|By PR Newswire||
|March 20, 2014 10:44 AM EDT||
CHICAGO, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- National awards programs recognized Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the U.S., and 26 of its personnel. In addition, seven people were recognized by programs in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
- Crowe was on the InformationWeek500 list for the second year in a row. The list, compiled by InformationWeek magazine, recognizes the nation's top 500 innovative business teams that take unconventional approaches in the use of new technology and models to capture business opportunities and solve complex business problems.
- CEO Chuck Allen was named to the 2013 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Directorship 100. Composed of more than 11,000 members, the NACD recognizes the top 100 most influential people in corporate governance. This is the third consecutive year Allen has appeared on the list.
- Kevin McGrath, current Crowe Horwath International CEO and former chief operating officer of Crowe Horwath LLP, was recognized in the top 20 of International Accounting Bulletin's (IAB) Global Accountancy Power 50 list. The IAB recognizes the 50 most powerful people in the profession with the Next 50 as potentials who might make the list next year. Allen was named to the Next 50 list.
- Jill Czerwinski, a senior manager in Risk Consulting services in the Chicago office, was named one of Consulting Magazine's Rising Stars of the Profession in the "Excellence in Client Service" category.
- Mary Ann Travers, a partner in Financial Advisory Services in the Oak Brook office, was named one of CPA Practice Advisor's 2013 Most Powerful Women in Accounting. The award recognizes influential women in the accounting profession who demonstrate leadership and commitment.
- Brian Kistler, a manager in Risk Consulting services in the Atlanta office, was selected to Internal Auditor magazine's "Top Auditors Under 30" list.
- Andrew Leeth, senior staff in Risk Consulting services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Americas Information Security Leadership Awards (ISLA) in the "Up-and-Coming Information Security Professional" category.
- The Crowe marketing campaign for the financial services group of Performance services received the Best Nurturing Campaign Award at the Killer Content Awards, presented by the e-publication Demand Gen Report. Among the campaign's contributors were Tom Bamborough, Angela Blankenship, Jason Bomers, Christine Elliott, Andrea Flachs, Mike Ghering, Dave Keever, Steve Kurylowicz, Jonathan Losey, Jessica Masters, MJ Meyering, Mohammad Nasar, MaryBeth Omness, Kate Reid, Tim Reimink, Dawn Shoemaker, Chris Sifter, Cara Spinniken, Jason Tran and Tinh Tran.
- Allen was featured on the "Who's Who in Chicago Business" Financial Services list in Crain's Chicago Business.
- Ben Matherly, a senior manager, and Courtney Scott, senior staff, both in Tax services in the South Bend office, were recognized in the 2013 Class of Michiana "Forty Under 40" program, presented by the St. Joseph's County Chamber of Commerce.
- Alicia Antonetti-Tricker, a senior manager in the government group within Performance services in the Indianapolis office, was among the 100 finalists for Indy's 2013 "Best and Brightest" in the Government category.
- Pete Ugo, a partner in Audit services in the Indianapolis office, was recognized by the Indianapolis Business Journal's "Forty Under 40" program.
- Jennifer Monaghan, a partner in the financial services group within Audit services in the Louisville office, was recognized with the Outstanding Committee Member Award by the Kentucky Society of CPAs.
- Christian Heuer, a senior manager in Financial Advisory Services in the Nashville office, received the 2013 Volunteer of the Year Award from the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute's Southeastern U.S. & Caribbean Society region. The award recognized Heuer's work as vice president and chair of the programming committee for the Nashville CFA Society.
About Crowe Horwath
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of "Building Value with Values®," Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast with more than 3,000 personnel. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
SOURCE Crowe Horwath LLP
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,186
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Jul. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 453
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Jul. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 343
"AgilData is the next generation of dbShards. It just adds a whole bunch more functionality to improve the developer experience," noted Dan Lynn, CEO of AgilData, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 895
The basic integration architecture, as defined by ESBs, hasn’t changed for more than a decade. Most cloud integration providers still rely on an ESB architecture and their proprietary connectors. As a result, enterprise integration projects suffer from constraints of availability and reliability of these connectors that are not re-usable across other integration vendors. However, the rapid adoption of APIs and almost ubiquitous availability of APIs amongst most SaaS and Cloud applications are ra...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 817
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 586
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Jul. 3, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 360
The most often asked question post-DevOps introduction is: “How do I get started?” There’s plenty of information on why DevOps is valid and important, but many managers still struggle with simple basics for how to initiate a DevOps program in their business. They struggle with issues related to current organizational inertia, the lack of experience on Continuous Integration/Delivery, understanding where DevOps will affect revenue and budget, etc. In their session at DevOps Summit, JP Morgenthal...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 905
"We help to transform an organization and their operations and make them more efficient, more agile, and more nimble to move into the cloud or to move between cloud providers and create an agnostic tool set," noted Jeremy Steinert, DevOps Services Practice Lead at WSM International, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 810
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,177
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 3, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,131
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises ar...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 541
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. ...
Jul. 3, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,159
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,388
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,274