|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 10:30 AM EDT||
DENVER, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In a robust display of grassroots support, local governments throughout Colorado and Wyoming are declaring April Donate Life Month in their cities. These efforts are in support of the nationwide observance, National Donate Life Month, which honors the generosity of organ, eye and tissue donors and their families and commemorates all transplant recipients in the United States throughout the month of April.
In addition to making the formal proclamations about Donate Life Month, local governments from Pueblo, to Grand Junction, to Casper and in between are activating a variety of awareness-building activities in their communities. These governments are working in tandem with transplant recipients and donor families in their cities and Donor Alliance, the federally designated, non-profit organ procurement organization serving Colorado and most of Wyoming, to raise awareness of the lifesaving message of donation.
"This widespread, localized show of support bears witness to the impact donation and transplantation have locally. Our states also boast some of the highest rates of donation in the country, which is a testament to the generosity of Colorado and Wyoming residents," said Sue Dunn, president and CEO of Donor Alliance. "Nonetheless, more than 2,400 people in our states are still waiting for lifesaving transplants, so it is critical that we continue to speak out on the importance of the cause. We encourage citizens to look for the Donate Life Month activities in their local communities throughout April, and to consider giving the gift of life by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors."
The following Donate Life Month proclamations will take/have taken place throughout Colorado:
- Aurora, Colo.: Mayor Steve Hogan will name April "Donate Life Aurora Month" at a proclamation presentation at 11:30 a.m., April 1 at the Aurora Municipal Center. Supporting this city's activities is Aurora resident Anita Smith, a kidney recipient and Anthony Iheaka, a heart recipient.
- Eagle County, Colo: County Commissioners will name April "Donate Life Eagle County Month" at a proclamation presentation at 11 AM, April 1 at the Eagle County Building. Supporting this county's activities are Eagle County residents Susan Spiegel, the mother of a donor; Izzy Thompson, the wife of a donor; the Scriver donor family and the Brock donor family from Grand Junction.
- Federal Heights, Colo: The city's Board of Commissioners will name April "Donate Life Federal Heights Month" at a proclamation presentation at 7 p.m., April 1 at the Federal Heights City Hall Building. Dale Sparks, a recipient husband, donor father and former mayor of Federal Heights, spearheaded this proclamation.
- Grand Junction, Colo: Mayor Sam Susuras will present the "Donate Life Grand Junction Month" proclamation at the City Council meeting at 7 p.m., April 2 at Grand Junction City Hall. Debi Carson Youngerman, who received a lifesaving kidney transplant 25 years ago, will accept the proclamation with a group of donor families, recipients and representatives from Donor Alliance.
- Pueblo, Colo: City Council will name April "Donate Life Pueblo Month" at a proclamation presentation at 7 p.m., April 14 at the Pueblo City Hall. Supporting this city's activities are Pueblo residents Andrea Propst, who has a daughter on the transplant waiting list; Kenneth Garcia, the husband of a donor and Kiera Katton-Sena, the daughter of a transplant recipient.
- Brighton, Colo: City Commissioners will name April "Donate Life Brighton Month" at a proclamation presentation at 7 p.m., April 15 at the Brighton City Hall Council Chambers. Donor father and recipient husband Dale Sparks supported this city's activities.
- Northglenn, Colo: City Council named April "Donate Life Northglenn Month" at a proclamation presentation on March 10. Dale Sparks, donor father and recipient husband, supported this city's activities.
- Westminster, Colo: The City Council named April "Donate Life Westminster Month" at a proclamation presentation on March 24. Supporting this city's activities were Westminster residents Tiffany Pierce, a liver recipient; Joel Davis, an advocate for the cause and the Thompson donor family.
- Adams County, Colo: Adams County officials declared April "Donate Life Adams County Month" in a ceremony at the Adams County Municipal Building on Tuesday, March 25. Donor father, recipient husband and former major of Federal Heights Dale Sparks facilitated the proclamation request.
- Denver, Colo.: At the request of Denver residents Stephen Johnson, a kidney recipient and Robert Fettner, a heart recipient, Mayor Michael Hancock has proclaimed April as "Donate Life Denver Month."
- Colorado Springs, Colo.: The City Council has named April "Donate Life Colorado Springs Month." Supporting this city's activities are Colorado Springs residents Jon & Lori Driscoll, parents of a donor; Rita McCullough, recipient and wife of a donor and Mark & Gail Gallagher, parents of a donor.
The following Donate Life Month proclamations will take/have taken place throughout Wyoming:
- Powell, Wyo: At the request of Laura Kurtz, a local citizen whose daughter died waiting for a double lung transplant, the Powell City Council will vote on a Donate Life Month proclamation in the City Council Chambers of City Hall on April 7 at 7:00 p.m.
- La Barge, Wyo.: Mayor Larry Stepp declared April "Donate Life LaBarge Month" in a ceremony at the Town Hall on March 19 at the request of donor mother and tissue recipient Trish Studt.
- Casper, Wyo: At the request of local heart recipient Jason Wynia, Mayor Paul Meyer has declared it "Donate Life Casper Month."
In addition to the government proclamations, communities and businesses around the states are showing their support for the cause of organ, eye and tissue donation during April by flying Donate Life flags, hanging posters and banners, displaying window clings and distributing information to patrons.
Additionally, Friday, April 11th is National Blue & Green Day, a fun element of National Donate Life Month. Locally, Donor Alliance will hold a social media contest for residents, in which they can share photos of themselves wearing blue and green on the Donate Life Colorado and Donate Life Wyoming Facebook pages, or by using the #BlueandGreenColo and #BlueandGreenWyo hashtags on Twitter and Instagram. More information on how to participate and contest rules can be accessed at www.donoralliance.org/ndlm/national-blue-and-green-day-toolkit/.
Communities, governments or businesses interested in joining the Donate Life Month celebration can access a toolkit with helpful materials at http://www.DonorAlliance.org/ndlm. Donor Alliance asks residents to join the 68 percent of Coloradans and 59 percent of Wyoming citizens who have registered to be organ, eye and tissue donors. For more information about organ and tissue donation, please visit DonorAlliance.org. To register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor, please visit DonateLifeColorado.org, DonateLifeWyoming.org or call 303-329-4747 for more information.
About Donor Alliance
Donor Alliance is the federally-designated, non-profit organ procurement organization and an American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) accredited tissue bank serving Colorado and most of Wyoming. As a recognized leader in facilitating the donation and recovery of transplantable organs and tissues, Donor Alliance's mission is to save lives through organ and tissue donation and transplantation. To achieve this mission, Donor Alliance employs an effective family approach and recovery programs in more than 100 hospitals. Donor Alliance also inspires the public to register as organ and tissue donors through community partnerships, public outreach and educational campaigns throughout its donation service area. For more information visit the Donor Alliance website, or the Donate Life Colorado or Donate Life Wyoming Facebook pages.
SOURCE Donor Alliance
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 23, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,912
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,299
One of biggest questions about Big Data is “How do we harness all that information for business use quickly and effectively?” Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or spatial technology is about more than making maps, but adding critical context and meaning to data of all types, coming from all different channels – even sensors. In his session at @ThingsExpo, William (Bill) Meehan, director of utility solutions for Esri, will take a closer look at the current state of spatial technology and ar...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,682
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and microservices. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your conta...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,437
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,944
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his session at @DevOpsSummit 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will show how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that enables everyon...
Oct. 23, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,270
SYS-CON Events announced today that Streamlyzer will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Streamlyzer is a powerful analytics for video streaming service that enables video streaming providers to monitor and analyze QoE (Quality-of-Experience) from end-user devices in real time.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 939
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 9,644
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 843
DevOps theory promotes a culture of continuous improvement built on collaboration, empowerment, systems thinking, and feedback loops. But how do you collaborate effectively across the traditional silos? How can you make decisions without system-wide visibility? How can you see the whole system when it is spread across teams and locations? How do you close feedback loops across teams and activities delivering complex multi-tier, cloud, container, serverless, and/or API-based services?
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 988
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 23, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 600
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity.
Oct. 23, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 10,957
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 23, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 716
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 23, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,815
Cloud based infrastructure deployment is becoming more and more appealing to customers, from Fortune 500 companies to SMEs due to its pay-as-you-go model. Enterprise storage vendors are able to reach out to these customers by integrating in cloud based deployments; this needs adaptability and interoperability of the products confirming to cloud standards such as OpenStack, CloudStack, or Azure. As compared to off the shelf commodity storage, enterprise storages by its reliability, high-availabil...
Oct. 23, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,034