|By PR Newswire||
|April 3, 2014 05:36 AM EDT||
DUBLIN, Apr. 03, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fx98mk/european_parcels) has announced the addition of the "European Parcels: Market Insight Report 2014" report to their offering.
The parcels market has continued to grow in most countries in spite of the recession. A key factor has been the growth of home shopping.
This has acted as a spur to innovation - in promoting the development of innovations to improve the delivery experience, from defined time-slots, to text messages to the establishment of chains of parcel shops.
Home shopping growth looks set to continue, creating further opportunities for those companies which are able to deliver the quality and range of services that the market requires.
In this environment industry consolidation has continued with the major networks continuing to make add-ons to fill geographical and service gaps - although the EU acted to prevent the major deal that was in prospect: UPS's proposed acquisition of TNT, on competition grounds.
European Parcels: Market Insight Report provides an analytical overview of the European Parcels market. It accurately portrays the market structure, size, growth, trends and competitive landscape of the European parcels market.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Online Shopping Expenditure by European Country, 2012
2. Local Collection Networks
3. Market size and growth by country / bn
4. European GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
5. European GDP growth by country: 2008-13, 2009-13 / CAGR %
6. Parcels market as % of GDP by country (G137:146)
7. European internet retail by country 2008 and 2013 / bn
8. Consumer delivery % by country
9. Growth of consumer deliveries 2008-13 / m
10. Pan-European Revenue of Leading Parcel Delivery Companies, 2012
11. European revenue of leading parcel delivery companies, 2012
12. UPS European Revenues by Country, mn (estimates), 2012
13. UPS European Operations by Country, 2012
14. History of UPS European Expansion 1976-2013
15. Deutsche Post DHL European Parcels & DHL Express Europe Revenue, 2009-2012
16. TNT Express Europe & MEA Operating Statistics, 2011-2012
17. Royal Mail Parcel Revenues & Growth: UK Parcels vs GLS, 2012-2013 (£m)
18. GLS Network Operations by Country, 2013
19. La Poste: Parcels-Express Revenue 2012 mn; Split by Type/Geography
20. GeoPost DPD European Network Operating Companies
21. FedEx Express European Operations
22. Eurodis Network Member Operational Statistics, 2012
23. EBIT Losses of Selected European Parcel Delivery Companies
24. Positive EBIT Margins Achieved, 2012 (selected companies)
25. German parcels market size and growth / bn
26. German GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
27. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: Germany vs European average
28. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: Germany vs European average
29. Germany Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
30. Deutsche Post DHL Germany Parcels Business Unit (Mail) Parcel Volumes in Germany, B2B vs B2C, 2009-2012
31. Forecast German GDP growth / annual % change
32. Forecast German parcels market size and growth / bn
33. French parcels market size and growth / bn
34. French GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
35. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: France vs European average
36. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: France vs European average
37. France Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
38. La Poste Revenues by Parcels Businesses, 2011-2012
39. Forecast French GDP growth / annual % change
40. Forecast French parcels market size and growth / bn
41. UK parcels market size and growth / bn
42. UK GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
43. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: UK vs European average
44. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: UK vs European average
45. UK Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
46. Forecast UK GDP growth / annual % change
47. Forecast UK parcels market size and growth / bn
48. Italian parcels market size and growth / bn
49. Italian GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
50. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: Italy vs European average
51. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: Italy vs European average
52. Italy Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
53. Poste Italiane / SDA Express Courier Parcels Volumes and Revenues, 2011-2012
54. Forecast Italian GDP growth / annual % change
55. Forecast Italian parcels market size and growth / bn
56. Spanish parcels market size and growth / bn
57. Spanish GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
58. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: Spain vs European average
59. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: Spain vs European average
60. Spain Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
61. Forecast Spanish GDP growth / annual % change
62. Forecast Spanish parcels market size and growth / bn
63. Benelux parcels market size and growth / bn
64. Benelux GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
65. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: Benelux vs European average
66. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: Benelux vs European average
67. Benelux Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
68. bPost Parcel Revenues 2011-2012
69. Forecast Benelux GDP growth / annual % change
70. Forecast Benelux parcels market size and growth / bn
71. Polish parcels market size and growth / bn
72. Polish GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
73. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: Poland vs European average
74. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: Poland vs European average
75. Poland Parcels Market Competitor Analysis, 2011-2012
76. Forecast Polish GDP growth / annual % change
77. Forecast Polish parcels market size and growth / bn
78. Other Europe: estimated market size by country/ bn
79. Other Europe GDP growth: 2008-13 / annual % change
80. Internet retail as percentage of GDP: Other Europe vs European average
81. Consumer deliveries as a percentage of total parcels volume: Other Europe vs European average
82. Forecast Other Europe GDP growth / annual % change
83. Forecast Other Europe parcels market size and growth / bn
84. European GDP growth: 2008-18 / annual % change
85. European GDP growth by country: 2008-13, 2009-13, 2013-18 / CAGR %
86. European internet retail by country 2008, 2013 and 2018 / bn
87. Market size and growth forecast/ bn
- City Link
- Deutsche Post
- La Poste
- Poste Italiane
- Royal Mail
- UK Mail
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fx98mk/european_parcels
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, [email protected]
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,051
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Sep. 28, 2016 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,153
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,841
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interface Masters Technologies, a leader in Network Visibility and Uptime Solutions, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Interface Masters Technologies is a leading vendor in the network monitoring and high speed networking markets. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Interface Masters' expertise lies in Gigabit, 10 Gigabit and 40 Gigabit Eth...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,633
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software sec...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,268
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Sep. 28, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,746
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,201
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Sep. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,124
Ask someone to architect an Internet of Things (IoT) solution and you are guaranteed to see a reference to the cloud. This would lead you to believe that IoT requires the cloud to exist. However, there are many IoT use cases where the cloud is not feasible or desirable. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, will discuss the strategies that exist to extend intelligence directly to IoT devices and sensors, freeing them from the constraints of ...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,546
Technology vendors and analysts are eager to paint a rosy picture of how wonderful IoT is and why your deployment will be great with the use of their products and services. While it is easy to showcase successful IoT solutions, identifying IoT systems that missed the mark or failed can often provide more in the way of key lessons learned. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Peter Vanderminden, Principal Industry Analyst for IoT & Digital Supply Chain to Flatiron Strategies, will focus on how IoT de...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,153
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,570
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 537
"We have several customers now running private clouds. They're not as large as they should be but it's getting there. The adoption challenge has been pretty simple. Look at the world today of virtualization vs cloud," stated Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,430
An IoT product’s log files speak volumes about what’s happening with your products in the field, pinpointing current and potential issues, and enabling you to predict failures and save millions of dollars in inventory. But until recently, no one knew how to listen. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Dan Gettens, Chief Research Officer at OnProcess, will discuss recent research by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and OnProcess Technology, where MIT created a new, breakthrough analytics model f...
Sep. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,055
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 28, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,270