|By Business Wire||
|March 19, 2014 06:47 PM EDT||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q13) and year-end Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS market share and forecast report, which tracks gateway software, gateway appliances, and SaaS (software-as-a-service).
“The standalone content security gateway product market will contract slowly through 2018, but there’s reason to be enthusiastic about the overall opportunity to sell security solutions. The money’s transitioning away from standalone web and mail hardware and software to hosted solutions and SaaS, as well as integrated appliances with web and mail security functionality,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
“We think the key vendors in this space will experience overall business growth despite difficulties in their foundational web and mail security business,” adds Wilson.
CONTENT SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- For the full year 2013, worldwide content security gateway revenue (including appliances and software) totaled $2.78 billion, a 5% decline from 2012
- The content security market is up 1.2% sequentially in 4Q13, to $702 million
- The bright spot in this market, SaaS revenue for content security gateways reached $165 million in 4Q13, up 6% over 3Q13, and up 23% over 4Q12
- McAfee edged out Blue Coat by a hair to claim the #1 ranking for content security market share in 4Q13; Cisco finished just behind the leaders
- The impact of the Snowden leaks is beginning to take shape, with some vendors reporting difficulties as a result of the disclosures; the most likely places of impact for security products are China, Brazil, and emerging economies where major infrastructure upgrades are happening
Join analyst Jeff Wilson Mar. 20 at 11:00 a.m. EDT for Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence, a live primer for enterprises and service providers looking to use big data to detect, mitigate, and prevent malicious attacks:
CONTENT SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly content security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for content security gateway software (messaging, web/malware), gateway appliances (messaging, web/malware, integrated), and SaaS (messaging, web/malware). Vendors tracked: Barracuda, Blue Coat, Cisco, Citrix, McAfee, Microsoft, Proofpoint, SonicWall, Symantec, Trend Micro, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY REPORT EXCERPTS
- Mobile device security taking front stage as businesses try to get tighter grip on mobile gear
- Mobile security gateway market closes 2013 up 70%
- Cloud and data center operators investing heavily in security, rate top vendors
- Application-layer attacks sparking new investments in DDoS solutions
- NSA spygate underscores need for multi-layered security in the data center
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET RESEARCH
- Analyst Note: Infonetics Research's Top 2014 Trends (Jan.)
- Analyst Note: 2014 Security Trends: How Can We Top 2013? (Jan.)
- Network Security Appliances & Software Market Share & Forecasts (Mar.)
- Cloud & CPE Managed Security Services Market Size & Forecasts (Mar.)
- Data Center Security Strategies & Vendor Leadership: N.A. Enterprise Survey (Mar.)
- Mobile Device Security Client Software Market Size & Forecasts (Apr.)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (Mar. 20: Attend)
- Virtualizing Networks with SDN NVOs and Bare Metal Switches (Mar. 25: Attend)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers and How to Mitigate It (Apr. 2: Attend)
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (Apr. 10: Attend)
- Redefining Network Security Performance: The Speed You Really Need (View on-demand)
- Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements (View on-demand)
- DDoS Mitigation Strategies: What's Next (June 10: Sponsor)
- Protecting Infrastructure Control Systems from Cyber Attacks (Aug. 14: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Harbinger Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Harbinger Systems is a global company providing software technology services. Since 1990, Harbinger has developed a strong customer base worldwide. Its customers include software product companies ranging from hi-tech start-ups in Silicon Valley to leading product companies in the US a...
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,084
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,213
Jul. 5, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 479
Jul. 5, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,357
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,494
Jul. 5, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,560
Jul. 5, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,411
Jul. 5, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,915
Jul. 5, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,438
Jul. 5, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,932
Jul. 5, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,585
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,302
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,389
Jul. 5, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,812
In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist of Cloud Services at VMware, reviewed the changes that the cloud computing industry has gone through over the last five years and shared insights into what the next five will bring. He also chronicled the challenges enterprise companies are facing as they move to the public cloud. He delved into the "Hybrid Cloud" space and explained why every CIO should consider ‘hybrid cloud' as part of their future strategy to achie...
Jul. 5, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,530