|By Marketwired .||
|April 1, 2014 02:20 AM EDT||
WINNERSH, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwired) -- 04/01/14 --
1 April 2014
Announcement of Results for the year ended 31 December 2013
Vernalis plc (LSE: VER) today announces its audited results for the year ended 31 December 2013.
- Financial performance ahead of market expectations
- Revenue was GBP14.1 million (2012: GBP14.6 million)
- Frovatriptan royalty income was up 16 % at GBP6.7 million (2012:
GBP5.7 million) primarily due to a 14% increase in volume of activepharmaceutical ingredient (API) supplied, with underlying in-market sales made by Menarini flat
- Research collaboration income was GBP7.1 million (2012: GBP8.7 million) including GBP2.5 million of milestones payments (2012: GBP2.6 million) allowing our research organisation to remain self-funding
- Operating costs before exceptional items were GBP19.3 million (2012: GBP18.2 million), up 6% due to preparatory activities for expansion into the US and investment in the NCE pipeline (V158866 and V81444)
- Pre-exceptional loss for the year was GBP5.6 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) and GBP4.0 million (2012: GBP5.2 million) on a
- Cash resources including cash and cash equivalents and held to maturity assets reduced by GBP4.7 million in the year following:
- GBP2.0 million proof-of-concept milestone payment to Tris for CCP-01 and
- GBP0.9 million foreign exchange loss on the conversion of cash held in US dollars into sterling
- Balance sheet remains strong with GBP76.9 million of cash resources and no debt
Cough Cold Commercial Pipeline:
- CCP-01 proof-of-concept achieved and milestone paid to Tris (March 2013)
- Successfully completed single and multi-dose pivotal bioavailability studies (November 2013 and February 2014), completing
the clinical studies required for NDA filing
- Positive interim six months stability data for CCP-01 has been generated and NDA filing on track for mid-2014
- Four further programmes in active development at Tris, and we aim to achieve POC on all four of the remaining programmes during 2014
Frovatriptan (marketed) (Migraine):
- Underlying Menarini sales flat at EUR26.4 million (2012: EUR26.5 million)
- Menarini outlook for 2014 is for flat underlying sales vs 2013, both in tablet volumes and sales revenue
- We expect Menarini to reduce stock in 2014 with 2 shipments of API, one in each half of the year
NCE Development Pipeline:
V81444 (CNS diseases)
- Phase Ib/II POC study initiated (July 2013) with data anticipated in H1 2014
- Phase II POC study initiated (April 2013) and progressing well. Of a total of 36 subjects, 16 have completed and a further 4 are enrolled. Data now anticipated around the end of 2014
- Phase I and Phase II studies in multiple oncology indications including lung and breast continue with Novartis
Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)
- Cell Therapeutics reported positive interim results from an investigator-initiated Phase II trial at the 55th American Society of Haematology annual meeting (December 2013)
- The partial clinical hold on investigator led trials was removed by FDA in January 2014 enabling studies to resume
- Anti-inflammatory study results announced by Verona Pharma (March 2013)
- Verona announced a successful GBP14 million fundraising in March 2014. Some of the proceeds are intended to be used to develop RPL554 in three clinical studies using a nebulised formulation in patients with severe COPD and additional studies are planned to prepare for a larger Phase IIb study in hospitalised COPD patients. Results are expected in
- New collaboration with AKP announced (October 2013) and GBP0.3 million milestone earned (March 2014)
- First Servier collaboration extended for a further 2 years (March 2013)
- GBP2.5 million of milestones earned from successful collaboration with Genentech (February and March 2013)
Expected 2014 Newsflow:
- V81444 (CNS diseases) - Complete Phase Ib/II POC study (Data H1 2014)
- CCP-01 - Filing of NDA (Mid 2014)
- Proofs-of-concept on all four remaining programmes in cough cold pipeline (by 2014 year end)
- V158866 (Pain) - Complete Phase II POC study (Data around 2014 year end)
- AUY922 (Cancer) - Multiple Phase I and II study results (Novartis) (undisclosed)
- Tosedostat - CHR2797 (Cancer)- Phase II study results (Chroma) (undisclosed)
- Achieve milestones under existing collaborations (undisclosed)
- Secure new research collaborations (undisclosed)
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "We made significant progress across all three elements of our strategy during 2013 and continued our strong financial and operational performance. Our lead cough cold programme, CCP-01, progressed rapidly achieving proof-of-concept, successfully completing both required pivotal clinical studies and achieving six month accelerated stability. We are on target therefore for an NDA filing in mid-2014. With four further cough cold programmes in development we aim to achieve POC on all four of these programmes in the coming year.
In the NCE pipeline we initiated two POC studies for V81444 and V158866 and expect data from both, during 2014. We also had another positive year in our research business following on from last year's record performance and continue to be self-funding.
The outlook for 2014 and beyond is extremely positive as we get closer to our first NDA filing from the cough cold portfolio and its potential approval in the first half of 2015."
Presentation & Conference Call
Vernalis management will host a presentation at 9.00am (UK) at
Brunswick's offices, 16 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3ED today. It
will also be available via webcast at http://www.vernalis.com/
investor-centre/presentations-and-webcasts and www.cantos.com and via
conference call, which can be joined by dialling: +44 (0) 20 3139 4830,
Ian Garland, Chief Executive Officer
+44 (0) 118 938 0015
David Mackney, Chief Financial Officer
Canaccord Genuity Limited (Nominated Adviser):
+44 (0) 20 7523 8350
Dr Julian Feneley
Shore Capital (Joint Broker)
+44 (0)20 7408 4090
+44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view
the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,336
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,801
In today's enterprise, digital transformation represents organizational change even more so than technology change, as customer preferences and behavior drive end-to-end transformation across lines of business as well as IT. To capitalize on the ubiquitous disruption driving this transformation, companies must be able to innovate at an increasingly rapid pace. Traditional approaches for driving innovation are now woefully inadequate for keeping up with the breadth of disruption and change facin...
May. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,625
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
May. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,755
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 31, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 833
How will your company move to the cloud while ensuring a solid security posture? Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is ...
May. 31, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 861
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
May. 31, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 837
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 31, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,034
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,194
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,371
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
May. 31, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,374
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 31, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,587
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,117
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,432
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
May. 31, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,075