|By PR Newswire||
|March 17, 2014 12:53 PM EDT||
LONDON, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Natlata Partners Limited ("Natlata"), the private investment company that is the largest single shareholder in Petroneft Resources PLC ("Petroneft" or "the company") (AIM: PTR) is surprised by the Funding & Operations Update that was announced this morning by Petroneft.
On 11th March 2014 Natlata delivered a requisition for an Extraordinary General Meeting ("EGM") to be convened to give shareholders the opportunity to consider the replacement of five members of the existing board and give directions to the board to:
- investigate why Petroneft has not performed as it should (so this can be rectified for the future); and
- consider all possible options in relation to the refinancing of the loan due from Petroneft to Macquarie Bank Limited (the "Macquarie Facility"); and
- require shareholder approval for the farm out of Licence No. 61.
Over the past year we have made a number of financing proposals to Petroneft, in both writing and at a number of meetings, which we believe are in the interests of all shareholders. All have been rejected or made dependent on unrealistic conditions. Our latest proposal in January 2014 was rejected without any discussions. In the meantime the significant underperformance of Petroneft has continued. We consider that such measures that have been proposed by the existing management to address this will only cause further damage to Petroneft and its prospects.
We were surprised that no mention of the EGM requisition was made in today's announcement. We therefore ask the Board of Directors of Petroneft to clarify:
- Were the subscribers to the Placing made aware of the fact that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Was Arawak Energy made aware that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Has Macquarie Bank Limited been informed of the EGM requisition?
- Has "the large international oil and gas company" who is considering the farm out of Licence 61 been informed about the EGM requisition?
- Why is the EGM requisition not even mentioned in today's announcement?
- Why was Natlata as the largest shareholder in Petroneft, with almost three times the size of holding of any other shareholder, not consulted in relation to the proposed Placing? Had Natlata been approached we would certainly have considered participating in the Placing, and this participation might have been at a price that was more in the interests of all shareholders.
- Why is the Company paying Macquarie $2.5 million ahead of the agreed repayment schedule ($650,000 per month) when the money is needed for operations and the farmout is almost completed?
- "Under the Macquarie agreement, the bank will have the right from 15 April 2014 to ask for Licence 61 to be put up for sale in its entirety in a competitive process (as well as their other normal rights as lender) if the farmout of Licence 61 is not completed at that date." Why is the Company not considering other refinancing options available? Why did the Company agree to put Licence 61 up for sale in April 2014 whilst the loan is to be repaid in May 2014?
- We note that today's announcement describes the current production figure of 2,400 bopd as an improvement, when as recently as 30th September 2013, production of 2,500 bopd was claimed. The 100 bopd production increase from 2,300 bopd in January to current 2,400 bopd, i.e. still below September level, is attributed to successful completion of several workovers. What is the oil flow rate of well Lineynoye No.9? Why is there no impact on production figures? When does the Company expect to put the well into production?
- The winter season in Tomsk region will be over in a couple of weeks. Does the Company have all contracts and money in place for all of the necessary supplies and equipment to be moved into place in time? Has the drilling contractor been selected?
Commenting on the announcement, Maxim Korobov, Natlata's controlling shareholder, said, "Today's announcement by Petroneft demonstrates once again that the board is not acting in the best interests of either the company or all its shareholders. We therefore feel that it is only right and proper that all shareholders are given the opportunity to consider an alternative direction for their company's future at an EGM, which we firmly believe will help to recreate and exceed the significant shareholder value that has been destroyed under the existing management."
About Natlata Partners Limited
Natlata Partners is a private investment company that seeks out investments with a focus on Russia and CIS countries that appear to be distressed or are at an early stage of development and which will clearly benefit from effective management and proven sector experience. For more information about Natlata and our investments please contact [email protected]
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 26, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 942
"Avere Systems is a hybrid cloud solution provider. We have customers that want to use cloud storage and we have customers that want to take advantage of cloud compute," explained Rebecca Thompson, VP of Marketing at Avere Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,019
"We formed Formation several years ago to really address the need for bring complete modernization and software-defined storage to the more classic private cloud marketplace," stated Mark Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Formation Data Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,568
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Jul. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,792
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Jul. 26, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,416
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Jul. 26, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,887
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,529
Most organizations prioritize data security only after their data has already been compromised. Proactive prevention is important, but how can you accomplish that on a small budget? Learn how the cloud, combined with a defense and in-depth approach, creates efficiencies by transferring and assigning risk. Security requires a multi-defense approach, and an in-house team may only be able to cherry pick from the essential components. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Vlad Friedman, CEO/Founder o...
Jul. 26, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,902
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,241
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,836
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 26, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,074
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,543
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,351
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,202