|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
Samsung Canada continues to innovate its selection of mobile devices and wearables, providing Canadians with a broad variety of cutting edge technology that features superior performance and sleek design
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of mobile phones and wearable technology, today announced the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit. Recently announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the 5th generation of the iconic GALAXY S series along with the new Gear products will land in Canada on April 11th featuring beautiful design and intuitive technology that truly benefits consumers.
"We are excited to introduce the GALAXY S5, a device that has been designed for what matters most to Canadians, along with our industry changing wearables, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit," said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobilie Solutions, Samsung Canada. "We are at the forefront of wearable technology and we are very proud of our continued innovation and leadership in this space. We are confident that the GALAXY S5 and new Gear devices will create buzz with Canadians by providing them with the technology that allows them to Play More, Do More and Share More."
Featuring a modern spin on the iconic GALAXY design, the GALAXY S5 is dust and water resistent and includes beneficial features such as a 5.1" full HD screen, an advanced 16MP camera, enhanced Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, S Health 3.0 and a new finger scanner technology. Additionally, building on the success of its predecessor, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are sylish and customizble wearables that bring smart freedom and convenience to the next level.
Get ahead of the trend with Samsung GALAXY S5
- Share all those trending moments: The GALAXY S5 features a 16MP camera with the world's fastest autofocus speed of up to 0.3 seconds and offers advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) as well as a Selective Focus feature that allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background.
- Watch your favourite movies and play your favourite games : Featuring the most advanced LTE and Wi-Fi performance available today, the GALAXY S5 ensures blazing fast data speeds for unrivaled media consumption and productivity. For consumers seeking an even faster connection, the GALAXY S5 now features Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi® technology for boosting data speed by combining the connectivity of Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
- Stick to your fitness goals: S Health 3.0 offers consumers a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior with tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate sensor. Additionally, GALAXY S5 users can customize their experience with an enriched third party app ecosystem and the ability to pair with next generation Gear products for real-time fitness tracking.
- Protect your device: The GALAXY S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. It also has a fingerprint scanner, providing a biometric screen locking feature. Additionally, the Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption (when needed), allowing you to stay connected.
On the Go with the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo
- Show off your stylish side: The new lightweight designs, premium fininishes, customizable homescreen and interchangeable straps make the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo an excellent fit in every wardrobe.
- Always stay in touch: The Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allow users to accept or ignore incoming calls and messages and provide instant notification options based on a user's activity and habits. As the first wearables powered by the Tizen platform, these Gears connect to a wide variety of Samsung devices and allow users to access an enriched application ecosystem.
- Go for a run: Monitor your heart rate and enjoy music on the go with the addition of a standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset.
Get active with the Samsung Gear Fit
- Get ahead of the curve: The Gear Fit, which comes with interchangeable straps, is the industry's first curved, Super AMOLED wearable device for the active consumer.
- Get fit: Designed to serve as both a Samsung mobile companion device as well as a standalone personal fitness wearable, the Gear Fit has a built-in heart rate sensor, a pedometer and a stopwatch helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- More than just a fitness band: Like other products in the Gear line, the Gear Fit offers instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as incoming calls, emails, SMS, alarm, S-planner and 3rd party apps while consumers are on the move so they can stay connected.
The GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit will be avaible in Canada April 11th.
The GALAXY S5 features a perforated pattern design on the back cover and will come in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White. The Gear 2 will come in Charcoal Black, Gold Brown, Wild Orange, Gear 2 Neo will come in Charcoal Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange and the Gear Fit will come in Charcoal Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered across multiple carriers who will announce pricing and plans in the coming days. Pre-order and pre-registration options are also being offered by many of our carrier and retail partners. Customers in Vancover and Edmonton can check out the Samsung Experience Store, where the device will retail for $229 on select plans.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected in 2013 as one of Strategy Magazine's Brands of the Year, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands and was named as one of Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 340
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 30, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 364
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 131
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 460
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 149
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 184
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 215
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 281
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 265
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 170
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 433
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 873
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Trel...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 224
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 225
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 337