|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 09:05 AM EDT||
Samsung Canada continues to innovate its selection of mobile devices and wearables, providing Canadians with a broad variety of cutting edge technology that features superior performance and sleek design
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 18, 2014 /CNW/ - Samsung Canada, a leading supplier of mobile phones and wearable technology, today announced the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit. Recently announced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the 5th generation of the iconic GALAXY S series along with the new Gear products will land in Canada on April 11th featuring beautiful design and intuitive technology that truly benefits consumers.
"We are excited to introduce the GALAXY S5, a device that has been designed for what matters most to Canadians, along with our industry changing wearables, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit," said Paul Brannen, Senior VP, Enterprise and Mobilie Solutions, Samsung Canada. "We are at the forefront of wearable technology and we are very proud of our continued innovation and leadership in this space. We are confident that the GALAXY S5 and new Gear devices will create buzz with Canadians by providing them with the technology that allows them to Play More, Do More and Share More."
Featuring a modern spin on the iconic GALAXY design, the GALAXY S5 is dust and water resistent and includes beneficial features such as a 5.1" full HD screen, an advanced 16MP camera, enhanced Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, S Health 3.0 and a new finger scanner technology. Additionally, building on the success of its predecessor, the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit are sylish and customizble wearables that bring smart freedom and convenience to the next level.
Get ahead of the trend with Samsung GALAXY S5
- Share all those trending moments: The GALAXY S5 features a 16MP camera with the world's fastest autofocus speed of up to 0.3 seconds and offers advanced High Dynamic Range (HDR) as well as a Selective Focus feature that allows users to focus on a specific area of an object while simultaneously blurring out the background.
- Watch your favourite movies and play your favourite games : Featuring the most advanced LTE and Wi-Fi performance available today, the GALAXY S5 ensures blazing fast data speeds for unrivaled media consumption and productivity. For consumers seeking an even faster connection, the GALAXY S5 now features Download Booster, an innovative Wi-Fi® technology for boosting data speed by combining the connectivity of Wi-Fi and LTE simultaneously.
- Stick to your fitness goals: S Health 3.0 offers consumers a comprehensive personal fitness tracker to help users monitor and manage their behavior with tools including a pedometer, diet and exercise records, and a new, built-in heart rate sensor. Additionally, GALAXY S5 users can customize their experience with an enriched third party app ecosystem and the ability to pair with next generation Gear products for real-time fitness tracking.
- Protect your device: The GALAXY S5 is IP67 dust and water resistant. It also has a fingerprint scanner, providing a biometric screen locking feature. Additionally, the Ultra Power Saving Mode turns the display to black and white, and shuts down all unnecessary features to minimize the battery consumption (when needed), allowing you to stay connected.
On the Go with the Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo
- Show off your stylish side: The new lightweight designs, premium fininishes, customizable homescreen and interchangeable straps make the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo an excellent fit in every wardrobe.
- Always stay in touch: The Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allow users to accept or ignore incoming calls and messages and provide instant notification options based on a user's activity and habits. As the first wearables powered by the Tizen platform, these Gears connect to a wide variety of Samsung devices and allow users to access an enriched application ecosystem.
- Go for a run: Monitor your heart rate and enjoy music on the go with the addition of a standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset.
Get active with the Samsung Gear Fit
- Get ahead of the curve: The Gear Fit, which comes with interchangeable straps, is the industry's first curved, Super AMOLED wearable device for the active consumer.
- Get fit: Designed to serve as both a Samsung mobile companion device as well as a standalone personal fitness wearable, the Gear Fit has a built-in heart rate sensor, a pedometer and a stopwatch helping you achieve your fitness goals.
- More than just a fitness band: Like other products in the Gear line, the Gear Fit offers instant notifications from Galaxy smartphones such as incoming calls, emails, SMS, alarm, S-planner and 3rd party apps while consumers are on the move so they can stay connected.
The GALAXY S5, Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and Gear Fit will be avaible in Canada April 11th.
The GALAXY S5 features a perforated pattern design on the back cover and will come in Charcoal Black and Shimmery White. The Gear 2 will come in Charcoal Black, Gold Brown, Wild Orange, Gear 2 Neo will come in Charcoal Black, Mocha Gray, Wild Orange and the Gear Fit will come in Charcoal Black.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 will be offered across multiple carriers who will announce pricing and plans in the coming days. Pre-order and pre-registration options are also being offered by many of our carrier and retail partners. Customers in Vancover and Edmonton can check out the Samsung Experience Store, where the device will retail for $229 on select plans.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada offers a broad range of award-winning consumer electronics including televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. The Canadian arm, selected in 2013 as one of Strategy Magazine's Brands of the Year, upholds Samsung's global mission to open new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere, providing users premium experiences that are unparalleled due to Samsung's innovative technology and stylish design. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the consumer electronics industry both in terms of business leadership and brand strength. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands and was named as one of Marketing Magazine's 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
Addteq is one of the top 10 Platinum Atlassian Experts who specialize in DevOps, custom and continuous integration, automation, plugin development, and consulting for midsize and global firms. Addteq firmly believes that automation is essential for successful software releases. Addteq centers its products and services around this fundamentally unique approach to delivering complete software release management solutions. With a combination of Addteq's services and our extensive list of partners,...
Feb. 28, 2017 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,361
Tintri VM-aware storage is the simplest for virtualized applications and cloud. Organizations including GE, Toyota, United Healthcare, NASA and 6 of the Fortune 15 have said "No to LUNs." With Tintri they manage only virtual machines, in a fraction of the footprint and at far lower cost than conventional storage. Tintri offers the choice of all-flash or hybrid-flash platform, converged or stand-alone structure and any hypervisor. Rather than obsess with storage, leaders focus on the business app...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 917
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Feb. 28, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 317
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Feb. 28, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 250
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 172
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 852
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,586
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 28, 2017 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,481
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 289
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his general session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 1,957
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Day 2 Keynote at 17th Cloud Expo, Sandy Ca...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 10,377
Tricky charts and visually deceptive graphs often make a case for the impact IT performance has on business. The debate isn't around the obvious; of course, IT performance metrics like website load time influence business metrics such as conversions and revenue. Rather, this presentation will explore various data analysis concepts to understand how, and how not to, assert such correlations. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Sys...
Feb. 28, 2017 10:00 AM EST Reads: 2,146
SYS-CON Events announced today that Technologic Systems Inc., an embedded systems solutions company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Technologic Systems is an embedded systems company with headquarters in Fountain Hills, Arizona. They have been in business for 32 years, helping more than 8,000 OEM customers and building over a hundred COTS products that have never been discontinued. Technologic Systems’ pr...
Feb. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 188
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Feb. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,069
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Feb. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,739