|By PR Newswire||
|March 20, 2014 10:44 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- National awards programs recognized Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., and 26 of its personnel. In addition, seven people were recognized by programs in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Crowe was on the InformationWeek500 list for the second year in a row. The list, compiled by InformationWeek magazine, recognizes the nation's top 500 innovative business teams that take unconventional approaches in the use of new technology and models to capture business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2013 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Composed of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance. This is the third consecutive year Allen has appeared on the list.
- Kevin McGrath, current Crowe Horwath International CEO and former chief operating officer of Crowe Horwath LLP, was recognized in the top 20 of International Accounting Bulletin's (IAB) Global Accountancy Power 50 list. The IAB recognizes the 50 most powerful people in the profession with the Next 50 as potentials who might make the list next year. Allen was named to the Next 50 list.
- Jill Czerwinski, a senior manager in Risk Consulting services in the Chicago office, was named one of Consulting Magazine's Rising Stars of the Profession in the "Excellence in Client Service" category.
- Mary Ann Travers, a partner in Financial Advisory Services in the Oak Brook office, was named one of CPA Practice Advisor's 2013 Most Powerful Women in Accounting. The award recognizes influential women in the accounting profession who demonstrate leadership and commitment.
- Brian Kistler, a manager in Risk Consulting services in the Atlanta office, was selected to Internal Auditor magazine's "Top Auditors Under 30" list.
- Andrew Leeth, senior staff in Risk Consulting services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Americas Information Security Leadership Awards (ISLA) in the "Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional" category.
- The Crowe marketing campaign for the financial services group of Performance services received the Best Nurturing Campaign Award at the Killer Content Awards, presented by the e-publication Demand Gen Report. Among the campaign's contributors were Tom Bamborough, Angela Blankenship, Jason Bomers, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Mike Ghering, Dave Keever, Steve Kurylowicz, Jonathan Losey, Jessica Masters, MJ Meyering, Mohammad Nasar, MaryBeth Omness, Kate Reid, Tim Reimink, Dawn Shoemaker, Chris Sifter, Cara Spinniken, Jason Tran and Tinh Tran.
- Allen was featured on the "Who's Who in Chicago Business" Financial Services list in Crain's Chicago Business.
- Ben Matherly, a senior manager, and Courtney Scott, senior staff, both in Tax services in the South Bend office, were recognized in the 2013 Class of Michiana "Forty Under 40" program, presented by the St. Joseph's County Chamber of Commerce.
- Alicia Antonetti-Tricker, a senior manager in the government group within Performance services in the Indianapolis office, was among the 100 finalists for Indy's 2013 "Best and Brightest" in the Government category.
- Pete Ugo, a partner in Audit services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" program.
- Jennifer Monaghan, a partner in the financial services group within Audit services in the Louisville office, was recognized with the Outstanding Committee Member Award by the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
- Christian Heuer, a senior manager in Financial Advisory Services in the Nashville office, received the 2013 Volunteer of the Year Award from the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute's Southeastern U.S. & Caribbean Society region. The award recognized Heuer's work as vice president and chair of the programming committee for the Nashville CFA Society.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values®," Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast with more than 3,000 personnel. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
SOURCE Crowe Horwath LLP
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 9, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 251
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 127
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 185
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 371
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 352
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 424
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:15 AM EST Reads: 223
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 9, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 360
Data-as-a-Service is the complete package for the transformation of raw data into meaningful data assets and the delivery of those data assets. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lakshmi Randall, an industry expert, analyst and strategist, will address: What is DaaS (Data-as-a-Service)? Challenges addressed by DaaS Vendors that are enabling DaaS Architecture options for DaaS
Feb. 9, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 336
One of the bewildering things about DevOps is integrating the massive toolchain including the dozens of new tools that seem to crop up every year. Part of DevOps is Continuous Delivery and having a complex toolchain can add additional integration and setup to your developer environment. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Miko Matsumura, Chief Marketing Officer of Gradle Inc., will discuss which tools to use in a developer stack, how to provision the toolchain to minimize onboa...
Feb. 9, 2016 07:45 AM EST
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 07:15 AM EST Reads: 215
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 182
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 290
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:45 AM EST Reads: 168
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 9, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 176