|By PR Newswire||
|March 18, 2014 03:37 PM EDT||
LONDON and NEW YORK, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Today Acano announced that it will provide an unprecedented display of interoperability at the Enterprise Connect conference in Orlando, FL, on March 17. Standards will include SVC/H.264UC (Lync 2013), RTVideo (Lync 2010), High Profile H.264 (Polycom), Baseline Profile (Cisco), WebM/VP8 (WebRTC), VP9 and the much anticipated HEVC/H.265 standard.
Acano's Software-defined Infrastructure platform enables each caller to use a preferred voice, video or web device to connect to any other caller – while presenting the optimal experience to each person. Today's demonstration proves that the performance provided by Acano's scalable Software-defined Infrastructure solution adapts to provide a personalized experience for each participant.
- All seven video standards are demonstrated simultaneously in a single call; showcasing any-to-any interoperability and Acano's unique ability to optimally support both transcoding and switching at the same time.
- The demonstration shows Acano's muscle as all of the calls are at least HD quality, with four (including H.265) being FullHD/1080p, viewed at UltraHD (4K) resolution.
- H.265 cuts bandwidth requirements by up to 50% compared to prior standards while preserving quality, and improves resiliency under poor network conditions. Acano is positioned to provide industry leading support as H.265 capable devices from vendors like Cisco enter the market.
- VP9, introduced by Google as a royalty-free alternative to H.265, also cuts bandwidth requirements while preserving quality.
- Acano has long-proven Microsoft Lync interoperability today demonstrated through the SVC and RTVideo standards. Acano preserves the Lync user experience, including IM, presence, and bidirectional content sharing. Also announced today is native support for Lync conferencing, enabling standard Lync conference creation mechanisms such as "drag & drop" to seamlessly work with non-Lync devices such as SIP endpoints.
- Acano has provided the ability to use WebRTC, implemented to the WebM/VP8 standards, from a Chrome browser. Acano today announced it had extended the benefits of WebRTC and no-download-required access to Firefox. The company also provides browser-based access from Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera.
- With H.264 Baseline and H.264 High Profile, calls from traditional video vendors like Polycom and Cisco are seamlessly joined together with Microsoft Lync clients, browser-based clients and now H.265 endpoints.
"You should be abe to choose whatever way you want to join a call, and just have it work," explains Acano CTO Dr. Mark Blake. "Today Acano offers that experience to people that use everything from Lync and Jabber to traditional video systems. We're anticipating extending that experience to Cisco's announced H.265 video systems when they enter the market."
Acano was selected as one of six "Best of Enterprise Connect" finalists. Acano will demonstrate seven standards in a single call at Enterprise Connect, booth #1819.
Dr. Jan Nielsen, Acano's VP of Products, will discuss "Emerging Technologies" at a Wainhouse Panel at the show on March 18th 8am ET.
We bring together previously incompatible audio, video and web technologies in coSpacesTM – virtual meeting rooms only radically better. With coSpaces, people work wherever their ideas and creativity thrive. www.acano.com.
Acano and coSpace are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Acano. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Media Contact: Jean Rosauer, Acano, 2025317966, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Jul. 26, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,730
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,995
Jul. 26, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,549
Jul. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,084
Jul. 26, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,354
Jul. 26, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,356
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,979
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,028
Jul. 26, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
Jul. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 304
Jul. 26, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,931
Jul. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,797
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,120
Jul. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 797
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 26, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,826