|By PR Newswire||
|March 14, 2014 01:26 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, Mar. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rfmwp/2014_lte_pricing) has announced the addition of the "2014 LTE Pricing Strategies" report to their offering.
The 2014 4G LTE Pricing Strategies report finds that 4G pricing is transitioning to become just access method for Mobile Data, other features are required to ensure premium pricing.
The author which is an expert in international telecoms pricing, highlights the trends in 4G LTE pricing. Since 4G services were first launched from the end of 2009 onwards as a premium service, they have now become the standard for mobile data applications.
The new 2014 4G LTE Pricing Strategies' reviews the development of 4G LTE pricing for the four key regions of the EU, non-EU, Asia Pacific & Middle East regions and identifies the following main trends impacting on the MNO:
- More MNOs are now offering 4G LTE for free - From a sample of 50 MNOs who have launched 4G LTE services, some 26 per cent offered the service at the same price as 3G HSPA at launch. Since launch more MNOs have integrated 4G LTE within their existing mobile data tariff structure, with French MNOs SFR and sosh being the most recent to launch free 4G pricing on selective plans in response to competitive pressure.
- More 4G LTE bundles are now available - At initial launch in the 2010 & 2011 period, 4G LTE was available purely as a Mobile Broadband service with typically only a couple of product options. But by 2013 MNOs had introduced a wide number of 4G LTE data bundles to cover a range of price points for Smartphone and Tablet users.
- 4G LTE pricing reflects the range of 4G enabled products - More 4G LTE pricing is being introduced since 2012 to cater for Pre Pay, SIM-only & Tablet PC products with a wider range of price points and data allowances. Services are also being introduced purely for particular products - such as the Apple iPad for example.
- Selected MNOs are combining data allowances with 4G speeds* - Some MNOs are offering a mobile data tariff structure based purely on access speed, but more are offering a combination of data allowance plus 4G download speed as a premium price point, with T-Mobile Netherlands for example offering tiered 4G access speeds at a 1GB data allowance & above.
- A number of new 4G pricing models are now emerging - There remains considerable experimentation with pricing models. Some MNOs are offering 4G LTE access as an upgrade option (up from 3G HSPA speeds). Others, particularly in the Middle East, are launching 4G LTE as a Home Broadband product with a high data allowance. And in the UK, 3 out of the 4 MNOs offer "4G-ready" tariffs as a premium to 3G services, but do so with higher data allowances and bundled content & apps.
Key Topics Covered:
Section 1: Case Studies EU
LTE Strategies - Vodafone (Germany)
LTE Strategies - KPN (Netherlands)
LTE Strategies - TMN (Portugal)
LTE Strategies - EE (UK)
Section 2: Case Studies Non-EU
LTE Strategies - Megafon (Russia)
LTE Strategies - Swisscom (Switzerland)
Section 3: Case Studies Asia-Pacific
LTE Strategies - DoCoMo (Japan)
LTE Strategies - Vodafone (New Zealand)
LTE Strategies - SingTel (Singapore)
Section 4: Case Studies Middle East
LTE Strategies - Nawras (Oman)
LTE Strategies - Ooredoo (Qatar)
Section 5: LTE Case Studies Conclusions
Section 6: LTE Tariff Comparison
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7rfmwp/2014_lte_pricing
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Aug. 24, 2016 09:36 AM EDT
Aug. 24, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,489
Aug. 24, 2016 08:59 AM EDT Reads: 158
Aug. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,805
Aug. 24, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,807
Aug. 24, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,049
Aug. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,779
Aug. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,644
Aug. 24, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,728
Aug. 24, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,055
Aug. 24, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,164
Aug. 24, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,908
Akana has announced the availability of version 8 of its API Management solution. The Akana Platform provides an end-to-end API Management solution for designing, implementing, securing, managing, monitoring, and publishing APIs. It is available as a SaaS platform, on-premises, and as a hybrid deployment. Version 8 introduces a lot of new functionality, all aimed at offering customers the richest API Management capabilities in a way that is easier than ever for API and app developers to use.
Aug. 24, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,395
Kubernetes, Docker and containers are changing the world, and how companies are deploying their software and running their infrastructure. With the shift in how applications are built and deployed, new challenges must be solved. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, will discuss the implications of containerized applications/infrastructures and their impact on the enterprise. In a real world example based on Kubernetes, he will show how to ...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,264
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 24, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,858