|By PR Newswire||
|March 20, 2014 10:44 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- National awards programs recognized Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., and 26 of its personnel. In addition, seven people were recognized by programs in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Crowe was on the InformationWeek500 list for the second year in a row. The list, compiled by InformationWeek magazine, recognizes the nation's top 500 innovative business teams that take unconventional approaches in the use of new technology and models to capture business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2013 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Composed of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance. This is the third consecutive year Allen has appeared on the list.
- Kevin McGrath, current Crowe Horwath International CEO and former chief operating officer of Crowe Horwath LLP, was recognized in the top 20 of International Accounting Bulletin's (IAB) Global Accountancy Power 50 list. The IAB recognizes the 50 most powerful people in the profession with the Next 50 as potentials who might make the list next year. Allen was named to the Next 50 list.
- Jill Czerwinski, a senior manager in Risk Consulting services in the Chicago office, was named one of Consulting Magazine's Rising Stars of the Profession in the "Excellence in Client Service" category.
- Mary Ann Travers, a partner in Financial Advisory Services in the Oak Brook office, was named one of CPA Practice Advisor's 2013 Most Powerful Women in Accounting. The award recognizes influential women in the accounting profession who demonstrate leadership and commitment.
- Brian Kistler, a manager in Risk Consulting services in the Atlanta office, was selected to Internal Auditor magazine's "Top Auditors Under 30" list.
- Andrew Leeth, senior staff in Risk Consulting services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Americas Information Security Leadership Awards (ISLA) in the "Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional" category.
- The Crowe marketing campaign for the financial services group of Performance services received the Best Nurturing Campaign Award at the Killer Content Awards, presented by the e-publication Demand Gen Report. Among the campaign's contributors were Tom Bamborough, Angela Blankenship, Jason Bomers, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Mike Ghering, Dave Keever, Steve Kurylowicz, Jonathan Losey, Jessica Masters, MJ Meyering, Mohammad Nasar, MaryBeth Omness, Kate Reid, Tim Reimink, Dawn Shoemaker, Chris Sifter, Cara Spinniken, Jason Tran and Tinh Tran.
- Allen was featured on the "Who's Who in Chicago Business" Financial Services list in Crain's Chicago Business.
- Ben Matherly, a senior manager, and Courtney Scott, senior staff, both in Tax services in the South Bend office, were recognized in the 2013 Class of Michiana "Forty Under 40" program, presented by the St. Joseph's County Chamber of Commerce.
- Alicia Antonetti-Tricker, a senior manager in the government group within Performance services in the Indianapolis office, was among the 100 finalists for Indy's 2013 "Best and Brightest" in the Government category.
- Pete Ugo, a partner in Audit services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" program.
- Jennifer Monaghan, a partner in the financial services group within Audit services in the Louisville office, was recognized with the Outstanding Committee Member Award by the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
- Christian Heuer, a senior manager in Financial Advisory Services in the Nashville office, received the 2013 Volunteer of the Year Award from the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute's Southeastern U.S. & Caribbean Society region. The award recognized Heuer's work as vice president and chair of the programming committee for the Nashville CFA Society.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values®," Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast with more than 3,000 personnel. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
SOURCE Crowe Horwath LLP
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,116
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,797
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 436
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 23, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 438
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,949
"C2M is our digital transformation and IoT platform. We've had C2M on the market for almost three years now and it has a comprehensive set of functionalities that it brings to the market," explained Mahesh Ramu, Vice President, IoT Strategy and Operations at Plasma, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,026
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,888
Traditional IT, great for stable systems of record, is struggling to cope with newer, agile systems of engagement requirements coming straight from the business. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, William Morrish, General Manager of Product Sales at Interoute, outlined ways of exploiting new architectures to enable both systems and building them to support your existing platforms, with an eye for the future. Technologies such as Docker and the hyper-convergence of computing, networking and sto...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 949
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,720
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 23, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,000
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,912
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Jul. 23, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 809
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 651
It’s 2016: buildings are smart, connected and the IoT is fundamentally altering how control and operating systems work and speak to each other. Platforms across the enterprise are networked via inexpensive sensors to collect massive amounts of data for analytics, information management, and insights that can be used to continuously improve operations. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Brian Chemel, Co-Founder and CTO of Digital Lumens, will explore: The benefits sensor-networked systems bring to ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,432
Much of IT terminology is often misused and misapplied. Modernization and transformation are two such terms. They are often used interchangeably even though they mean different things and have very different connotations. Indeed, it is somewhat safe to assume that in IT any transformative effort is likely to also have a modernizing effect, and thus, we can see these as levels of improvement efforts. However, many businesses are being led to believe if they don’t transform now they risk becoming ...
Jul. 23, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,046