|By Richard Schwendiman||
|March 15, 2014 08:44 PM EDT||
After receiving multiple requests for a way to report on Lync Persistent Chat Archive Data (from the mgccomp Compliance database) I decided to create this sample report. One problem with querying for this data directly from the mgccomp database is that the Persistent Chat rooms aren't listed by name and the Messages are in RTF format. This sample report will take care of all the data conversion and put that data into a presentable report. Currently this sample report will only work against Lync 2013 Persistent Chat Archiving data in the mgcomp database.
· Ability to filter data based on Start and End dates, UserURI, or Persistent Chat Room
· Export this report into CSV, PDF, and Word formats
· Currently when a file has been uploaded to the Persistent Chat room the report will show a blank space in the Messages field. This will hopefully be resolved in the next version. The plan is to include a link to where the file is stored on the Persistent Chat file store.
· SQL Mirroring support. Currently you would need to change that data source if the primary SQL server for the Persistent Chat databases fails over to mirror. Follow Step 5 from the Report Installation section to change this value.
· PDF Export doesn’t display the data correctly.
· SQL Reporting Services Server (SRSS) – if you have deployed Lync Monitoring Reports then you should be able to use that same SRSS instance
· Permissions – in order to run this report you must have permissions to query both the mgccomp (Persistent Chat Compliance) and mgc (Persistent Chat Data) databases.
1. Download and Unzip the Reports from http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Sample-Persistent-Chat-8ff37d5e. Copy the Persistent Chat Archive Report.rdl file to the SRSS server.
2. Open Report Manager on the SRSS server via https://<SRSS Server Name>/Reports
3. Click on "New Folder", give it a name e.g. "Persistent Chat Archive", and click OK
4. Click on the newly created folder and select "Upload File". Click Browse and navigate to the location you copied the zip file from Step 1. Click on the "Persistent Chat Archive Report.rdl" file and select Open. Click OK which will upload the report.
5. Configure the report to utilize your SQL servers.
a. Click on the drop-down button for the "Persistent Chat Archive Report" and select "Edit in Report Builder".
b. Expand the Data Sources folder, right click "mgccomp", and select Data Source Properties.
c. On the General tab look under the section name Connection string. Change this value to Data Source=<SQL Server FQDN\Instance>;Initial Catalog=mgccomp.
i. E.g. Data Source=FABSQL1.fabrikam.com;Initial Catalog=mgccomp
d. Click OK
e. Click Save on the toolbar or press Ctrl + S
6. Close Report Builder
1. Open Report Server on the SRSS server https://<SRSS Server Name>/ReportServer
2. Click on the directory created in step 3 during Report Installation (e.g. "Persistent Chat Archive")
3. Click on the "Persistent Chat Archive Report" link which will take you into the report
4. Default Values
a. StartDate (required)– this will pull the current date of the SRSS server and subtract 1 day
b. EndDate (required)– this will pull the current date of the SRSS server and add 1 day
c. UserURI – (NULL)
d. Persistent Chat Room – (NULL)
5. Filtering Data – you can filter data based on any of the 4 parameters above. The filters are cumulative so if you select to filter on UserURI and Persistent Chat Room the results will only show IMs by the specified user in the specified chat room.
a. UserURI – users SIP address.
b. Persistent Chat Room – exact match on the room name including spaces.
6. Results – by default the report is configured to display the results of Date Created as UTC time. You can change this to the local time zone of the report server if needed.
a. Open the report in Report Builder, right click on the field under "Date Created (UTC)", and select "Expression"
b. Under "Set expression for: Value" paste this =TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.ToLocalTime(Fields!entryDate.Value)
c. Click OK and then Save or press Ctrl + S
d. Rerun the report
i. Prior to change
ii. Post Change
7. Exporting Data to Word, XML, Excel, or CSV
a. After generating the report click on the save icon on the taskbar and choose your format.
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, will explore the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and will give a real live, hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He will examine three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. This is a hands-on session that will require participants to bring their own laptops, and we will provide the rest.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 4,936
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,798
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 20, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,525
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 20, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,068
"LinearHub provides smart video conferencing, which is the Roundee service, and we archive all the video conferences and we also provide the transcript," stated Sunghyuk Kim, CEO of LinearHub, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 03:00 PM EST Reads: 1,636
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,113
Things are changing so quickly in IoT that it would take a wizard to predict which ecosystem will gain the most traction. In order for IoT to reach its potential, smart devices must be able to work together. Today, there are a slew of interoperability standards being promoted by big names to make this happen: HomeKit, Brillo and Alljoyn. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Adam Justice, vice president and general manager of Grid Connect, will review what happens when smart devices don’t work togethe...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 586
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,726
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 5,232
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 3,588
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,573
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 4,345
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,649
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 3,185
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 5,833