|By Richard Schwendiman||
|March 15, 2014 08:44 PM EDT||
After receiving multiple requests for a way to report on Lync Persistent Chat Archive Data (from the mgccomp Compliance database) I decided to create this sample report. One problem with querying for this data directly from the mgccomp database is that the Persistent Chat rooms aren't listed by name and the Messages are in RTF format. This sample report will take care of all the data conversion and put that data into a presentable report. Currently this sample report will only work against Lync 2013 Persistent Chat Archiving data in the mgcomp database.
· Ability to filter data based on Start and End dates, UserURI, or Persistent Chat Room
· Export this report into CSV, PDF, and Word formats
· Currently when a file has been uploaded to the Persistent Chat room the report will show a blank space in the Messages field. This will hopefully be resolved in the next version. The plan is to include a link to where the file is stored on the Persistent Chat file store.
· SQL Mirroring support. Currently you would need to change that data source if the primary SQL server for the Persistent Chat databases fails over to mirror. Follow Step 5 from the Report Installation section to change this value.
· PDF Export doesn’t display the data correctly.
· SQL Reporting Services Server (SRSS) – if you have deployed Lync Monitoring Reports then you should be able to use that same SRSS instance
· Permissions – in order to run this report you must have permissions to query both the mgccomp (Persistent Chat Compliance) and mgc (Persistent Chat Data) databases.
1. Download and Unzip the Reports from http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Sample-Persistent-Chat-8ff37d5e. Copy the Persistent Chat Archive Report.rdl file to the SRSS server.
2. Open Report Manager on the SRSS server via https://<SRSS Server Name>/Reports
3. Click on "New Folder", give it a name e.g. "Persistent Chat Archive", and click OK
4. Click on the newly created folder and select "Upload File". Click Browse and navigate to the location you copied the zip file from Step 1. Click on the "Persistent Chat Archive Report.rdl" file and select Open. Click OK which will upload the report.
5. Configure the report to utilize your SQL servers.
a. Click on the drop-down button for the "Persistent Chat Archive Report" and select "Edit in Report Builder".
b. Expand the Data Sources folder, right click "mgccomp", and select Data Source Properties.
c. On the General tab look under the section name Connection string. Change this value to Data Source=<SQL Server FQDN\Instance>;Initial Catalog=mgccomp.
i. E.g. Data Source=FABSQL1.fabrikam.com;Initial Catalog=mgccomp
d. Click OK
e. Click Save on the toolbar or press Ctrl + S
6. Close Report Builder
1. Open Report Server on the SRSS server https://<SRSS Server Name>/ReportServer
2. Click on the directory created in step 3 during Report Installation (e.g. "Persistent Chat Archive")
3. Click on the "Persistent Chat Archive Report" link which will take you into the report
4. Default Values
a. StartDate (required)– this will pull the current date of the SRSS server and subtract 1 day
b. EndDate (required)– this will pull the current date of the SRSS server and add 1 day
c. UserURI – (NULL)
d. Persistent Chat Room – (NULL)
5. Filtering Data – you can filter data based on any of the 4 parameters above. The filters are cumulative so if you select to filter on UserURI and Persistent Chat Room the results will only show IMs by the specified user in the specified chat room.
a. UserURI – users SIP address.
b. Persistent Chat Room – exact match on the room name including spaces.
6. Results – by default the report is configured to display the results of Date Created as UTC time. You can change this to the local time zone of the report server if needed.
a. Open the report in Report Builder, right click on the field under "Date Created (UTC)", and select "Expression"
b. Under "Set expression for: Value" paste this =TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.ToLocalTime(Fields!entryDate.Value)
c. Click OK and then Save or press Ctrl + S
d. Rerun the report
i. Prior to change
ii. Post Change
7. Exporting Data to Word, XML, Excel, or CSV
a. After generating the report click on the save icon on the taskbar and choose your format.
Extreme Computing is the ability to leverage highly performant infrastructure and software to accelerate Big Data, machine learning, HPC, and Enterprise applications. High IOPS Storage, low-latency networks, in-memory databases, GPUs and other parallel accelerators are being used to achieve faster results and help businesses make better decisions. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at NVIDIA, focused on some of the unique ways extreme computing is...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:49 PM EDT Reads: 245
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,779
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 574
The best-practices for building IoT applications with Go Code that attendees can use to build their own IoT applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Indraneel Mitra, Senior Solutions Architect & Technology Evangelist at Cognizant, provided valuable information and resources for both novice and experienced developers on how to get started with IoT and Golang in a day. He also provided information on how to use Intel Arduino Kit, Go Robotics API and AWS IoT stack to build an application tha...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,136
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,136
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,789
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,047
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,273
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 579
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:41 AM EDT Reads: 309
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 814
StackIQ has announced the release of Stacki 3.2. Stacki is an easy-to-use Linux server provisioning tool. Stacki 3.2 delivers new capabilities that simplify the automation and integration of site-specific requirements. StackIQ is the commercial entity behind this open source bare metal provisioning tool. Since the release of Stacki in June of 2015, the Stacki core team has been focused on making the Community Edition meet the needs of members of the community, adding features and value, while ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 517
Big Data, cloud, analytics, contextual information, wearable tech, sensors, mobility, and WebRTC: together, these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Erik Perotti, Senior Manager of New Ventures on Plantronics’ Innovation team, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it ...
Jul. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 277
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,406