|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 11:00 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In the sink-or-swim world of the app marketplace, the tracking and deployment of data has become more crucial than ever. Appboy, the top platform for Marketing Automation for Apps, leads the way once again by introducing cutting-edge, industry-first upgrades to its Analytics Dashboard. Through a host of new features, Appboy provides the tools and support for clients to stay well ahead of the pack, allowing them to engage with their users and prompt behavior in a simple, smart and efficient manner.
Appboy clients now have access to:
- Analytics by Segment: In Appboy's breakthrough feature, clients are now able to observe specific user actions based on demographics and behavior, giving greater insight into the mind of their audience. For instance, by looking at the purchasing behavior for users in specific age groups or those with push notifications enabled versus those without, marketers can better design targeted campaigns based on the results of particular actions.
- Overview of Lifetime Stats and Revenue: On the Dashboard, clients can now keep track of their app's lifetime user count, total number of user sessions, lifetime revenue, and perhaps most importantly, the lifetime value per user for each of their apps. Marketers can assess their ROI with a single glance.
- Fully Customizable Time Ranges: By taking control of the dates to pull data from, clients will be able to observe macro trends by comparing performance over specific time periods and analyze what revenue looks like over time for individual campaigns. In addition, custom events allow marketers to look at frequency of events over the number of active users, thereby discovering whether events are increasing due to audience growth or campaign effectiveness.
- Brand new KPIs, including Daily Active Users, Stickiness and Average Daily Sessions: It's a fact that app usage has become a far more important metric than app downloads. The new KPIs allow marketers greater insight into their app thanks to meaningful snapshots, and lets them analyze "stickiness" by looking at what percentage of monthly users come back daily to the app.
- Micro-Revenue Analysis: In addition to the larger trends, marketers can dive into their data to view the distribution of purchases. Clients can discover whether app revenue is being driven by a series of small purchases or by a few major ones, and reorient their strategy as needed.
- Push notifications by platform: Open rates differ on iOS, Android and other platforms, and the new detailed analytics will bring that much needed level of transparency. In addition, the dashboard will display the latest data on device and carrier use, including information on which users update their operating system.
- Personalized Emails: Emails can now be sent from specific, personal email addresses, thereby allowing users to receive communications directly from the CTO, CMO or others, as opposed to a global email. Personalized emails can deliver up to 6 times higher transaction rates.
- News Feed Upgrades: Appboy's News Feed feature, which was an industry-first at launch, has continued to develop at a rapid pace. News Feed cards are now optimized to occupy the entire screen (great for tablets), are clickable anywhere on the card and now feature dynamic updates roughly every 60 seconds while in use.
- Localization: While Appboy now offers Chinese and Traditional Chinese translations, marketers can now specify and set up their own translations of the Appboy UI per their needs.
Research has shown that one thing separates Mobile Trendsetters from their competition – the simple practice of measuring their ROI. Appboy's Analytics Upgrade now makes that task easier than it's ever been. It is also true that simply measuring ROI is pointless without smart and strategic use of that data – which is why Appboy's marketing automation system has gone the extra mile in gathering actionable data, saving clients time, money and effort.
"Our commitment to our clients means that we are constantly reevaluating and reinventing our mobile solutions," says Bill Magnuson, co-founder and CTO of Appboy. "The new Analytics upgrades allow marketers to sift through the noise and focus only the important tasks that will generate high-value results, creating a deeper connection with their users."
Appboy is the global leader in Marketing Automation for Apps. The company enables the world's brightest companies to manage the lifecycle of their users through a suite of marketing automation products and Success Squad team of mobile experts. In addition to user segmentation and location targeting, Appboy offers multi-channel messaging (push notifications, in-app messages, email), an in-app news feed and in-app customer support. Clients like Text+, Urban Outfitters, GSN and PopSci use Appboy to increase engagement, reduce churn and build their mobile ROI. To learn more, visit www.appboy.com.
Spencer Burke, Appboy, 612.276.2570, [email protected]
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,027
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 536
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 625
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 9,452
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,882
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,954
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 5,308
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 03:26 PM EST Reads: 242
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 4,090
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,731
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,624
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,347
"We formed Formation several years ago to really address the need for bring complete modernization and software-defined storage to the more classic private cloud marketplace," stated Mark Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Formation Data Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 6,312
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,064
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,355