|By PR Newswire||
|March 20, 2014 04:43 PM EDT||
LUXEMBOURG, March 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Adecoagro S.A. (NYSE: AGRO, Bloomberg: AGRO US, Reuters: AGRO.K), one of the leading agricultural companies in South America, announced today its results for the fourth quarter of 2013.
Main highlights for the period:
Financial & Operational Highlights
- In the 2013 fiscal year, Adecoagro recorded an Adjusted EBITDA of $180.7 million, 28.4% higher than that of 2012. Adjusted EBITDA margin in 2013 reached 28.9% compared to 23.8% in 2012.
- In 4Q13, Adjusted EBITDA was $66.5 million with an Adjusted EBITDA margin of 42.1%, compared to $68.5 million and 40.0% in 4Q12, respectively.
- The Farming and Land Transformation businesses' Adjusted EBITDA in 4Q13 was 38.5 million, 17.6% higher than 4Q12. This increase is mainly explained by: (i) higher rice yields and white rice prices; (ii) an increase in cow productivity coupled with higher milk prices in the dairy business; and (iii) the sale of the San Martin and San Agustin farms which generated a $21.3 million gain in 4Q13 compared to a $19.4 million gain in 4Q12.
On an annual basis, Adjusted EBITDA grew by 29.6%, from $68.6 million in 2012 to $88.9 million mainly driven by: (i) operational and financial performance in the dairy and rice businesses; (ii) gains generated from our commodity hedge position; and (iii) the sale of five developed farms generating $28.2 million gains in 2013 compared to $27.5 million the previous year.
- In the Sugar, Ethanol and Energy business, the fourth quarter of 2013 marked the conclusion of the 2013/14 sugarcane harvest. Favorable weather during the quarter allowed our mills to increase the pace of milling, which reached a total of 1.8 million tons, marking a 28.7% growth quarter-over-quarter. Adjusted EBITDA of our Sugar, Ethanol and Energy business during 4Q13 was $35.2 million with an EBITDA margin of 33.9%, compared to $42.3 million and 43.2% in 4Q12, respectively. This reduction was mainly driven by: (i) 9.2% lower TRS content as a result of the frost which impacted the Center-South region of Brazil in mid July 2013; (ii) lower sugar and ethanol prices; and (iii) the commercial strategy to carry sugar and ethanol inventories into the inter-harvest season to capture higher prices, postponing sales and margins to 1Q14.
On an annual basis, Adjusted EBITDA in 2013 totaled $115.2 million, 18.2% above 2012. Adjusted EBITDA margin during the period expanded to 38.8% from 36.2%. The improvement in financial performance was primarily driven by a 43.0% increase in cane milling, resulting from (i) a 16.0% expansion of our sugarcane plantation, (ii) the ramp up of the Ivinhema mill which increased our nominal crushing capacity by 2.0 million tons, and (iii) a 4.6% increase in sugarcane yields. The growth in crushing and production was partially offset by: (i) a 5.4% reduction in TRS content; (ii) lower sugar and ethanol prices throughout the year; and (iii) our commercial strategy to increase year-end sugar and ethanol inventories by 58.6% and 45.5% respectively, as explained above.
- Consolidated Net Income in 2013 totaled a loss of $25.8 million, compared to a $9.3 million gain in 2012. Despite the 28.5% growth in Adjusted EBITDA, the net loss is mainly explained by: (i) a $55.7 million non-cash loss generated by the mark-to-market of our long term biological assets (primarily sugarcane); (ii) a 19.0 million loss resulting from the mark-to-market of currency derivatives used to hedge future US dollar inflows generated by our forward sugar sales; (iii) a $25.9 million increase in accrued interest expenses as a result of lower interest income, and higher interest expenses resulting from an increase in oustanding debt and lower capitalization of interests related to growth projects; and (iv) a $23.6 million foreign exchange loss, generated by the impact of the depreciation of the Brazilian Reais and Argentine Peso on our outsanding dollar-denominated debt.
- Farm Sales: During the fourth quarter, Adecoagro successfully sold the San Agustin and San Martin farms. The San Agustin farm was sold for $17.5 million, representing a 19% premium over the latest Cushman and Wakefield independent appraisal. The transaction generated $14.9 million of Adjusted EBITDA and resulted in an IRR of 20.3%. The San Martin farm was sold for $7.8 million, representing a 15% premium over Cushman and Wakefield. The transaction generated $6.3 million of Adjusted EBITDA and resulted in an IRR of 34%.
In aggregate, during 2013 Adecoagro monetized five farms or 14.2 thousand hectares of its developed land portfolio. All farms were sold at premiums to the Cushman & Wakefield independent appraisal dated September 30, 2013 and generated in aggregate $59.4 million dollars of cash proceeds and $28.2 million of Adjusted EBITDA.
- Sugar, Ethanol & Energy Expansion: The construction of the first phase of the Ivinhema mill was completed during the beginning of 2013 on schedule and budget. Ivinhema's milling operations commenced on April 25, 2013, with 2.0 million tons of nominal crushing capacity, generating important synergies and efficiencies with the Angelica mill.
We are currently commencing the construction of the second phase of Ivinhema, which will expand milling capacity to 5.0 million tons per year by 2015, rather than 4.0 million tons as originally planned. The enlargement of Phase 2 will allow Ivinhema to enhance operational efficiencies and economies of scale, improving operating margins and accelerating free cash flow generation.
Phase 2 will consist of expanding the milling equipment, building a new fluidized bed boiler, 2 new electrical generators and expanding the sugar factory and ethanol distillery. Annual production is expected to increase to 300,000 tons of sugar, 240,000 cubic meters of ethanol and 360,000 MWh of energy exports. Total capital expenditure is estimated at BRL 583 million.
- Share Repurchase Program: On September 23, 2013, Adecoagro announced that its Board of Directors had authorized the implementation of a share repurchase program for up to 5% of the outstanding shares over the next 12-months. As of the date of this report, Adecoagro repurchased a total of 2.3 million shares or 1.9% of shares outstanding.
To read the full 4Q13 earnings release, please access ir.adecoagro.com. A conference call to discuss 4Q13 results will be held tomorrow with live webcast through the internet:
English Conference Call
Mar 21, 2014
11 a.m. (US EST)
12 p.m. Buenos Aires
12 p.m. Sao Paulo
4 p.m. Luxembourg
Tel: (877) 317-6776
Participants calling from the US
Tel: +1 (412) 317-6776
Participants calling from other countries
Access Code: Adecoagro
Investor Relations Department
Charlie Boero Hughes
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +54 (11) 4836-8651
Adecoagro is a leading agricultural company in South America. Adecoagro owns over 269 thousand hectares of farmland and several industrial facilities spread across the most productive regions of Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, where it produces over 1.3 million tons of agricultural products including corn, wheat, soybeans, rice, dairy products, sugar, ethanol and electricity among others.
SOURCE Adecoagro S.A.
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,806
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,927
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 675
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,600
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,913
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 729
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,486
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 740
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,651
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,418
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 845
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 684
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 28, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,955
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,124
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 28, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 700