|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
Samsung Canada continues to innovate its selection of mobile devices and wearables, providing Canadians with a broad variety of cutting edge technology that features superior performance and sleek design
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of mobile phones and wearable technology, today announced the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit. Recently announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the 5th generation of the iconic GALAXY S series along with the new Gear products will land in Canada on April 11th featuring beautiful design and intuitive technology that truly benefits consumers.
"We are excited to introduce the GALAXY S5, a device that has been designed for what matters most to Canadians, along with our industry changing wearables, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit," said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobilie Solutions, Samsung Canada. "We are at the forefront of wearable technology and we are very proud of our continued innovation and leadership in this space. We are confident that the GALAXY S5 and new Gear devices will create buzz with Canadians by providing them with the technology that allows them to Play More, Do More and Share More."
Featuring a modern spin on the iconic GALAXY design, the GALAXY S5 is dust and water resistent and includes beneficial features such as a 5.1" full HD screen, an advanced 16MP camera, enhanced Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, S Health 3.0 and a new finger scanner technology. Additionally, building on the success of its predecessor, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are sylish and customizble wearables that bring smart freedom and convenience to the next level.
Get ahead of the trend with Samsung GALAXY S5
- Share all those trending moments: The GALAXY S5 features a 16MP camera with the world's fastest autofocus speed of up to 0.3 seconds and offers advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) as well as a Selective Focus feature that allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background.
- Watch your favourite movies and play your favourite games : Featuring the most advanced LTE and Wi-Fi performance available today, the GALAXY S5 ensures blazing fast data speeds for unrivaled media consumption and productivity. For consumers seeking an even faster connection, the GALAXY S5 now features Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi® technology for boosting data speed by combining the connectivity of Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
- Stick to your fitness goals: S Health 3.0 offers consumers a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior with tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate sensor. Additionally, GALAXY S5 users can customize their experience with an enriched third party app ecosystem and the ability to pair with next generation Gear products for real-time fitness tracking.
- Protect your device: The GALAXY S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. It also has a fingerprint scanner, providing a biometric screen locking feature. Additionally, the Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption (when needed), allowing you to stay connected.
On the Go with the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo
- Show off your stylish side: The new lightweight designs, premium fininishes, customizable homescreen and interchangeable straps make the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo an excellent fit in every wardrobe.
- Always stay in touch: The Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allow users to accept or ignore incoming calls and messages and provide instant notification options based on a user's activity and habits. As the first wearables powered by the Tizen platform, these Gears connect to a wide variety of Samsung devices and allow users to access an enriched application ecosystem.
- Go for a run: Monitor your heart rate and enjoy music on the go with the addition of a standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset.
Get active with the Samsung Gear Fit
- Get ahead of the curve: The Gear Fit, which comes with interchangeable straps, is the industry's first curved, Super AMOLED wearable device for the active consumer.
- Get fit: Designed to serve as both a Samsung mobile companion device as well as a standalone personal fitness wearable, the Gear Fit has a built-in heart rate sensor, a pedometer and a stopwatch helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- More than just a fitness band: Like other products in the Gear line, the Gear Fit offers instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as incoming calls, emails, SMS, alarm, S-planner and 3rd party apps while consumers are on the move so they can stay connected.
The GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit will be avaible in Canada April 11th.
The GALAXY S5 features a perforated pattern design on the back cover and will come in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White. The Gear 2 will come in Charcoal Black, Gold Brown, Wild Orange, Gear 2 Neo will come in Charcoal Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange and the Gear Fit will come in Charcoal Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered across multiple carriers who will announce pricing and plans in the coming days. Pre-order and pre-registration options are also being offered by many of our carrier and retail partners. Customers in Vancover and Edmonton can check out the Samsung Experience Store, where the device will retail for $229 on select plans.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected in 2013 as one of Strategy Magazine's Brands of the Year, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands and was named as one of Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,243
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,315
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,572
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,634
Large scale deployments present unique planning challenges, system commissioning hurdles between IT and OT and demand careful system hand-off orchestration. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Smith, Senior Director and a founding member of Incenergy, will discuss some of the key tactics to ensure delivery success based on his experience of the last two years deploying Industrial IoT systems across four continents.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,616
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,791
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,538
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 28, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,400
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jul. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,052
The IETF draft standard for M2M certificates is a security solution specifically designed for the demanding needs of IoT/M2M applications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Romansky, VP of Strategic Technology at TrustPoint Innovation, explained how M2M certificates can efficiently enable confidentiality, integrity, and authenticity on highly constrained devices.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 28, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 842
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,619
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,245
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,410
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,016