|By PR Newswire||
|March 20, 2014 10:44 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- National awards programs recognized Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., and 26 of its personnel. In addition, seven people were recognized by programs in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Crowe was on the InformationWeek500 list for the second year in a row. The list, compiled by InformationWeek magazine, recognizes the nation's top 500 innovative business teams that take unconventional approaches in the use of new technology and models to capture business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2013 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Composed of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance. This is the third consecutive year Allen has appeared on the list.
- Kevin McGrath, current Crowe Horwath International CEO and former chief operating officer of Crowe Horwath LLP, was recognized in the top 20 of International Accounting Bulletin's (IAB) Global Accountancy Power 50 list. The IAB recognizes the 50 most powerful people in the profession with the Next 50 as potentials who might make the list next year. Allen was named to the Next 50 list.
- Jill Czerwinski, a senior manager in Risk Consulting services in the Chicago office, was named one of Consulting Magazine's Rising Stars of the Profession in the "Excellence in Client Service" category.
- Mary Ann Travers, a partner in Financial Advisory Services in the Oak Brook office, was named one of CPA Practice Advisor's 2013 Most Powerful Women in Accounting. The award recognizes influential women in the accounting profession who demonstrate leadership and commitment.
- Brian Kistler, a manager in Risk Consulting services in the Atlanta office, was selected to Internal Auditor magazine's "Top Auditors Under 30" list.
- Andrew Leeth, senior staff in Risk Consulting services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Americas Information Security Leadership Awards (ISLA) in the "Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional" category.
- The Crowe marketing campaign for the financial services group of Performance services received the Best Nurturing Campaign Award at the Killer Content Awards, presented by the e-publication Demand Gen Report. Among the campaign's contributors were Tom Bamborough, Angela Blankenship, Jason Bomers, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Mike Ghering, Dave Keever, Steve Kurylowicz, Jonathan Losey, Jessica Masters, MJ Meyering, Mohammad Nasar, MaryBeth Omness, Kate Reid, Tim Reimink, Dawn Shoemaker, Chris Sifter, Cara Spinniken, Jason Tran and Tinh Tran.
- Allen was featured on the "Who's Who in Chicago Business" Financial Services list in Crain's Chicago Business.
- Ben Matherly, a senior manager, and Courtney Scott, senior staff, both in Tax services in the South Bend office, were recognized in the 2013 Class of Michiana "Forty Under 40" program, presented by the St. Joseph's County Chamber of Commerce.
- Alicia Antonetti-Tricker, a senior manager in the government group within Performance services in the Indianapolis office, was among the 100 finalists for Indy's 2013 "Best and Brightest" in the Government category.
- Pete Ugo, a partner in Audit services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" program.
- Jennifer Monaghan, a partner in the financial services group within Audit services in the Louisville office, was recognized with the Outstanding Committee Member Award by the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
- Christian Heuer, a senior manager in Financial Advisory Services in the Nashville office, received the 2013 Volunteer of the Year Award from the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute's Southeastern U.S. & Caribbean Society region. The award recognized Heuer's work as vice president and chair of the programming committee for the Nashville CFA Society.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values®," Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast with more than 3,000 personnel. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
SOURCE Crowe Horwath LLP
I'm a lonely sensor. I spend all day telling the world how I'm feeling, but none of the other sensors seem to care. I want to be connected. I want to build relationships with other sensors to be more useful for my human. I want my human to understand that when my friends next door are too hot for a while, I'll soon be flaming. And when all my friends go outside without me, I may be left behind. Don't just log my data; use the relationship graph. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Boyd, Engi...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,401
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, will discuss key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the a...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 658
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,714
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pulzze Systems will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Pulzze Systems, Inc. provides infrastructure products for the Internet of Things to enable any connected device and system to carry out matched operations without programming. For more information, visit http://www.pulzzesystems.com.
Sep. 30, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,920
We’ve been doing it for years, decades for some. How many websites have you created accounts on? Your bank, your credit card companies, social media sites, hotels and travel sites, online shopping sites, and that’s just the start. We do it often without even thinking about it, quickly entering our personal information, our data, in a plethora of systems. Sometimes we’re not even aware of the information we are providing. It could be very personal information (think of the security questions you ...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,880
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,234
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,067
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,747
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,934
WebRTC adoption has generated a wave of creative uses of communications and collaboration through websites, sales apps, customer care and business applications. As WebRTC has become more mainstream it has evolved to use cases beyond the original peer-to-peer case, which has led to a repeating requirement for interoperability with existing infrastructures. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Graham Holt, Executive Vice President of Daitan Group, will cover implementation examples that have enabled ea...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, provided tips on how to be successful in large scale machine learning...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,432
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,638
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software sec...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,389
SYS-CON Events announced today that Numerex Corp, a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT), will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Numerex Corp. (NASDAQ:NMRX) is a leading provider of managed enterprise solutions enabling the Internet of Things (IoT). The Company's solutions produce new revenue streams or create operating...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,083
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,192