|By Business Wire||
|March 27, 2014 06:34 PM EDT||
FOSE, the largest, most comprehensive event serving the government technology community, is kicking off a day early this year with targeted half-day and full-day workshops designed to provide attendees with hands-on training in a variety of disciplines from winning government contracts to understanding the impact of the knowledge age. These new pre-event workshops, led by experts in the field, will take place on Monday, May 12, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., and will be followed by the FOSE 2014 conference and expo, May 13-15.
“By enhancing our attendees’ experience in 2014 with intensive and interactive workshops, FOSE is an even more valuable resource for government technology professionals,” said David Myers, event director, Government Events at 1105 Media. “At a single location, and in just a matter of days, FOSE attendees will be able to discover tools designed to help them do their jobs better, learn about best practices to improve agency operations and advance their personal career development with educational sessions and the opportunity to secure in-demand certifications.”
Full-day workshops, which cost $499 for government employees and contractors, and $599 for industry, include:
- “It’s the Knowledge Age. Do you know the impact on you personally?" – In 1993, Peter Drucker described a coming transformation, just as Knowledge Management (KM) appeared on the horizon. Most technologists think KM is just another IT application, but it’s really the first wave of a radical transformation. Drucker’s future is here, and as a result many individual career paths and organizations will be swallowed up by this transformation, especially those that don’t lead the adaptation. In this workshop custom-designed for FOSE, leader Douglas Weidner, chairman of the International Knowledge Management Institute and chief CKM Instructor at the KM Institute, will help participants assess their individual prospects and career opportunities, and for executives, explain the imperatives and implications of the Knowledge Age. Those who complete the workshop will gain credit toward either Certified Knowledge Practitioner (CKP)™ or Personal Knowledge Manager (PKM)™ certifications.
- Becoming a Certified Information Professional – Denise Bedford, Goodyear professor of Knowledge Management at Kent State University, will show how, in this fast-paced world of technology, it's not enough to be a deep subject matter expert – you have to understand the big picture. In this workshop, participants will learn what it means to be a certified information professional, including how they need broader skills set than what is traditionally found within records management, document management or IT departments. Today’s certified information professionals must understand the management, use and application of information, as well as the knowledge and social assets across the organization.
- Information Assurance (IA) for Managers – Led by Michael Riley, Information Systems Security Line of Business manager for Edgesource, this workshop will provide managers with topical information to complete their responsibilities for overseeing information security programs and employees. Attendees will participate in multiple group problem-solving exercises, including a risk assessment exercise.
- Introduction to Agile Business Intelligence – The challenges of meeting a growing demand by stakeholders for the ability to harvest information, gain insight, and share knowledge in support of proactive decision-making grows ever more important as data volume and complexity grow in our dynamic environment. This, coupled with a dramatic evolution of business intelligence and sophisticated analytics, will continue to drive user expectations of “anywhere, anytime, anyway” on-demand intuitive access. In this workshop, Karen Degner, an independent consultant with BlackBox Partners, will explore agile, lean and hybrid approaches to business intelligence (BI), data governance, data management and data warehouse. A Professional Development Unit (PDU) for each hour of training will be offered for the completion of this workshop.
Half-day workshops, which cost $299 for government employees and contractors, and $399 for industry, include:
- Information To Win™: FPDS-NG Beginner/Intermediate – Led by Guy Timberlake, chief visionary officer for The American Small Business Coalition, this interactive workshop will help neophytes and veterans of government contracting to develop a better understanding of and ability to use information they see and hear every day for decision-making related to finding and winning government contracts and subcontracts. Participants will learn how to leverage the data and information contained in the Federal Procurement Data System Next Generation (FPDS-NG), the primary source of government contracting historical transaction data used by free and fee-based information services.
- Guerilla Market Intelligence for Small Federal Contractors™ – This workshop, also led by Timberlake, will change how participants look for, look at and use information. Guerilla Market Intelligence for Small Federal Contractors™ is an abridged version of the Ethical Stalking for Government Contractors™, an eight-hour lecture and lab program that previous attendees credit with helping them to identify key market information not available through traditional information sources, and saving time and money for their companies in the area of opportunity identification and capture.
Workshop participants on May 12 can benefit from further education on May 13-15 at the free FOSE Expo, which brings together hundreds of vendors – from local suppliers to Fortune 500 companies that are among the most-trusted technology suppliers servicing government and private industry. Government personnel also receive entry to the FOSE conference program, featuring sessions on the proven tools and strategies presented by leading technology implementers in 7 tracks including: Cloud & Virtualization, Cybersecurity, Cybercrime and Cyberterrorism, Mobile Government, Big Data and Records Management , Project Management, and Acquisition and Procurement. Government contractors and industry personnel can attend the conference for one day, or all three days, at an economic rate. To register, visit the FOSE website.
For 37 years, FOSE has served as the nation's premier event for government technology professionals seeking tools and best practices to equip their agency for the 21st century. From policy updates—straight from the Hill—to exclusive insights from today's leading authorities to the most comprehensive showcase of technology in action—it's all at FOSE. For more information, visit www.FOSE.com. Please click here to register as press.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Aug. 30, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,448
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Aug. 30, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 471
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 30, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,856
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 30, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,240
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 30, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,051
With over 720 million Internet users and 40–50% CAGR, the Chinese Cloud Computing market has been booming. When talking about cloud computing, what are the Chinese users of cloud thinking about? What is the most powerful force that can push them to make the buying decision? How to tap into them? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yu Hao, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, answered these questions and discussed the results of SpeedyCloud’s survey.
Aug. 30, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,346
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 30, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,939
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 30, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,668
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 29, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,491
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 29, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,450
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,877
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Aug. 29, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 926
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,985
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 855
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business in 2016. However, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, a renowned visionary and thought leader, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will drill down to the components in this fra...
Aug. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 358