|By Marketwired .||
|March 18, 2014 08:02 AM EDT||
LOS ANGELES, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 03/18/14 -- JDate.com, the iconic community responsible for more Jewish marriages than all other dating sites combined, today launched its second annual Haggadah, available for the first time as a free download on iBooks. Why is this Haggadah different from all other Haggadahs? The interactive Haggadah (iHaggadah), out in time for Passover (April 14 to April 22), will bring humor and originality to the Seder, giving the traditional story a modern flair.
"With pop culture references, a splash of Jewish humor and lots of interactive surprises, you can be sure no one will fall asleep at your Passover Seder this year," said Greg Liberman, Chairman and CEO of Spark Networks®, the company that owns and operates JDate. "Our iHaggadah is easily accessible for anyone with a smart phone or tablet, which brings the ancient text into the 21st century."
With references to Beyoncé, Jonah Hill, hipsters, Miley Cyrus and more, JDate has created a Haggadah that is both quirky and relevant while still staying true to the important history and meaning of Passover. Listed below are a few highlights from the 30-page iHaggadah created by JDate:
- Find the afikomen: Much like the customary search for the afikomen towards the end of the Passover Seder, users are challenged to scour the pages of JDate's iHaggadah to find the missing piece of digital matzah. The first 18 people to find the afikomen will be eligible to win a free 1-month credit on JDate.
- Interactive functions: For the first time, JDate's Haggadah is available as an interactive iBook. Users are encouraged to play with and explore the various functions such as a clickable Seder plate, several hidden sound effects and pop-up Hebrew prayers.
- The 10 "First World Problem" plagues: The 10 plagues are an integral part of the story of Passover, but JDate has created a contemporary, more relatable version, dubbed "First World Problems," such as cold showers, a cracked phone screen and slow Internet. Now those are some present-day plagues!
- JDate profiles for Moses, the Pharaoh and more: Ever wonder what Moses's JDate profile would look like? The iHaggadah includes JDate profiles for four Passover character staples, including Moses, the Pharaoh and the Pharaoh's daughter [who's the 4th? Elijah?]. Each profile features farcical essays and a profile photo. JDate members also have the chance to engage further by "flirting," "favoriting" or messaging each fully functioning profile within the iHaggadah. JDate members may even stumble upon these Passover profiles while perusing the site as all four are live and searchable on JDate.com.
- Chametz lease agreement: As Passover begins, it is customary to abstain from eating any grain-based food that has been allowed to ferment or rise, also known as Chametz. For those not looking to part with their Chametz indefinitely, JDate has incorporated a downloadable Chametz lease agreement into its iHaggadah. This agreement can be filled out and emailed to a non-observing friend or relative to ensure the safekeeping of Chametz until the conclusion of Passover.
The fully functional iHaggadah can be downloaded on any iOS device. For those using other operating systems, a PDF version is also available at www.jdate.com/haggadah.
For more information, or to arrange an interview with a JDate spokesperson, contact [email protected].
With more than 750,000 active members worldwide, JDate® (www.JDate.com, www.JDate.co.uk, www.JDate.co.il and www.JDate.fr) is the leading online community for Jewish singles, responsible for more Jewish marriages than all other dating sites combined. JDate is owned and operated by Spark Networks®, Inc. (www.spark.net), whose mission is to create iconic, niche-focused brands that build and strengthen the communities they serve. Spark Networks' shares trade on the NYSE MKT under the symbol "LOV" (NYSE MKT: LOV). In addition to JDate, the Spark Networks portfolio of consumer websites includes, among other brands, ChristianMingle® (www.ChristianMingle.com).
iBook is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Formula PR for JDate
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 240
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 524
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 264
Oct. 10, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 808
Oct. 10, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 724
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 599
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 518
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 593
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 755
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 331
Oct. 10, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 772
Interested in leveraging automation technologies and a cloud architecture to make developers more productive? Learn how PaaS can benefit your organization to help you streamline your application development, allow you to use existing infrastructure and improve operational efficiencies. Begin charting your path to PaaS with OpenShift Enterprise.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 583
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 657
Between the compelling mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at DevOps Summit, Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how busine...
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 316
SYS-CON Events announced today that Spirent Communications, the leader in testing navigation and positioning systems, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Spirent Communications enables innovations in communications technologies that help connect people. Whether it is service provider, data centers, enterprise IT networks, mobile communications, connected vehicles or the Inte...
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 206