|By PR Newswire||
|March 19, 2014 11:02 AM EDT||
LONDON, March 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com just published a new market research report:
Financial Assessment of Global Residential REIT Industry
A Shift Towards Rental Housing is Driving the Industry
This financial assessment study analyzes the financial ratios of public companies across the globe in the residential real estate investment trust (REIT) industry. To assess financial performance, public companies in the residential REIT industry are first identified. Then, their financials are gathered and ratios such as return on equity and EBIT margin are computed. After this, the ratios are divided into four categories: profitability, liquidity, activity, and solvency. Weights are assigned to different ratios based on industry averages, and an overall rank is determined. Market-based numbers and the number of properties managed are also considered. The study presents key drivers, restraints, top performers by region, and market outlook.
1. Demand for rental housing is gaining momentum in cities across the globe, more so in the North American region.
2. Higher interest rates, rising house prices, higher job creation, and aversion towards owning houses due to prior experience with foreclosures are pushing up the demand for rental housing.
3. Increasing rent growth and decreasing vacancy rates are expected to boost the profitability of apartment operators and REITs.
4. Currently, the US home ownership rate is at a X-year low. As of August 2013, home prices in the United States have increased X% year-on-year.
5. Currently, the vacancy rate is less than the X-year average rate and the effective rent is higher than the X-year average rent.
6. Signs of recovery in the global economic scenario—more so in the North American region compared to the Eurozone—is expected to improve job creation rates and thereby, employment rates as well.
7. Total returns on residential REIT stocks have shown two-year cycles of peaks and troughs from 1996 to 2006 and after that, the cycles have occurred over longer periods of time.
8. The supply of new apartments has plateaued in the past three years and is expected to gain momentum with overX units under construction in the United States.
9. Key profitability ratios such as return on equity and EBITDA margins have shown an increase in 2012 compared to 2011 and this trend is expected to continue.
10. In the residential REIT industry, student housing has emerged as a separate asset class generating double-digit returns thanks to strong rental growth.
Research Objective and Scope
• To analyze the financials of companies in the global residential real estate investment trust (REIT) industry
• To rank companies based on their financial and risk management
• To identify key trends and challenges that can impact the performance of industry participants over the next X months
• Activity (Turnover)
Financial Year 2012
108 companies across the globe
Who will benefit?
• Companies operating in the global residential REIT industry
• Apartment operators
• Real estate operating companies (REOCs)
• Private equity
• Venture capital investors
• Fund managers
• Retail investors
• Hedge funds
• Insurance funds and other members of the investing community
• Frost & Sullivan in-house research expertise
• Established business and financial databases, such as Capital IQ
• Company annual reports
• Published news
• Industry associations, such as NAREIT
• Press releases
Note: For company-level analysis, data used is from the company's latest annual performance (FY 2012). For industry-level analysis, data is as of Q3 2013.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Objective and Scope
3. Residential REIT Industry—Market Overview
4. Drivers and Restraints
5. Residential REIT Industry—Key Regions
6. Residential REIT Industry—Financial Assessment
7. Key Conclusions
9. The Frost & Sullivan Story
Read the full report:
Financial Assessment of Global Residential REIT Industry
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 22, 2017 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,825
VeriStor Systems has announced that CRN has named VeriStor to its 2017 Managed Service Provider (MSP) 500 list in the Elite 150 category. This annual list recognizes North American solution providers with cutting-edge approaches to delivering managed services. Their offerings help companies navigate the complex and ever-changing landscape of IT, improve operational efficiencies, and maximize their return on IT investments. In today’s fast-paced business environments, MSPs play an important role...
Mar. 22, 2017 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,686
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 22, 2017 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 643
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,015
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 634
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 22, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 397
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 22, 2017 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 22, 2017 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,079
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,278
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 22, 2017 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 690
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 22, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 8,030
Have you ever noticed how some IT people seem to lead successful, rewarding, and satisfying lives and careers, while others struggle? IT author and speaker Don Crawley uncovered the five principles that successful IT people use to build satisfying lives and careers and he shares them in this fast-paced, thought-provoking webinar. You'll learn the importance of striking a balance with technical skills and people skills, challenge your pre-existing ideas about IT customer service, and gain new in...
Mar. 22, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,778
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 22, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,643
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 22, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,310
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Mar. 22, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,585