|By PR Newswire||
|March 13, 2014 07:50 PM EDT||
GOLD COAST, Australia, March 13, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Gregory Carroll, an enterprise risk management systems expert whose has consulted over 30+ years some of the world's largest companies and highest-security organisations, has a new book on risk management available from Amazon. Mastering 21st Century Enterprise Risk Management treats the subject not as merely a way to sidestep problems, but rather a way to add value. A free excerpt of the book is available for download at fasttrack365.com/ERM-book.
Risk management has traditionally focused on the downside—the "what if"—of risk, Carroll says. What if I get audited; will my documentation be in order? What if someone gets hurt? Risk has also traditionally been as siloed as many organizations, each functional area requiring its own unique parameters without any interaction. Different areas may even use different software.
"Modern risk management philosophy goes beyond 'staying out of trouble.' It incorporates the upside of risk—the people and process efficiencies that result when a holistic risk management framework is integrated into all aspects of the business and aligned to specific business objectives," Carroll says. "Investing in risk management, as with all other investments, must produce a return."
Mastering 21st Century Enterprise Risk Management explains why many risk management systems are broken and what needs to be done to fix them. It also explains the pitfalls to avoid when deploying an ERM system.
Carroll draws on his 30 years of experience as a business owner serving some of the largest organisations in Australia, both in the government and the private sector. But he also stays on top of current research into the subject. He notes a KPMG study published this year whose name sums up the situation: "Expectations of Risk Management Outpacing Capabilities - It's Time For Action."
Done properly, however, risk management can be a powerful tool for innovation, agility and growth. The reason few people harness this power is that they are focusing instead on administrating the process.
Carroll addresses the widespread disillusionment with risk management at C-Level particularly with enterprise risk management. With 40% of software implementation projects classed as having failed and the track record of QMS and ERM to-date, most organisations are behind the 8 ball before they start. He also explains the secrets to successfully implementing management systems in large organisations and how to achieve cultural change vital for success. Carroll then looks forward at future of risk management in the 21st century, and how it must produce a return of investment.
Mastering 21st century risk management goes beyond keeping your company on good terms with regulators. "Effective enterprise risk management takes a holistic approach to identifying, assessing and mitigating risk throughout the organization and is based on business objectives," Carroll says.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Greg Carroll (@365compliance) has 30 years' experience addressing risk management systems in life-and-death environments eg Dept. of Defence and Victorian Infectious Diseases Laboratories. He has also worked for decades with multinationals like Motorola. He is Founder and Technical Director at Fast Track, author of the ebook Mastering 21st Century Risk Management, and author of the Compliance Today blog.
ABOUT FAST TRACK (AUST) PTY LTD
- 30 year history
- 400+ installations globally
- Specialists in mission critical environments
- Defence Security Clearance
For 30 years Fast Track (Aust) Pty Ltd has specialised in regulatory compliance and enterprise risk management for medium and large organisations. The company deploys enterprise-wide solutions for Quality, Risk, Environmental, OHS, Supplier, and Innovation Management. Product and media enquiries: +61 7 5591 8977
FREE RESOURCES AVAILABLE AT HTTP://WWW.FASTTRACK365.COM
- Mastering 21st Century Enterprise Risk Management – Free Excerpt (PDF)
- 10 Essentials of Enterprise Compliance Software Handbook (PDF)
- ISO9000 Quality Management System Data Sheet (PDF)
- Audit Management Data Sheet (PDF)
- Risk Management Data Sheet (PDF)
- FastTrack.net 2013 Product Guide (PDF)
News & Commentary
- Case Studies
- Compliance Today Blog
- Company News Releases
- Customer Reviews
- Pricing Information
- Mastering 21st Century ERM Part 3: Best practices in risk management systems within large organisations.
- Mastering 21st Century ERM Part 2: Secrets to successfully implementing management systems within large organisations.
- Mastering 21st Century ERM Part 1: Firing Failed Risk Practices: The latest findings on enterprise risk management from KPMG, leading actuarial firm Milliman, and the 2013 15th OpRisk conference.
- Relationships-as-Data Architecture of Modern Enterprise Compliance Software: See an example of what's possible with our enterprise compliance system's unique data architecture.
- 2-Minute Overview of FastTrack.net Enterprise Compliance Software: Compare compliance software including solutions from Oracle, IBM, or Accenture.
- Demo of Fast Track Enterprise Compliance Software: View a demonstration of the Fast Track Governance, Risk and Compliance functions available and key product benefits.
Media Contact: Greg Carroll, Fast Track (Aust) Pty Ltd, +61 7 5591 8977, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Greg Carroll
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,011
Dec. 9, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 690
Dec. 9, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 5,135
Dec. 9, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,760
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 2,364
Dec. 9, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 469
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,460
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 398
Dec. 9, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,884
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 2,067
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,298
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,864
Dec. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 598
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,238
Dec. 9, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 984