|By Marketwired .||
|March 14, 2014 02:21 PM EDT||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/14/14 -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
As cloud computing continues to rapidly transform how organizations approach IT, the importance of optimizing the user experience has become paramount. To help organizations deliver the best possible user experience and maximize the value of their business-critical applications, Oracle is providing a look at its User Experience (UX) strategy at the European debut of the Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo. The OAUX Expo takes place in Europe on March 18, 2014, at the AMIS Services BV offices in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands. Attendees will witness the new strategy first-hand, along with the comprehensive Oracle technologies that power these new experiences. In addition, attendees will see a range of user experience demonstrations of innovative new concepts for enterprise applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing the simplicity, mobility and extensibility that defines next-generation user experiences, Oracle today announced details of the first Oracle Applications User Experience Expo (OAUX) in Europe.
- Hosted by AMIS Services BV, a provider of services for Oracle technologies and Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), the OAUX Expo will take place in Nieuwegein, The Netherlands on March 18, 2014.
- The OAUX Expo will showcase the next evolution of the Oracle application user experience and will also include working demos on topics ranging from simplified UI and zero-touch interfaces to mobile platforms, Google Glass and the Tesla user experience. In addition to the demos, attendees will be able to talk to Oracle's UX R&D experts.
- The interactive expo will also include a series of short lectures that provide targeted content for audiences ranging from students looking to begin a career at Oracle to line-of-business executives, IT managers and developers.
- Senior AMIS consultants and Oracle UX management will also provide attendees with an analysis of the trends that are impacting today's cloud application development and Oracle's technologies.
- In addition, the event will include a Secret Chamber, where Oracle will allow customers, under a formal non-disclosure agreement, to see innovative user experience concepts that are being explored. If you are interested in participating in the Secret Chamber, please send an email to [email protected]
- Since 1991, AMIS has been the leading Oracle technology partner in The Netherlands, and its consultants are involved in many major Oracle implementations in the country and various groundbreaking projects worldwide.
- The OAUX Expo is free and open to the public. Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- "This event shows a unique side of Oracle Corporation: an open company that is willing to inspire and lead customers into new areas of corporate IT. We hope Oracle Corporation will continue to showcase its thought leadership." Paul Uijtewaal, CEO, AMIS Services BV
- "Our primary objective is for people to be inspired. Awed, dazzled, triggered. Have their eyes opened, to realize the importance of a great UX, to get a feel for the many ways in which the UX can be enriched -- targeting specific users, tasks and devices. Be surprised by the lead Oracle has taken in this field and by a sneak peek into the (near) future. Understand how today's technology can be leveraged for UI design -- and how tomorrow's development is going to build on that." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "For AMIS, it is important to show to our customers what can be done -- now and in the near future. We want to help them stand out with an incredible user experience, and the first step on that path is ideas and inspiration. That is what this event will bring them." Lucas Jellema, CTO, AMIS Services BV
- "Coming to this particular event is a commitment to your own investment in Oracle applications and technology. We are showing our partners and customers that we want them to invest in us because we are showing how we are investing in them and their success. This is about them getting solutions that will take them forward. We are investing in their employees' expectations. We are investing in their company by giving them modern systems. We are investing in their productivity by our understanding of what they need." Jeremy Ashley, Vice President, Oracle Applications User Experience
- Register to attend at www.amis.nl/userexperience.
- AMIS and Oracle Applications User Experience (OAUX) Expo
- Oracle's Cloud User Experience Strategy
The Oracle Experience
User Experience is a strategic investment area for Oracle. A clear example of this is our research and development on our applications cloud user experiences, with a focus on simplicity, mobility and extensibility. Oracle investigates first the capabilities of our next-generation cloud technology, built on Oracle Fusion Middleware, to create these product experiences, ranging from simplified UI to wearable devices. We then look to leverage this across our other product lines through user experience design patterns and associated development tools. Our goals are always to see a clear gain in end-user productivity and a return on our customers' investment in our applications and technologies.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Safe Harbor Disclaimer
The preceding is intended to outline our general product direction. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract. It is not a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. The development, release, and timing of any features or functionality described for Oracle's products remains at the sole discretion of Oracle Corporation.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543006
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543026
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543030
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2543032
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,394
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 297
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 887
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,799
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,087
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,199
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 446
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,738
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 486
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with ...
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 376
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 263
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. The DevOps approach is a way to increase business agility through collaboration, communication, and integration across different teams in the IT organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Chris Van Tuin, Chief Technologist for the Western US at Red Hat, will discuss: The acceleration of application delivery for the business with DevOps
Jul. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,113
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,049