|By PR Newswire||
|March 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
DALLAS, March 29, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Self-Organizing Network (SON) technology minimizes the lifecycle cost of running a wireless carrier network by eliminating manual configuration of equipment at the time of deployment, right through to dynamically optimizing performance and troubleshooting during operation. This can significantly reduce the cost of the carrier's services, improving the OpEx to revenue ratio.
Amid growing demands for mobile broadband connectivity, wireless carriers are keen to capitalize on SON to minimize rollout delays and operational expenditures associated with their ongoing LTE and small cell deployments. Complet report available @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/276915-the-self-organizing-networks-son-ecosystem-2014-2020.html. 709 Companies are listed in the report.
Originally targeted for the Radio Access Network (RAN) segment of wireless carrier networks, SON technology is now also utilized in the mobile core and mobile backhaul segments. Furthermore, the SON ecosystem is increasingly witnessing convergence with other technological innovations such as Big Data analytics and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).
Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $3 Billion by the end of 2016, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by over 20%.
The "Self-Organizing Networks (SON) Ecosystem: 2014 – 2020" report presents an in-depth assessment of the SON and associated mobile network optimization ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, OpEx and CapEx savings potential, use cases, SON deployment case studies, future roadmap, value chain, vendor analysis and strategies. The report also presents revenue forecasts for both SON and conventional mobile network optimization, along with individual projections for 8 SON submarkets from 2014 through to 2020. Historical figures are also presented for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Purchase Report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=276915.
- Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $3 Billion by the end of 2016, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by over 20%
- Driven by large scale TD-LTE rollouts and ongoing SON deployments, the Asia Pacific region will account for nearly 40% of the global mobile network optimization market by 2016
- The research estimates that SON can enable wireless carriers to save up to 35% of their electrical power consumption by dynamically by activating and deactivating RAN nodes in line with the changing traffic and user distribution profile
- The research estimates that a Tier 1 wireless carrier can save as much as 32% of its overall OpEx by employing SON across the RAN, mobile core and mobile backhaul segments of the network
- Wireless carriers have reported up to a 40% reduction in dropped calls and over 20% higher data rates with SON implementation
- Infrastructure and software incumbents are aggressively eyeing on acquisitions of smaller established C-SON players to accelerate their early entry path into the C-SON market
- Conventional mobile network planning & optimization
- SON technology and architecture
- Key benefits and market drivers of SON
- Challenges to SON adoption
- SON use cases
- SON deployment case studies
- Company profiles and strategies of over 60 SON ecosystem players
- OpEx and CapEx saving analysis of SON
- Wireless network infrastructure spending and traffic projections
- Wireless network infrastructure industry roadmap and value chain
- Future roadmap of the SON ecosystem
- Convergence of SON with other technologies (such as Big Data analytics)
- Strategic recommendations for SON solution providers, wireless infrastructure OEMs and wireless carriers
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2014 till 2020
Market forecasts and historical figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
Mobile Network Optimization
- Conventional Mobile Network Planning & Optimization
- Macrocell RAN
- HetNet/Small Cell RAN
- Mobile Core
- Mobile Backhaul
SON Architecture Submarkets
- C-SON (Centralized SON)
- D-SON (Distributed SON)
SON Wireless Network Generation Submarkets
SON CapEx & OpEx Savings Submarkets
- Mobile Core
- Mobile Backhaul
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Get Discount on th report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=276915.
Key Questions Answered:
- How big is the SON and mobile network optimization ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key SON vendors and what are their strategies?
- What is the outlook for QoE based SON solutions?
- What is the outlook for C-SON and D-SON adoption?
- What is the outlook for SON associated OpEx savings by region?
- How will SON investments compare with those on traditional mobile network optimization?
- What opportunities exist for SON in mobile core and mobile backhaul?
- How will SON use cases evolve overtime in 3GPP releases?
- Which regions will see the highest number of SON investments?
- How much will wireless carriers invest in SON solutions?
Explore other reports on IT & Telecommunication Market.
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Media Contact: Priyank Tiwari, ReportsnReports, +1 888 391 5441, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,670
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:15 PM EST Reads: 855
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,720
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 4,966
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 346
Fact is, enterprises have significant legacy voice infrastructure that’s costly to replace with pure IP solutions. How can we bring this analog infrastructure into our shiny new cloud applications? There are proven methods to bind both legacy voice applications and traditional PSTN audio into cloud-based applications and services at a carrier scale. Some of the most successful implementations leverage WebRTC, WebSockets, SIP and other open source technologies. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Da...
Dec. 2, 2016 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,553
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Dec. 2, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 3,911
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 3,981
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,475
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 364
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 4,076
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,103
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 2, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,969
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 363
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 346