|By PR Newswire||
|March 25, 2014 07:30 AM EDT||
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., March 25, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The unprecedented Target breach and US National Security Agency spying scandal have put cybersecurity in the global spotlight. With cyberattacks on the rise, it's even more critical for enterprises and government agencies to know how to identify weaknesses and safeguard infrastructure from incursions.
IEEE Computer Society, the global community for technology leaders, has announced that it will host the Rock Stars of Cybersecurity conference on September 24 in Austin, Texas. This must-attend one-day event will feature well-respected cybersecurity authorities from leading companies discussing how to secure operations and respond to today's security threats.
Speakers at the Rock Stars of Cybersecurity conference include:
- Peter Allor, Cyber Security Strategist - Federal, IBM
- Peter Fonash, Chief Technology Officer, US Department of Homeland Security
- Peder Jungck, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, BAE
- Sarath Geethakumar, Senior Director – Global Information Security, VISA,
- Gary McGraw, Chief Technology Officer, Cigital, and
- Brett Whalin, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, HP.
For a limited time, attendees can take advantage of Super Early-Bird registration and save more than 30 percent off full price. Register now at the affordable rate of $229 — for an entire day's worth of presentations, networking, and more. Team, member, and student pricing are also available.
At Rock Stars of Cybersecurity, attendees will learn:
- Effective strategies for securing business operations
- New and innovative approaches to responding to today's security threats
- How government agencies are balancing cybersecurity threats and privacy
- How to implement a secure enterprise architecture
- Big data's implications for security analytics, and
- Implications of the cybersecurity skills shortage on the ability to respond to attacks.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society
Aug. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 343
Aug. 27, 2015 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 379
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 434
Aug. 27, 2015 05:45 PM EDT
Aug. 27, 2015 04:15 PM EDT
Aug. 27, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 376
Aug. 27, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 300
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT
Aug. 27, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 507
Aug. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 300
Aug. 27, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 323
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 162
Aug. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 282
Aug. 27, 2015 11:30 AM EDT
Aug. 27, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 386