|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 11:38 AM EDT||
MINNEAPOLIS, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's, one of Cargill's largest global customers, honored Cargill today with seven "Best of Sustainable Supply" awards, including two category winners for community impact and economics. McDonald's bestows the awards to recognize outstanding supplier leadership in helping provide a safe, sustainable and assured supply of food and products for its customers, and to encourage the sharing of best practices in sustainability.
"We strive every day to help our customers achieve their goals, including helping them deliver more sustainable products, services and solutions," said Pete Richter, head of Cargill's McDonald's Business Unit. "The seven projects honored today range from work we do in direct partnership with McDonald's to initiatives we lead as we make corporate responsibility integral to our day-to-day operations."
The Cargill projects recognized by McDonald's are helping reduce environmental impacts, improving sustainability and enabling farmers and rural communities to prosper. They include:
- Raising yields of canola per acre to fulfill McDonald's requirements for high-oleic canola oil;
- Establishing Indonesia's first palm oil teaching farm;
- Implementing renewable energy sources in chicken housing to reduce the housing's carbon footprint while improving animal health;
- Helping cocoa farmers implement sustainable practices, improve production and quality and earn better prices;
- Collaborating with World Wildlife Fund to boost corn production while protecting environmentally sensitive lands in Northeast China's Jilin province;
- Setting environmental targets for stevia cultivation to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, water use and waste and ensure Truvia® stevia is not grown on conservation or protected lands;
- Working with CARE to reduce hunger, increase farmer productivity and improve children's education.
These seven Cargill projects were among 51 honored by McDonald's with its 2014 Best of Sustainable Supply awards.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and nearly 150 years of experience. We have 142,000 employees in 67 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. For more information, visit Cargill.com and our News Center.
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 29, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,864
Aug. 28, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,122
Aug. 28, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,041
Aug. 28, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,827
Aug. 28, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,945
Aug. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 696
Aug. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,617
Aug. 28, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,935
Aug. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 755
Aug. 28, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,504
Aug. 28, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 754
Aug. 28, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,664
Aug. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,430
Aug. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 858
Aug. 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 703