|By PR Newswire||
|March 17, 2014 12:53 PM EDT||
LONDON, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Natlata Partners Limited ("Natlata"), the private investment company that is the largest single shareholder in Petroneft Resources PLC ("Petroneft" or "the company") (AIM: PTR) is surprised by the Funding & Operations Update that was announced this morning by Petroneft.
On 11th March 2014 Natlata delivered a requisition for an Extraordinary General Meeting ("EGM") to be convened to give shareholders the opportunity to consider the replacement of five members of the existing board and give directions to the board to:
- investigate why Petroneft has not performed as it should (so this can be rectified for the future); and
- consider all possible options in relation to the refinancing of the loan due from Petroneft to Macquarie Bank Limited (the "Macquarie Facility"); and
- require shareholder approval for the farm out of Licence No. 61.
Over the past year we have made a number of financing proposals to Petroneft, in both writing and at a number of meetings, which we believe are in the interests of all shareholders. All have been rejected or made dependent on unrealistic conditions. Our latest proposal in January 2014 was rejected without any discussions. In the meantime the significant underperformance of Petroneft has continued. We consider that such measures that have been proposed by the existing management to address this will only cause further damage to Petroneft and its prospects.
We were surprised that no mention of the EGM requisition was made in today's announcement. We therefore ask the Board of Directors of Petroneft to clarify:
- Were the subscribers to the Placing made aware of the fact that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Was Arawak Energy made aware that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Has Macquarie Bank Limited been informed of the EGM requisition?
- Has "the large international oil and gas company" who is considering the farm out of Licence 61 been informed about the EGM requisition?
- Why is the EGM requisition not even mentioned in today's announcement?
- Why was Natlata as the largest shareholder in Petroneft, with almost three times the size of holding of any other shareholder, not consulted in relation to the proposed Placing? Had Natlata been approached we would certainly have considered participating in the Placing, and this participation might have been at a price that was more in the interests of all shareholders.
- Why is the Company paying Macquarie $2.5 million ahead of the agreed repayment schedule ($650,000 per month) when the money is needed for operations and the farmout is almost completed?
- "Under the Macquarie agreement, the bank will have the right from 15 April 2014 to ask for Licence 61 to be put up for sale in its entirety in a competitive process (as well as their other normal rights as lender) if the farmout of Licence 61 is not completed at that date." Why is the Company not considering other refinancing options available? Why did the Company agree to put Licence 61 up for sale in April 2014 whilst the loan is to be repaid in May 2014?
- We note that today's announcement describes the current production figure of 2,400 bopd as an improvement, when as recently as 30th September 2013, production of 2,500 bopd was claimed. The 100 bopd production increase from 2,300 bopd in January to current 2,400 bopd, i.e. still below September level, is attributed to successful completion of several workovers. What is the oil flow rate of well Lineynoye No.9? Why is there no impact on production figures? When does the Company expect to put the well into production?
- The winter season in Tomsk region will be over in a couple of weeks. Does the Company have all contracts and money in place for all of the necessary supplies and equipment to be moved into place in time? Has the drilling contractor been selected?
Commenting on the announcement, Maxim Korobov, Natlata's controlling shareholder, said, "Today's announcement by Petroneft demonstrates once again that the board is not acting in the best interests of either the company or all its shareholders. We therefore feel that it is only right and proper that all shareholders are given the opportunity to consider an alternative direction for their company's future at an EGM, which we firmly believe will help to recreate and exceed the significant shareholder value that has been destroyed under the existing management."
About Natlata Partners Limited
Natlata Partners is a private investment company that seeks out investments with a focus on Russia and CIS countries that appear to be distressed or are at an early stage of development and which will clearly benefit from effective management and proven sector experience. For more information about Natlata and our investments please contact [email protected]
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 467
For IoT to grow as quickly as analyst firms’ project, a lot is going to fall on developers to quickly bring applications to market. But the lack of a standard development platform threatens to slow growth and make application development more time consuming and costly, much like we’ve seen in the mobile space. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mike Weiner, Product Manager of the Omega DevCloud with KORE Telematics Inc., discussed the evolving requirements for developers as IoT matures and conducte...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 342
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Aug. 2, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 152
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,695
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Aug. 2, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 169
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 174
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 668
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 495
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 526
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 190
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 221
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Aug. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 329
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 399
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 196
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Aug. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 321