|By PR Newswire||
|March 17, 2014 12:53 PM EDT||
LONDON, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Natlata Partners Limited ("Natlata"), the private investment company that is the largest single shareholder in Petroneft Resources PLC ("Petroneft" or "the company") (AIM: PTR) is surprised by the Funding & Operations Update that was announced this morning by Petroneft.
On 11th March 2014 Natlata delivered a requisition for an Extraordinary General Meeting ("EGM") to be convened to give shareholders the opportunity to consider the replacement of five members of the existing board and give directions to the board to:
- investigate why Petroneft has not performed as it should (so this can be rectified for the future); and
- consider all possible options in relation to the refinancing of the loan due from Petroneft to Macquarie Bank Limited (the "Macquarie Facility"); and
- require shareholder approval for the farm out of Licence No. 61.
Over the past year we have made a number of financing proposals to Petroneft, in both writing and at a number of meetings, which we believe are in the interests of all shareholders. All have been rejected or made dependent on unrealistic conditions. Our latest proposal in January 2014 was rejected without any discussions. In the meantime the significant underperformance of Petroneft has continued. We consider that such measures that have been proposed by the existing management to address this will only cause further damage to Petroneft and its prospects.
We were surprised that no mention of the EGM requisition was made in today's announcement. We therefore ask the Board of Directors of Petroneft to clarify:
- Were the subscribers to the Placing made aware of the fact that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Was Arawak Energy made aware that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Has Macquarie Bank Limited been informed of the EGM requisition?
- Has "the large international oil and gas company" who is considering the farm out of Licence 61 been informed about the EGM requisition?
- Why is the EGM requisition not even mentioned in today's announcement?
- Why was Natlata as the largest shareholder in Petroneft, with almost three times the size of holding of any other shareholder, not consulted in relation to the proposed Placing? Had Natlata been approached we would certainly have considered participating in the Placing, and this participation might have been at a price that was more in the interests of all shareholders.
- Why is the Company paying Macquarie $2.5 million ahead of the agreed repayment schedule ($650,000 per month) when the money is needed for operations and the farmout is almost completed?
- "Under the Macquarie agreement, the bank will have the right from 15 April 2014 to ask for Licence 61 to be put up for sale in its entirety in a competitive process (as well as their other normal rights as lender) if the farmout of Licence 61 is not completed at that date." Why is the Company not considering other refinancing options available? Why did the Company agree to put Licence 61 up for sale in April 2014 whilst the loan is to be repaid in May 2014?
- We note that today's announcement describes the current production figure of 2,400 bopd as an improvement, when as recently as 30th September 2013, production of 2,500 bopd was claimed. The 100 bopd production increase from 2,300 bopd in January to current 2,400 bopd, i.e. still below September level, is attributed to successful completion of several workovers. What is the oil flow rate of well Lineynoye No.9? Why is there no impact on production figures? When does the Company expect to put the well into production?
- The winter season in Tomsk region will be over in a couple of weeks. Does the Company have all contracts and money in place for all of the necessary supplies and equipment to be moved into place in time? Has the drilling contractor been selected?
Commenting on the announcement, Maxim Korobov, Natlata's controlling shareholder, said, "Today's announcement by Petroneft demonstrates once again that the board is not acting in the best interests of either the company or all its shareholders. We therefore feel that it is only right and proper that all shareholders are given the opportunity to consider an alternative direction for their company's future at an EGM, which we firmly believe will help to recreate and exceed the significant shareholder value that has been destroyed under the existing management."
About Natlata Partners Limited
Natlata Partners is a private investment company that seeks out investments with a focus on Russia and CIS countries that appear to be distressed or are at an early stage of development and which will clearly benefit from effective management and proven sector experience. For more information about Natlata and our investments please contact [email protected]
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 301
Five years ago development was seen as a dead-end career, now it’s anything but – with an explosion in mobile and IoT initiatives increasing the demand for skilled engineers. But apart from having a ready supply of great coders, what constitutes true ‘DevOps Royalty’? It’ll be the ability to craft resilient architectures, supportability, security everywhere across the software lifecycle. In his keynote at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Jeffrey Scheaffer, GM and SVP, Continuous Delivery Busine...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 612
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 25, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,074
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 25, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 926
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Apr. 25, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,193
Most technology leaders, contemporary and from the hardware era, are reshaping their businesses to do software in the hope of capturing value in IoT. Although IoT is relatively new in the market, it has already gone through many promotional terms such as IoE, IoX, SDX, Edge/Fog, Mist Compute, etc. Ultimately, irrespective of the name, it is about deriving value from independent software assets participating in an ecosystem as one comprehensive solution.
Apr. 25, 2017 09:39 AM EDT Reads: 132
Blockchain is a shared, secure record of exchange that establishes trust, accountability and transparency across supply chain networks. Supported by the Linux Foundation's open source, open-standards based Hyperledger Project, Blockchain has the potential to improve regulatory compliance, reduce cost and time for product recall as well as advance trade. Are you curious about Blockchain and how it can provide you with new opportunities for innovation and growth? In her session at 20th Cloud Exp...
Apr. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,707
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Apr. 25, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 261
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Apr. 25, 2017 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,004
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 806
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,942
As pervasive as cloud technology is -- and as persuasive as the arguments are for using it -- the cloud has its limits. Some companies will always have security concerns about storing data in the cloud and certain high-transaction applications will always be better suited for on-premises storage. Those statements were among the bottom-line takeaways delivered at Cloud Expo this week, a three day, bi-annual event focused on cloud technologies, adoption and associated challenges.
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,850
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Apr. 25, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 818
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 25, 2017 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 376