|By Business Wire||
|April 1, 2014 04:15 AM EDT||
ECI Telecom, a global provider of next-generation network solutions, announced today that its Native Packet Transport (NPT) platforms (NPT-1010, NPT-1020 and NPT-1200) are now Carrier Ethernet 2.0-certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF). Such certification is important for a variety of applications such as business services or wholesale Ethernet services, including Ethernet-based mobile aggregation. In addition, ECI has announced general availability of its new NPT-1010 and major upgrades for the NPT-1020.
- The NPT, best-in-class Carrier Ethernet and packet-transport family of platforms, addresses operators’ challenges when migrating to or building new packet transport and Carrier Ethernet networks (CEN). With multidimensional flexibility and unified multilayer management, the NPT platforms are optimized for the metro market to guarantee lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) for the network’s entire lifecycle.
- The CE2.0 is the MEF’s new certification which guarantees compliance with the following new enhancements: expansions from three to eight services; multi-CoS with application-oriented performance objectives; interconnection through the integrated delivery of MEF-service attributes to allow ubiquitous deployment spanning multiple providers; and superior manageability.
- The NPT-1010, 1020 and 1200 were tested and certified for E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree and E-Access services.
- The new NPT-1010 is an extremely compact and intelligent demarcation device that supports an extensive range of Ethernet/MPLS services and applications, including LTE/4G backhauling, business services and triple-play services, with transport-like reliability, security and management.
- The NPT-1020 now features an optional upgrade from 10 Gbps of switching capacity to 60Gbps and addition of 10GE interfaces within the existing one rack unit (1U) device. This major upgrade addresses the growing demand for bandwidth in the metro access as well as the need for 10GE interfaces, driven by business services and LTE cell sites.
- Like all of ECI’s transport platforms, the NPT is managed by ECI’s LightSoft® network management system, for a unified multi-layer management system for MPLS, WDM and TDM. With GUI-based operation, operators’ packet transport networks are as easily managed as existing TDM-based transport networks, resulting in significant opex savings.
“CE2.0 is key to support the continuous adoption of Carrier Ethernet and
we are pleased to announce CE2.0 certification for the NPT platforms
which underscores our commitment to addressing our customers’ needs. The
NPT is a best-in-class Carrier Ethernet and Packet Transport solution,
combining packet flexibility and efficiency with transport reliability
and ease of operation, supporting advanced carrier Ethernet and packet
Alon Moshes, Head of Packet Transport Line of Business, ECI Telecom
Native Packet Transport (NPT) for Packet Transport Networks (PTN) (Family Brochure)
Launch into the Future with ECI’s NPT Packet Optical Access (Application Note)
NPT-1010 Managed Packet Transport Demarcation Device (Product Note)
NPT-1020 Access Packet Transport (Product Note)
NPT-1200 Metro Access Packet Transport (Product Note)
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
ABOUT ECI TELECOM
ECI Telecom delivers innovative communications platforms to carriers and service providers worldwide. ECI provides efficient platforms and solutions that enable customers to rapidly deploy cost-effective, revenue-generating services. Founded in 1961, Israel-based ECI has consistently delivered customer-focused networking solutions to the world’s largest carriers. The Company is also a market leader in many emerging markets. ECI provides scalable broadband access, transport and data networking infrastructure that provides the foundation for the communications of tomorrow, including next-generation voice, IPTV, mobility and other business solutions. For more information, visit www.ecitele.com.
Apr. 30, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,781
Apr. 30, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 690
Apr. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 579
Apr. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,044
Apr. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 992
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 546
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 735
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,036
Apr. 30, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,663
Apr. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 543
Apr. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,435
Apr. 30, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 724
Apr. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,700
Apr. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,447