|By Business Wire||
|March 26, 2014 03:01 AM EDT||
Elemental Technologies, the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery, today announced its plans to demonstrate new functionality of its video processing platform at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) annual conference and exhibition in Las Vegas, April 7-10. The company will bring a host of software-based solutions to the show that give pay TV operators, content programmers, broadcasters and enterprise customers the ability to implement flexible and scalable video architectures for both traditional broadcast and multiscreen service offerings.
Elemental will showcase the components of its video processing platform in booth SU2724. The company will highlight new features made available in its most recent software release and will also demonstrate its integration with numerous industry partners throughout the show floor, including Adobe, Accedo, aioTV, Akamai, Brightsign, Broadcom, DivX, Dolby Laboratories, DTS, Entone, GPAC Licensing, Grass Valley, Level 3, RED, STMicroelectronics, Verimatrix, ViXS and others.
Demonstration highlights include:
- Software Release 2.4 – This major release includes continuing advancements to HEVC adaptive bitrate profiles and full frame 4K Ultra HD HEVC encoding, enhanced support for Adobe Primetime DRM, updated presets for the latest YouTube specification, MXF Op-1a compliant outputs and expanded support for ad insertion and captioning. The release also includes optimizations to the Elemental Video Engine for improved performance, enhanced ease of use, and finer encoder control via REST-XML APIs.
- Virtualized Video Processing – An end-to-end live video processing workflow will be featured in virtual deployments running on VMware and Citrix XenServer. The demonstration will include video encoding, packaging and management with live streaming to an array of PC and mobile devices.
- Video Processing in the Cloud – Elemental Cloud will be shown with a live-to-VOD application in a broadcast workflow using HEVC as a contribution format to reduce bandwidth for content sourced remotely and delivered to the cloud for processing. Adaptive bitrate outputs will be streamed to the NAB show floor with Catch-up TV capabilities. The demonstration will also feature cloud bursting scenarios, where peaks in video processing demand are automatically absorbed using elastic resources.
- HEVC Video Processing – A variety of live and file-based 4K and HEVC streaming applications will be demonstrated, including delivery of real-time Ultra HD HEVC content over the Internet in the MPEG-DASH format. Demonstrations in conjunction with industry partners will feature encoding up to 4Kp60. Because Elemental has the power to perform full frame 4K encoding, the tearing, scene change and stream synchronization issues associated with portioning and reconstructing 4K frames during the compression process are eliminated.
- Technology Advancements – Side-by-side technology demonstrations will feature a look at H.264 vs. HEVC encoded content, 8-bit vs. 10-bit color depth and 4Kp30 vs. 4Kp60 video processing. Elemental will also show its capability to stream content in multiple formats to an array of decoder chipsets and set-top boxes.
“Elemental’s software-defined video solutions enable customers to take an infrastructure agnostic approach to implementing flexible, scalable and easily upgradable video architectures,” said Keith Wymbs, chief marketing officer for Elemental. “This advancement to our solution set allows those with large-scale video applications to deploy software across an optimal combination of dedicated and virtualized resources in both private and public data centers.”
Other activities: Elemental will host a cocktail reception in booth SU2724 on Tuesday, April 8, from 5 to 6 pm to which all NAB attendees are welcome. Over the course of the show, visitors to the Elemental booth will also have the opportunity to win a 4K Go Pro HD camera, courtesy of Elemental. In addition, Elemental will demonstrate its technology and act as the presenting sponsor at the Technology Leadership Awards Monday, April 7 at the Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. The event begins at 6:30pm in Ballroom A. Finally, Elemental is slated to participate in two panel discussions on Monday, April 7 at Connected Media World. Engaging with the Digital Customer takes place at 12:30pm and The Changing Shape of Internet Usage will be held at 3pm. To schedule a meeting with an Elemental representative at NAB, please contact us.
Elemental Technologies is the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Portland, Oregon, the company pioneered the use of software-based video processing to distribute video over IP networks. Elemental solutions provide the flexibility, scalability and performance required to deliver high quality video via turnkey, cloud-based and virtualized deployment models. Powering video experiences for more than 400 leading media franchises worldwide, Elemental helps pay TV operators, content programmers, broadcasters and enterprise customers bring video to any screen, anytime – all at once. The company has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, China, Russia, India and Brazil. To learn more, please visit www.elementaltechnologies.com and follow @elementaltech on Twitter.
Jul. 31, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,041
Jul. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,337
Jul. 30, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,944
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,320
Jul. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,497
Jul. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,768
Jul. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
Jul. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,777
Jul. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,311
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,283
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 587
Jul. 30, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,128
Jul. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 660
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,080