|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 02:20 AM EDT||
WINNERSH, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 --
1 April 2014
Announcement of Results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Vernalis plc (LSE: VER) today announces its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
- Financial performance ahead of market expectations
- Revenue was GBP14.1 million (2012: GBP14.6 million)
- Frovatriptan royalty income was up 16 % at GBP6.7 million (2012:
GBP5.7 million) primarily due to a 14% increase in volume of activepharmaceutical ingredient (API) supplied, with underlying in-market sales made by Menarini flat
- Research collaboration income was GBP7.1 million (2012: GBP8.7 million) including GBP2.5 million of milestones payments (2012: GBP2.6 million) allowing our research organisation to remain self-funding
- Operating costs before exceptional items were GBP19.3 million (2012: GBP18.2 million), up 6% due to preparatory activities for expansion into the US and investment in the NCE pipeline (V158866 and V81444)
- Pre-exceptional loss for the year was GBP5.6 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) and GBP4.0 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) on a
- Cash resources including cash and cash equivalents and held to maturity assets reduced by GBP4.7 million in the year following:
- GBP2.0 million proof-of-concept milestone payment to Tris for CCP-01 and
- GBP0.9 million foreign exchange loss on the conversion of cash held in US dollars into sterling
- Balance sheet remains strong with GBP76.9 million of cash resources and no debt
Cough Cold Commercial Pipeline:
- CCP-01 proof-of-concept achieved and milestone paid to Tris (March 2013)
- Successfully completed single and multi-dose pivotal bioavailability studies (November 2013 and February 2014), completing
the clinical studies required for NDA filing
- Positive interim six months stability data for CCP-01 has been generated and NDA filing on track for mid-2014
- Four further programmes in active development at Tris, and we aim to achieve POC on all four of the remaining programmes during 2014
Frovatriptan (marketed) (Migraine):
- Underlying Menarini sales flat at EUR26.4 million (2012: EUR26.5 million)
- Menarini outlook for 2014 is for flat underlying sales vs 2013, both in tablet volumes and sales revenue
- We expect Menarini to reduce stock in 2014 with 2 shipments of API, one in each half of the year
NCE Development Pipeline:
V81444 (CNS diseases)
- Phase Ib/II POC study initiated (July 2013) with data anticipated in H1 2014
- Phase II POC study initiated (April 2013) and progressing well. Of a total of 36 subjects, 16 have completed and a further 4 are enrolled. Data now anticipated around the end of 2014
- Phase I and Phase II studies in multiple oncology indications including lung and breast continue with Novartis
Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)
- Cell Therapeutics reported positive interim results from an investigator-initiated Phase II trial at the 55th American Society of Haematology annual meeting (December 2013)
- The partial clinical hold on investigator led trials was removed by FDA in January 2014 enabling studies to resume
- Anti-inflammatory study results announced by Verona Pharma (March 2013)
- Verona announced a successful GBP14 million fundraising in March 2014. Some of the proceeds are intended to be used to develop RPL554 in three clinical studies using a nebulised formulation in patients with severe COPD and additional studies are planned to prepare for a larger Phase IIb study in hospitalised COPD patients. Results are expected in
- New collaboration with AKP announced (October 2013) and GBP0.3 million milestone earned (March 2014)
- First Servier collaboration extended for a further 2 years (March 2013)
- GBP2.5 million of milestones earned from successful collaboration with Genentech (February and March 2013)
Expected 2014 Newsflow:
- V81444 (CNS diseases) - Complete Phase Ib/II POC study (Data H1 2014)
- CCP-01 - Filing of NDA (Mid 2014)
- Proofs-of-concept on all four remaining programmes in cough cold pipeline (by 2014 year end)
- V158866 (Pain) - Complete Phase II POC study (Data around 2014 year end)
- AUY922 (Cancer) - Multiple Phase I and II study results (Novartis) (undisclosed)
- Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)- Phase II study results (Chroma) (undisclosed)
- Achieve milestones under existing collaborations (undisclosed)
- Secure new research collaborations (undisclosed)
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We made significant progress across all three elements of our strategy during 2013 and continued our strong financial and operational performance. Our lead cough cold programme, CCP-01, progressed rapidly achieving proof-of-concept, successfully completing both required pivotal clinical studies and achieving six month accelerated stability. We are on target therefore for an NDA filing in mid-2014. With four further cough cold programmes in development we aim to achieve POC on all four of these programmes in the coming year.
In the NCE pipeline we initiated two POC studies for V81444 and V158866 and expect data from both, during 2014. We also had another positive year in our research business following on from last year's record performance and continue to be self-funding.
The outlook for 2014 and beyond is extremely positive as we get closer to our first NDA filing from the cough cold portfolio and its potential approval in the first half of 2015."
Presentation & Conference Call
Vernalis management will host a presentation at 9.00am (UK) at
Brunswick's offices, 16 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3ED today. It
will also be available via webcast at http://www.vernalis.com/
investor-centre/presentations-and-webcasts and www.cantos.com and via
conference call, which can be joined by dialling: +44 (0) 20 3139 4830,
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 118 938 0015
David Mackney, Chief Financial Officer
Canaccord Genuity Limited (Nominated Adviser):
+44 (0) 20 7523 8350
Dr Julian Feneley
Shore Capital (Joint Broker)
+44 (0)20 7408 4090
+44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view
the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,331
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 993
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 548
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 711
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 28, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,368
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 28, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 247
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,748
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,177
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 28, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 208
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 164
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction an...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 479
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,059
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 453
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,244
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,155