|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
Samsung Canada continues to innovate its selection of mobile devices and wearables, providing Canadians with a broad variety of cutting edge technology that features superior performance and sleek design
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of mobile phones and wearable technology, today announced the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit. Recently announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the 5th generation of the iconic GALAXY S series along with the new Gear products will land in Canada on April 11th featuring beautiful design and intuitive technology that truly benefits consumers.
"We are excited to introduce the GALAXY S5, a device that has been designed for what matters most to Canadians, along with our industry changing wearables, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit," said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobilie Solutions, Samsung Canada. "We are at the forefront of wearable technology and we are very proud of our continued innovation and leadership in this space. We are confident that the GALAXY S5 and new Gear devices will create buzz with Canadians by providing them with the technology that allows them to Play More, Do More and Share More."
Featuring a modern spin on the iconic GALAXY design, the GALAXY S5 is dust and water resistent and includes beneficial features such as a 5.1" full HD screen, an advanced 16MP camera, enhanced Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, S Health 3.0 and a new finger scanner technology. Additionally, building on the success of its predecessor, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are sylish and customizble wearables that bring smart freedom and convenience to the next level.
Get ahead of the trend with Samsung GALAXY S5
- Share all those trending moments: The GALAXY S5 features a 16MP camera with the world's fastest autofocus speed of up to 0.3 seconds and offers advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) as well as a Selective Focus feature that allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background.
- Watch your favourite movies and play your favourite games : Featuring the most advanced LTE and Wi-Fi performance available today, the GALAXY S5 ensures blazing fast data speeds for unrivaled media consumption and productivity. For consumers seeking an even faster connection, the GALAXY S5 now features Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi® technology for boosting data speed by combining the connectivity of Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
- Stick to your fitness goals: S Health 3.0 offers consumers a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior with tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate sensor. Additionally, GALAXY S5 users can customize their experience with an enriched third party app ecosystem and the ability to pair with next generation Gear products for real-time fitness tracking.
- Protect your device: The GALAXY S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. It also has a fingerprint scanner, providing a biometric screen locking feature. Additionally, the Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption (when needed), allowing you to stay connected.
On the Go with the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo
- Show off your stylish side: The new lightweight designs, premium fininishes, customizable homescreen and interchangeable straps make the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo an excellent fit in every wardrobe.
- Always stay in touch: The Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allow users to accept or ignore incoming calls and messages and provide instant notification options based on a user's activity and habits. As the first wearables powered by the Tizen platform, these Gears connect to a wide variety of Samsung devices and allow users to access an enriched application ecosystem.
- Go for a run: Monitor your heart rate and enjoy music on the go with the addition of a standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset.
Get active with the Samsung Gear Fit
- Get ahead of the curve: The Gear Fit, which comes with interchangeable straps, is the industry's first curved, Super AMOLED wearable device for the active consumer.
- Get fit: Designed to serve as both a Samsung mobile companion device as well as a standalone personal fitness wearable, the Gear Fit has a built-in heart rate sensor, a pedometer and a stopwatch helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- More than just a fitness band: Like other products in the Gear line, the Gear Fit offers instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as incoming calls, emails, SMS, alarm, S-planner and 3rd party apps while consumers are on the move so they can stay connected.
The GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit will be avaible in Canada April 11th.
The GALAXY S5 features a perforated pattern design on the back cover and will come in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White. The Gear 2 will come in Charcoal Black, Gold Brown, Wild Orange, Gear 2 Neo will come in Charcoal Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange and the Gear Fit will come in Charcoal Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered across multiple carriers who will announce pricing and plans in the coming days. Pre-order and pre-registration options are also being offered by many of our carrier and retail partners. Customers in Vancover and Edmonton can check out the Samsung Experience Store, where the device will retail for $229 on select plans.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected in 2013 as one of Strategy Magazine's Brands of the Year, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands and was named as one of Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,593
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,908
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 702
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,481
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 731
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,646
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,412
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 838
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 674
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,950
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 687
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,119
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 28, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 847
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,021
As the world moves toward more DevOps and Microservices, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. The Microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, NetFlix and so on, is at the heart of Cloud Foundry - a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is IaaS agnostic and supports vCloud, OpenStack and AWS. Serverless computing is revolutionizing computing. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Raghav...
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 883