|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
Samsung Canada continues to innovate its selection of mobile devices and wearables, providing Canadians with a broad variety of cutting edge technology that features superior performance and sleek design
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of mobile phones and wearable technology, today announced the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit. Recently announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the 5th generation of the iconic GALAXY S series along with the new Gear products will land in Canada on April 11th featuring beautiful design and intuitive technology that truly benefits consumers.
"We are excited to introduce the GALAXY S5, a device that has been designed for what matters most to Canadians, along with our industry changing wearables, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit," said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobilie Solutions, Samsung Canada. "We are at the forefront of wearable technology and we are very proud of our continued innovation and leadership in this space. We are confident that the GALAXY S5 and new Gear devices will create buzz with Canadians by providing them with the technology that allows them to Play More, Do More and Share More."
Featuring a modern spin on the iconic GALAXY design, the GALAXY S5 is dust and water resistent and includes beneficial features such as a 5.1" full HD screen, an advanced 16MP camera, enhanced Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, S Health 3.0 and a new finger scanner technology. Additionally, building on the success of its predecessor, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are sylish and customizble wearables that bring smart freedom and convenience to the next level.
Get ahead of the trend with Samsung GALAXY S5
- Share all those trending moments: The GALAXY S5 features a 16MP camera with the world's fastest autofocus speed of up to 0.3 seconds and offers advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) as well as a Selective Focus feature that allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background.
- Watch your favourite movies and play your favourite games : Featuring the most advanced LTE and Wi-Fi performance available today, the GALAXY S5 ensures blazing fast data speeds for unrivaled media consumption and productivity. For consumers seeking an even faster connection, the GALAXY S5 now features Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi® technology for boosting data speed by combining the connectivity of Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
- Stick to your fitness goals: S Health 3.0 offers consumers a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior with tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate sensor. Additionally, GALAXY S5 users can customize their experience with an enriched third party app ecosystem and the ability to pair with next generation Gear products for real-time fitness tracking.
- Protect your device: The GALAXY S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. It also has a fingerprint scanner, providing a biometric screen locking feature. Additionally, the Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption (when needed), allowing you to stay connected.
On the Go with the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo
- Show off your stylish side: The new lightweight designs, premium fininishes, customizable homescreen and interchangeable straps make the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo an excellent fit in every wardrobe.
- Always stay in touch: The Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allow users to accept or ignore incoming calls and messages and provide instant notification options based on a user's activity and habits. As the first wearables powered by the Tizen platform, these Gears connect to a wide variety of Samsung devices and allow users to access an enriched application ecosystem.
- Go for a run: Monitor your heart rate and enjoy music on the go with the addition of a standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset.
Get active with the Samsung Gear Fit
- Get ahead of the curve: The Gear Fit, which comes with interchangeable straps, is the industry's first curved, Super AMOLED wearable device for the active consumer.
- Get fit: Designed to serve as both a Samsung mobile companion device as well as a standalone personal fitness wearable, the Gear Fit has a built-in heart rate sensor, a pedometer and a stopwatch helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- More than just a fitness band: Like other products in the Gear line, the Gear Fit offers instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as incoming calls, emails, SMS, alarm, S-planner and 3rd party apps while consumers are on the move so they can stay connected.
The GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit will be avaible in Canada April 11th.
The GALAXY S5 features a perforated pattern design on the back cover and will come in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White. The Gear 2 will come in Charcoal Black, Gold Brown, Wild Orange, Gear 2 Neo will come in Charcoal Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange and the Gear Fit will come in Charcoal Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered across multiple carriers who will announce pricing and plans in the coming days. Pre-order and pre-registration options are also being offered by many of our carrier and retail partners. Customers in Vancover and Edmonton can check out the Samsung Experience Store, where the device will retail for $229 on select plans.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected in 2013 as one of Strategy Magazine's Brands of the Year, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands and was named as one of Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:30 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitachi, the leading provider the Internet of Things and Digital Transformation, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., offers an integrated portfolio of services and solutions that enable digital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics. We help globa...
Apr. 25, 2017 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 762
In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Scott Davis, CTO of Embotics, will discuss how automation can provide the dynamic management required to cost-effectively deliver microservices and container solutions at scale. He will discuss how flexible automation is the key to effectively bridging and seamlessly coordinating both IT and developer needs for component orchestration across disparate clouds – an increasingly important requirement at today’s multi-cloud enterprise.
Apr. 25, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,261
Developers want to create better apps faster. Static clouds are giving way to scalable systems, with dynamic resource allocation and application monitoring. You won't hear that chant from users on any picket line, but helping developers to create better apps faster is the mission of Lee Atchison, principal cloud architect and advocate at New Relic Inc., based in San Francisco. His singular job is to understand and drive the industry in the areas of cloud architecture, microservices, scalability ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,346
SYS-CON Events announced today that CollabNet, a global leader in enterprise software development, release automation and DevOps solutions, will be a Bronze Sponsor of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, taking place from June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. CollabNet offers a broad range of solutions with the mission of helping modern organizations deliver quality software at speed. The company’s latest innovation, the DevOps Lifecycle Manager (DLM), supports Value S...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 148
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Apr. 25, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 803
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in compute, storage and networking technologies, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,984
Join IBM November 2 at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, and learn how to go beyond multi-speed it to bring agility to traditional enterprise applications. Technology innovation is the driving force behind modern business and enterprises must respond by increasing the speed and efficiency of software delivery. The challenge is that existing enterprise applications are expensive to develop and difficult to modernize. This often results in what Gartner calls ...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,989
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,991
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Apr. 25, 2017 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 162
With billions of sensors deployed worldwide, the amount of machine-generated data will soon exceed what our networks can handle. But consumers and businesses will expect seamless experiences and real-time responsiveness. What does this mean for IoT devices and the infrastructure that supports them? More of the data will need to be handled at - or closer to - the devices themselves.
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 189
New competitors, disruptive technologies, and growing expectations are pushing every business to both adopt and deliver new digital services. This ‘Digital Transformation’ demands rapid delivery and continuous iteration of new competitive services via multiple channels, which in turn demands new service delivery techniques – including DevOps. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit 20th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Co-Chair Andi Mann, panelists will examine how DevOps helps to meet th...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 948
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Analytic. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Apr. 25, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 799
Building a cross-cloud operational model can be a daunting task. Per-cloud silos are not the answer, but neither is a fully generic abstraction plane that strips out capabilities unique to a particular provider. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Wolf, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Global Field & Industry at VMware, will discuss how successful organizations approach cloud operations and management, with insights into where operations should be centralized and when it’s best to decentraliz...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 179
Judith Hurwitz is president and CEO of Hurwitz & Associates, a Needham, Mass., research and consulting firm focused on emerging technology, including big data, cognitive computing and governance. She is co-author of the book Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics, published in 2015. Her Cloud Expo session, "What Is the Business Imperative for Cognitive Computing?" is scheduled for Wednesday, June 8, at 8:40 a.m. In it, she puts cognitive computing into perspective with its value to the busin...
Apr. 25, 2017 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,562