|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In the sink-or-swim world of the app marketplace, the tracking and deployment of data has become more crucial than ever. Appboy, the top platform for Marketing Automation for Apps, leads the way once again by introducing cutting-edge, industry-first upgrades to its Analytics Dashboard. Through a host of new features, Appboy provides the tools and support for clients to stay well ahead of the pack, allowing them to engage with their users and prompt behavior in a simple, smart and efficient manner.
Appboy clients now have access to:
- Analytics by Segment: In Appboy's breakthrough feature, clients are now able to observe specific user actions based on demographics and behavior, giving greater insight into the mind of their audience. For instance, by looking at the purchasing behavior for users in specific age groups or those with push notifications enabled versus those without, marketers can better design targeted campaigns based on the results of particular actions.
- Overview of Lifetime Stats and Revenue: On the Dashboard, clients can now keep track of their app's lifetime user count, total number of user sessions, lifetime revenue, and perhaps most importantly, the lifetime value per user for each of their apps. Marketers can assess their ROI with a single glance.
- Fully Customizable Time Ranges: By taking control of the dates to pull data from, clients will be able to observe macro trends by comparing performance over specific time periods and analyze what revenue looks like over time for individual campaigns. In addition, custom events allow marketers to look at frequency of events over the number of active users, thereby discovering whether events are increasing due to audience growth or campaign effectiveness.
- Brand new KPIs, including Daily Active Users, Stickiness and Average Daily Sessions: It's a fact that app usage has become a far more important metric than app downloads. The new KPIs allow marketers greater insight into their app thanks to meaningful snapshots, and lets them analyze "stickiness" by looking at what percentage of monthly users come back daily to the app.
- Micro-Revenue Analysis: In addition to the larger trends, marketers can dive into their data to view the distribution of purchases. Clients can discover whether app revenue is being driven by a series of small purchases or by a few major ones, and reorient their strategy as needed.
- Push notifications by platform: Open rates differ on iOS, Android and other platforms, and the new detailed analytics will bring that much needed level of transparency. In addition, the dashboard will display the latest data on device and carrier use, including information on which users update their operating system.
- Personalized Emails: Emails can now be sent from specific, personal email addresses, thereby allowing users to receive communications directly from the CTO, CMO or others, as opposed to a global email. Personalized emails can deliver up to 6 times higher transaction rates.
- News Feed Upgrades: Appboy's News Feed feature, which was an industry-first at launch, has continued to develop at a rapid pace. News Feed cards are now optimized to occupy the entire screen (great for tablets), are clickable anywhere on the card and now feature dynamic updates roughly every 60 seconds while in use.
- Localization: While Appboy now offers Chinese and Traditional Chinese translations, marketers can now specify and set up their own translations of the Appboy UI per their needs.
Research has shown that one thing separates Mobile Trendsetters from their competition – the simple practice of measuring their ROI. Appboy's Analytics Upgrade now makes that task easier than it's ever been. It is also true that simply measuring ROI is pointless without smart and strategic use of that data – which is why Appboy's marketing automation system has gone the extra mile in gathering actionable data, saving clients time, money and effort.
"Our commitment to our clients means that we are constantly reevaluating and reinventing our mobile solutions," says Bill Magnuson, co-founder and CTO of Appboy. "The new Analytics upgrades allow marketers to sift through the noise and focus only the important tasks that will generate high-value results, creating a deeper connection with their users."
Appboy is the global leader in Marketing Automation for Apps. The company enables the world's brightest companies to manage the lifecycle of their users through a suite of marketing automation products and Success Squad team of mobile experts. In addition to user segmentation and location targeting, Appboy offers multi-channel messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, email), an in-app news feed and in-app customer support. Clients like Text+, Urban Outfitters, GSN and PopSci use Appboy to increase engagement, reduce churn and build their mobile ROI. To learn more, visit www.appboy.com.
Spencer Burke, Appboy, 612.276.2570, [email protected]
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 241
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 13, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 462
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 367
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 AM EST Reads: 368
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 273
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 12, 2016 10:00 PM EST Reads: 245
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 12, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 386
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 12, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 134
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 12, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 404
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:45 PM EST
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 192
DevOps is not just last year’s buzzword. Companies with DevOps practices are 2.5x more likely to exceed profitability, market share, and productivity goals. But how do you enable high performance? What can you do right now to start? Find out from DevOps experts including Gene Kim, co-author of "The Phoenix Project," and the Dynatrace Center of Excellence.
Feb. 12, 2016 04:30 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 432
SYS-CON Events announced today that Column Technologies will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Established in 1998, Column Technologies is a global technology solutions provider with over 400 employees, headquartered in the United States with offices in Canada, India, and the United Kingdom. Column Technologies provides “Best of Breed” technology solutions that automate the key DevOps principal...
Feb. 12, 2016 04:15 PM EST