|By Marketwired .||
|March 14, 2014 02:21 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As cloud computing continues to rapidly transform how organizations approach IT, the importance of optimizing the user experience has become paramount. To help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications, Oracle is providing a look at its User Experience (UX) strategy at the European debut of the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo. The OAUX Expo takes place in Europe on March 18, 2014, at the AMIS Services BV offices in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. Attendees will witness the new strategy first-hand, along with the comprehensive Oracle technologies that power these new experiences. In addition, attendees will see a range of user experience demonstrations of innovative new concepts for enterprise applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing the simplicity, mobility and extensibility that defines next-generation user experiences, Oracle today announced details of the first Oracle Applications User Experience Expo (OAUX) in Europe.
- Hosted by AMIS Services BV, a provider of services for Oracle technologies and Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), the OAUX Expo will take place in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands on March 18, 2014.
- The OAUX Expo will showcase the next evolution of the Oracle application user experience and will also include working demos on topics ranging from simplified UI and zero-touch interfaces to mobile platforms, Google Glass and the Tesla user experience. In addition to the demos, attendees will be able to talk to Oracle's UX R&D experts.
- The interactive expo will also include a series of short lectures that provide targeted content for audiences ranging from students looking to begin a career at Oracle to line-of-business executives, IT managers and developers.
- Senior AMIS consultants and Oracle UX management will also provide attendees with an analysis of the trends that are impacting today's cloud application development and Oracle's technologies.
- In addition, the event will include a Secret Chamber, where Oracle will allow customers, under a formal non-disclosure agreement, to see innovative user experience concepts that are being explored. If you are interested in participating in the Secret Chamber, please send an email to [email protected]
- Since 1991, AMIS has been the leading Oracle technology partner in The Netherlands, and its consultants are involved in many major Oracle implementations in the country and various groundbreaking projects worldwide.
- The OAUX Expo is free and open to the public. Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- "This event shows a unique side of Oracle Corporation: an open company that is willing to inspire and lead customers into new areas of corporate IT. We hope Oracle Corporation will continue to showcase its thought leadership." Paul Uijtewaal, CEO, AMIS Services BV
- "Our primary objective is for people to be inspired. Awed, dazzled, triggered. Have their eyes opened, to realize the importance of a great UX, to get a feel for the many ways in which the UX can be enriched -- targeting specific users, tasks and devices. Be surprised by the lead Oracle has taken in this field and by a sneak peek into the (near) future. Understand how today's technology can be leveraged for UI design -- and how tomorrow's development is going to build on that." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "For AMIS, it is important to show to our customers what can be done -- now and in the near future. We want to help them stand out with an incredible user experience, and the first step on that path is ideas and inspiration. That is what this event will bring them." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "Coming to this particular event is a commitment to your own investment in Oracle applications and technology. We are showing our partners and customers that we want them to invest in us because we are showing how we are investing in them and their success. This is about them getting solutions that will take them forward. We are investing in their employees' expectations. We are investing in their company by giving them modern systems. We are investing in their productivity by our understanding of what they need." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- AMIS and Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo
- Oracle's Cloud User Experience Strategy
The Oracle Experience
User Experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is our research and development on our applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates first the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, ranging from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then look to leverage this across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Disclaimer
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543006
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543026
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543030
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543032
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,611
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,846
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 163
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:18 PM EDT Reads: 132
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,103
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,733
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,049
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,514
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 27, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 963
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 432
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Jul. 27, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 262
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 27, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,187
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 27, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 839
The competitive landscape of the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry is crowded due to the presence of a large number of players. The large number of participants has led to the fragmented nature of the market. Some of the major players operating in the global cloud computing market in the healthcare industry are Cisco Systems Inc., Carestream Health Inc., Carecloud Corp., AGFA Healthcare, IBM Corp., Cleardata Networks, Merge Healthcare Inc., Microsoft Corp., Intel Corp., an...
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,036
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 857