|By PR Newswire||
|March 29, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
DALLAS, March 29, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Self-Organizing Network (SON) technology minimizes the lifecycle cost of running a wireless carrier network by eliminating manual configuration of equipment at the time of deployment, right through to dynamically optimizing performance and troubleshooting during operation. This can significantly reduce the cost of the carrier's services, improving the OpEx to revenue ratio.
Amid growing demands for mobile broadband connectivity, wireless carriers are keen to capitalize on SON to minimize rollout delays and operational expenditures associated with their ongoing LTE and small cell deployments. Complet report available @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/276915-the-self-organizing-networks-son-ecosystem-2014-2020.html. 709 Companies are listed in the report.
Originally targeted for the Radio Access Network (RAN) segment of wireless carrier networks, SON technology is now also utilized in the mobile core and mobile backhaul segments. Furthermore, the SON ecosystem is increasingly witnessing convergence with other technological innovations such as Big Data analytics and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI).
Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $3 Billion by the end of 2016, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by over 20%.
The "Self-Organizing Networks (SON) Ecosystem: 2014 – 2020" report presents an in-depth assessment of the SON and associated mobile network optimization ecosystem including key market drivers, challenges, OpEx and CapEx savings potential, use cases, SON deployment case studies, future roadmap, value chain, vendor analysis and strategies. The report also presents revenue forecasts for both SON and conventional mobile network optimization, along with individual projections for 8 SON submarkets from 2014 through to 2020. Historical figures are also presented for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
Purchase Report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=276915.
- Despite challenges relating to implementation complexities and multi-vendor interoperability, SON revenue is expected to grow to more than $3 Billion by the end of 2016, exceeding conventional mobile network optimization revenue by over 20%
- Driven by large scale TD-LTE rollouts and ongoing SON deployments, the Asia Pacific region will account for nearly 40% of the global mobile network optimization market by 2016
- The research estimates that SON can enable wireless carriers to save up to 35% of their electrical power consumption by dynamically by activating and deactivating RAN nodes in line with the changing traffic and user distribution profile
- The research estimates that a Tier 1 wireless carrier can save as much as 32% of its overall OpEx by employing SON across the RAN, mobile core and mobile backhaul segments of the network
- Wireless carriers have reported up to a 40% reduction in dropped calls and over 20% higher data rates with SON implementation
- Infrastructure and software incumbents are aggressively eyeing on acquisitions of smaller established C-SON players to accelerate their early entry path into the C-SON market
- Conventional mobile network planning & optimization
- SON technology and architecture
- Key benefits and market drivers of SON
- Challenges to SON adoption
- SON use cases
- SON deployment case studies
- Company profiles and strategies of over 60 SON ecosystem players
- OpEx and CapEx saving analysis of SON
- Wireless network infrastructure spending and traffic projections
- Wireless network infrastructure industry roadmap and value chain
- Future roadmap of the SON ecosystem
- Convergence of SON with other technologies (such as Big Data analytics)
- Strategic recommendations for SON solution providers, wireless infrastructure OEMs and wireless carriers
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2014 till 2020
Market forecasts and historical figures are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
Mobile Network Optimization
- Conventional Mobile Network Planning & Optimization
- Macrocell RAN
- HetNet/Small Cell RAN
- Mobile Core
- Mobile Backhaul
SON Architecture Submarkets
- C-SON (Centralized SON)
- D-SON (Distributed SON)
SON Wireless Network Generation Submarkets
SON CapEx & OpEx Savings Submarkets
- Mobile Core
- Mobile Backhaul
- Asia Pacific
- Eastern Europe
- Latin & Central America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Western Europe
Get Discount on th report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/discount.aspx?name=276915.
Key Questions Answered:
- How big is the SON and mobile network optimization ecosystem?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2020 and at what rate will it grow?
- What trends, challenges and barriers are influencing its growth?
- Who are the key SON vendors and what are their strategies?
- What is the outlook for QoE based SON solutions?
- What is the outlook for C-SON and D-SON adoption?
- What is the outlook for SON associated OpEx savings by region?
- How will SON investments compare with those on traditional mobile network optimization?
- What opportunities exist for SON in mobile core and mobile backhaul?
- How will SON use cases evolve overtime in 3GPP releases?
- Which regions will see the highest number of SON investments?
- How much will wireless carriers invest in SON solutions?
Explore other reports on IT & Telecommunication Market.
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Media Contact: Priyank Tiwari, ReportsnReports, +1 888 391 5441, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 393
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 224
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 399
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 480
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 448
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 395
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 346
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 30, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 133
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 464
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 153
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 223
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 191
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 291
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 271