|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 02:20 AM EDT||
WINNERSH, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 --
1 April 2014
Announcement of Results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Vernalis plc (LSE: VER) today announces its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
- Financial performance ahead of market expectations
- Revenue was GBP14.1 million (2012: GBP14.6 million)
- Frovatriptan royalty income was up 16 % at GBP6.7 million (2012:
GBP5.7 million) primarily due to a 14% increase in volume of activepharmaceutical ingredient (API) supplied, with underlying in-market sales made by Menarini flat
- Research collaboration income was GBP7.1 million (2012: GBP8.7 million) including GBP2.5 million of milestones payments (2012: GBP2.6 million) allowing our research organisation to remain self-funding
- Operating costs before exceptional items were GBP19.3 million (2012: GBP18.2 million), up 6% due to preparatory activities for expansion into the US and investment in the NCE pipeline (V158866 and V81444)
- Pre-exceptional loss for the year was GBP5.6 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) and GBP4.0 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) on a
- Cash resources including cash and cash equivalents and held to maturity assets reduced by GBP4.7 million in the year following:
- GBP2.0 million proof-of-concept milestone payment to Tris for CCP-01 and
- GBP0.9 million foreign exchange loss on the conversion of cash held in US dollars into sterling
- Balance sheet remains strong with GBP76.9 million of cash resources and no debt
Cough Cold Commercial Pipeline:
- CCP-01 proof-of-concept achieved and milestone paid to Tris (March 2013)
- Successfully completed single and multi-dose pivotal bioavailability studies (November 2013 and February 2014), completing
the clinical studies required for NDA filing
- Positive interim six months stability data for CCP-01 has been generated and NDA filing on track for mid-2014
- Four further programmes in active development at Tris, and we aim to achieve POC on all four of the remaining programmes during 2014
Frovatriptan (marketed) (Migraine):
- Underlying Menarini sales flat at EUR26.4 million (2012: EUR26.5 million)
- Menarini outlook for 2014 is for flat underlying sales vs 2013, both in tablet volumes and sales revenue
- We expect Menarini to reduce stock in 2014 with 2 shipments of API, one in each half of the year
NCE Development Pipeline:
V81444 (CNS diseases)
- Phase Ib/II POC study initiated (July 2013) with data anticipated in H1 2014
- Phase II POC study initiated (April 2013) and progressing well. Of a total of 36 subjects, 16 have completed and a further 4 are enrolled. Data now anticipated around the end of 2014
- Phase I and Phase II studies in multiple oncology indications including lung and breast continue with Novartis
Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)
- Cell Therapeutics reported positive interim results from an investigator-initiated Phase II trial at the 55th American Society of Haematology annual meeting (December 2013)
- The partial clinical hold on investigator led trials was removed by FDA in January 2014 enabling studies to resume
- Anti-inflammatory study results announced by Verona Pharma (March 2013)
- Verona announced a successful GBP14 million fundraising in March 2014. Some of the proceeds are intended to be used to develop RPL554 in three clinical studies using a nebulised formulation in patients with severe COPD and additional studies are planned to prepare for a larger Phase IIb study in hospitalised COPD patients. Results are expected in
- New collaboration with AKP announced (October 2013) and GBP0.3 million milestone earned (March 2014)
- First Servier collaboration extended for a further 2 years (March 2013)
- GBP2.5 million of milestones earned from successful collaboration with Genentech (February and March 2013)
Expected 2014 Newsflow:
- V81444 (CNS diseases) - Complete Phase Ib/II POC study (Data H1 2014)
- CCP-01 - Filing of NDA (Mid 2014)
- Proofs-of-concept on all four remaining programmes in cough cold pipeline (by 2014 year end)
- V158866 (Pain) - Complete Phase II POC study (Data around 2014 year end)
- AUY922 (Cancer) - Multiple Phase I and II study results (Novartis) (undisclosed)
- Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)- Phase II study results (Chroma) (undisclosed)
- Achieve milestones under existing collaborations (undisclosed)
- Secure new research collaborations (undisclosed)
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We made significant progress across all three elements of our strategy during 2013 and continued our strong financial and operational performance. Our lead cough cold programme, CCP-01, progressed rapidly achieving proof-of-concept, successfully completing both required pivotal clinical studies and achieving six month accelerated stability. We are on target therefore for an NDA filing in mid-2014. With four further cough cold programmes in development we aim to achieve POC on all four of these programmes in the coming year.
In the NCE pipeline we initiated two POC studies for V81444 and V158866 and expect data from both, during 2014. We also had another positive year in our research business following on from last year's record performance and continue to be self-funding.
The outlook for 2014 and beyond is extremely positive as we get closer to our first NDA filing from the cough cold portfolio and its potential approval in the first half of 2015."
Presentation & Conference Call
Vernalis management will host a presentation at 9.00am (UK) at
Brunswick's offices, 16 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3ED today. It
will also be available via webcast at http://www.vernalis.com/
investor-centre/presentations-and-webcasts and www.cantos.com and via
conference call, which can be joined by dialling: +44 (0) 20 3139 4830,
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 118 938 0015
David Mackney, Chief Financial Officer
Canaccord Genuity Limited (Nominated Adviser):
+44 (0) 20 7523 8350
Dr Julian Feneley
Shore Capital (Joint Broker)
+44 (0)20 7408 4090
+44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view
the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Aspose.Total for .NET is the most complete package of all file format APIs for .NET as offered by Aspose. It empowers developers to create, edit, render, print and convert between a wide range of popular document formats within any .NET, C#, ASP.NET and VB.NET applications. Aspose compiles all .NET APIs on a daily basis to ensure that it contains the most up to date versions of each of Aspose .NET APIs. If a new .NET API or a new version of existing APIs is released during the subscription peri...
Jul. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 938
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,845
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,208
To leverage Continuous Delivery, enterprises must consider impacts that span functional silos, as well as applications that touch older, slower moving components. Managing the many dependencies can cause slowdowns. See how to achieve continuous delivery in the enterprise.
Jul. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 407
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,179
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 891
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 356
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 28, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,772
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,116
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,018
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 365
UpGuard has become a member of the Center for Internet Security (CIS), and will continue to help businesses expand visibility into their cyber risk by providing hardening benchmarks to all customers. By incorporating these benchmarks, UpGuard's CSTAR solution builds on its lead in providing the most complete assessment of both internal and external cyber risk. CIS benchmarks are a widely accepted set of hardening guidelines that have been publicly available for years. Numerous solutions exist t...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 706
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,904
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Yahoo! Inc. (Nasdaq: YHOO) have entered into a definitive agreement under which Verizon will acquire Yahoo's operating business for approximately $4.83 billion in cash, subject to customary closing adjustments. Yahoo informs, connects and entertains a global audience of more than 1 billion monthly active users** -- including 600 million monthly active mobile users*** through its search, communications and digital content products. Yahoo also co...
Jul. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 693
"Software-defined storage is a big problem in this industry because so many people have different definitions as they see fit to use it," stated Peter McCallum, VP of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,563