|By Marketwired .||
|March 31, 2014 11:23 AM EDT||
ISELIN, NJ -- (Marketwired) -- 03/31/14 -- Risk in the supply chain comes in a variety of forms but the most crippling result from inadequate or poor product quality testing and supplier management programs. The volatile socio-economic climate coupled with the enhanced regulatory demands from government or all levels has created an environment where strong risk mitigation practices are not only a competitive advantage, but a critical lifeline for brand survival.
ecVision, the leading supply chain collaboration platform provider for retail, announced today this year's focus on enhanced Total Risk Management (TRM) solutions that enable the supply chain operations of the industry's global brands, retailers and suppliers to become more resilient. ecVision's Total Risk Management solutions are three separate, yet connected Business Practices that provide functionality for Facility Compliance, Product Testing and Quality Inspection.
- These cloud-based solutions provide apparel and footwear companies with the tools to take a proactive rather than reactive stance when dealing with related supply chain vulnerabilities with management-by-exception based reports and views into milestones.
- With offices in the United States, Hong Kong and China, in addition to a partner network in 15 other countries, ecVision provides feet "on-the-ground" support to country offices, sourcing teams, suppliers/vendors, raw material providers and third-party service providers.
- Linkages have been established with all of the major testing and auditing companies to streamline transmission of test/audit requests directly to the labs and receive results back in ecVision's platform. Partnerships with WRAP, Oeko Tex, Bureau Veritas, UL, SGS Testing, Modern Testing Services, Asia Inspection, and Intertek are in place today with plans for others.
- As a collaborative platform, ecVision already connects over 20,000 factories and suppliers worldwide with leading brands and retailers with tools that provide visibility from brand to N-Tier level suppliers.
"ecVision has made tremendous investments to put together a dynamic product set and supporting team that is superior when it comes to Total Risk Management for apparel and footwear," said Gary Barraco, VP Industry Development for ecVision. "Our team includes experts with years in the sourcing, testing, and compliance space along with technology and development assets to ensure our solutions meet the demands of the industry."
The TRM Business Practices are part of ecVision Suite®, a set of supply chain collaboration business practices delivered in a cloud-based platform that spans from concept to delivery. Through multi-enterprise integration, visibility and collaboration tools used by retailers, brands and the multiple tiers of global trading parties, organizations can:
- lower design/production costs
- improve profitability and productivity
- mitigate risk against failures, costly fines and blocked sales
To learn more, visit www.ecvision.com.
ecVision offers a cloud-based supply chain collaboration platform that optimizes product lifecycle and supply chain processes. The enterprise platform, ecVision Suite, reflects the standardized business processes from design to delivery, creating a single collaborative solution for private label brands, retailers and their trading partners. With increased visibility and workflow, users can improve their reaction time to demand changes, shorten product lifecycles, lower product and materials costs, and improve sourcing and logistics efficiencies.
Marketing Communications Associate
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (732) 582-3906
Feb. 6, 2016 07:15 PM EST
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 703
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST
Feb. 6, 2016 03:15 PM EST Reads: 322
Feb. 6, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 350
Feb. 6, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 679
Feb. 6, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 338
Feb. 6, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 510
Feb. 6, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 536
Feb. 6, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 316
Feb. 6, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 200
Feb. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 130
Feb. 6, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 118
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 6, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 112