|By Business Wire||
|April 1, 2014 05:00 AM EDT||
MD Buyline announced today the Q1.2014 User Satisfaction Trending™ data is now available to MD Buyline members. MD Buyline’s industry experts interviewed and surveyed our members to capture valuable information that helps our members make the best decision for their hospital and patients based on real-world results.
Based on user feedback, MD Buyline rates suppliers on a scale from one to 10 in six categories: system performance, system reliability, installation/implementation, application training, service response time and service repair quality. For the first quarter of 2014, the suppliers listed below received the highest ranking in their class for overall customer satisfaction.
- 3M Health Information Systems: Electronic Document Management
- Abbott: Point Of Care
- Accuray: Radiation Treatment Delivery System
- Aesynt: Pharmacy Automation
- Aperek, formerly Mediclick: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
- API Healthcare, a GE Healthcare Company: Staff Scheduling Systems and Time and Attendance
- B. Braun Medical: Infusion Pump
- BD Biosciences: Flow Cytometer
- BERCHTOLD Corporation: Surgical Light and Surgical Table
- Bunnell Incorporated: High Frequency Ventilator
- Cadwell Laboratories: Electroencephalograph and Electromyograph
- CareFusion: Automated Dispensing System and Pharmacy Automation
- Carl Zeiss, Inc.: Surgical Microscope
- Clinical Computer Systems, Inc.: Perinatal Information Systems
- ConMed: Endoscopic Video System/Scope
- Diagnostica Stago: Coagulation Analyzer
- Draeger: Anesthesia Machine and Ventilator
- Elekta: Oncology Information Management System and Treatment Planning System
- Epic: Electronic Health Record
- FujiFilm: Endoscopic Video System/Scope and Radiographic Unit, Digital and Conventional
- GE Healthcare: Electrocardiograph, Electrophysiology Monitor, Cardiac Stress Test System, Infant Care Equipment, Fetal Monitor, Anesthesia Machine, Radiography and Fluoroscopy, Mobile C-Arm, PET-CT and PET-CT-MR and Cyclotron, Real-Time Location Systems and Perioperative Information System
- Getinge USA: Steam Sterilizer and Washer/Decontaminator
- Hamilton Medical: Portable Ventilator
- Healthcare Insights, LLC: Financial Decision Support
- Hill-Rom: Bed, Nurse Call and Stretcher
- Hitachi Medical Systems America: Magnetic Resonance Imager (MRI)
- Hologic: Biopsy Systems, Bone Densitometer, Computer Aided Detection System, Cytology System and Mini C-Arm
- Instrumentation Laboratory: Blood Gas Analyzer and Coagulation Analyzer
- Intuitive Surgical: Surgical Robotics
- Iris Diagnostics: Urinalysis System
- Karl Storz Endoscopy: OR Integration System
- Konica Minolta Medical Imaging: Computed Radiography
- MAQUET: Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- McKesson: Clinical Information System, Radiology Information System and Staff Scheduling Systems
- Medical Graphics Corporation: Metabolic Measurement System
- Medivators: Low-Temp Sterilizer and High-Level Disinfector
- Medtronic: Image Guided Surgery
- MERGE Healthcare: Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS)
- Natus Medical, Inc.: Sleep Assessment
- Nihon Kohden America: Long Term Epilepsy Monitoring, Patient Monitoring and Telemetry Monitor
- nSpire Health, Inc.: Pulmonary Function
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics: Blood Bank Automation
- Philips Healthcare: Cardiology Management System, Cardiology PACS and Information Systems, Defibrillator and Holter Monitor
- Rauland-Borg: Nurse Call
- RF Technologies: Infant Security
- Sakura Finetek: Tissue Processor
- SCC Soft Computer: Laboratory Information System
- Sebia: Protein Electrophoresis
- Shimadzu Medical Systems: Portable Radiographic System
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.: Chemistry Immunoassay Analyzer, CT Scanner - CT Simulation, Hemodynamic and Physiological Monitoring, Laboratory Automation, Mammography System, Microbiology System, PET-CT and PET-CT-MR and Cyclotron, SPECT and SPECT-CT, Nuclear Medicine, Urinalysis System and Urological Imaging
- St. Jude Medical: Electrophysiology Monitor
- Stryker Endoscopy: Endoscopic Video System/Scope
- Sysmex America: Hematology Analyzer
- TeleTracking Technologies: Bed Management Systems
- TeraRecon, Inc.: 3D Advanced Visualization Solution
- Terumo Cardiovascular Systems: Cardio-pulmonary Bypass Pump
- The CBORD Group, Inc.: Food and Nutrition Management Systems
- Toshiba America Medical Systems: Cardiac Cath/Interventional Radiography, Cardiac Ultrasound (ECHO), Diagnostic Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imager (MRI)
- Tosoh Bioscience: High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Varian Medical Systems: Remote Afterloader
- Volcano Corporation: Intravascular Imaging - Ultrasound and OCT
“MD Buyline’s clinical analysts are experts at identifying the information hospitals need to know when acquiring medical capital. Customer satisfaction is a critical component of the value analysis and acquisition process. By using the insight in our User Satisfaction Trending reports, MD Buyline’s hospital members receive real-world results and experiences from their peers. Our members rely on MD Buyline for transparency so they can make the right decision for their hospital and their patients,” said Beverly Schierer, Vice President of Research and Analysis.
About User Satisfaction Trending
For more than 30 years, MD Buyline has been researching medical technologies to create transparency between healthcare providers and medical technology suppliers. This in-depth and dynamic data enables MD Buyline’s clinical analysts to map trending for ratings and end-user feedback on technologies and suppliers. MD Buyline members can review User Satisfaction Trending data on more than 100 medical technologies through MD Buyline’s online portal of proprietary clinical research. For more information or to speak with an analyst, contact MD Buyline at 1-800-375-5463 or send an email to [email protected].
About MD Buyline
Healthcare providers recognize MD Buyline as the leading provider of evidence-based information and research. By creating transparency and fostering consultative relationships, MD Buyline has partnered with providers for more than three decades to identify cost reduction opportunities for purchased services, consumables, capital and IT. Providers rely on MD Buyline’s data and clinical analysts for financial and clinical insight to reach long- and short-term goals. For more information, please visit www.mdbuyline.com, and follow MD Buyline on Twitter, @MDBuyline.
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT's direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
May. 6, 2016 10:53 AM EDT
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 6, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,170
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 6, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,591
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,310
Digital payments using wearable devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and payment wristbands are an increasing area of focus for industry participants, and consumer acceptance from early trials and deployments has encouraged some of the biggest names in technology and banking to continue their push to drive growth in this nascent market. Wearable payment systems may utilize near field communication (NFC), radio frequency identification (RFID), or quick response (QR) codes and barcodes...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,095
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 6, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,512
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 6, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,426
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
May. 6, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 804
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 6, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 668
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 6, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,396
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 6, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 618
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,232
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 6, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,079
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 6, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,527
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Klein, CEO and Co-founder of Rachio, will discuss next generation communities that are using IoT to create more sustainable, intelligent communities. One example is Sterling Ranch, a 10,000 home development that – with the help of Siemens – will integrate IoT technology into the community to provide residents with energy and water savings as well as intelligent security. Everything from stop lights to sprinkler systems to building infrastructures will run ef...
May. 6, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,348