|By PR Newswire||
|March 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
DALLAS, March 29, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Self-Organizing Network (SON) technology minimizes the lifecycle cost of running a wireless carrier network by eliminating manual configuration of equipment at the time of deployment, right through to dynamically optimizing performance and troubleshooting during operation. This can significantly reduce the cost of the carrier's services, improving the OpEx to revenue ratio.
Amid growing demands for mobile broadband connectivity, wireless carriers are keen to capitalize on SON to minimize rollout delays and operational expenditures associated with their ongoing LTE and small cell deployments. Complet report available @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/276915-the-self-organizing-networks-son-ecosystem-2014-2020.html. 709 Companies are listed in the report.
Originally targeted for the Radio Access Network (RAN) segment of wireless carrier networks, SON technology is now also utilized in the mobile core and mobile backhaul segments. Furthermore, the SON ecosystem is increasingly witnessing convergence with other technological innovations such as Big Data analytics and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).
Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $3 Billion by the end of 2016, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by over 20%.
The "Self-Organizing Networks (SON) Ecosystem: 2014 – 2020" report presents an in-depth assessment of the SON and associated mobile network optimization ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, OpEx and CapEx savings potential, use cases, SON deployment case studies, future roadmap, value chain, vendor analysis and strategies. The report also presents revenue forecasts for both SON and conventional mobile network optimization, along with individual projections for 8 SON submarkets from 2014 through to 2020. Historical figures are also presented for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Purchase Report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=276915.
- Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $3 Billion by the end of 2016, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by over 20%
- Driven by large scale TD-LTE rollouts and ongoing SON deployments, the Asia Pacific region will account for nearly 40% of the global mobile network optimization market by 2016
- The research estimates that SON can enable wireless carriers to save up to 35% of their electrical power consumption by dynamically by activating and deactivating RAN nodes in line with the changing traffic and user distribution profile
- The research estimates that a Tier 1 wireless carrier can save as much as 32% of its overall OpEx by employing SON across the RAN, mobile core and mobile backhaul segments of the network
- Wireless carriers have reported up to a 40% reduction in dropped calls and over 20% higher data rates with SON implementation
- Infrastructure and software incumbents are aggressively eyeing on acquisitions of smaller established C-SON players to accelerate their early entry path into the C-SON market
- Conventional mobile network planning & optimization
- SON technology and architecture
- Key benefits and market drivers of SON
- Challenges to SON adoption
- SON use cases
- SON deployment case studies
- Company profiles and strategies of over 60 SON ecosystem players
- OpEx and CapEx saving analysis of SON
- Wireless network infrastructure spending and traffic projections
- Wireless network infrastructure industry roadmap and value chain
- Future roadmap of the SON ecosystem
- Convergence of SON with other technologies (such as Big Data analytics)
- Strategic recommendations for SON solution providers, wireless infrastructure OEMs and wireless carriers
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2014 till 2020
Market forecasts and historical figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
Mobile Network Optimization
- Conventional Mobile Network Planning & Optimization
- Macrocell RAN
- HetNet/Small Cell RAN
- Mobile Core
- Mobile Backhaul
SON Architecture Submarkets
- C-SON (Centralized SON)
- D-SON (Distributed SON)
SON Wireless Network Generation Submarkets
SON CapEx & OpEx Savings Submarkets
- Mobile Core
- Mobile Backhaul
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Get Discount on th report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=276915.
Key Questions Answered:
- How big is the SON and mobile network optimization ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key SON vendors and what are their strategies?
- What is the outlook for QoE based SON solutions?
- What is the outlook for C-SON and D-SON adoption?
- What is the outlook for SON associated OpEx savings by region?
- How will SON investments compare with those on traditional mobile network optimization?
- What opportunities exist for SON in mobile core and mobile backhaul?
- How will SON use cases evolve overtime in 3GPP releases?
- Which regions will see the highest number of SON investments?
- How much will wireless carriers invest in SON solutions?
Explore other reports on IT & Telecommunication Market.
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Media Contact: Priyank Tiwari, ReportsnReports, +1 888 391 5441, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,955
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,802
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 27, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,986
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,308
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Aug. 27, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,762
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, wil...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 722
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,087
Enterprises have forever faced challenges surrounding the sharing of their intellectual property. Emerging cloud adoption has made it more compelling for enterprises to digitize their content, making them available over a wide variety of devices across the Internet. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Santosh Ahuja, Director of Architecture at Impiger Technologies, will introduce various mechanisms provided by cloud service providers today to manage and share digital content in a secure manner....
Aug. 27, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 728
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 27, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,572
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,881
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Aug. 27, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,631
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 27, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 578
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 27, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 769
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Aug. 27, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,450
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,347