|By Business Wire||
|April 1, 2014 09:30 AM EDT||
Network Critical, a global innovator in packet broker and TAP technology, today announced new feature enhancements to the SmartNA-X family of Network Packet Brokers. The enhancements are available on the SmartNA-X HD24 and SmartNA-X HD48 platforms.
The enhancements increase flexibility, simplify system management and provide a cost effective feature migration path. The new SmartNA-X family features include:
- Load Balancing – Allows for flexibility when using existing, lower speed monitoring tools on higher speed links. As networks migrate to 10G links and beyond, load balancing allows continued use of legacy tools, helping businesses meet CAPEX requirements on tool upgrades.
- Single Pane Management – Offers further simplicity for managing multiple units. Remote access, configuration and change management on all SmartNA-X units in the network can be accomplished from one single screen.
- License Keys – Enables customers to purchase only the feature sets needed at first then easily add features by purchasing a simple software key. This added flexibility saves upfront CAPEX and allows features to be added granularly to only port groups where features are required.
“Along with other aspects of network technologies, networking speeds are evolving rapidly. With the growth of network traffic forcing the need to scale from 1 Gbps networks to 10 Gbps, many organizations who’ve invested heavily in network security and monitoring tools that only function at 1 Gbps are facing a major hurdle,” said Dan O’Donnell, vice president of business development at Network Critical. “Rather than throw away tools that have been implemented for only a few years to replace them with new 10 Gbps tools that may also become obsolete in just another few, we are helping our customers to protect their investments by utilizing their existing network access and monitoring infrastructure more efficiently to meet networking and business requirements.”
Network Critical’s access technology solutions were created to provide flexibility with a modular design and offer passive access to the network infrastructure without the concern of failure or downtime. The SmartNA-X aggregator, filterer and Network Packet Broker family of products help organizations leverage monitoring tool investments and reduce CAPEX. The SmartNA-X solutions currently deliver complete software upgradeability from the base aggregation platform, all the way up to an aggregation plus filtering platform. They also include a fully featured Network Packet Broker that offers advanced capabilities, such as session aware load balancing, header stripping and single pane management through Network Critical’s proprietary SmartFabric. The Drag-n-Vu filter rule engine allows operators to configure rules for passing traffic between ports in a matter of seconds. Network Critical’s simple to use and flexible aggregation and filtering platform coupled with the product enhancements improve application performance, visibility and control at unrivaled price points in the industry.
The feature enhancements are available for the SmartNA-X HD platforms starting April 2014.
For the latest news and information, engage with Network Critical via:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NetworkCritical
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/network-critical
- Blog: http://networkcritical.wordpress.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/networkcritical
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NetworkCriticalTV?feature=watch
About Network Critical
Network Critical is an innovative network access and monitoring solutions provider delivering real-time network visibility, monitoring and control to service provider, data center, ecommerce, government and defense networks worldwide. Our new SmartNA-X™ HD platform with the revolutionary Drag-n-Vu™ filter rule engine, connects network analyzers, IDS/IPS appliances, bandwidth management, forensics, filtering, data leakage prevention and lawful interception devices, to network links providing 100 percent traffic visibility with zero packet loss and no added delay. http://www.networkcritical.com
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,194
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 592
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,658
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 503
Oct. 1, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,314
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,762
Oct. 1, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 825
Oct. 1, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,671
Oct. 1, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,940
Oct. 1, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,504
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,507
Oct. 1, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,415
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
Oct. 1, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,274