|By PR Newswire||
|March 17, 2014 12:53 PM EDT||
LONDON, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Natlata Partners Limited ("Natlata"), the private investment company that is the largest single shareholder in Petroneft Resources PLC ("Petroneft" or "the company") (AIM: PTR) is surprised by the Funding & Operations Update that was announced this morning by Petroneft.
On 11th March 2014 Natlata delivered a requisition for an Extraordinary General Meeting ("EGM") to be convened to give shareholders the opportunity to consider the replacement of five members of the existing board and give directions to the board to:
- investigate why Petroneft has not performed as it should (so this can be rectified for the future); and
- consider all possible options in relation to the refinancing of the loan due from Petroneft to Macquarie Bank Limited (the "Macquarie Facility"); and
- require shareholder approval for the farm out of Licence No. 61.
Over the past year we have made a number of financing proposals to Petroneft, in both writing and at a number of meetings, which we believe are in the interests of all shareholders. All have been rejected or made dependent on unrealistic conditions. Our latest proposal in January 2014 was rejected without any discussions. In the meantime the significant underperformance of Petroneft has continued. We consider that such measures that have been proposed by the existing management to address this will only cause further damage to Petroneft and its prospects.
We were surprised that no mention of the EGM requisition was made in today's announcement. We therefore ask the Board of Directors of Petroneft to clarify:
- Were the subscribers to the Placing made aware of the fact that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Was Arawak Energy made aware that Natlata had requisitioned an EGM?
- Has Macquarie Bank Limited been informed of the EGM requisition?
- Has "the large international oil and gas company" who is considering the farm out of Licence 61 been informed about the EGM requisition?
- Why is the EGM requisition not even mentioned in today's announcement?
- Why was Natlata as the largest shareholder in Petroneft, with almost three times the size of holding of any other shareholder, not consulted in relation to the proposed Placing? Had Natlata been approached we would certainly have considered participating in the Placing, and this participation might have been at a price that was more in the interests of all shareholders.
- Why is the Company paying Macquarie $2.5 million ahead of the agreed repayment schedule ($650,000 per month) when the money is needed for operations and the farmout is almost completed?
- "Under the Macquarie agreement, the bank will have the right from 15 April 2014 to ask for Licence 61 to be put up for sale in its entirety in a competitive process (as well as their other normal rights as lender) if the farmout of Licence 61 is not completed at that date." Why is the Company not considering other refinancing options available? Why did the Company agree to put Licence 61 up for sale in April 2014 whilst the loan is to be repaid in May 2014?
- We note that today's announcement describes the current production figure of 2,400 bopd as an improvement, when as recently as 30th September 2013, production of 2,500 bopd was claimed. The 100 bopd production increase from 2,300 bopd in January to current 2,400 bopd, i.e. still below September level, is attributed to successful completion of several workovers. What is the oil flow rate of well Lineynoye No.9? Why is there no impact on production figures? When does the Company expect to put the well into production?
- The winter season in Tomsk region will be over in a couple of weeks. Does the Company have all contracts and money in place for all of the necessary supplies and equipment to be moved into place in time? Has the drilling contractor been selected?
Commenting on the announcement, Maxim Korobov, Natlata's controlling shareholder, said, "Today's announcement by Petroneft demonstrates once again that the board is not acting in the best interests of either the company or all its shareholders. We therefore feel that it is only right and proper that all shareholders are given the opportunity to consider an alternative direction for their company's future at an EGM, which we firmly believe will help to recreate and exceed the significant shareholder value that has been destroyed under the existing management."
About Natlata Partners Limited
Natlata Partners is a private investment company that seeks out investments with a focus on Russia and CIS countries that appear to be distressed or are at an early stage of development and which will clearly benefit from effective management and proven sector experience. For more information about Natlata and our investments please contact [email protected]
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,962
Enterprises have been using both Big Data and virtualization for years. Until recently, however, most enterprises have not combined the two. Big Data's demands for higher levels of performance, the ability to control quality-of-service (QoS), and the ability to adhere to SLAs have kept it on bare metal, apart from the modern data center cloud. With recent technology innovations, we've seen the advantages of bare metal erode to such a degree that the enhanced flexibility and reduced costs that cl...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 641
“Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CloudBerry Backup is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,536
In the next forty months – just over three years – businesses will undergo extraordinary changes. The exponential growth of digitization and machine learning will see a step function change in how businesses create value, satisfy customers, and outperform their competition. In the next forty months companies will take the actions that will see them get to the next level of the game called Capitalism. Or they won’t – game over. The winners of today and tomorrow think differently, follow different...
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,145
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,140
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,781
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,178
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,386
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,366
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,223
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,209
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,520
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,261
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and deve...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,626
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,454