|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 07:19 AM EDT||
- Leading industry consortium for energy efficient IT further diversifies representation
PORTLAND, Oregon, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of a strategic initiative, The Green Grid® Association, the leading industry voice on data center and information technology (IT) resource efficiency, will increase the number of seats on its board of directors, the consortium's governing body.
"While our metrics and best practices have benefited businesses across the globe in improving resource efficiency, The Green Grid is expanding its mission to drive responsible and accountable information and communications technology (ICT). Increasing and diversifying the board-level members aligns with this mission, as it will allow us to better represent our membership as well as the industry," said John Tuccillo, chairman of the board for The Green Grid Association and senior vice president, Industry and Government Affairs at Schneider Electric. "Our focus going forward is to help companies across all industries realize operational maturity across the entire ICT infrastructure and related networks. We will do this by providing frameworks throughout the energy and IT value chain that are designed to increase productivity and realize efficiencies not otherwise achievable."
Board-level member companies within The Green Grid currently include Cisco Systems, Dell Inc., EMC Corporation, Emerson Network Power, Google, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Intel and Schneider-Electric. Representatives from these companies comprise The Green Grid's board of directors and set the strategic direction for the organization.
Companies who may be interested in becoming a board-level member of The Green Grid should contact the consortium's administrative office: [email protected] or +1-503-619-0653. Criteria for this level of membership includes (but is not limited to): domain expertise; nature of the organization's primary business (i.e., end user of ICT, data center operator, utilities, energy companies, equipment vendor, etc.); and, the level of commitment to contribute to future deliverables and engagement needs of The Green Grid.
Formed in 2007, The Green Grid provides the global IT industry with metrics, tools and best practices to improve resource efficiency. The most notable of these include:
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE™) - A globally adopted measure of how efficiently a computer data center uses energy; the ideal PUE rating is "1": all power going into the data center is being used for IT equipment.
- Water Usage Effectiveness (WUE™) - Calculates how efficiently a data center is using water; the ideal value of WUE is zero - no water is used to operate the data center.
- Carbon Usage Effectiveness (CUE™) - Measures the carbon emissions associated with operating a data center (not its construction); if a data center is 100-percent powered by clean energy, it will have a CUE of zero.
- Data Center Maturity Model (DCMM) - A detailed framework for data center operators to benchmark data center performance, determine levels of maturity, and identify ongoing steps and innovations necessary to achieve greater energy efficiency and sustainability.
About The Green Grid
The Green Grid Association is a global consortium of more than 200 member entities - companies, government agencies, educational institutions and individuals - dedicated to advancing resource efficiency in information technology and data centers with a holistic approach, including all IT, facility and infrastructure systems. As the global authority on resource efficient information technology and data centers, The Green Grid spans the entire computing and communications ecosystem – from data centers to personal computers – and provides the global IT industry with metrics, tools and best practices to improve resource efficiency.
The Green Grid does not endorse vendor-specific products or solutions; instead, it seeks to provide industry-wide recommendations on best practices, metrics and technologies that will improve overall resource efficiencies. For more information, visit www.thegreengrid.org.
Aug. 23, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,623
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,934
Aug. 23, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,741
Aug. 23, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,724
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,376
Aug. 23, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,614
Aug. 23, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,223
Aug. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,779
Aug. 23, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 257
Aug. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,872
Aug. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,756
Aug. 23, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 340
Aug. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,474
Aug. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 342
Aug. 23, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 341