|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 11:02 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Financial Assessment of Global Residential REIT Industry
A Shift Towards Rental Housing is Driving the Industry
This financial assessment study analyzes the financial ratios of public companies across the globe in the residential real estate investment trust (REIT) industry. To assess financial performance, public companies in the residential REIT industry are first identified. Then, their financials are gathered and ratios such as return on equity and EBIT margin are computed. After this, the ratios are divided into four categories: profitability, liquidity, activity, and solvency. Weights are assigned to different ratios based on industry averages, and an overall rank is determined. Market-based numbers and the number of properties managed are also considered. The study presents key drivers, restraints, top performers by region, and market outlook.
1. Demand for rental housing is gaining momentum in cities across the globe, more so in the North American region.
2. Higher interest rates, rising house prices, higher job creation, and aversion towards owning houses due to prior experience with foreclosures are pushing up the demand for rental housing.
3. Increasing rent growth and decreasing vacancy rates are expected to boost the profitability of apartment operators and REITs.
4. Currently, the US home ownership rate is at a X-year low. As of August 2013, home prices in the United States have increased X% year-on-year.
5. Currently, the vacancy rate is less than the X-year average rate and the effective rent is higher than the X-year average rent.
6. Signs of recovery in the global economic scenario—more so in the North American region compared to the Eurozone—is expected to improve job creation rates and thereby, employment rates as well.
7. Total returns on residential REIT stocks have shown two-year cycles of peaks and troughs from 1996 to 2006 and after that, the cycles have occurred over longer periods of time.
8. The supply of new apartments has plateaued in the past three years and is expected to gain momentum with overX units under construction in the United States.
9. Key profitability ratios such as return on equity and EBITDA margins have shown an increase in 2012 compared to 2011 and this trend is expected to continue.
10. In the residential REIT industry, student housing has emerged as a separate asset class generating double-digit returns thanks to strong rental growth.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the financials of companies in the global residential real estate investment trust (REIT) industry
• To rank companies based on their financial and risk management
• To identify key trends and challenges that can impact the performance of industry participants over the next X months
• Activity (Turnover)
Financial Year 2012
108 companies across the globe
Who will benefit?
• Companies operating in the global residential REIT industry
• Apartment operators
• Real estate operating companies (REOCs)
• Private equity
• Venture capital investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases, such as Capital IQ
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Industry associations, such as NAREIT
• Press releases
Note: For company-level analysis, data used is from the company's latest annual performance (FY 2012). For industry-level analysis, data is as of Q3 2013.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. Residential REIT Industry—Market Overview
4. Drivers and Restraints
5. Residential REIT Industry—Key Regions
6. Residential REIT Industry—Financial Assessment
7. Key Conclusions
9. The Frost & Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Financial Assessment of Global Residential REIT Industry
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,368
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,434
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 135
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 124
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,450
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,842
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,737
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,590
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,020
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,069
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 502