|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 02:20 AM EDT||
WINNERSH, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 --
1 April 2014
Announcement of Results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Vernalis plc (LSE: VER) today announces its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
- Financial performance ahead of market expectations
- Revenue was GBP14.1 million (2012: GBP14.6 million)
- Frovatriptan royalty income was up 16 % at GBP6.7 million (2012:
GBP5.7 million) primarily due to a 14% increase in volume of activepharmaceutical ingredient (API) supplied, with underlying in-market sales made by Menarini flat
- Research collaboration income was GBP7.1 million (2012: GBP8.7 million) including GBP2.5 million of milestones payments (2012: GBP2.6 million) allowing our research organisation to remain self-funding
- Operating costs before exceptional items were GBP19.3 million (2012: GBP18.2 million), up 6% due to preparatory activities for expansion into the US and investment in the NCE pipeline (V158866 and V81444)
- Pre-exceptional loss for the year was GBP5.6 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) and GBP4.0 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) on a
- Cash resources including cash and cash equivalents and held to maturity assets reduced by GBP4.7 million in the year following:
- GBP2.0 million proof-of-concept milestone payment to Tris for CCP-01 and
- GBP0.9 million foreign exchange loss on the conversion of cash held in US dollars into sterling
- Balance sheet remains strong with GBP76.9 million of cash resources and no debt
Cough Cold Commercial Pipeline:
- CCP-01 proof-of-concept achieved and milestone paid to Tris (March 2013)
- Successfully completed single and multi-dose pivotal bioavailability studies (November 2013 and February 2014), completing
the clinical studies required for NDA filing
- Positive interim six months stability data for CCP-01 has been generated and NDA filing on track for mid-2014
- Four further programmes in active development at Tris, and we aim to achieve POC on all four of the remaining programmes during 2014
Frovatriptan (marketed) (Migraine):
- Underlying Menarini sales flat at EUR26.4 million (2012: EUR26.5 million)
- Menarini outlook for 2014 is for flat underlying sales vs 2013, both in tablet volumes and sales revenue
- We expect Menarini to reduce stock in 2014 with 2 shipments of API, one in each half of the year
NCE Development Pipeline:
V81444 (CNS diseases)
- Phase Ib/II POC study initiated (July 2013) with data anticipated in H1 2014
- Phase II POC study initiated (April 2013) and progressing well. Of a total of 36 subjects, 16 have completed and a further 4 are enrolled. Data now anticipated around the end of 2014
- Phase I and Phase II studies in multiple oncology indications including lung and breast continue with Novartis
Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)
- Cell Therapeutics reported positive interim results from an investigator-initiated Phase II trial at the 55th American Society of Haematology annual meeting (December 2013)
- The partial clinical hold on investigator led trials was removed by FDA in January 2014 enabling studies to resume
- Anti-inflammatory study results announced by Verona Pharma (March 2013)
- Verona announced a successful GBP14 million fundraising in March 2014. Some of the proceeds are intended to be used to develop RPL554 in three clinical studies using a nebulised formulation in patients with severe COPD and additional studies are planned to prepare for a larger Phase IIb study in hospitalised COPD patients. Results are expected in
- New collaboration with AKP announced (October 2013) and GBP0.3 million milestone earned (March 2014)
- First Servier collaboration extended for a further 2 years (March 2013)
- GBP2.5 million of milestones earned from successful collaboration with Genentech (February and March 2013)
Expected 2014 Newsflow:
- V81444 (CNS diseases) - Complete Phase Ib/II POC study (Data H1 2014)
- CCP-01 - Filing of NDA (Mid 2014)
- Proofs-of-concept on all four remaining programmes in cough cold pipeline (by 2014 year end)
- V158866 (Pain) - Complete Phase II POC study (Data around 2014 year end)
- AUY922 (Cancer) - Multiple Phase I and II study results (Novartis) (undisclosed)
- Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)- Phase II study results (Chroma) (undisclosed)
- Achieve milestones under existing collaborations (undisclosed)
- Secure new research collaborations (undisclosed)
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We made significant progress across all three elements of our strategy during 2013 and continued our strong financial and operational performance. Our lead cough cold programme, CCP-01, progressed rapidly achieving proof-of-concept, successfully completing both required pivotal clinical studies and achieving six month accelerated stability. We are on target therefore for an NDA filing in mid-2014. With four further cough cold programmes in development we aim to achieve POC on all four of these programmes in the coming year.
In the NCE pipeline we initiated two POC studies for V81444 and V158866 and expect data from both, during 2014. We also had another positive year in our research business following on from last year's record performance and continue to be self-funding.
The outlook for 2014 and beyond is extremely positive as we get closer to our first NDA filing from the cough cold portfolio and its potential approval in the first half of 2015."
Presentation & Conference Call
Vernalis management will host a presentation at 9.00am (UK) at
Brunswick's offices, 16 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3ED today. It
will also be available via webcast at http://www.vernalis.com/
investor-centre/presentations-and-webcasts and www.cantos.com and via
conference call, which can be joined by dialling: +44 (0) 20 3139 4830,
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 118 938 0015
David Mackney, Chief Financial Officer
Canaccord Genuity Limited (Nominated Adviser):
+44 (0) 20 7523 8350
Dr Julian Feneley
Shore Capital (Joint Broker)
+44 (0)20 7408 4090
+44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view
the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Skeuomorphism usually means retaining existing design cues in something new that doesn’t actually need them. However, the concept of skeuomorphism can be thought of as relating more broadly to applying existing patterns to new technologies that, in fact, cry out for new approaches. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gordon Haff, Senior Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism Manager at Red Hat, discussed why containers should be paired with new architectural practices such as microservices rathe...
Aug. 31, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 393
Whether you like it or not, DevOps is on track for a remarkable alliance with security. The SEC didn’t approve the merger. And your boss hasn’t heard anything about it. Yet, this unruly triumvirate will soon dominate and deliver DevSecOps faster, cheaper, better, and on an unprecedented scale. In his session at DevOps Summit, Frank Bunger, VP of Customer Success at ScriptRock, will discuss how this cathartic moment will propel the DevOps movement from such stuff as dreams are made on to a prac...
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 224
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Aug. 31, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 399
It’s been proven time and time again that in tech, diversity drives greater innovation, better team productivity and greater profits and market share. So what can we do in our DevOps teams to embrace diversity and help transform the culture of development and operations into a true “DevOps” team? In her session at DevOps Summit, Stefana Muller, Director, Product Management – Continuous Delivery at CA Technologies, answered that question citing examples, showing how to create opportunities for ...
Aug. 31, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 481
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Aug. 31, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 448
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Aug. 30, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 396
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Aug. 30, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 346
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Aug. 30, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 369
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 134
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Aug. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 464
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Aug. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 154
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 192
SYS-CON Events announced today that Micron Technology, Inc., a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Micron’s broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies – including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash – is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of tech...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 223
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Aug. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 291
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on...
Aug. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 272