|By PR Newswire||
|March 31, 2014 08:00 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p3k62c/nordic_it) has announced the addition of the "Nordic IT Organisation 2014" report to their offering.
Nordic IT Organisation 2014 - Theories, Practices and Results is written based on mainly the needs and requirements of the IT management of large Nordic companies. The target group of the report is primarily: CIO/IT managers, CFOs, Controllers, IT strategists, Consultants and CEOs. The report will however also be interesting for vendors of IT products and services in order to better understand their customers.
Nordic IT Organisation 2014 - Theories, Practices and Results is designed to map out how Nordic companies organise their IT function and align business with IT.
This is done by:
- Showing Nordic companies' IT priorities.
- Reporting on the success in reaching various IT objectives.
- Presenting the IT governance & management cost levels.
- Presenting information on the IT funding models followed by Nordic companies and their satisfaction with these.
- Displaying the level of IT budget centralisation.
- Reporting on the strategic role of the CIO in Nordic companies.
- Showing the decision rights allocation models followed by the companies and their satisfaction with these.
- Reporting on the business-IT alignment measures taken by Nordic companies and how important they are viewed.
- Displaying the organisational hierarchy of IT organisations in Nordic companies.
- Showing the effects of how IT is organised on the success in reaching various IT objectives
Key Topics Covered:
2. Key IT governance choices
- Definition of IT governance
- Basic IT governance models
- IT funding models
- IT decision rights models
- Strategic role of CIO
3. Strategies for aligning IT and business
- Difficulties in achieving strong alignment of IT and business
- General strategies for improving IT and business alignment
4. IT priorities
- Importance of IT objectives
- Success in reaching IT objectives
5. IT governance & management costs
- IT governance and management cost levels
- Effect of IT governance & management cost level on reaching IT objectives
6. IT funding models followed
- IT funding models followed
- Effect of IT funding model followed on reaching IT objectives
7. Satisfaction with IT funding models
- Satisfaction with contributions of IT funding models
- Difference in satisfaction with contributions according to IT funding model followed
8. Level of IT budget centralisation
9. Strategic role of CIO
- Frequency of CIO being member of company executive team
- Perception of value making CIO member of executive team
10. Decision rights allocation models followed
- Decision rights on IT strategy and direction - Allocation models followed
- Effect of decision rights allocation model followed on success in reaching IT objectives
11. Satisfaction with decision rights allocation models
- Satisfaction with contributions of decision rights allocation models
- Difference in satisfaction with contributions according to decision rights allocation model followed
12. Business-IT alignment measures
- Importance of measures for aligning IT with business
- Implementation of IT-business alignment measures
- Effect of IT-business alignment measures on reaching IT objectives
13. Organisational hierarchy
- Average number of IT employees reporting to each manager
- Types of IT organisation hierarchy structures
- Effect of degree of hierarchy on reaching IT objectives
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/p3k62c/nordic_it
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
SOURCE Research and Markets
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Oct. 21, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,903
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 383
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,063
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully ma...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 16,194
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,700
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,925
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 21, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,727
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,834
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 21, 2016 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,642
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,204
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,897
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,259
The IoT industry is now at a crossroads, between the fast-paced innovation of technologies and the pending mass adoption by global enterprises. The complexity of combining rapidly evolving technologies and the need to establish practices for market acceleration pose a strong challenge to global enterprises as well as IoT vendors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Clark Smith, senior product manager for Numerex, will discuss how Numerex, as an experienced, established IoT provider, has embraced a ...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 863
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,346
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,910