|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 11:09 AM EDT||
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards Remain Sri Lanka's Top Awards for Entrepreneurs
The Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2014 (APEA) was held for the third consecutive year in Colombo, Sri Lanka to honor some of Sri Lanka's most prominent entrepreneurs. The Awards were presented by Dr. Sarath Amunugama, Senior Minister of International Monetary Cooperation and Mr. Neomal Perera, Deputy Minister of External Affairs, representing the Sri Lankan government. Also present at the awards ceremony was Tan Sri Dr Fong Chan Onn and Datuk William Ng, chairman and president respectively of Enterprise Asia.
First held in 2007, APEA are now presented in 16 markets across Asia, making it the largest and broadest awards of its kind in the region. In many of these markets, Enterprise Asia partner with local trade associations and chambers of commerce to identify and recognize local entrepreneurs that have achieved and exceeded a regional benchmark for entrepreneurial achievements. In Sri Lanka, Enterprise Asia collaborates with Sri Lanka Malaysia Business Council (SLMBC), while the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce serves as the awards secretariat.
Datuk William Ng, president of Enterprise Asia said, "We must learn from the lessons of neighboring countries that have seen rapid economic growth, only to be beset by civil strife, burgeoning crime rate and massive income disparity. What good is prosperity if the rest of the country is enveloped in abject poverty and social unrest? By ensuring a fair and equitable development of the private sector here in Sri Lanka, we will be able to develop a Lankan model of growth that is not only equitable and non-discrimatory, but is ultimately sustainable in the long-run".
"The purpose of the APEA is to cultivate a culture of honest, fair and responsible entrepreneurship across Asia. With these values and an entrepreneurial spirit ingrained within a country's culture, numerous social and economic issues such as, urban poverty, urban–rural income disparity, inter-racial and inter-cultural conflicts, undergraduate frustrations, labor exploitation, labor tension and economic slavery could be diminished and eradicated. This is in keeping with President Mahinda Rajapaksa's vision, the Mahinda Chinthanaya for economic development in Sri Lanka", said Nilrukshi De Silva, president of SLMBC.
NDB Bank was the principal sponsor of the awards. Rajendra Theagarajah, CEO, NDB Bank stated that, "NDB Bank believes in developing an entrepreneurial culture, while observing with great admiration small businesses evolving to medium scale and some even to large scale ventures. Today, NDB Bank's sponsorship of the APEA stands testament to its commitment to enable Sri Lanka's entrepreneurs to move to an international platform".
A total of 36 entrepreneurs won the Sri Lankan edition of the awards. Among them were Manjula Narayana, Chairman of Cherubium Lanka Pvt Ltd who was named the Entrepreneur of the Year 2014, Sandra Wanduragala, founder of Selwyn Exports Pvt Ltd who won the Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 award and Fouzul Hammed, founded of Hameedia Stores Pvt Ltd.
The winners dedicated their victory to their team. "I consider APEA as recognition of my service to the country and I also consider it as an award won by Team Marina, our customers in Sri Lanka as well as in 40 other markets in the world," said Manjula Narayana.
Fouzul Hameed said, "Winning this award will no doubt add more value to our international business activities, especially in the Asia Pacific region. It has also motivated me and my team to take our brand to the international arena."
"Ultimately, the APEA serves as the ultimate milestone for entrepreneurs who have dedicated their lives to becoming responsible entrepreneurs and investing in people. More than anything else, we want to inculcate this culture of fair play among Asian entrepreneurs, as the region continue to rise as the epicenter of the global economy", Ng added.
Full list of winner of Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2014 Sri Lanka
Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
N.M.Manjula Narayana, Cherubium Lanka Pvt Ltd.
Woman Entrepreneur of the Year 2014
Sandra B Wanduragala , Selyn Exporters PVT LTD
Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award
- Ashoka Siriwardena, Bitumix (Private) Limited
- Fouzul Hameed , Hameedia Stores Pvt Ltd.
- Isthiark Farook, Asiabike Industrial Limited
- Kariyapperuma Athukoralalage Nimal Subasinghe, Tasma International Manpower Suppliers (Pvt) Ltd
- Kishore Surtani, Pee Bee Management Services (Private) Limited
- Lushantha De Silva, Empire Teas
- P.T. Weerasinghe, Lanka Sportreizen
- Philip J. Wewita, Pussalla Meat Producers (Private) Limited
- Premasiri Haputhanthri, Sarasavi Bookshop (Pvt) Ltd.
- Saman Upasena, K D U Group
- Subasinghe Harshaka Chamupathie, Codegen International (Pvt) Limited
- Sujeewa Suranjana Palliyaguruge, Isini Gems & Jewellers
- Thushan Upasena, New Kandagastenna Tea Factory
Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award
- Abdulla Nilamdeen, Abdulla International Pvt Ltd.
- Bhathiya A. Udumalagala, Bhathiya Trading Co.Pvt.Ltd.
- Chandhani Bandara, 4Ever Skin Naturals (Pvt) Ltd.
- Galhenage Mahendra Perera, Minuki Group of Companies
- H.D.J.D.A Samaranayake, P. G. Gomez & Company (Pvt) Ltd
- Indhra Kaushal Rajapaksa, Kalhari Enterprises
- M.A.J.P. Fernando, J P Marine Private Ltd.
- Manjula Ariyakumara, Three Sinha Industries Pvt Ltd
- Nilan Wickramasinghe, Lion Royal Pvt Ltd.
- Nishan Wasalathanthri, Promowatch (Pvt) Ltd.
- Pramuditha Chamara Abeyrathne, 98 Acres Resort & Spa
- Shehan Senevirathne, SMS Holdings Pvt Ltd.
- Uditha Wanigasinghe, Farmchemie (Pvt) Ltd.
- W.M. Leonard Rajeev Fernando, Vibromix Lanka (Pvt) Ltd.
- Yasantha Peiris Suriyapperuma, Wilkins Spence Packaging Lanka (Pvt) Ltd
Emerging Entrepreneurship Award
- A.W.M. Ahsan, Nafha Bags Pvt Ltd.
- Amal Piyatilake, Wheel Masters (Pvt) Ltd.
- Namal Senaratna, Asia Pacific Technology Systems (Pvt) Ltd.
- Noel Joseph, NJ Consultants
- Sanji De Silva, Bileeta (Pvt) Ltd.
- Suneth Wijesinghe, Malco Engineering (Pvt) Ltd.
About Enterprise Asia
Enterprise Asia, headquartered in Hong Kong, is the leading non-governmental think tank for the development of entrepreneurship across the region and in the promotion of opportunities and fair ground rules for emerging entrepreneurs. Enterprise Asia champions honest, fair, and responsible entrepreneurship across Asia.
For more informaiton about Enterprise Asia and its numerous programs, visit www.enterpriseasia.org.
Media Contact: Lee Peng Chin, Enterprise Asia, +60378030312, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Enterprise Asia
May. 3, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,168
May. 3, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,025
May. 3, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,030
May. 3, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,212
May. 3, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,192
May. 3, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 958
May. 3, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,232
May. 3, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 937
May. 3, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,143
May. 3, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,028
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,157
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,221
May. 3, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 769
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 3, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,579
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 3, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,344