|By PR Newswire||
|March 31, 2014 11:21 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, March 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tough Mudder, the world's most badass obstacle endurance challenge, is kicking off the 2014 season with new obstacles, new partners, and the unveiling of Mudder Legion, an exclusive group for the hardcore multi-Mudders who "bleed orange." This year, with more than 60 events across seven countries, Tough Mudder will reach more Mudders than ever before. Those ready to sack up can register for future events at the redesigned ToughMudder.com, while tickets are still available.
"With four years under our belt and over 1 million participants globally to date, we're hell-bent on continuing to deliver new, unconventional experiences to Mudders worldwide," said Will Dean, CEO and co-founder of Tough Mudder. "The 2014 season is going to be a carnival of tough, and we at TMHQ have been chomping at the bit to bring these innovations on the road."
NEW OBSTACLES IN 2014
2014 adds four new obstacles to the Tough Mudder course designers' ammunition belt. Tested extensively by the TMHQ Obstacle Innovation Team and a select group of DFW Mudders, the latest obstacles are among the most ambitious to ever hit the course.
- Vesuvius: Two stories high. Wall of fire. This is what a panic attack looks like.
- Human Pyramid: The only way to get over this obstacle is to get on top of each other. You're about to get really close to your teammates.
- Pole Dancer: Parallel bars – they're simple, but they're not easy. Hope you've been doing your dips at the gym.
- Family Feud: The spectators have the power now. Maybe they'll go easy on you. Probably not.
"This year, we invested even more time and resources in obstacle innovation to make the course experience more challenging and more satisfying to complete," said Nolan Kombol, Head of Course Design at Tough Mudder. "With new tests of teamwork, strength and mental grit, we're doubling down on all fronts to make sure our first-time and returning Mudders face challenges they've never experienced before."
MUDDER LEGION: BLEED ORANGE
Also new for 2014 is Mudder Legion, the official community of multi-Mudders. Throughout the season, returning Mudders will get a variety of course exclusives available only to those who have earned it by running more than one event. By signing up for their second run, Mudders are on the way to becoming Legionnaires and reaping the rewards:
- Legionnaire Headbands: In addition to the orange Tough Mudder headband, Legionnaires will earn a colored headband symbolizing the number of events they've crushed – from green for 2x Mudders to black for those who have come back 10+ times.
- Access to Legionnaires' Loop: The rite of passage to becoming a part of Mudder Legion, this course extension toughens the challenge for returning Mudders.
- An Exclusive Obstacle: A brand new heart-pounding obstacle just for Mudder Legion.
- Option to Bypass Electroshock Therapy: Legionnaires have earned the right to skip the shock and head straight for the beer. Doesn't mean they will though.
- Respect: Legionnaires are leaders on the course, showing others in Mudder Nation how it's done – and why.
NEW PARTNERS FOR 2014:
Tough Mudder's latest mix of partners for the 2014 U.S. season will fuel Mudders' training, performance, and recovery with world-class products. New partners include:
- MET-Rx®: The official protein bar partner
- Monster®: The official energy drink partner
- Garmin®: The official sports watch and action camera partner
- Oberto®: The official meat snack partner
These new partners join an eclectic mix of top-tier, national companies returning for 2014, including Dos Equis®, Under Armour®, BIC® and Wheaties®, in helping make this Tough Mudder's most epic year yet.
To be the first to hear about updates on Tough Mudder events, obstacles and exclusives, like us at Facebook.com/ToughMudder, follow us on Twitter @ToughMudder, or get your ass in the mud and sign up for a Tough Mudder event at ToughMudder.com.
About Tough Mudder:
Tough Mudder LLC was founded in 2010 by Will Dean and Guy Livingstone. Considered "Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet," each Tough Mudder endurance challenge tests participants' toughness, fitness, strength, stamina, mental grit and teamwork. In 2014, Tough Mudder will host more than 60 events worldwide. For the schedule of event dates and locations, visit ToughMudder.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140331/NY94114-a
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140331/NY94114-b
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140331/NY94114-c
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140331/NY94114-d
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140331/NY94114-e
SOURCE Tough Mudder
Aug. 24, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,014
Aug. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,811
Aug. 24, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,765
Aug. 23, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,202
Aug. 23, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,477
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,637
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,959
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,733
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,384
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,621
Aug. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,224
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,787
Aug. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 280
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,880
Using new techniques of information modeling, indexing, and processing, new cloud-based systems can support cloud-based workloads previously not possible for high-throughput insurance, banking, and case-based applications. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, John Newton, CTO, Founder and Chairman of Alfresco, described how to scale cloud-based content management repositories to store, manage, and retrieve billions of documents and related information with fast and linear scalability. He addres...
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,766