|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In the sink-or-swim world of the app marketplace, the tracking and deployment of data has become more crucial than ever. Appboy, the top platform for Marketing Automation for Apps, leads the way once again by introducing cutting-edge, industry-first upgrades to its Analytics Dashboard. Through a host of new features, Appboy provides the tools and support for clients to stay well ahead of the pack, allowing them to engage with their users and prompt behavior in a simple, smart and efficient manner.
Appboy clients now have access to:
- Analytics by Segment: In Appboy's breakthrough feature, clients are now able to observe specific user actions based on demographics and behavior, giving greater insight into the mind of their audience. For instance, by looking at the purchasing behavior for users in specific age groups or those with push notifications enabled versus those without, marketers can better design targeted campaigns based on the results of particular actions.
- Overview of Lifetime Stats and Revenue: On the Dashboard, clients can now keep track of their app's lifetime user count, total number of user sessions, lifetime revenue, and perhaps most importantly, the lifetime value per user for each of their apps. Marketers can assess their ROI with a single glance.
- Fully Customizable Time Ranges: By taking control of the dates to pull data from, clients will be able to observe macro trends by comparing performance over specific time periods and analyze what revenue looks like over time for individual campaigns. In addition, custom events allow marketers to look at frequency of events over the number of active users, thereby discovering whether events are increasing due to audience growth or campaign effectiveness.
- Brand new KPIs, including Daily Active Users, Stickiness and Average Daily Sessions: It's a fact that app usage has become a far more important metric than app downloads. The new KPIs allow marketers greater insight into their app thanks to meaningful snapshots, and lets them analyze "stickiness" by looking at what percentage of monthly users come back daily to the app.
- Micro-Revenue Analysis: In addition to the larger trends, marketers can dive into their data to view the distribution of purchases. Clients can discover whether app revenue is being driven by a series of small purchases or by a few major ones, and reorient their strategy as needed.
- Push notifications by platform: Open rates differ on iOS, Android and other platforms, and the new detailed analytics will bring that much needed level of transparency. In addition, the dashboard will display the latest data on device and carrier use, including information on which users update their operating system.
- Personalized Emails: Emails can now be sent from specific, personal email addresses, thereby allowing users to receive communications directly from the CTO, CMO or others, as opposed to a global email. Personalized emails can deliver up to 6 times higher transaction rates.
- News Feed Upgrades: Appboy's News Feed feature, which was an industry-first at launch, has continued to develop at a rapid pace. News Feed cards are now optimized to occupy the entire screen (great for tablets), are clickable anywhere on the card and now feature dynamic updates roughly every 60 seconds while in use.
- Localization: While Appboy now offers Chinese and Traditional Chinese translations, marketers can now specify and set up their own translations of the Appboy UI per their needs.
Research has shown that one thing separates Mobile Trendsetters from their competition – the simple practice of measuring their ROI. Appboy's Analytics Upgrade now makes that task easier than it's ever been. It is also true that simply measuring ROI is pointless without smart and strategic use of that data – which is why Appboy's marketing automation system has gone the extra mile in gathering actionable data, saving clients time, money and effort.
"Our commitment to our clients means that we are constantly reevaluating and reinventing our mobile solutions," says Bill Magnuson, co-founder and CTO of Appboy. "The new Analytics upgrades allow marketers to sift through the noise and focus only the important tasks that will generate high-value results, creating a deeper connection with their users."
Appboy is the global leader in Marketing Automation for Apps. The company enables the world's brightest companies to manage the lifecycle of their users through a suite of marketing automation products and Success Squad team of mobile experts. In addition to user segmentation and location targeting, Appboy offers multi-channel messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, email), an in-app news feed and in-app customer support. Clients like Text+, Urban Outfitters, GSN and PopSci use Appboy to increase engagement, reduce churn and build their mobile ROI. To learn more, visit www.appboy.com.
Spencer Burke, Appboy, 612.276.2570, [email protected]
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 278
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 29, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,526
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,742
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 29, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,399
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,691
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,771
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 628
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,603
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,662
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,540
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Apr. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 851
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 853
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,405
IoT device adoption is growing at staggering rates, and with it comes opportunity for developers to meet consumer demand for an ever more connected world. Wireless communication is the key part of the encompassing components of any IoT device. Wireless connectivity enhances the device utility at the expense of ease of use and deployment challenges. Since connectivity is fundamental for IoT device development, engineers must understand how to overcome the hurdles inherent in incorporating multipl...
Apr. 29, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,410