|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 03:03 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip) has announced the addition of the "Connectivity Chip Trends" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The report analyzes and presents an overview of Connectivity Chips market worldwide. The report in addition provides global market estimates and projections for Wireless Connectivity ICs in US dollars for years 2012 through 2017.
Supported with 7 market data tables, the report provides a review of global market trends, technological advancements, and competitive scenario. The report highlights on various strategic industry activities of major companies witnessed by the industry over the last few years.
In addition, 42 companies operating in the Connectivity Chips arena worldwide are profiled, including
- Broadcom Corporation
- CSR PLC
- INSIDE Secure
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toumaz Microsystems
Key Topics Covered:
1. CONNECTIVITY CHIPS - A MARKET OVERVIEW
- A Prelude
- Table 1: Global Wireless Connectivity ICs Market (2012-2017) in US$ Million
- Table 2: Global Video-Oriented Consumer Electronics Devices Equipped with High-Bandwidth Wireless Solutions ICs (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Wi-Fi-enabled Mobile Devices to Witness Robust Growth
- Table 3: Global Wi-Fi-enabled Device Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Increased Consumer Demand for Wi-Fi Mobile Devices Driving Growth in Semiconductor Industry
- Key Factors Expected to Drive Wireless Connectivity Chips Market in Near Term
- Increase in Consumer Interest for Wire-Free Solutions
- Table 4: Global Bluetooth-Enabled Chip Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Growing Use of Internet in Next-Generation Consumer Devices
- Technological Advancements
- Competitive Scenario
- Table 5: Leading Connectivity Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, Texas Instruments, CSR PLC, Marvell Technology Group Ltd, and Others
- Table 6: Leading Bluetooth Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, CSR PLC, Media Tek, RDA Microelectronics, and Others
- Table 7: Leading GPS Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) Percentage Breakdown for CSR Plc, u-blox AG, Texas Instruments, Broadcom, and Others
2. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Amazon.com to Take Over Mobile Processor Division of Texas Instruments
- Samsung Acquires Handset Technology Development Division of CSR
- Toumaz Establishes Toumaz Microsystems
- Broadcom Takes Over NetLogic Microsystems
- CSR Takes Over Zoran
- Inside Secure Signs Agreement with Intel for NFC Technology
- Qualcomm Acquires Atheros Communications
- Texas Instruments Acquires National Semiconductor
3. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/INNOVATIONS
- Apple to Introduce 802.11ac Networking Capabilities in New Mac Models
- Broadcom Launches New 5G WiFi Product Line
- Broadcom Rolls Out BCM20732 Bluetooth® Smart System-on-Chip
- Dialog Semiconductor Introduces DA14580 SmartBond System-on-Chip
- Broadcom Introduces BCM4752 Location Architecture
- Marvell and Atheros Independently Introduce Wi-Fi Chips
- ST-Ericsson Introduces Mobile Connectivity Chips
4. MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Analog Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Aquantia Corporation (USA)
- ASIX Electronics Corporation (Taiwan)
- Atmel Corporation (USA)
- Beken Corporation (China)
- Broadcom Corporation (USA)
- Cadence Design Systems
- Celeno Communications (Israel)
- CellGuide Ltd. (Israel)
- CSR PLC (UK)
- Dialog Semiconductor
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
- Gainspan Corporation
- GCT Semiconductor
- Glyn Ltd. (Australia)
- INSIDE Secure (France)
- Intel Corporation (USA)
- Lantiq (Germany)
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Bermuda)
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (USA)
- MediaTek, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Microchip Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA (Norway)
- Nvidia Corporation (USA)
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- PMC-Sierra, Inc. (USA)
- Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. (USA)
- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (USA)
- RDA Microelectronics (China)
- Realtek Semiconductor Corporation (Taiwan)
- Redpine Signals (USA)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan)
- RF Micro Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. (USA)
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc. (USA)
- SkyTraq Technology, Inc. (Taiwan)
- ST-Ericsson (Switzerland)
- Telechips, Inc. (Korea)
- Texas Instruments, Inc. (USA)
- Toumaz Microsystems (UK)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., focused on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what do...
Feb. 10, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 277
CIOs and those charged with running IT Operations are challenged to deliver secure, audited, and reliable compute environments for the applications and data for the business. Behind the scenes these tasks are often accomplished by following onerous time-consuming processes and often the management of these environments and processes will be outsourced to multiple IT service providers. In addition, the division of work is often siloed into traditional "towers" that are not well integrated for cro...
Feb. 10, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 478
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, explored the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to...
Feb. 10, 2016 03:00 AM EST Reads: 305
Sensors and effectors of IoT are solving problems in new ways, but small businesses have been slow to join the quantified world. They’ll need information from IoT using applications as varied as the businesses themselves. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Meike, Distinguished Engineer, Director of Technology Innovation at Intuit, showed how IoT manufacturers can use open standards, public APIs and custom apps to enable the Quantified Small Business. He used a Raspberry Pi to connect sensors...
Feb. 10, 2016 03:00 AM EST
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, will discuss how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved effi...
Feb. 10, 2016 01:15 AM EST Reads: 231
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 190
Predictive analytics tools monitor, report, and troubleshoot in order to make proactive decisions about the health, performance, and utilization of storage. Most enterprises combine cloud and on-premise storage, resulting in blended environments of physical, virtual, cloud, and other platforms, which justifies more sophisticated storage analytics. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Peter McCallum, Vice President of Datacenter Solutions at FalconStor, will discuss using predictive analytics to ...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:45 AM EST Reads: 387
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 202
Father business cycles and digital consumers are forcing enterprises to respond faster to customer needs and competitive demands. Successful integration of DevOps and Agile development will be key for business success in today’s digital economy. In his session at DevOps Summit, Pradeep Prabhu, Co-Founder & CEO of Cloudmunch, covered the critical practices that enterprises should consider to seamlessly integrate Agile and DevOps processes, barriers to implementing this in the enterprise, and pr...
Feb. 10, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 380
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 9, 2016 10:15 PM EST Reads: 236
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection.
Feb. 9, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 195
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 9, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 167
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 602
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 9, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 210
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 9, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 140