|By PR Newswire||
|April 2, 2014 10:22 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC today affirmed its 'MOR CS2' commercial mortgage primary servicer ranking for Situs Asset Management LLC, and raised its commercial mortgage special servicer ranking for Situs Holdings, LLC to 'MOR CS1' from 'MOR CS2.' The affirmed primary servicer ranking and raised special servicer ranking are based on the following factors:
Primary Servicer Ranking:
- Stabilizing operations: Situs had high staff turnover rates during 2013 as the company made further organizational modifications as part of a revised business strategy initiated in early 2012. Signs now indicate that the company's employee turnover rate in 2014 should be much lower.
- Effective and strengthened technology: Situs has effective technology tools for its loan administration and portfolio management duties, which now involve more large-scale assets and customized reporting. In Morningstar's view, the company's conversion to a new servicing system in 2012, along with other completed technology enhancements, is strengthening its servicing capabilities.
- Solid professional experience and depth: Situs has retained an experienced professional staff and an organizational structure that promotes portfolio management accountability. Situs also has an effective training function.
- Sound internal audit and new compliance program: Situs has a multi-level internal audit function that examines its operations annually. Recently completed audits cited no material exceptions related to operational controls and procedures. Situs also established a formal compliance function for primary servicing in 2013.
- Effective portfolio management: Situs has diligent practices to monitor collateral performance and handle credit issues. The company has experience with highly structured assets, distressed portfolios, and providing investors customized surveillance and asset management.
- No commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) servicing history, yet robust client reporting capabilities: According to Morningstar, Situs has proven capabilities to deliver customized and detailed investor reporting. While the company has not yet served as a primary servicer for a government-sponsored entity or other CMBS, Situs services one securitized small-balance portfolio. The company also provides supplemental commercial real estate finance council (CREFC)-compliant portfolio surveillance reporting to certain CMBS investors.
Special Servicer Ranking:
- Extended record of asset resolution achievement: Situs demonstrates highly successful asset resolution performance results involving many challenging assets nationwide. Morningstar considers Situs to be a very adept CMBS special servicer.
- Very experienced professional team: Situs continues to have a highly experienced management team and asset managers. Adding further professional depth, the operation includes a dedicated asset management subsidiary for a bank-owned portfolio.
- Excellent technology: Situs uses a highly effective proprietary asset management system that is well-suited for CMBS reporting and integrated with the company's other applications.
- Well-controlled, diligent asset analytics and management: Situs has diligent and controlled asset analysis practices. The company also strengthened its real estate-owned (REO) property oversight by establishing an ongoing property management company audit program.
- Sound internal audit and compliance functions: The special servicing operation undergoes annual audits and has its own compliance function. Recently completed audits indicated no material exceptions related to operational controls and procedures.
- Effective conflicts of interest management: Situs is a CMBS special servicer for transactions in which two affiliated investors respectively hold first-loss positions and are the controlling class holders. In Morningstar's view, Situs has sound practices to manage any conflicts of interest in this regard.
As of Dec. 31, 2013, Situs' primary servicing portfolio consisted of 879 loans with an unpaid principal balance (UPB) of approximately $12.1 billion. The portfolio included one securitized transaction and three commercial real estate collateralized debt obligation (CRE CDO) transactions. As of Dec. 31, 2013, Situs was the named special servicer for 1,907 loans with an approximate UPB of $23.2 billion, including 18 CMBS transactions. The company's total active special servicing portfolio contained 320 assets with a combined UPB of approximately $2.4 billion. The active CMBS portfolio comprised 97 assets with a combined UPB of approximately $1.2 billion.
The forecast for both rankings remains Stable. As a primary servicer, Situs should continue to operate effectively to meet its clients' servicing and portfolio management requirements. Morningstar also believes the company will continue to maintain the practices and expertise to serve as a highly effective special servicer for CMBS and other investors.
To access Morningstar's operational risk assessment methodology and all published reports, please visit https://ratingagency.morningstar.com.
About Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC and Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO) that specializes in structured credit research and ratings, and offers a wide array of services including new-issue ratings and analysis, operational risk assessments, surveillance services, data, and technology solutions.
Morningstar Credit Ratings' rankings, forecasts, and assessments contained in this press release are evaluations and opinions of non-credit related risks, and therefore, are not credit ratings within the meaning of Section 3 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act") or credit ratings subject to the Exchange Act requirements and regulations promulgated thereunder with respect to credit ratings issued by NRSROs.
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, and retirement plan providers and sponsors. Morningstar provides data on approximately 446,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on more than 10 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries and had approximately $159 billion in assets under advisement and management as of Dec. 31, 2013. The company has operations in 27 countries.
Morningstar, Inc. is not an NRSRO and its credit ratings on corporate and municipal issuers are not NRSRO credit ratings.
©2014 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Michelle Weiss, +1 267-960-6014 or [email protected]
SOURCE Morningstar, Inc.
In his session at Cloud Expo, Alan Winters, an entertainment executive/TV producer turned serial entrepreneur, will present a success story of an entrepreneur who has both suffered through and benefited from offshore development across multiple businesses: The smart choice, or how to select the right offshore development partner Warning signs, or how to minimize chances of making the wrong choice Collaboration, or how to establish the most effective work processes Budget control, or how to m...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:21 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. The company co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure network...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,500
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 28, 2017 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,480
SYS-CON Events announced today that SD Times | BZ Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and commercial UAV markets.
Mar. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,392
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,204
Building custom add-ons does not need to be limited to the ideas you see on a marketplace. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sukhbir Dhillon, CEO and founder of Addteq, will go over some adventures they faced in developing integrations using Atlassian SDK and other technologies/platforms and how it has enabled development teams to experiment with newer paradigms like Serverless and newer features of Atlassian SDKs. In this presentation, you will be taken on a journey of Add-On and Integration ...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,220
Historically, some banking activities such as trading have been relying heavily on analytics and cutting edge algorithmic tools. The coming of age of powerful data analytics solutions combined with the development of intelligent algorithms have created new opportunities for financial institutions. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Sebastien Meunier, Head of Digital for North America at Chappuis Halder & Co., will discuss how these tools can be leveraged to develop a lasting competitive advanta...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,826
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 28, 2017 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 4,047
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,162
"I think that everyone recognizes that for IoT to really realize its full potential and value that it is about creating ecosystems and marketplaces and that no single vendor is able to support what is required," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP, Marketing Enterprise and Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Mar. 28, 2017 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,423
As businesses adopt functionalities in cloud computing, it’s imperative that IT operations consistently ensure cloud systems work correctly – all of the time, and to their best capabilities. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Bernd Harzog, CEO and founder of OpsDataStore, will present an industry answer to the common question, “Are you running IT operations as efficiently and as cost effectively as you need to?” He will expound on the industry issues he frequently came up against as an analyst, and...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,317
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,996
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem" ...
Mar. 28, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 8,930
After more than five years of DevOps, definitions are evolving, boundaries are expanding, ‘unicorns’ are no longer rare, enterprises are on board, and pundits are moving on. Can we now look at an evolution of DevOps? Should we? Is the foundation of DevOps ‘done’, or is there still too much left to do? What is mature, and what is still missing? What does the next 5 years of DevOps look like? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by DevOps Summit Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists l...
Mar. 28, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 9,901
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, provided the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” used open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees learned where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructure. The...
Mar. 28, 2017 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 7,498