|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 03:03 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip) has announced the addition of the "Connectivity Chip Trends" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The report analyzes and presents an overview of Connectivity Chips market worldwide. The report in addition provides global market estimates and projections for Wireless Connectivity ICs in US dollars for years 2012 through 2017.
Supported with 7 market data tables, the report provides a review of global market trends, technological advancements, and competitive scenario. The report highlights on various strategic industry activities of major companies witnessed by the industry over the last few years.
In addition, 42 companies operating in the Connectivity Chips arena worldwide are profiled, including
- Broadcom Corporation
- CSR PLC
- INSIDE Secure
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toumaz Microsystems
Key Topics Covered:
1. CONNECTIVITY CHIPS - A MARKET OVERVIEW
- A Prelude
- Table 1: Global Wireless Connectivity ICs Market (2012-2017) in US$ Million
- Table 2: Global Video-Oriented Consumer Electronics Devices Equipped with High-Bandwidth Wireless Solutions ICs (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Wi-Fi-enabled Mobile Devices to Witness Robust Growth
- Table 3: Global Wi-Fi-enabled Device Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Increased Consumer Demand for Wi-Fi Mobile Devices Driving Growth in Semiconductor Industry
- Key Factors Expected to Drive Wireless Connectivity Chips Market in Near Term
- Increase in Consumer Interest for Wire-Free Solutions
- Table 4: Global Bluetooth-Enabled Chip Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Growing Use of Internet in Next-Generation Consumer Devices
- Technological Advancements
- Competitive Scenario
- Table 5: Leading Connectivity Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, Texas Instruments, CSR PLC, Marvell Technology Group Ltd, and Others
- Table 6: Leading Bluetooth Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, CSR PLC, Media Tek, RDA Microelectronics, and Others
- Table 7: Leading GPS Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) Percentage Breakdown for CSR Plc, u-blox AG, Texas Instruments, Broadcom, and Others
2. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Amazon.com to Take Over Mobile Processor Division of Texas Instruments
- Samsung Acquires Handset Technology Development Division of CSR
- Toumaz Establishes Toumaz Microsystems
- Broadcom Takes Over NetLogic Microsystems
- CSR Takes Over Zoran
- Inside Secure Signs Agreement with Intel for NFC Technology
- Qualcomm Acquires Atheros Communications
- Texas Instruments Acquires National Semiconductor
3. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/INNOVATIONS
- Apple to Introduce 802.11ac Networking Capabilities in New Mac Models
- Broadcom Launches New 5G WiFi Product Line
- Broadcom Rolls Out BCM20732 Bluetooth® Smart System-on-Chip
- Dialog Semiconductor Introduces DA14580 SmartBond System-on-Chip
- Broadcom Introduces BCM4752 Location Architecture
- Marvell and Atheros Independently Introduce Wi-Fi Chips
- ST-Ericsson Introduces Mobile Connectivity Chips
4. MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Analog Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Aquantia Corporation (USA)
- ASIX Electronics Corporation (Taiwan)
- Atmel Corporation (USA)
- Beken Corporation (China)
- Broadcom Corporation (USA)
- Cadence Design Systems
- Celeno Communications (Israel)
- CellGuide Ltd. (Israel)
- CSR PLC (UK)
- Dialog Semiconductor
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
- Gainspan Corporation
- GCT Semiconductor
- Glyn Ltd. (Australia)
- INSIDE Secure (France)
- Intel Corporation (USA)
- Lantiq (Germany)
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Bermuda)
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (USA)
- MediaTek, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Microchip Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA (Norway)
- Nvidia Corporation (USA)
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- PMC-Sierra, Inc. (USA)
- Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. (USA)
- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (USA)
- RDA Microelectronics (China)
- Realtek Semiconductor Corporation (Taiwan)
- Redpine Signals (USA)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan)
- RF Micro Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. (USA)
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc. (USA)
- SkyTraq Technology, Inc. (Taiwan)
- ST-Ericsson (Switzerland)
- Telechips, Inc. (Korea)
- Texas Instruments, Inc. (USA)
- Toumaz Microsystems (UK)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 970
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 9, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,218
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 1,123
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 9, 2016 08:00 AM EST Reads: 980
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,197
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 9, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 4,349
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2017 New York The 7th Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Chris Matthieu is the co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, a revolutionary real-time IoT platform recently acquired by Citrix. Octoblu connects things, systems, people and clouds to a global mesh network allowing users to automate and control design flo...
Dec. 9, 2016 06:00 AM EST Reads: 826
You are moving to the Cloud. The question is not if, it’s when. Now that your competitors are in the cloud and lapping you, your “when” better hurry up and get here. But saying and doing are two different things. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Robert Reeves, CTO of Datical, explained how DevOps can be your onramp to the cloud. By adopting simple, platform independent DevOps strategies, you can accelerate your move to the cloud. Spoiler Alert: He also makes sure you don’t...
Dec. 9, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 3,143
President Obama recently announced the launch of a new national awareness campaign to "encourage more Americans to move beyond passwords – adding an extra layer of security like a fingerprint or codes sent to your cellphone." The shift from single passwords to multi-factor authentication couldn’t be timelier or more strategic. This session will focus on why passwords alone are no longer effective, and why the time to act is now. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Chris Webber, security strateg...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 510
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,037
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, shared the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Dec. 9, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 3,562
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:15 AM EST Reads: 1,459
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Dec. 9, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 598
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Dec. 9, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,346
"We are a custom software development, engineering firm. We specialize in cloud applications from helping customers that have on-premise applications migrating to the cloud, to helping customers design brand new apps in the cloud. And we specialize in mobile apps," explained Peter Di Stefano, Vice President of Marketing at Impiger Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 03:30 AM EST Reads: 505