|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 03:03 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip) has announced the addition of the "Connectivity Chip Trends" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The report analyzes and presents an overview of Connectivity Chips market worldwide. The report in addition provides global market estimates and projections for Wireless Connectivity ICs in US dollars for years 2012 through 2017.
Supported with 7 market data tables, the report provides a review of global market trends, technological advancements, and competitive scenario. The report highlights on various strategic industry activities of major companies witnessed by the industry over the last few years.
In addition, 42 companies operating in the Connectivity Chips arena worldwide are profiled, including
- Broadcom Corporation
- CSR PLC
- INSIDE Secure
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toumaz Microsystems
Key Topics Covered:
1. CONNECTIVITY CHIPS - A MARKET OVERVIEW
- A Prelude
- Table 1: Global Wireless Connectivity ICs Market (2012-2017) in US$ Million
- Table 2: Global Video-Oriented Consumer Electronics Devices Equipped with High-Bandwidth Wireless Solutions ICs (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Wi-Fi-enabled Mobile Devices to Witness Robust Growth
- Table 3: Global Wi-Fi-enabled Device Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Increased Consumer Demand for Wi-Fi Mobile Devices Driving Growth in Semiconductor Industry
- Key Factors Expected to Drive Wireless Connectivity Chips Market in Near Term
- Increase in Consumer Interest for Wire-Free Solutions
- Table 4: Global Bluetooth-Enabled Chip Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Growing Use of Internet in Next-Generation Consumer Devices
- Technological Advancements
- Competitive Scenario
- Table 5: Leading Connectivity Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, Texas Instruments, CSR PLC, Marvell Technology Group Ltd, and Others
- Table 6: Leading Bluetooth Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, CSR PLC, Media Tek, RDA Microelectronics, and Others
- Table 7: Leading GPS Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) Percentage Breakdown for CSR Plc, u-blox AG, Texas Instruments, Broadcom, and Others
2. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Amazon.com to Take Over Mobile Processor Division of Texas Instruments
- Samsung Acquires Handset Technology Development Division of CSR
- Toumaz Establishes Toumaz Microsystems
- Broadcom Takes Over NetLogic Microsystems
- CSR Takes Over Zoran
- Inside Secure Signs Agreement with Intel for NFC Technology
- Qualcomm Acquires Atheros Communications
- Texas Instruments Acquires National Semiconductor
3. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/INNOVATIONS
- Apple to Introduce 802.11ac Networking Capabilities in New Mac Models
- Broadcom Launches New 5G WiFi Product Line
- Broadcom Rolls Out BCM20732 Bluetooth® Smart System-on-Chip
- Dialog Semiconductor Introduces DA14580 SmartBond System-on-Chip
- Broadcom Introduces BCM4752 Location Architecture
- Marvell and Atheros Independently Introduce Wi-Fi Chips
- ST-Ericsson Introduces Mobile Connectivity Chips
4. MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Analog Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Aquantia Corporation (USA)
- ASIX Electronics Corporation (Taiwan)
- Atmel Corporation (USA)
- Beken Corporation (China)
- Broadcom Corporation (USA)
- Cadence Design Systems
- Celeno Communications (Israel)
- CellGuide Ltd. (Israel)
- CSR PLC (UK)
- Dialog Semiconductor
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
- Gainspan Corporation
- GCT Semiconductor
- Glyn Ltd. (Australia)
- INSIDE Secure (France)
- Intel Corporation (USA)
- Lantiq (Germany)
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Bermuda)
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (USA)
- MediaTek, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Microchip Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA (Norway)
- Nvidia Corporation (USA)
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- PMC-Sierra, Inc. (USA)
- Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. (USA)
- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (USA)
- RDA Microelectronics (China)
- Realtek Semiconductor Corporation (Taiwan)
- Redpine Signals (USA)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan)
- RF Micro Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. (USA)
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc. (USA)
- SkyTraq Technology, Inc. (Taiwan)
- ST-Ericsson (Switzerland)
- Telechips, Inc. (Korea)
- Texas Instruments, Inc. (USA)
- Toumaz Microsystems (UK)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,950
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,702
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,516
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 633
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, discussed how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technologi...
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 923
"Operations is sort of the maturation of cloud utilization and the move to the cloud," explained Steve Anderson, Product Manager for BMC’s Cloud Lifecycle Management, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,778
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 887
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 660
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,291
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,801
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,963
What are the successful IoT innovations from emerging markets? What are the unique challenges and opportunities from these markets? How did the constraints in connectivity among others lead to groundbreaking insights? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Carmen Feliciano, a Principal at AMDG, will answer all these questions and share how you can apply IoT best practices and frameworks from the emerging markets to your own business.
Jul. 23, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,489
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,828
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 783
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,644