|By Elizabeth White||
|March 20, 2014 09:00 AM EDT||
New Relic on Wednesday announced the arrival of New Relic Insights, a real-time analytics platform that collects, stores and presents valuable data directly from modern software, and transforms the data into insights about customers, applications and the business. Delivered as a cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering and using New Relic's lightning-fast and custom-built Big Data database platform, New Relic Insights empowers application developers and business users alike to make ad hoc and iterative queries across trillions of events and metrics and get answers in seconds.
The Big Data Challenge
Traditionally, there hasn't been a fast, easy or cost-effective way to collect, store and interact with real-time data to gain business or IT insights. With today's fast-paced economy, businesses can no longer afford to wait hours or days for a static report that may not provide the data required for data-driven, software-powered businesses. Frequently, the data is out of date and ad-hoc queries take hours to complete, limiting what and how many questions decision makers can ask -- making data-driven, iterative decision making impossible.
New Relic Insights to the Rescue
- Collect data about your software, customers and business directly from your software using New Relic's intelligent agents
- Store volumes of data in New Relic's super-cluster and take advantage of a custom-built database to query billions of metrics in seconds
- Present visualizations and dashboards immediately with the New Relic Query Language (NRQL), a simple SQL-like language that automatically generates data visualizations, so even novice users get answers fast
New Momentum for the Category of Software Analytics
New Relic Insights is only one offering from New Relic within the much broader Software Analytics category. Every modern business is software-driven and interacts with its customers digitally whether via mobile or the web. As a result, software holds answers about your customers' behaviors and actions, which reflect on the state of your business and your relationship with customers. There are five components that make up Software Analytics:
- Real-time Analytics Platforms - Collect trillions of events from applications and allow users to query the data easily to answer tough business questions
- Application Performance Management - Developers and IT operations groups monitor and troubleshoot the performance of their web and mobile software
- Operational Intelligence - IT operations groups analyze and identify trends in operational systems
- Infrastructure Management - IT Operations groups monitor and troubleshoot the performance of IT infrastructure
- Business Optimization and Analytics Apps - Business user groups optimize their job functions
Ways to Gain From New Relic Insights
- Product Management - Make a query about the adoption of new product features that were recently launched, determine which customers are actually using the features to enable actions and next-steps.
- Marketing - Find out if the new marketing campaign is a homerun or a strikeout in real-time. If it's a homerun -- spend more. If it's a strikeout, kill the campaign before the budget is blown.
- Sales - Track customers' experiences and product usage during a free trial. Immediate insight into key stakeholders and issues that they might have with the product.
- Customer Loyalty and Support - Manage customer engagement and happiness through each click of their mouse. Understand why a customer makes a call to support before they make the call.
- Application Developers and IT Operations - Track customer interactions with a site over the previous 10 minutes to find the root cause of a support issue that cannot be reproduced.
The New Relic Insights Beta Program Highlights
- This new Real-Time Analytics Platform (previously code-named Project Rubicon) is now in public beta. More than 275 customers have participated in the private beta to-date. All paying New Relic customers get immediate access to the new product for free for a limited time.
- Each account gets 1 billion metrics stored for up to seven days for free during the beta period. More than 1 trillion events have already been stored in the new product over the last month.
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,118
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 361
Donna Yasay, President of HomeGrid Forum, today discussed with a panel of technology peers how certification programs are at the forefront of interoperability, and the answer for vendors looking to keep up with today's growing industry for smart home innovation. "To ensure multi-vendor interoperability, accredited industry certification programs should be used for every product to provide credibility and quality assurance for retail and carrier based customers looking to add ever increasing num...
Oct. 21, 2016 09:15 AM EDT
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,349
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential M2M Brand by Onalytica in the ‘Machine to Machine: Top 100 Influencers and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed the online debate on M2M by looking at over 85,000 tweets to provide the most influential individuals and brands that drive the discussion. According to Onalytica the "analysis showed a very engaged community with a lot of interactive tweets. The M2M discussion seems to be more fragmented and driven by some of the major brands present in the...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 11,092
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to impr...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,562
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,722
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,050
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,009
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 867
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,273
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,377
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,783
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:15 AM EDT Reads: 475