|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 02:20 AM EDT||
WINNERSH, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 --
1 April 2014
Announcement of Results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Vernalis plc (LSE: VER) today announces its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
- Financial performance ahead of market expectations
- Revenue was GBP14.1 million (2012: GBP14.6 million)
- Frovatriptan royalty income was up 16 % at GBP6.7 million (2012:
GBP5.7 million) primarily due to a 14% increase in volume of activepharmaceutical ingredient (API) supplied, with underlying in-market sales made by Menarini flat
- Research collaboration income was GBP7.1 million (2012: GBP8.7 million) including GBP2.5 million of milestones payments (2012: GBP2.6 million) allowing our research organisation to remain self-funding
- Operating costs before exceptional items were GBP19.3 million (2012: GBP18.2 million), up 6% due to preparatory activities for expansion into the US and investment in the NCE pipeline (V158866 and V81444)
- Pre-exceptional loss for the year was GBP5.6 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) and GBP4.0 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) on a
- Cash resources including cash and cash equivalents and held to maturity assets reduced by GBP4.7 million in the year following:
- GBP2.0 million proof-of-concept milestone payment to Tris for CCP-01 and
- GBP0.9 million foreign exchange loss on the conversion of cash held in US dollars into sterling
- Balance sheet remains strong with GBP76.9 million of cash resources and no debt
Cough Cold Commercial Pipeline:
- CCP-01 proof-of-concept achieved and milestone paid to Tris (March 2013)
- Successfully completed single and multi-dose pivotal bioavailability studies (November 2013 and February 2014), completing
the clinical studies required for NDA filing
- Positive interim six months stability data for CCP-01 has been generated and NDA filing on track for mid-2014
- Four further programmes in active development at Tris, and we aim to achieve POC on all four of the remaining programmes during 2014
Frovatriptan (marketed) (Migraine):
- Underlying Menarini sales flat at EUR26.4 million (2012: EUR26.5 million)
- Menarini outlook for 2014 is for flat underlying sales vs 2013, both in tablet volumes and sales revenue
- We expect Menarini to reduce stock in 2014 with 2 shipments of API, one in each half of the year
NCE Development Pipeline:
V81444 (CNS diseases)
- Phase Ib/II POC study initiated (July 2013) with data anticipated in H1 2014
- Phase II POC study initiated (April 2013) and progressing well. Of a total of 36 subjects, 16 have completed and a further 4 are enrolled. Data now anticipated around the end of 2014
- Phase I and Phase II studies in multiple oncology indications including lung and breast continue with Novartis
Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)
- Cell Therapeutics reported positive interim results from an investigator-initiated Phase II trial at the 55th American Society of Haematology annual meeting (December 2013)
- The partial clinical hold on investigator led trials was removed by FDA in January 2014 enabling studies to resume
- Anti-inflammatory study results announced by Verona Pharma (March 2013)
- Verona announced a successful GBP14 million fundraising in March 2014. Some of the proceeds are intended to be used to develop RPL554 in three clinical studies using a nebulised formulation in patients with severe COPD and additional studies are planned to prepare for a larger Phase IIb study in hospitalised COPD patients. Results are expected in
- New collaboration with AKP announced (October 2013) and GBP0.3 million milestone earned (March 2014)
- First Servier collaboration extended for a further 2 years (March 2013)
- GBP2.5 million of milestones earned from successful collaboration with Genentech (February and March 2013)
Expected 2014 Newsflow:
- V81444 (CNS diseases) - Complete Phase Ib/II POC study (Data H1 2014)
- CCP-01 - Filing of NDA (Mid 2014)
- Proofs-of-concept on all four remaining programmes in cough cold pipeline (by 2014 year end)
- V158866 (Pain) - Complete Phase II POC study (Data around 2014 year end)
- AUY922 (Cancer) - Multiple Phase I and II study results (Novartis) (undisclosed)
- Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)- Phase II study results (Chroma) (undisclosed)
- Achieve milestones under existing collaborations (undisclosed)
- Secure new research collaborations (undisclosed)
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We made significant progress across all three elements of our strategy during 2013 and continued our strong financial and operational performance. Our lead cough cold programme, CCP-01, progressed rapidly achieving proof-of-concept, successfully completing both required pivotal clinical studies and achieving six month accelerated stability. We are on target therefore for an NDA filing in mid-2014. With four further cough cold programmes in development we aim to achieve POC on all four of these programmes in the coming year.
In the NCE pipeline we initiated two POC studies for V81444 and V158866 and expect data from both, during 2014. We also had another positive year in our research business following on from last year's record performance and continue to be self-funding.
The outlook for 2014 and beyond is extremely positive as we get closer to our first NDA filing from the cough cold portfolio and its potential approval in the first half of 2015."
Presentation & Conference Call
Vernalis management will host a presentation at 9.00am (UK) at
Brunswick's offices, 16 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3ED today. It
will also be available via webcast at http://www.vernalis.com/
investor-centre/presentations-and-webcasts and www.cantos.com and via
conference call, which can be joined by dialling: +44 (0) 20 3139 4830,
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 118 938 0015
David Mackney, Chief Financial Officer
Canaccord Genuity Limited (Nominated Adviser):
+44 (0) 20 7523 8350
Dr Julian Feneley
Shore Capital (Joint Broker)
+44 (0)20 7408 4090
+44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view
the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 23, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 662
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Oct. 23, 2016 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,916
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 23, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,831
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,293
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,916
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,689
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,303
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,949
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,439
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,272
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 941
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,647
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 847
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 642
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 991