|By PR Newswire||
|April 2, 2014 10:22 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC today affirmed its 'MOR CS2' commercial mortgage primary servicer ranking for Situs Asset Management LLC, and raised its commercial mortgage special servicer ranking for Situs Holdings, LLC to 'MOR CS1' from 'MOR CS2.' The affirmed primary servicer ranking and raised special servicer ranking are based on the following factors:
Primary Servicer Ranking:
- Stabilizing operations: Situs had high staff turnover rates during 2013 as the company made further organizational modifications as part of a revised business strategy initiated in early 2012. Signs now indicate that the company's employee turnover rate in 2014 should be much lower.
- Effective and strengthened technology: Situs has effective technology tools for its loan administration and portfolio management duties, which now involve more large-scale assets and customized reporting. In Morningstar's view, the company's conversion to a new servicing system in 2012, along with other completed technology enhancements, is strengthening its servicing capabilities.
- Solid professional experience and depth: Situs has retained an experienced professional staff and an organizational structure that promotes portfolio management accountability. Situs also has an effective training function.
- Sound internal audit and new compliance program: Situs has a multi-level internal audit function that examines its operations annually. Recently completed audits cited no material exceptions related to operational controls and procedures. Situs also established a formal compliance function for primary servicing in 2013.
- Effective portfolio management: Situs has diligent practices to monitor collateral performance and handle credit issues. The company has experience with highly structured assets, distressed portfolios, and providing investors customized surveillance and asset management.
- No commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) servicing history, yet robust client reporting capabilities: According to Morningstar, Situs has proven capabilities to deliver customized and detailed investor reporting. While the company has not yet served as a primary servicer for a government-sponsored entity or other CMBS, Situs services one securitized small-balance portfolio. The company also provides supplemental commercial real estate finance council (CREFC)-compliant portfolio surveillance reporting to certain CMBS investors.
Special Servicer Ranking:
- Extended record of asset resolution achievement: Situs demonstrates highly successful asset resolution performance results involving many challenging assets nationwide. Morningstar considers Situs to be a very adept CMBS special servicer.
- Very experienced professional team: Situs continues to have a highly experienced management team and asset managers. Adding further professional depth, the operation includes a dedicated asset management subsidiary for a bank-owned portfolio.
- Excellent technology: Situs uses a highly effective proprietary asset management system that is well-suited for CMBS reporting and integrated with the company's other applications.
- Well-controlled, diligent asset analytics and management: Situs has diligent and controlled asset analysis practices. The company also strengthened its real estate-owned (REO) property oversight by establishing an ongoing property management company audit program.
- Sound internal audit and compliance functions: The special servicing operation undergoes annual audits and has its own compliance function. Recently completed audits indicated no material exceptions related to operational controls and procedures.
- Effective conflicts of interest management: Situs is a CMBS special servicer for transactions in which two affiliated investors respectively hold first-loss positions and are the controlling class holders. In Morningstar's view, Situs has sound practices to manage any conflicts of interest in this regard.
As of Dec. 31, 2013, Situs' primary servicing portfolio consisted of 879 loans with an unpaid principal balance (UPB) of approximately $12.1 billion. The portfolio included one securitized transaction and three commercial real estate collateralized debt obligation (CRE CDO) transactions. As of Dec. 31, 2013, Situs was the named special servicer for 1,907 loans with an approximate UPB of $23.2 billion, including 18 CMBS transactions. The company's total active special servicing portfolio contained 320 assets with a combined UPB of approximately $2.4 billion. The active CMBS portfolio comprised 97 assets with a combined UPB of approximately $1.2 billion.
The forecast for both rankings remains Stable. As a primary servicer, Situs should continue to operate effectively to meet its clients' servicing and portfolio management requirements. Morningstar also believes the company will continue to maintain the practices and expertise to serve as a highly effective special servicer for CMBS and other investors.
To access Morningstar's operational risk assessment methodology and all published reports, please visit https://ratingagency.morningstar.com.
About Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC and Morningstar, Inc.
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization (NRSRO) that specializes in structured credit research and ratings, and offers a wide array of services including new-issue ratings and analysis, operational risk assessments, surveillance services, data, and technology solutions.
Morningstar Credit Ratings' rankings, forecasts, and assessments contained in this press release are evaluations and opinions of non-credit related risks, and therefore, are not credit ratings within the meaning of Section 3 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act") or credit ratings subject to the Exchange Act requirements and regulations promulgated thereunder with respect to credit ratings issued by NRSROs.
Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC is a subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individual investors, financial advisors, asset managers, and retirement plan providers and sponsors. Morningstar provides data on approximately 446,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on more than 10 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries and had approximately $159 billion in assets under advisement and management as of Dec. 31, 2013. The company has operations in 27 countries.
Morningstar, Inc. is not an NRSRO and its credit ratings on corporate and municipal issuers are not NRSRO credit ratings.
©2014 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Michelle Weiss, +1 267-960-6014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Morningstar, Inc.
TechTarget storage websites are the best online information resource for news, tips and expert advice for the storage, backup and disaster recovery markets. By creating abundant, high-quality editorial content across more than 140 highly targeted technology-specific websites, TechTarget attracts and nurtures communities of technology buyers researching their companies' information technology needs. By understanding these buyers' content consumption behaviors, TechTarget creates the purchase inte...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 720
In the enterprise today, connected IoT devices are everywhere – both inside and outside corporate environments. The need to identify, manage, control and secure a quickly growing web of connections and outside devices is making the already challenging task of security even more important, and onerous. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Rich Boyer, CISO and Chief Architect for Security at NTT i3, will discuss new ways of thinking and the approaches needed to address the emerging challenges of securit...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:45 AM EST Reads: 1,132
As cloud adoption continues to transform business, today's global enterprises are challenged with managing a growing amount of information living outside of the data center. The rapid adoption of IoT and increasingly mobile workforce are exacerbating the problem. Ensuring secure data sharing and efficient backup poses capacity and bandwidth considerations as well as policy and regulatory compliance issues.
Feb. 19, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,553
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, discussed how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer inno...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,485
Almost two-thirds of companies either have or soon will have IoT as the backbone of their business. Though, IoT is far more complex than most firms expected with a majority of IoT projects having failed. How can you not get trapped in the pitfalls? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan, Chief IoTologist at Wipro, will introduce a holistic method of IoTification, which is the process of IoTifying the existing technology portfolios and business models to adopt and leverage IoT. He will delve in...
Feb. 19, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 1,008
"We host and fully manage cloud data services, whether we store, the data, move the data, or run analytics on the data," stated Kamal Shannak, Senior Development Manager, Cloud Data Services, IBM, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 19, 2017 09:15 AM EST Reads: 5,022
SYS-CON Events announced today that Conference Guru has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. A valuable conference experience generates new contacts, sales leads, potential strategic partners and potential investors; helps gather competitive intelligence and even provides inspiration for new products and services. Conference Guru works with conference organizers to pass great dea...
Feb. 19, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,669
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Feb. 19, 2017 07:30 AM EST Reads: 1,394
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Feb. 19, 2017 06:45 AM EST Reads: 5,353
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 4,720
Zerto exhibited at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which took place at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, in June 2016. Zerto is committed to keeping enterprise and cloud IT running 24/7 by providing innovative, simple, reliable and scalable business continuity software solutions. Through the Zerto Cloud Continuity Platform™, organizations can seamlessly move and protect virtualized workloads between public, private and hybrid clouds. The company’s flagship product, Zerto Virtual...
Feb. 19, 2017 05:45 AM EST Reads: 806
WebRTC defines no default signaling protocol, causing fragmentation between WebRTC silos. SIP and XMPP provide possibilities, but come with considerable complexity and are not designed for use in a web environment. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Matthew Hodgson, technical co-founder of the Matrix.org, discussed how Matrix is a new non-profit Open Source Project that defines both a new HTTP-based standard for VoIP & IM signaling and provides reference implementations.
Feb. 19, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 4,663
The Internet of Things is clearly many things: data collection and analytics, wearables, Smart Grids and Smart Cities, the Industrial Internet, and more. Cool platforms like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Intel's Galileo and Edison, and a diverse world of sensors are making the IoT a great toy box for developers in all these areas. In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists discussed what things are the most important, which will have the most profound e...
Feb. 19, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 10,970
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Feb. 19, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 3,815
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Feb. 19, 2017 03:00 AM EST Reads: 1,533