|By PR Newswire||
|April 1, 2014 03:03 PM EDT||
DUBLIN, April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip) has announced the addition of the "Connectivity Chip Trends" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The report analyzes and presents an overview of Connectivity Chips market worldwide. The report in addition provides global market estimates and projections for Wireless Connectivity ICs in US dollars for years 2012 through 2017.
Supported with 7 market data tables, the report provides a review of global market trends, technological advancements, and competitive scenario. The report highlights on various strategic industry activities of major companies witnessed by the industry over the last few years.
In addition, 42 companies operating in the Connectivity Chips arena worldwide are profiled, including
- Broadcom Corporation
- CSR PLC
- INSIDE Secure
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd.
- Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- Samsung Semiconductor Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toumaz Microsystems
Key Topics Covered:
1. CONNECTIVITY CHIPS - A MARKET OVERVIEW
- A Prelude
- Table 1: Global Wireless Connectivity ICs Market (2012-2017) in US$ Million
- Table 2: Global Video-Oriented Consumer Electronics Devices Equipped with High-Bandwidth Wireless Solutions ICs (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Wi-Fi-enabled Mobile Devices to Witness Robust Growth
- Table 3: Global Wi-Fi-enabled Device Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Increased Consumer Demand for Wi-Fi Mobile Devices Driving Growth in Semiconductor Industry
- Key Factors Expected to Drive Wireless Connectivity Chips Market in Near Term
- Increase in Consumer Interest for Wire-Free Solutions
- Table 4: Global Bluetooth-Enabled Chip Shipments (2012-2017) in Million Units
- Growing Use of Internet in Next-Generation Consumer Devices
- Technological Advancements
- Competitive Scenario
- Table 5: Leading Connectivity Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, Texas Instruments, CSR PLC, Marvell Technology Group Ltd, and Others
- Table 6: Leading Bluetooth Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) - Percentage Breakdown for Broadcom, CSR PLC, Media Tek, RDA Microelectronics, and Others
- Table 7: Leading GPS Chip Producers' Market Share by Value Sales Worldwide (2012) Percentage Breakdown for CSR Plc, u-blox AG, Texas Instruments, Broadcom, and Others
2. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Amazon.com to Take Over Mobile Processor Division of Texas Instruments
- Samsung Acquires Handset Technology Development Division of CSR
- Toumaz Establishes Toumaz Microsystems
- Broadcom Takes Over NetLogic Microsystems
- CSR Takes Over Zoran
- Inside Secure Signs Agreement with Intel for NFC Technology
- Qualcomm Acquires Atheros Communications
- Texas Instruments Acquires National Semiconductor
3. PRODUCT LAUNCHES/INNOVATIONS
- Apple to Introduce 802.11ac Networking Capabilities in New Mac Models
- Broadcom Launches New 5G WiFi Product Line
- Broadcom Rolls Out BCM20732 Bluetooth® Smart System-on-Chip
- Dialog Semiconductor Introduces DA14580 SmartBond System-on-Chip
- Broadcom Introduces BCM4752 Location Architecture
- Marvell and Atheros Independently Introduce Wi-Fi Chips
- ST-Ericsson Introduces Mobile Connectivity Chips
4. MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Analog Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Aquantia Corporation (USA)
- ASIX Electronics Corporation (Taiwan)
- Atmel Corporation (USA)
- Beken Corporation (China)
- Broadcom Corporation (USA)
- Cadence Design Systems
- Celeno Communications (Israel)
- CellGuide Ltd. (Israel)
- CSR PLC (UK)
- Dialog Semiconductor
- Freescale Semiconductor
- Fujitsu Ltd. (Japan)
- Gainspan Corporation
- GCT Semiconductor
- Glyn Ltd. (Australia)
- INSIDE Secure (France)
- Intel Corporation (USA)
- Lantiq (Germany)
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (Bermuda)
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (USA)
- MediaTek, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Microchip Technology, Inc. (USA)
- Nordic Semiconductor ASA (Norway)
- Nvidia Corporation (USA)
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- PMC-Sierra, Inc. (USA)
- Qualcomm Atheros, Inc. (USA)
- Quantenna Communications, Inc. (USA)
- RDA Microelectronics (China)
- Realtek Semiconductor Corporation (Taiwan)
- Redpine Signals (USA)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan)
- RF Micro Devices, Inc. (USA)
- Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. (USA)
- Silicon Laboratories, Inc. (USA)
- SkyTraq Technology, Inc. (Taiwan)
- ST-Ericsson (Switzerland)
- Telechips, Inc. (Korea)
- Texas Instruments, Inc. (USA)
- Toumaz Microsystems (UK)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zb7rsm/connectivity_chip
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 3, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 723
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 03:15 AM EDT
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,676
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 3, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 641
Organizations from small to large are increasingly adopting cloud solutions to deliver essential business services at a much lower cost. According to cyber security experts, the frequency and severity of cyber-attacks are on the rise, causing alarm to businesses and customers across a variety of industries. To defend against exploits like these, a company must adopt a comprehensive security defense strategy that is designed for their business. In 2015, organizations such as United Airlines, Sony...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 518
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 2, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 232
DevOps Summit, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,615
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 311
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 2, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 839
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 154
Advances in technology and ubiquitous connectivity have made the utilization of a dispersed workforce more common. Whether that remote team is located across the street or country, management styles/ approaches will have to be adjusted to accommodate this new dynamic. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on the challenges of managing remote teams, providing real-world examples that demonstrate what works and what...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:15 PM EDT
eCube Systems has released NXTmonitor, a full featured application orchestration solution. NXTmonitor, which inherited the code base of NXTminder, has been extended to support multi-discipline processes and will act as a DevOps utility in a heterogeneous enterprise environment. Previously, NXTminder was packaged with NXTera middleware to configure and manage Entera and NXTera RPC servers. “Since we are widening the focus of this solution to DevOps, we felt the need to change the name to NXTmon...
Sep. 2, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 123
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 466
The web app is agile. The REST API is agile. The testing and planning are agile. But alas, data infrastructures certainly are not. Once an application matures, changing the shape or indexing scheme of data often forces at best a top down planning exercise and at worst includes schema changes that force downtime. The time has come for a new approach that fundamentally advances the agility of distributed data infrastructures. Come learn about a new solution to the problems faced by software organ...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 123