
- Planning an exit - IPO vs Trade Sale
Finton Walton, CEO, Pharma Ventures, UK
15.30 - R&D Collaborations for Drug Delivery: Legal and Contractual Issues
- The different priorities of universities, start-ups and major companies
- Benefits of term sheets / letters of intent and how to use them
- Defining the scope of the collaboration: work, field, etc.
- IP ownership and licences
- Other legal issues
Mark Anderson, Solicitor, Anderson Law LLP, UK
16.10 u Discussion
16.20 u Chairman's Concluding Remarks
16.30 u Close of Conference and Tea
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/jdzmv4/nasal_drug
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 21, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 677
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 5,774
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 5,267
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 21, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,620
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 21, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,607
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 4,378
In the next five to ten years, millions, if not billions of things will become smarter. This smartness goes beyond connected things in our homes like the fridge, thermostat and fancy lighting, and into heavily regulated industries including aerospace, pharmaceutical/medical devices and energy. “Smartness” will embed itself within individual products that are part of our daily lives. We will engage with smart products - learning from them, informing them, and communicating with them. Smart produc...
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 1,768
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 21, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 3,737
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 4,135
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,847
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed ...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 6,435
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,806
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 21, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 11,599
WebRTC sits at the intersection between VoIP and the Web. As such, it poses some interesting challenges for those developing services on top of it, but also for those who need to test and monitor these services. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Tsahi Levent-Levi, co-founder of testRTC, reviewed the various challenges posed by WebRTC when it comes to testing and monitoring and on ways to overcome them.
Jan. 21, 2017 11:15 AM EST Reads: 6,119
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions with...
Jan. 21, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,675