|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 06:16 AM EDT||
DUBLIN, Apr. 01, 2014
/PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8frbj/collaboration) has announced the addition of the "Global Collaboration Tools Trends Analysis " report to their offering.
The report expounds that the Web-based collaboration solutions market has come a long way since the beginning of 1990. Though document management remained the most dominant application for collaboration, emergence of numerous innovative solutions and technologies is enhancing the efficacy of the technology.
"Emerging collaboration solutions are impacting the way individuals interact with their organization's partners, customers, and each other. Technologies such as videoconferencing, voice mail, IM, wikis, chat forums, social networking, blogs, microblogging, telepresence, voice-over-IP, and mobile computing and communications, are adding an ever evolving dimension to online collaboration."
Presently, most collaboration portfolios offer Application Programming Interface (APIs) and custom developed Software Development Kit (SDKs), which are providing enhanced opportunities to the software developers for building custom solutions.
Key Topics Covered:
1. COLLABORATION TOOLS - A FOCUS REPORT
- Collaboration Tools - A Historical Review
- Installing Collaboration Software an Inexpensive Affair
- Effective Implementation of Collaborative Tools Necessary to Maximize Success
- Collaboration Technology Holds the Key to Competitive Advantage
- Disadvantages of Collaborative Solutions
- Essential Features of Online Collaboration Solutions
- Popular Online Collaboration Solutions
- Essentials of Successful Online Collaboration
- Real Time Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Team Collaboration
- Significant Features of an Enterprise Level Open Social
- Collaboration Platform
2. COLLABORATIVE TOOLS - TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- Enterprise Level Collaboration - An Introduction
- What Does Collaboration Involve?
- Recipe for Successful Collaboration
- Essential Functionalities of Social Software
- Lotus Notes - The First Collaboration Platform
- Types of Collaborative Solutions
- Document Management
- Contact Management
- Instant Messaging
- Shared Calendars
- Discussion Forums
- Other Tools
- Collaboration Tools Essential for Software Developers
3. COLLABORATIVE TOOL - MARKET TRENDS
- Online Collaboration - An Inescapable Need of Oil and Gas Industry
- Three Prominent Trends Shaping Collaboration Strategies in the Marketing Area
- Customer Advisory Boards (CABs)
- Virtual Global Teams
- New Technologies
- Emerging Trends in Online Collaboration Solutions
- Application Programming Interface (API) - A PowerfulCollaboration Solution
- Collaborative Tools Changing the Very Concept of an Office in a Constrained Economic Situation
- How Can Collaboration Help Businesses in Achieving Goals
- Technologies Used for Online Collaboration
- Data Presentation
- E-calendars and Online Spreadsheets
- Application Sharing Technology
- Workflow Systems
- Knowledge Management Systems
- Project Management Solutions
- Instant Messaging
- Regional Market Information
- Online Collaboration Solutions - Indian Infrastructure Industry
4. NOTEWORTHY MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Avaya, Inc. (USA)
- BroadSoft, Inc. (USA)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (USA)
- Good Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Salesforce.com, Inc. (USA)
- VMware, Inc. (USA)
5. CORPORATE INITIATIVES
- Good Technology Takes Over Copiun
- Salesforce.com Acquires Stypi
- Yammer Acquires OneDrum
- BroadSoft Inks Definitive Agreement with iLinc
- Cisco Acquires Versly
- VMware Takes Over Socialcast
- VMware Takes Over SlideRocket
- Salesforce.com Takes Over Dimdim
- Siemens Enterprise Communications Acquires FastViewer
- Google Takes Over DocVerse
- VMware Enters into Agreement with Yahoo
6. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/TECHNOLOGY INNOVATIONS
- IBM Launches SmartCloud Docs Service
- Gehry Launches GTeam Platform
- GrexIt Launches GrexIt Online Collaboration Solution for Google Apps
- HootSuite Launches HootSuite Conversations
- Evernote Launches Evernote Business
- Salesforce.com to Launch Salesforce Communities
- Jive Software Launches Jive for Marketing Teams
- Google Launches Google Drive and Chrome Web Browser File- Synchronizing and Management Solution for Apple iPads and iPhones
- RMI Launches User Types, Licensing Options for RMI Advantage Platform
- AquaFold Unveils AquaClusters.com
- Intuit Unveils Brainstorm
- Microsoft Unveils MS Office 365
- Jabra Launches Jabra PC Suite Plug-In
- Salesforce.com Unveils Chatter Online Collaboration Solution
- Cisco to Launch New Range of Enhanced Online Collaboration Solutions
- Snyxius Technologies Launches Collaborate Cloud
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b8frbj/collaboration
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 262
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 332
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,078
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 28, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 187
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 301
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 28, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 335
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jul. 28, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,652
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a ...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 268
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,317
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 970
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 27, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,026
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 257
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 307
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 27, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 518
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 27, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,332