|By Marketwired .||
|March 14, 2014 02:21 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As cloud computing continues to rapidly transform how organizations approach IT, the importance of optimizing the user experience has become paramount. To help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications, Oracle is providing a look at its User Experience (UX) strategy at the European debut of the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo. The OAUX Expo takes place in Europe on March 18, 2014, at the AMIS Services BV offices in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. Attendees will witness the new strategy first-hand, along with the comprehensive Oracle technologies that power these new experiences. In addition, attendees will see a range of user experience demonstrations of innovative new concepts for enterprise applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing the simplicity, mobility and extensibility that defines next-generation user experiences, Oracle today announced details of the first Oracle Applications User Experience Expo (OAUX) in Europe.
- Hosted by AMIS Services BV, a provider of services for Oracle technologies and Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), the OAUX Expo will take place in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands on March 18, 2014.
- The OAUX Expo will showcase the next evolution of the Oracle application user experience and will also include working demos on topics ranging from simplified UI and zero-touch interfaces to mobile platforms, Google Glass and the Tesla user experience. In addition to the demos, attendees will be able to talk to Oracle's UX R&D experts.
- The interactive expo will also include a series of short lectures that provide targeted content for audiences ranging from students looking to begin a career at Oracle to line-of-business executives, IT managers and developers.
- Senior AMIS consultants and Oracle UX management will also provide attendees with an analysis of the trends that are impacting today's cloud application development and Oracle's technologies.
- In addition, the event will include a Secret Chamber, where Oracle will allow customers, under a formal non-disclosure agreement, to see innovative user experience concepts that are being explored. If you are interested in participating in the Secret Chamber, please send an email to [email protected]
- Since 1991, AMIS has been the leading Oracle technology partner in The Netherlands, and its consultants are involved in many major Oracle implementations in the country and various groundbreaking projects worldwide.
- The OAUX Expo is free and open to the public. Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- "This event shows a unique side of Oracle Corporation: an open company that is willing to inspire and lead customers into new areas of corporate IT. We hope Oracle Corporation will continue to showcase its thought leadership." Paul Uijtewaal, CEO, AMIS Services BV
- "Our primary objective is for people to be inspired. Awed, dazzled, triggered. Have their eyes opened, to realize the importance of a great UX, to get a feel for the many ways in which the UX can be enriched -- targeting specific users, tasks and devices. Be surprised by the lead Oracle has taken in this field and by a sneak peek into the (near) future. Understand how today's technology can be leveraged for UI design -- and how tomorrow's development is going to build on that." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "For AMIS, it is important to show to our customers what can be done -- now and in the near future. We want to help them stand out with an incredible user experience, and the first step on that path is ideas and inspiration. That is what this event will bring them." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "Coming to this particular event is a commitment to your own investment in Oracle applications and technology. We are showing our partners and customers that we want them to invest in us because we are showing how we are investing in them and their success. This is about them getting solutions that will take them forward. We are investing in their employees' expectations. We are investing in their company by giving them modern systems. We are investing in their productivity by our understanding of what they need." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- AMIS and Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo
- Oracle's Cloud User Experience Strategy
The Oracle Experience
User Experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is our research and development on our applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates first the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, ranging from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then look to leverage this across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Disclaimer
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543006
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543026
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543030
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543032
By now most people have either created their configuration management solution or are just embarking on this journey. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Marco Ceppi, a DevOps Engineer working at Canonical, will discuss how to take configuration management to the next level with modelling and orchestration. He will also discuss how and why people are moving from a machine-centric view to a service/application-oriented view of deployments, and how you can leverage the knowledge a...
Oct. 25, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,896
operations aren’t merging to become one discipline. Nor is operations simply going away. Rather, DevOps is leading software development and operations – together with other practices such as security – to collaborate and coexist with less overhead and conflict than in the past. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will discuss what modern operational practices look like in a world in which applications are more loosely coupled, are deve...
Oct. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,785
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 25, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,367
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Nick Son, Vice President of Cyber Risk & Public Sector at Coalfire, will discuss the latest information on the FedRAMP Program. Topics will cover: FedRAMP Readiness Assessment Report (RAR). This new process is designed to streamline and accelerate the FedRAMP process from the traditional timeline by initially focusing on technical capability instead of documentation preparedness. FedRAMP for High-impact level systems. Early in 2016 FedRAMP officially publishe...
Oct. 25, 2016 09:42 AM EDT Reads: 114
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Oct. 25, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,584
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 25, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,064
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Oct. 25, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,946
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 16,496
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Oct. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,996
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 25, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 894
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 25, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,739
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 25, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,910
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, will draw together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established ...
Oct. 25, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,400
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,825
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 25, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 11,436