|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 06:30 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
FOUR is delighted to announce its international Rising Star Awards, whereby four up-and-coming chefs from Latin America, North America, Europe and Asia & Australasia have been titled Rising Star 2014
Each region is headed up by an acclaimed judge; Andrea Petrini represents Europe; Alexandra Forbes represents Latin America; Mitchell Davies represents North America; Melinda Joe represents Asia & Australasia. Three regional panellists joined each judge, submitting a list of their selected 10 Rising Star chefs. Each list was submitted this year, crosschecked and whittled down to four names.
The Rising Stars
- Asia & Australasia winner: Zaiyu Hasegawa, Jimbocho Den
- North America winner: Sean Brock, Husk
- Latin America winner: Alberto Landgraf, Epice
- Europe winner: Agata Felluga, Jour de Fête
About Rising Stars Awards
Debuting this year, FOUR's Rising Stars Awards are a pioneering celebration of the up-and-coming talent within international fine-dining.
As well as the four judges, a panel of three others support the choice of rising star within each region. Each panellist has submitted a list of ten Rising Stars, which has been whittled down to produce a list of each region's four winning Rising Star chefs.
About Rising Stars Judges
- Andrea Petrini: Chairman of World's 50 Best, creative director of Cook it Raw, co-director of Paris des Chefs, and experienced food writer.
Panellists: Anna Morelli, Severin Corti, Mattias Kroon
- Alexandra Forbes: Brazil-born food and travel writer and food editor at GQ Brasil.
Panellists: Marcela Baruch, Ivanova Gambus, Dr. Luiz Kimura
- Mitchell Davis: Executive Vice President of James Beard Foundation, experienced food, restaurant and travel writer and cookbook author.
Panellists: Bonnie Stern, Andrew Knowlton, Kate Krader
- Melinda Joe: Tokyo-based food and drinks journalist, and contributor to CNNGo and Japan Times.
Panellists: Izumi Shibata, Michael Ryan, Poonperm Paitayawat
Rising Stars Criteria
- Chefs: aged 35 or under on 17 January 2014; in the position less than five years and in the region for at least two years (may not be natives).
- Panellists have visited restaurant within the last 12 months.
- The Rising Stars are determined by a points scheme. Each panellist gives chefs' points to determine their position.
Find out more at http://www.four-magazine.com/risingstars.
Contact Sophie Cater:
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 22, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 8,948
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 461
Oct. 22, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 958
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,647
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,578
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,839
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 638
Oct. 22, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,441
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,243
Oct. 22, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,887
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,541
Oct. 22, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,221
Oct. 22, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,495
Oct. 22, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,749