|By Business Wire||
|March 19, 2014 06:47 PM EDT||
Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q13) and year-end Content Security Gateway Appliances, Software, and SaaS market share and forecast report, which tracks gateway software, gateway appliances, and SaaS (software-as-a-service).
“The standalone content security gateway product market will contract slowly through 2018, but there’s reason to be enthusiastic about the overall opportunity to sell security solutions. The money’s transitioning away from standalone web and mail hardware and software to hosted solutions and SaaS, as well as integrated appliances with web and mail security functionality,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
“We think the key vendors in this space will experience overall business growth despite difficulties in their foundational web and mail security business,” adds Wilson.
CONTENT SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- For the full year 2013, worldwide content security gateway revenue (including appliances and software) totaled $2.78 billion, a 5% decline from 2012
- The content security market is up 1.2% sequentially in 4Q13, to $702 million
- The bright spot in this market, SaaS revenue for content security gateways reached $165 million in 4Q13, up 6% over 3Q13, and up 23% over 4Q12
- McAfee edged out Blue Coat by a hair to claim the #1 ranking for content security market share in 4Q13; Cisco finished just behind the leaders
- The impact of the Snowden leaks is beginning to take shape, with some vendors reporting difficulties as a result of the disclosures; the most likely places of impact for security products are China, Brazil, and emerging economies where major infrastructure upgrades are happening
Join analyst Jeff Wilson Mar. 20 at 11:00 a.m. EDT for Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence, a live primer for enterprises and service providers looking to use big data to detect, mitigate, and prevent malicious attacks:
CONTENT SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly content security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for content security gateway software (messaging, web/malware), gateway appliances (messaging, web/malware, integrated), and SaaS (messaging, web/malware). Vendors tracked: Barracuda, Blue Coat, Cisco, Citrix, McAfee, Microsoft, Proofpoint, SonicWall, Symantec, Trend Micro, Websense, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED SECURITY REPORT EXCERPTS
- Mobile device security taking front stage as businesses try to get tighter grip on mobile gear
- Mobile security gateway market closes 2013 up 70%
- Cloud and data center operators investing heavily in security, rate top vendors
- Application-layer attacks sparking new investments in DDoS solutions
- NSA spygate underscores need for multi-layered security in the data center
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET RESEARCH
- Analyst Note: Infonetics Research's Top 2014 Trends (Jan.)
- Analyst Note: 2014 Security Trends: How Can We Top 2013? (Jan.)
- Network Security Appliances & Software Market Share & Forecasts (Mar.)
- Cloud & CPE Managed Security Services Market Size & Forecasts (Mar.)
- Data Center Security Strategies & Vendor Leadership: N.A. Enterprise Survey (Mar.)
- Mobile Device Security Client Software Market Size & Forecasts (Apr.)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (Mar. 20: Attend)
- Virtualizing Networks with SDN NVOs and Bare Metal Switches (Mar. 25: Attend)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers and How to Mitigate It (Apr. 2: Attend)
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (Apr. 10: Attend)
- Redefining Network Security Performance: The Speed You Really Need (View on-demand)
- Data Center Firewalls: The New Performance Requirements (View on-demand)
- DDoS Mitigation Strategies: What's Next (June 10: Sponsor)
- Protecting Infrastructure Control Systems from Cyber Attacks (Aug. 14: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, [email protected], +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, [email protected], +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, [email protected], +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Sep. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,437
Sep. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 624
Sep. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 388
Sep. 29, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,203
Sep. 29, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,693
Sep. 29, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,792
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 29, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,161
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,457
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Sep. 29, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,140
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,710
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,690
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 29, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,089
Most of us already know that adopting new cloud applications can boost a business’s productivity by enabling organizations to be more agile and ready to change course in our fast-moving and connected digital world. But the rapid adoption of cloud apps and services also brings with it profound security threats, including visibility and control challenges that aren’t present in traditional on-premises environments. At the same time, the cloud – because of its interconnected, flexible and adaptable...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,733
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,944
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 29, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,489